Person

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Why is Sonic in a car? (This is a joke one; we all know it's so those poor saps actually stand a chance)

How much force would it take to inflict injury on Shadow?

How many of Shadow's abilities are his own physical engineering, and how much that chaos mumbo jumbo?

Gerald and Eggman are both great scientists. Was Eggman's father a brilliant man as well?

Was Eggman deprived of childhood enjoyments by his father, hence his fixation on carnivals and toy-like machines?

Where the bloody hell does Eggman get all the money to pay for the crap he builds?!

Given that the man was playing God, why didn't Gerald tune out Shadow's "Evil" colors while designing him?

We know of one Ultimate Life form prototype. Were there others?

What caused Metal Sonic to go wacko and overthrow Eggman?

What happened to Orbot and Cubot after they were abandoned?

How much force would it take to inflict injury on Shadow?

How many of Shadow's abilities are his own physical engineering, and how much that chaos mumbo jumbo?

Gerald and Eggman are both great scientists. Was Eggman's father a brilliant man as well?

Was Eggman deprived of childhood enjoyments by his father, hence his fixation on carnivals and toy-like machines?

Where the bloody hell does Eggman get all the money to pay for the crap he builds?!

Given that the man was playing God, why didn't Gerald tune out Shadow's "Evil" colors while designing him?

We know of one Ultimate Life form prototype. Were there others?

What happened to Orbot and Cubot after they were abandoned?

1) Probably getting hit at a high velocity with something very heavy.

2) I'd say most of his abilities are Chaos-oriented, with the exception of his standard attacks..

3) Hard to say, although considering how Eggman turned out, he was probably a crappy father.

4) Could be; might be interesting if Eggman somehow ends up with an overly dramatic backstory.

5) He probably has a bunch of legitimate businesses spread throughout the world that he controls secretly to get his funding from.

6) Well, going by the whole "Black Doom gives his blood" thing, I'd presume he couldn't due to genetics.

7) /tinfoilhat Sonic?

8) Bad writing. Although for in-universe, he probably got sick of Eggman fucking up so often that he decided to take matters into his own hands. But mostly bad writing.

9) Still floating in space, probably snarking about their situation. Knowing the current state of continuity, they'll probably end up with Eggman again in the next game with a handwave or a cheap explanation at best.

Edited by Malpercio

How many toes does Sonic have?

I personally believe he while has no visable toes, but he has them under his fur. Like, the bone structure and all. Just the way his fur covers them, you can't see them at all so he looks like he has sock feet.

So, while he has the actual pyshical side of having toes, you never see them.

I think Metal Sonic was blamed his previous failures on the Doctor, saw how many times the Doctor had failed, and even aided the enemy, and thought "I can do better" and overthrew him.

And anyway, if someone destroyed your face with a laser beam, I think you'd be pretty annoyed with them too.

There's an episode of SatAM ("The Odd Couple", I think) where Antoine removes Sonic's shoes and throws them outside, and we can see Sonic's feet. I didn't count the toes but I know that he had them.

Toes are a western concept. One that fits Sonic like a Cheerio fits a finger.

Why is Professor Gerald called that when his surname is Robotnik? Shouldn't he be Professor Robotnik?.....

Well, that would add more people who think Gerald is the Robotnik from the Mega Drive games into the mix.

Toes are a western concept. One that fits Sonic like a Cheerio fits a finger.

I can't say I know what you mean. You're saying that toes are a concept the doesn't fit Sonic? Not only that but you said that "toes are a western concept"; what does that even mean? Toes aren't really a "concept" anyway, they're a body part and every human, western or otherwise, has them. Hedgehogs also have toes. So what exactly do you mean by "toes are a concept that doesn't fit Sonic"? Besides, such things are truly innocuous and aren't "fit" or "unfit" for Sonic one way or the other.

Well, toes on Sonic characters is a Western idea (I don't think the Japanese thought about it until Sonic Adventure). I say it doesn't fit because Sonic characters with toes look, well, out of place. The Felix-ish blobs look more natural for them.

Okay, I have one question: Is Sonic a tad overpowered for his own good?

It's not that he is overpowered as much as there simply isn't anything that is presented as a real danger to him. If he had some conflict that had a long term impact, he would probably be a little more balanced out. As of right now, he is basically presented with 3 inch tall walls, rather than Great Walls, so he plows through them with little to no consequence.