Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

On 1/13/2019 at 9:36 PM, DabigRG said:

What's up with this?

wat.jpg.7afe95b5cf308b50091ed8733ec26cc3.jpg

It's from that issue of Archie where Tommy the lame turtle sacrificed himself. Tails is crying because Tommy died, Shadow's being stern because he's Shadow.

Was Chaos supposed to be working for Eggman in Battle?

Are the circles and stars on the thread titles indicative of anything in particular?

20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Are the circles and stars on the thread titles indicative of anything in particular?

The circles mean there are unread posts in the thread and a star means you’ve posted in the thread before

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

42 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

The circles mean there are unread posts in the thread and a star means you’ve posted in the thread before

Okay, that sounds about right. Thank you!

32 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Does Dr. Nega have an emblem of his own?

Actually, I don't think so. As often as he's appeared as a rival in the Mario & Sonic series (and even as a playable character in Rio 3DS), I don't think he's ever had the chance to get an emblem. 

11 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Actually, I don't think so. As often as he's appeared as a rival in the Mario & Sonic series (and even as a playable character in Rio 3DS), I don't think he's ever had the chance to get an emblem. 

Interesting.

I've been going through Sonic-a-thon playthroughs recently and I noticed that Captain Whisker's emblem was used in the DS version during some event against Amy. And given Nega was just fought as a boss one or two areas prior, it made me wonder why they didn't use one for him explicitly.

Nega actually has an emblem in Sochi! You could see it on his ski at the start of that boss event against him, Rouge and Dry Bowser. I remember because I tried to find Rouge's during the race but gave up because that broad always changed into her bobsled when I caught up.

57 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Nega actually has an emblem in Sochi! You could see it on his ski at the start of that boss event against him, Rouge and Dry Bowser. I remember because I tried to find Rouge's during the race but gave up because that broad always changed into her bobsled when I caught up.

Okay, that sounds about right.

Dry Bowser and one would assume Rouge already has one or two to work with and it's not like it would be too hard to make one for Nega.

2 minutes ago, Xeric said:

Yes, he does.

TdfYlDD.png

Oh yeah, I do remember seeing that! Thanks!

Is it bad that I didn't see the arrow at first?.

Why does Amy have her classic design there?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So apparently, there's a Cream vs Zavok debate brewing in a few corners?

....What's up with that?

zavok got announced for the racing thing

people got mad that zavok, a character most people dislike, took up a spot on the roster instead of a more sonic-y character like cream

this led to a debate about cream's importance to the franchise

or something

Just now, Heckboy said:

zavok got announced for the racing thing

people got mad that zavok, a character most people dislike, took up a spot on the roster instead of a more sonic-y character like cream

this led to a debate about cream's importance to the franchise

or something

Okay, I kinda figured Team Sonic Racing helped sparked it, but the fact that it's those two specifically is kinda funny.

Honestly, Cream Vs. Zavok almost sounds like some kinda cheesy movie debate, not to mention being as opposite end of two spectrums as you can get.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, DabigRG said:

Was Chaos supposed to be working for Eggman in Battle?

Nope. Chaos sensed a potential danger coming (from the Death Egg) and returned to guard the shrine from threats. 

9 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Nope. Chaos sensed a potential danger coming (from the Death Egg) and returned to guard the shrine from threats. 

Okay, cause I know while the FTCR stream of it didn't have them fight Chaos in the story, the weird ice crater thing he apparently comes from was mighty close to the Death Egg. And I seem to recall Knuckles' explanation being a little vague, for some reason?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, cause I know while the FTCR stream of it didn't have them fight Chaos in the story, the weird ice crater thing he apparently comes from was mighty close to the Death Egg. And I seem to recall Knuckles' explanation being a little vague, for some reason?

Well the Death Egg was in space, Chaos was at the Emerald Altar, which had a wee frozen bit near it. Knuckles said the same kind of thing I said. Played the game for years, one of my favourites.

23 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Well the Death Egg was in space, Chaos was at the Emerald Altar, which had a wee frozen bit near it. Knuckles said the same kind of thing I said.

Oh, well tehn, I meant whatever they used to get up there.

But okay, thanks for the clarification!

24 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Played the game for years, one of my favourites.

Cool! Kinda wished I had gotten a few times.

So here's a question that's been quietly looming for a while: how "canon" is Runners, in terms of what can safely be considered such?

There was a casting site that listed Pete Capella as preparing to reprise his role in a Sonic product that obviously never saw the light of day not long after 06. Does anyone have any idea what this was?