Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

What about the likes of Cream? She's small and light.

With a blue doll like creature that appears to be made of iron and can be commanded like a mini-homing missile.

What was the exact cause of Shadow's fall from space at the end of SA2?

Was it because he has the same problem as Sonic in that it's hard to actually sustain Super form as well as exhausting? Or did he try to commit suicide because he felt that his purpose had been fulfilled and was of the mindset that he had no reason left to live? I've actually heard the 'suicide' suggestion quite a few times. Or was the loss of one of his rings contributory towards his fall?

I think the 'losing too much energy' is the most sensical explanation considering that Shadow does say during the fight that he's having issues with his Super form.

Well, it WAS his first time using the form. He also found out only minutes before that he basically fucked up his dead best friends wish by nearly committing planetary genocide. AND the power of the Chaos Emeralds are stated as being brought out through willpower (where exactly I don't remember).

It stands to reason that not only was he having trouble using/maintaining the form, he probably also didn't have the willpower to continue on after the FinalHazard was stopped, considering how close he had come to basically fucking up his friends dying wish, and basically chose to let his power burn out and try to rejoin Maria and Gerald in the afterlife.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

It's a superpower. Not an ordinary girl throwing a rock.

And at what point in the game was Marine implied to be anything but an ordinary girl? We got no kind of foreshadowing of this magical ability to control water, or any mention of it afterward. Do you seriouly expect me to believe Marine is hydrokinetic based on a single cutscene?

And at what point in the game was Marine implied to be anything but an ordinary girl? We got no kind of foreshadowing of this magical ability to control water, or any mention of it afterward. Do you seriouly expect me to believe Marine is hydrokinetic based on a single cutscene?

Why wouldn't believe it? Even if it did only appear in one cutscene, it makes a lot of sense when you take everything about Marine into account, including the pyrokinetic Blaze.

And at what point in the game was Marine implied to be anything but an ordinary girl?

That scene.

We got no kind of foreshadowing of this magical ability to control water, or any mention of it afterward. Do you seriouly expect me to believe Marine is hydrokinetic based on a single cutscene?

Yes. Are you required to see something twice before believing it?

That scene.

I meant before that scene.

<quote>Yes. Are you required to see something twice before believing it?</quote>

No, but if she really was hydrokinetic, the game would have at least hinted at it. Having Marine be suddenly able to control water without any kind of foreshadowing is the sort of thing I would expect from a bad fanfic.

Incidentally, is it possible that what she threw was actually a bomb of some sort? It wouldn't be out of place for someone with her mechanical skills, and it would certainly explain how it was able to damage the Egg Wizard.

Could someone remind me how to dissect posts? I think I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by ElectroKyurem

<quote>Yes. Are you required to see something twice before believing it?</quote>

No, but if she really was hydrokinetic, the game would have at least hinted at it. Having Marine be suddenly able to control water without any kind of foreshadowing is the sort of thing I would expect from a bad fanfic.

Incidentally, is it possible that what she threw was actually a bomb of some sort? It wouldn't be out of place for someone with her mechanical skills, and it would certainly explain how it was able to damage the Egg Wizard.

It's not like it COMPLETELY out of nowhere considering her name is MARINE. And the fact that Tails (and Marine) builds various ships and stuff to travel over the water and they all have something water related in the name. 

They didn't. But that doesn't actually matter.

Welcome to Sonic games.

Bombs don't make your hands glow. Unless they're radioactive. But they surely would have gone into detail about Marine's experiments with nuclear fission if that were the case.

It's not like it COMPLETELY out of nowhere considering her name is MARINE. And the fact that Tails (and Marine) builds various ships and stuff to travel over the water and they all have something water related in the name. 

Her name is Marine because she's a sailor. It's as simple as that.

They didn't. But that doesn't actually matter.

Welcome to Sonic games.

Bombs don't make your hands glow. Unless they're radioactive. But they surely would have gone into detail about Marine's experiments with nuclear fission if that were the case.

You're impossible.

Her name is Marine because she's a sailor. It's as simple as that.

It can mean multiple things.

You're impossible.

Hey I'm not the one that can't acknowledge the things I see with my own two eyes.

Hey I'm not the one that can't acknowledge the things I see with my own two eyes.

That's because unlike you, I'm not 100% positive that my own two eyes see Marine throwing water.

I'm hoping this will get answered in Lost World, but how does everyone think Classic and Modern Eggman will escape White Space?

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

hmm... perhaps they use the power of brains overproscessing during a blank time to create a false time and then create a way home? i hate time travel!

In regards to Marine, I think it's highly likely that it is her being a hydro kinetic. She's never shown to have it before and that fine, in the scene with the Egg Wizard it's quite stressful, the same sort of situations are when you hear about other superheroes gaining their superpowers (re:Cyclops).

My main argument for this though is that it could have been dimps or whoever trying to make marine relevant for a sequel. She is practically Blaze's Tails, but without the flight, without making the next rush like adventure what use would marine be? Her main purpose in SRA was to build boats, if there are no boats in the next potential sequel then she would be useless. Of course I think the idea of a sequel has probably been scrapped by now though

• 1 month later...

Why is it despite all the effort Sonic Team is putting into these new Sonic games they won't make a new NiGHTS game. I mean I know JoD reception was kinda mixed, but so was those other Sonic games from back then and you know what they did, they learned from their mistakes and now Sonic games are getting good reception after all these years of negative reception that was driving the fans crazy. They can do the same for NiGHTS. It's going to take a while but with all the effort they put into these new sonic games they can put some of that effort into NiGHTS. Personally I think they need to take a break from Sonic and focus on their old Ip's because I bet if they put there mind to it these old franchises can become successful again. It's just wasted potential.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is it despite all the effort Sonic Team is putting into these new Sonic games they won't make a new NiGHTS game. I mean I know JoD reception was kinda mixed, but so was those other Sonic games from back then and you know what they did, they learned from their mistakes and now Sonic games are getting good reception after all these years of negative reception that was driving the fans crazy. They can do the same for NiGHTS. It's going to take a while but with all the effort they put into these new sonic games they can put some of that effort into NiGHTS. Personally I think they need to take a break from Sonic and focus on their old Ip's because I bet if they put there mind to it these old franchises can become successful again. It's just wasted potential.

Finally another Nights fan!smile.png

I agree with you 100 percent. I have only dabbled in Nights, but its a good game that deserves more attention. Plus the music for it has a nice sound. I was so happy when the albums came out on iTunes. Plus the fan album "Nights Into Lucid Dreams" is AMAZING. You should check it out.

Its hard being a Nights fan, since games for the series are so few and far in-between. But there is a very devoted fan base out there waiting for the day when Sega will give Nights another try.

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

• 5 months later...

Can I bump this? Seems like it would be a popular topic. ^^"

Umm... sure, as you already have, but that's not really the way to do it. Just feel free to ask questions at your leisure, that's what this thread is for after all.

Umm... sure, as you already have, but that's not really the way to do it. Just feel free to ask questions at your leisure, that's what this thread is for after all.

This is thread is for asking questions that weren't answered in Sonic media like where did the Time Eater come from and such, then we try to answer it and move onto the next question.

Question. Are all the pieces from the Death Egg still polluting Angel Island?

Probably since Knuckles can't just get rid of all the pieces himself but who knows maybe Episode III will answer that question.

If Sega ever gave the go for it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is thread is for asking questions that weren't answered in Sonic media like where did the Time Eater come from and such, then we try to answer it and move onto the next question.

Yeah, indeed. Maybe I should have elaborated and stated "Lore/story related", to be more specific.

Anyway, shame this thread was gone for so long. I may have forgotten about it when it went silent, but I'm really grateful it's popped up again. 

Here's mine.

Does Sonic:Lost World flat out ignore Sonic Generations? Yes, there's no explanation to how Eggman would have gotten out of White Space and recovered Orbot and Cubot, so in that respect, it honestly works better after Colors in that regard. However, I don't see much of an issue with simply saying he found a door back to his own time. There's nothing I can think of that flat out contradicts Sonic Generations in Lost World.

Probably since Knuckles can't just get rid of all the pieces himself but who knows maybe Episode III will answer that question.

If Sega ever gave the go for it though.

Now that I think about it, I often wondered if that was where Tails got all his stuff to work with :)

I had an idea where all the events of Generations were erased from time but it would have worked if there was actual dialogue and interactions and overall a much better story for the game, yeah here's another 06 reference for ya XD

Now that I think about it, I often wondered if that was where Tails got all his stuff to work with smile.png

Actually now that you mention it, that does make a lot of sense! That's probably how Tails made the vehicles for him and Sonic since the descriptions in All-Stars Racing did mention Tails making the vehicles using scrap parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had an idea where all the events of Generations were erased from time but it would have worked if there was actual dialogue and interactions and overall a much better story for the game, yeah here's another 06 reference for ya XD

Yeah, I love Sonic Generations as an actual game, but good god is the story such a lazy mess. 

The Classic and Modern characters meeting up with each other and having the past counterparts not forget this presents a load of unspoken problems within itself. It really bothers me now that I think about it. Small design changes were probably made by characters like Eggman due to simply meeting his future self, which kind of takes away his own originality. I like to view him as a stylish bastard that likes to change up his own wardrobe on occassion rather than copy someone he meets just by knowing it will be him one day.

Then of course there's the issue of Classic Eggman being stranded in White Space at the end with no explanation as to how he gets out afterwards. Yeah, you can go back to the ass-pull door explanation I mentioned, but now that he remembers the events of what transpired, wouldn't that create a split timeline where he stops all his failures from ever happening?

Gah, it would have been far less problematic properly placing Generations in the canon if the two Eggmen weren't stranded in White Space and there would be an explanation that the classic characters don't remember any of the game's events. But maybe I'm looking too deep into this, it's just that time travel relating to memories and somehow not causing split timelines really bothers me.

• Thumbs Up 1