Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Do you think Rouge and Knuckles' "unspoken connection" will get more development in future games? Or maybe Rouge's apparent crush?

10 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Do you think Rouge and Knuckles' "unspoken connection" will get more development in future games? Or maybe Rouge's apparent crush?

Knuckles or by some miracle Rouge ever get big focus again, yeah maybe.

Rouge doesn't really have a canonical crush, that was just stated by Sonic Central which was way off base in a lot of things (like Fang still being part of the cast). 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Rouge doesn't really have a canonical crush, that was just stated by Sonic Central which was way off base in a lot of things (like Fang still being part of the cast). 

I really, REALLY wish I could see Sonic Central again. Even back when I was a tot, looking at that site, I knew they were off base with Fang because he clearly wasn't around.

I also REALLY want to see those old Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 06 sites again. The layouts are still fresh in my mind but they had some interesting info on them that I can't see anymore.

As well as some weird descriptions for the characters. I remember Amy's profile in Shadow the Hedgehog saying that "this girl knows what's hot and what's not" like she's the goddamn Archie version of Honey the Cat. 

People say the internet is forever but apparently not the old internet. 

• Promotion 1

-No , just no .

I don't want any romance between Knuckles and Rouge .

Knuckles getting character development , yes .

Rouge getting characters development , yes .

The difference Knuckles is more likely to get that and more spot light , due his popularity and being memorable since classic era .  Rouge on the other hand , gonna require miracle to get major role and do a huge achievement .

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Were the information they said approved from Sega themselves , cuz I never visit the website .

Edited by Gumbit

Either way, there's an "unspoken connection" between the two, and Rivals 2 clearly shows Knuckles being flustered and distracted too easily by her flirting with him (she call hs "dashing and daring" of which the former is clearly talking about him being attractive.

Granted, this is the last time we've seen them paired up and both playable to boot, last I'm aware. But there's always been that little banter between them.

I'd just like to see more of it. It's like a batman and catwoman thing.

Also, almost all of the Sonic gals are popular sans Cream. Blaze, Rouge, and Amy all have their fans and she, along with Blaze and Silver, are typically used for the more fanservice-y titles. She's only missed out on a few games compared to those others, although Vector seems to be gaining more traction as of late, especially his presence in the Mario and Sonic games (though I can honestly see it being because Rouge is a bit promiscuous compared to the other girls and would likely boost the ratings with the alt costumes they give the girls for some events).

Here's one that's more aimed at the fanbase than the franchise itself, but how come when it comes to Sonic this happens?

A need for a sense of urgency balanced with levity escalates rapidly to serious versus comedy, edgy versus childish, dark versus light,  grim dark versus it's for toddlers, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG RUINED EVERYTHING!

I haven't seen it happen for a while fortunately but I'm just kind of curious what causes that to happen when talking about this franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Here's one that's more aimed at the fanbase than the franchise itself, but how come when it comes to Sonic this happens?

A need for a sense of urgency balanced with levity escalates rapidly to serious versus comedy, edgy versus childish, dark versus light,  grim dark versus it's for toddlers, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG RUINED EVERYTHING!

I haven't seen it happen for a while fortunately but I'm just kind of curious what causes that to happen when talking about this franchise.

...What's the question now?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

...What's the question now?

Sorry, I forgot to clearly ask how come when one asks for a sense of urgency balanced with some levity that it escalates as an argument in a fashion similar to my example.

22 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Sorry, I forgot to clearly ask how come when one asks for a sense of urgency balanced with some levity that it escalates as an argument in a fashion similar to my example.

Okay. It was kinda of an extended sentence that ended with an exclamation, so I wasn't sure where the question was at first glance.

Because a surprising number of people tend to think 2 dimensionally and/or in absolutes. "Everything must be one way or another to be solid," that sort of thing.

There are numerous claims and pieces of evidence of Base Sonic being faster than light. One example being Sonic and the Secret Rings, where he runs through multiple universes to get back to his own. That would put him at trillions of times the speed of light. So really, if he is FTL, what's the point of calling him "Sonic"?

Eh, a lot of the evidence is really vague, based on a cocky statement or "near light speed" being the statement, and interpretations by fans that are mostly used to support the FTL claims simply because they're instances of him being "very fast".

Most descriptions peg him at supersonic and hypersonic, with like, one or two manuals or guides saying lightspeed (and even then, has no one checked to see if it's a translation thing?), and even the games make special notice of the fact that he needs certain abilities to propel himself at lightspeed temporarily.

Every instance of FTL is contradicted by every other canon bits of information we know, and the very existence of "Light Speed Dash" or "Light Speed Attack" would not be needed or even treated as special as they are. His "Boost" and the ability in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals are explained as "propelling him forward at supersonic speeds" acting as a bullet that pierces through the Badniks in his way.

Super Sonic, meanwhile, is stated as "near light speed" and this is supported by him reaching the moon in seconds in Advance, I think it was? That requires subluminal, or relativistic speeds.

If anything, he can reach light speed for short moments in the games and it isn't super casual, but Super Sonic would likely actually be the form that pushes him above it.

What's the point of calling him "Knuckles" if he's actually a whole person? All evidence points to his knuckles only making up part of his body.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

So really, if he is FTL, what's the point of calling him "Sonic"?

Because it's his name?

3 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

There are numerous claims and pieces of evidence of Base Sonic being faster than light. One example being Sonic and the Secret Rings, where he runs through multiple universes to get back to his own. That would put him at trillions of times the speed of light. So really, if he is FTL, what's the point of calling him "Sonic"?

Because fast.

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

What's the point of calling him "Knuckles" if he's actually a whole person? All evidence points to his knuckles only making up part of his body.

Because it's the name of the tribe he descends from. Ergo, he probably saw it on a mural and liked it.

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Because it's the name of the tribe he descends from. Ergo, he probably saw it on a mural and liked it.

If someone called Blue Blood on SSMB posed an obviously rhetorical and sarcastic question, why did you try to  come up with actual answer? Especially since you already hit the nail dead on the head with regards to Sonic's name.

Sonic: because fast

Tails: because tails

Knuckles: because knuckles

Amy: because girl

Shadow: because black

The list goes on...Headcanon might be fun, but with this series being what it is, you've basically just got to take things at face value.

14 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

If someone called Blue Blood on SSMB posed an obviously rhetorical and sarcastic question, why did you try to  come up with actual answer? Especially since you already hit the nail dead on the head with regards to Sonic's name.

Because joke.

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

If he's supposed to be able to run faster than the speed of light at this point (which I doubt, and I really hope isn't the case, as it's dumb as fuck), then it's because of massive power creep. Sonic started out at more of a Road Runner/Speedy Gonzales kind of level, superhumanly fast but not "casually destroy the laws of physics" fast. But between exaggeration for the sake of jokes, the need to constantly one-up itself, and fanboy overhyping, he's apparently now got to be the fastest fast guy who ever did a fast instead of operating on a sane and reasonable power scale.

Also what part of SatSR has him running across multiple universes in a way that implies FTL travel? He's inside of a book, because of a genie. How do you even begin to measure that sort of thing?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Eh, a lot of the evidence is really vague, based on a cocky statement or "near light speed" being the statement, and interpretations by fans that are mostly used to support the FTL claims simply because they're instances of him being "very fast".

Most descriptions peg him at supersonic and hypersonic, with like, one or two manuals or guides saying lightspeed (and even then, has no one checked to see if it's a translation thing?), and even the games make special notice of the fact that he needs certain abilities to propel himself at lightspeed temporarily.

Every instance of FTL is contradicted by every other canon bits of information we know, and the very existence of "Light Speed Dash" or "Light Speed Attack" would not be needed or even treated as special as they are. His "Boost" and the ability in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals are explained as "propelling him forward at supersonic speeds" acting as a bullet that pierces through the Badniks in his way.

Super Sonic, meanwhile, is stated as "near light speed" and this is supported by him reaching the moon in seconds in Advance, I think it was? That requires subluminal, or relativistic speeds.

If anything, he can reach light speed for short moments in the games and it isn't super casual, but Super Sonic would likely actually be the form that pushes him above it.

Makes sense.

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Also what part of SatSR has him running across multiple universes in a way that implies FTL travel? He's inside of a book, because of a genie. How do you even begin to measure that sort of thing?

I'm just going by what was stated. We don't know the size of these "universes".

8 hours ago, Diogenes said:

If he's supposed to be able to run faster than the speed of light at this point (which I doubt, and I really hope isn't the case, as it's dumb as fuck), then it's because of massive power creep. Sonic started out at more of a Road Runner/Speedy Gonzales kind of level, superhumanly fast but not "casually destroy the laws of physics" fast. But between exaggeration for the sake of jokes, the need to constantly one-up itself, and fanboy overhyping, he's apparently now got to be the fastest fast guy who ever did a fast instead of operating on a sane and reasonable power scale.

The ending, IIRC. He apparently travels through the multiple storybook worlds or something before somehow popping out of the book due to his speed? It's probably not meant to be a serious feat as it makes no sense and he's never traveled between dimensions by pure running speed before, if I remember right.

And yeah, we still don't even actually know the lengths he traveled or how he managed to somehow run in space since that's implied?