Person

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

22 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Does guarding the Master Emerald come with any perks or benefits, or is the task completely thankless?

Aside from the tidbit that it can control the other Emeralds, none. Knuckles pretty much guards it out of self-appointed duty, with a previous dash of preservation for what's remains of his kind.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Aside from the tidbit that it can control the other Emeralds, none. Knuckles pretty much guards it out of self-appointed duty, with a previous dash of preservation for what's remains of his kind.

So it's thankless? In that case I don't blame Knuckles for abandoning it in recent games.

1 hour ago, Silver15 said:

don't know if this has been asked but what happened to knuckles people the echidna, 

and why does people mistake sonic for shadow,

Chaos wiped most of them out in it's rage.

Because superfast hedgehog. It's also worth noting that it mostly happened at night.

On February 7, 2019 at 6:13 PM, DabigRG said:

Does anyone mind explaining the cultural context of what the heck this stuff is?

Sonic Channel - Cream & Cheese 2013Sonic Channel - Silver the Hedgehog 2013Sonic Channel - Vector the Crocodile 2014Amy rose sonic channelWallpaper 129 knuckles 10 pcWallpaper 130 blaze 08 pc

Wallpaper 141 wave 03 pc

Better question: why is no one building gunpla? Everyone knows that there is nothing more Japanese than building scale plastic models of giant robots!

10 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Do you think Rouge and Knuckles' "unspoken connection" will get more development in future games? Or maybe Rouge's apparent crush?

Knuckles or by some miracle Rouge ever get big focus again, yeah maybe.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Rouge doesn't really have a canonical crush, that was just stated by Sonic Central which was way off base in a lot of things (like Fang still being part of the cast). 

I really, REALLY wish I could see Sonic Central again. Even back when I was a tot, looking at that site, I knew they were off base with Fang because he clearly wasn't around.

I also REALLY want to see those old Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 06 sites again. The layouts are still fresh in my mind but they had some interesting info on them that I can't see anymore.

As well as some weird descriptions for the characters. I remember Amy's profile in Shadow the Hedgehog saying that "this girl knows what's hot and what's not" like she's the goddamn Archie version of Honey the Cat. 

People say the internet is forever but apparently not the old internet. 

-No , just no .

I don't want any romance between Knuckles and Rouge .

Knuckles getting character development , yes .

Rouge getting characters development , yes .

The difference Knuckles is more likely to get that and more spot light , due his popularity and being memorable since classic era .  Rouge on the other hand , gonna require miracle to get major role and do a huge achievement .

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Rouge doesn't really have a canonical crush, that was just stated by Sonic Central which was way off base in a lot of things (like Fang still being part of the cast). 

Were the information they said approved from Sega themselves , cuz I never visit the website .

Edited by Gumbit

Either way, there's an "unspoken connection" between the two, and Rivals 2 clearly shows Knuckles being flustered and distracted too easily by her flirting with him (she call hs "dashing and daring" of which the former is clearly talking about him being attractive.

Granted, this is the last time we've seen them paired up and both playable to boot, last I'm aware. But there's always been that little banter between them.

I'd just like to see more of it. It's like a batman and catwoman thing.

Also, almost all of the Sonic gals are popular sans Cream. Blaze, Rouge, and Amy all have their fans and she, along with Blaze and Silver, are typically used for the more fanservice-y titles. She's only missed out on a few games compared to those others, although Vector seems to be gaining more traction as of late, especially his presence in the Mario and Sonic games (though I can honestly see it being because Rouge is a bit promiscuous compared to the other girls and would likely boost the ratings with the alt costumes they give the girls for some events).

Here's one that's more aimed at the fanbase than the franchise itself, but how come when it comes to Sonic this happens?

A need for a sense of urgency balanced with levity escalates rapidly to serious versus comedy, edgy versus childish, dark versus light,  grim dark versus it's for toddlers, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG RUINED EVERYTHING!

I haven't seen it happen for a while fortunately but I'm just kind of curious what causes that to happen when talking about this franchise.

5 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Here's one that's more aimed at the fanbase than the franchise itself, but how come when it comes to Sonic this happens?

A need for a sense of urgency balanced with levity escalates rapidly to serious versus comedy, edgy versus childish, dark versus light,  grim dark versus it's for toddlers, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG RUINED EVERYTHING!

I haven't seen it happen for a while fortunately but I'm just kind of curious what causes that to happen when talking about this franchise.

...What's the question now?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

...What's the question now?

Sorry, I forgot to clearly ask how come when one asks for a sense of urgency balanced with some levity that it escalates as an argument in a fashion similar to my example.

22 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Sorry, I forgot to clearly ask how come when one asks for a sense of urgency balanced with some levity that it escalates as an argument in a fashion similar to my example.

Okay. It was kinda of an extended sentence that ended with an exclamation, so I wasn't sure where the question was at first glance.

Because a surprising number of people tend to think 2 dimensionally and/or in absolutes. "Everything must be one way or another to be solid," that sort of thing.

There are numerous claims and pieces of evidence of Base Sonic being faster than light. One example being Sonic and the Secret Rings, where he runs through multiple universes to get back to his own. That would put him at trillions of times the speed of light. So really, if he is FTL, what's the point of calling him "Sonic"?

Eh, a lot of the evidence is really vague, based on a cocky statement or "near light speed" being the statement, and interpretations by fans that are mostly used to support the FTL claims simply because they're instances of him being "very fast".

Most descriptions peg him at supersonic and hypersonic, with like, one or two manuals or guides saying lightspeed (and even then, has no one checked to see if it's a translation thing?), and even the games make special notice of the fact that he needs certain abilities to propel himself at lightspeed temporarily.

Every instance of FTL is contradicted by every other canon bits of information we know, and the very existence of "Light Speed Dash" or "Light Speed Attack" would not be needed or even treated as special as they are. His "Boost" and the ability in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals are explained as "propelling him forward at supersonic speeds" acting as a bullet that pierces through the Badniks in his way.

Super Sonic, meanwhile, is stated as "near light speed" and this is supported by him reaching the moon in seconds in Advance, I think it was? That requires subluminal, or relativistic speeds.

If anything, he can reach light speed for short moments in the games and it isn't super casual, but Super Sonic would likely actually be the form that pushes him above it.