Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That's probably in part because she actually got to interact with and bring a little something to their friendship.

True, there really isn't much interaction between Amy and Cream so much as there is Cream reacting to Amy's antics.

Has Tails ever used any other electrical abilities?

12 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

True, there really isn't much interaction between Amy and Cream so much as there is Cream reacting to Amy's antics.

Exactly.

Except in Battle, as I was jolted to learn.

Has anyone ever asked about what Espio knew about Saffron on the Bumblekast? I'm finally doing another email in and swear I remember hearing that one, but it's not in my Sent.

8 hours ago, Scape said:

Here's a question: why the fuck can't Amy have a sincere friendship with anyone

Because most of the candidates either were destined to leave/die at the end of the adventure, don't show up enough in tandem with her for much interaction, or simply get overshadowed by the game/story's structure.

Was the Extractor mandated by SEGA or was that what Mr. Pontac & Graff came up with?

So apparently, Cream has assets in Forces' files. Is this true?

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably has already been answered already, but if Sally was really based on a Ricky why didn't she have a squirrel tail?

3 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Probably has already been answered already, but if Sally was really based on a Ricky why didn't she have a squirrel tail?

Given that she was also gonna be a lion at one point, I'd chock it up to coincidence and/or localized incorporation.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Sometimes I just can't help but wonder about the chaos born from the rivalry between SoA and SoJ.

I also wonder if the sacking of SoA was a bad idea in hindsight. 😥

3 hours ago, Guergy said:

I also wonder if the sacking of SoA was a bad idea in hindsight. 😥

For the people and their jobs and livelihood, definitely. As a fan of the Japanese version of the early Sonic game stories, and to an extent the adventure through Unleashed stories, I don't mind that SoA lost their creative freedom with Sonic. These days though, since only Ian Flynn seems to have the skill and willingness in an official capacity to make even eth Japanese side make sense I wish the rivalry and SoJ xenophobia would just go away so that the two sides of the pacific could come together to actually properly work together and start making the best games and stories that they can. I always say that pride is a necessity to a certain degree, but when it turns into arrogance it is naught but poison which hurts everyone and SoJ has way to much pride turned arrogance for their own good.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Were the Deadly Six in their true forms? 

Aside from Zavok, yeah probably.

34 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Who built those generic ruins dotted around the Hex?

Uh, what ruins now?

9 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Was Blaze's Dimension affected by Eggman using the Genesis Wave and then the Space Laser to split Sonic's World?

If you're referring entirely to the Archie comics, then there was no Space Laser in that version. Sonic's world split apart due to Super Sonic's botched attempt to stop the Super Genesis Wave, at the end of Worlds Collide.

As for the Sol Zone, I recall Ian Flynn suggesting long ago on the Bumbleking Forums, that it was protected from the Genesis Wave(s) thanks to the Jewelled Sceptre's power. Hence why it's seemingly unaffected even after the reboot.

1 hour ago, NegaMetallix said:

If you're referring entirely to the Archie comics, then there was no Space Laser in that version. Sonic's world split apart due to Super Sonic's botched attempt to stop the Super Genesis Wave, at the end of Worlds Collide.

As for the Sol Zone, I recall Ian Flynn suggesting long ago on the Bumbleking Forums, that it was protected from the Genesis Wave(s) thanks to the Jewelled Sceptre's power. Hence why it's seemingly unaffected even after the reboot.

The Genesis Wave in the reboot was the name applied to the Sonic X-esque Chaos Control Eggman did in Sonic Advance 3. Thus, I'm applying it to the games.

Thanks for reminding me of that!

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The Genesis Wave in the reboot was the name applied to the Sonic X-esque Chaos Control Eggman did in Sonic Advance 3. Thus, I'm applying it to the games.

Thanks for reminding me of that!

Oh, you meant that Genesis Wave?

...Well, either way, I don't think it ever affected the Sol Zone. Going by Advance 3, it seemed to split just Sonic's dimension into many seperate dimensions, before being put back as it was in the end.

Or something like that.

It did end up affecting the Sol Dimension though. It just didn't at first because the last minute rewrites made a mess of the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

It did end up affecting the Sol Dimension though. It just didn't at first because the last minute rewrites made a mess of the whole thing. 

How so? The only time we got to see the Sol Zone during the reboot was Pirate Plunder Panic, where it didn't appear to be affected at all (aside from the Wily Egg being inadvertently dumped there).

23 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

How so? The only time we got to see the Sol Zone during the reboot was Pirate Plunder Panic, where it didn't appear to be affected at all (aside from the Wily Egg being inadvertently dumped there).

I'm guessing she's either referring that, plus Team Julibee and Bean & Bark, or some lesser known information about Null Mind.

Dumb question: given that Infinite seems to leave his physical body open to attack, why didn't Silver just use his psychic powers to yank the Phantom Ruby away from him during their fight?

6 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Dumb question: given that Infinite seems to leave his physical body open to attack, why didn't Silver just use his psychic powers to yank the Phantom Ruby away from him during their fight?

Cause that would've involved thinking practically with a great power and we can't have that if we want the story to last more than an hour.

Also, he probably didn't know/consider it was the source of Infinite's power. The Resistance apparently hadn't encountered him personally before.

• Thumbs Up 1