Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

So how the hell can Knuckles hear without ears?

Who said he had no ears? They could be concealed under his spines or something. Birds don't exactly have visible ears yet they can hear just fine.

What slightly got me about Season 3 of Sonic X was that the ages of characters were ambiguous. Characters still have eyecatchers in the released JP versions of the episodes 53-78 yet no age is stated on them. IMO, this was a sneaky way of not referencing the weird way time flows throughout the series.

For instance, it is stated in episode 27 that 6 months passed between the time that episode takes place and episode 26. Then in episode 54, Tails states that only 6 months passed in his world/dimension between episode 52 and the time in that episode. Sensically, this must mean that all of the characters aged at least one year between season 1/2 and season 3 yet their info cards don't state any age;

78b.jpg

Sonic should be at least 16 in season 3 as at least one year passed over the series.

Oddly, Cosmo's age was never stated on her info card, only her weight and height despite her not being affected by timeflow the same way the other characters are.

Somebody from Sega sees this and comes up with a new design for Knuckles:

KxDMO.png

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 8

>

Echidnas lack the prominent ears that Hedgehogs or Foxes do, they still have the ability and functions required to hear, but they don't have ear flaps, meaning Knux's dreadlocks hide these ears anyway.

Somebody from Sega sees this and comes up with a new design for Knuckles:

KxDMO.png

That, my good man, is instant like for days! And it's actually not too far from what echidna ears look like.

echidnaear.jpg

Do Sonic's shoes have powers of their own, canonically?

Power Sneakers.

they grant no powers to Sonic whatsoever, but they absorb the near infinite heating and friction generated from going at hypersonic and relativistic speeds.

my headcanon.

Blaze's ponytail it's just hair/fur that she arranges as such

20015068_m.png

Knuckles has orifices for hearing, below his fur/dreadlocks.

Edited by Anti Alias

Well, the American manual said that it was Sonic's shoes which made him run fast, but that got quickly retconned and swept under the rug.

Also, I find it weird how Blaze's hair are effectively feathers. Maybe her dad's a bird.

Well, the American manual said that it was Sonic's shoes which made him run fast, but that got quickly retconned and swept under the rug.

Also, I find it weird how Blaze's hair are effectively feathers. Maybe her dad's a bird.

that would explain how jet was her brother in SaTBK.

Wasn't there an issue of the comic (may have been one of the Knuckles ones) where both he and his dad (or a relative) took off their gloves which revealed that his Dad (or relative) had normal hands but Knuckles were slightly deformed which actual spiked knuckles due to the radiation of the Master Emerald while growing up?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't there an issue of the comic (may have been one of the Knuckles ones) where both he and his dad (or a relative) took off their gloves which revealed that his Dad (or relative) had normal hands but Knuckles were slightly deformed which actual spiked knuckles due to the radiation of the Master Emerald while growing up?

Knuckles_without_his_glove.jpg

Yeah... that is pretty stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

What made Tails crash in Circus Park and what made the Egg Carrier crash during Kingdom Valley? Literally nothing gets explained properly in these games, it's like you're supposed to just "know".

What made Tails crash in Circus Park and what made the Egg Carrier crash during Kingdom Valley? Literally nothing gets explained properly in these games, it's like you're supposed to just "know".

Don't you know? "The Engines are malfunction!" - Eggman not finishing his sentence if you listen carefully.

A Gremlin (horriblus writinius) got into their engines.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah but why didn't they have Mephiles attack the ship to try and get the princess so he can try and release Iblis or something?

And Tails is literally just chilling above Circus Park, then he randomly crashes. There's no indication as to where and he comes back to rendezvous with Shadow pretty damn fast.

...The scriptwriting?

Also I can't remember why Tails crashes in SA1. Is it because he loses control of the plane with the Emerald in it or something?

...The scriptwriting?

"...and then Mephiles...WHAT?! Oh for the love of...Metal Sonic, watch the controls for a moment. I have to speak with my agent."

BUT THEY FORGOT TO PUT METAL IN

Alternatively, he just saw the script and had a heart attack.

Also I can't remember why Tails crashes in SA1. Is it because he loses control of the plane with the Emerald in it or something?

I assume the Emerald overloads the plane.

Edited by Wario wants a damn WiiU

I assume the Emerald overloads the plane.
Yes, I believe that is stated in-game, if my memory serves me.

Are Rouge's electrokinetic powers in Heroes canon?

Nope. And neither of the other flying type characters electric powers in heroes are canon either.

Boxing gloves are just gloves for them. For echidnas, they're not advanced.

Just because boxing gloves aren't primitive for human civilization doesn't mean the same is true for a different civilization.

I maybe didn't phrase my thoughts too well, i meant it was funny that the Echidnas wore the exact same kind of gloves that the characters wear in the modernday, as in civilization has advanced from the primitve Mayan-like society of the echidnas to the advanced culture of modern sonic but they still make gloves in the exact same way, even down to the fabric it seems :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Why did Eggman's ship suddenly decide to crash in next gen?

Just happened at random, I mean these things can happen by accident, it just seems like something might have happened to make it malfunction.

Never mind, somebody already asked that.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

commenting again on the Knuckles hands have real spikes thing, Im sure it makes more sense that Knuckles has the spikes on his own hands, due to their appearance in many of the art showing the ancient echidnas etc (SA2 sandy levels)(SA1 mystic ruins). and like mentioned in the comics I believe, they all thought Knuckels was the chosen one because he actually HAD the spikes where they had worn them on their gloves for generations.

I dont really use the comics as cannon myself, but I also think that they must be real to allow Knuckles to use them in battle both with his shovel claw and punching abilities being able to destroy enemies. Wearing padded boxing gloves are designed NOT to kill the enemy, to soften the blow, so the spikes need to be real, probably something similar to horns to be able to be used in that fasion without hurting Knuckles when he punches things with them.

Of course this is sonic and im going way to deep :P