Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

I’m still wondering how I’m supposed to take Generations plot, because Forces makes it clear it wasn’t just a non canon anniversary title. Exactly what is Blazes origin, and why can she remember the events of 06, and does Silver also remember 06? And also, how did Eggman escape the white space? I mean he explains what he did post-colors after his defeat there, so I was hoping the next mainline game would explain in a similar fashion what happened here. 

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

I’m still wondering how I’m supposed to take Generations plot, because Forces makes it clear it wasn’t just a non canon anniversary title. Exactly what is Blazes origin, and why can she remember the events of 06, and does Silver also remember 06? And also, how did Eggman escape the white space? I mean he explains what he did post-colors after his defeat there, so I was hoping the next mainline game would explain in a similar fashion what happened here. 

1. Generations happened
  2. She's from the Sol dimension.
  3. (1&2)Because timeline shenanigans.
  4. Probably, but I'd assume not.
  5. They either found the apparent door or Orbot & Cubot got them out.

Because the Timeeater, like Solaris, was ripping up the timeline and leaving various pieces to awkwardly connect, they ended up crossing up somehow and thus Crisis City still existed in some [further] corrupt form, not to mention it would've logically split off Classic into what could considered an alternate dimension.

The simple answer to that question is they ripped characters from specific points in time and different timelines

How did they manage to reach let alone host races on Planet Wisp in Team Sonic Racing.

Not only did they get the racers all the way out there, but they built racetracks that are somehow magically populated by spectators. What? How?

54 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

How did they manage to reach let alone host races on Planet Wisp in Team Sonic Racing.

Not only did they get the racers all the way out there, but they built racetracks that are somehow magically populated by spectators. What? How?

Relatively sure that's gonna get some sort of explanation. Or a sort.

9 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Relatively sure that's gonna get some sort of explanation. Or a sort.

You expect more from the story mode then I do then.

I mean, Starlight Carnival already got made into a racetrack way back in transformed. So whatever technology that was used to transport the racers to planet wisp probably wasn’t that different to whatever was used for that.

49 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I mean, Starlight Carnival already got made into a racetrack way back in transformed. So whatever technology that was used to transport the racers to planet wisp probably wasn’t that different to whatever was used for that.

But is Transformed even canon?

On 4/9/2019 at 4:31 AM, KHCast said:

The world tour mode in Transformed wasn't a story mode though. It didn't have to explain any of that because it didn't make any space to address that.

In TSR, there is supposedly a legit adventure mode, with character dialog and an Eccentric Billionaire who organized the whole shindig. Now there is a face to put with all these kart courses, and it becomes an issue as to how they are able to pull this off off-world.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:04 PM, Sonic Fan J said:

Moving on to the topic, why did the Sonic 2 team choose a character to allow for a second player to play at the same time who doesn't naturally fit the gameplay of the time? Instead they forced their design to fit the gameplay rather than coming up with a design that fit the gameplay naturally. I know people love Tails, but when I look at the problems and divisions that the franchise and fanbase suffered from I can actually understand why some blame him as starting everything wrong with the gameplay and additional playable characters as his ability to fly was independent and demanded different rules from what the gameplay was built as and that Sonic was designed to fit into no less. Tails opened the way for countless other characters to ignore the design philosophy of Sonic himself as well as raising fan expectations of every character having their own unique gameplay (it should be noted that even though Knuckles debuted and was playable at the same time as Tails' flight was introduced to the player that Knuckles himself played identically to Sonic until Sonic and Knuckles released and made him different with not even his gliding or climbing appearing at any point in Sonic 3). So again I wonder, why did they design outside of the gameplay and force the design into the gameplay instead of the other way around?

To piggyback on Wraith's answer... Tails was already a gameplay clone of Sonic in S2. The player couldn't even make him fly. The gameplay divergence is unrelated to his flying tails, and you can see this by comparing Tails in SA1 (plays like Sonic, but flies with his tails) to Tails in SA2 (doesn't play like Sonic, and also doesn't fly with his tails).

Imagine if SEGA had given us "Larry the Porcupine" instead of a two-tailed fox. Larry would still have followed Sonic in the stages (using some non-flight mechanic to catch up). Larry would've also flown Sonic's biplane in the final game levels. And, most likely, we'd probably end up with a Modern Larry who flew planes, worked on inventions, gave exposition, and didn't fight as much - similar to Modern Tails.

RE: S3&K AND THE SUPER EMERALDS

Honestly, you have to understand the Japanese manuals, the Western manuals, and in-game events as entirely different versions of the story. The Japanese manual and the in-game cutscenes are NOT friends with each other.

The manuals show a world where the Emeralds start on the island, and Sonic has no Emeralds. The game itself shows a world where Sonic has the Emeralds, and Knuckles reclaims them.

If you treat the S2 and S3 Chaos Emeralds as different sets, then what happened to the S2 Emeralds after Knuckles stole them from Sonic? Did he toss them in a garbage can, to be forgotten for eternity?

A large part of me doesn't seem to have too much of an interest in unanswered questions within the actual narrative. I've found that most of my questions are relegated to the real-world, behind the scenes stuff. I desperately want to know the answer to a lot of questions pertaining to how the people in charge of overseeing the series view their actions and why they do what they do. I really want to know everything about what goes on over there, so bad.

I want to know the real reason why they're so stingy when it comes to utilizing the characters, even in things where the point is to play as a roster of characters. For so long I've been left to just assume it's because they're afraid of a Sonic 06 repeat but after so long maybe it's morphed into something that's just routine. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Why do all these decisions to change the story and the set-up happen so haphazardly? Why wait so long to tell us something that was apparently the situation the whole time but then continue to not put that in the narrative? I know they have to care about the story somewhat because they keep messing with the details of it, like a child who keeps erasing and re-writing things for a school project that was already submitted to a teacher.

What exactly was going on during all the time between Lost World and Forces?

What's keeping the really outdated look of the character models around?

What's their opinion the characters?

IS there a plan?

How comfortable are you guys with Modern Sonic, really? 

These are all things I can speculate on and they probably have easy enough answers floating around but I just want to know them. I need so much about the behind the scenes situation confirmed. I didn't even ask all the questions I have because so much is floating around in my head.

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently, there's a profile that hints that Zomom eating habits may tie in to some power he has. Is there any verification to that?

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Burger_King?file=Burger_King_Sonic_R_2.jpg

Does anyone recognise the robot in the lower right? The one in the lower left is Cluck from the DiC Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon, so I imagine this is also from one of the cartoons.

EDIT: I've found a screenshot of it: https://66.media.tumblr.com/b4b793d553de437732f72c62ee006383/tumblr_inline_pn5g6tHx2R1rupio6_500.png

The walker robot in the lower left. Does it have a name? Does anyone know which episode(s) it appears in?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Are there any notable mobian characters that don't have the general muzzle?

Non-mammals like Vector and Espio. But I guess even Charmy has that muzzle. Huh.

17 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

Non-mammals like Vector and Espio. But I guess even Charmy has that muzzle. Huh.

Espio does as well.

Vector might be the closest to an exception, if only partially.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Can someone explain what the heck this is?

tumblr_inline_otcwmad8y01t5bt62_540.png

That's a Hunger Games simulator. Put random character names and pics to simulate the Hunger Games.

Do you believe Jet, Storm, or at the very least Wave can naturally fly? 

I don’t believe anything of the sort has ever been implied. Though being birds and supposed wind masters you’d think they might be able to.

1 hour ago, Strong Guy said:

Do you believe Jet, Storm, or at the very least Wave can naturally fly? 

I don’t believe anything of the sort has ever been implied. Though being birds and supposed wind masters you’d think they might be able to.

I would assume Wave and maybe Storm are technically capable of doing it if they tried to.

With that said, I do think it would be a really interesting touch if it turned out at least Jet can't.

Re: The Sonic 3 discussion a few pages back, the way I rationalize it is this: The scene from the Japanese manual where the Emeralds disappear from the altar takes place prior to Sonic 2. They had transferred from South Island/somewhere else back to Angel Island, but then disappeared to West Side for some reason unbeknownst to Knuckles, who was unconscious for the duration of that game. Then when Eggman arrives on the Death Egg he tells Knuckles about Sonic and Tails, Knuckles steals the Emeralds from Sonic who still had them from 2, Knuckles hides them in the special stages, etc. Since Angel Island and West Side's backstory are identical, I think Angel Island was originally a part of West Side before the gods separated it and sent it into the sky.

But yeah, I've been delving into the early Sonic lore and one of the things I immediately wondered was whether or not there are multiple sets of Emeralds. It would be nice if there could be a set local to South Island and then a separate Angel/West Side set, but maybe it's cleaner if there's just one. I think they should have stuck with Sega America's original backstory of Robotnik having six Emeralds in his machine to defeat evil and trying to find a seventh gray Emerald. Sonic 1 should have had all colored Emeralds instead of the white/gray one and then the gray one should have debuted in Sonic 2. Also, I've read that Princess Elise had a Chaos Emerald when she was a child? Possible she lost it while vacationing on West Side and that's what drew the other six Emeralds there?

Since South Island supposedly floats along the ocean and distorts its location, my theory is that some locations on Mobius act as "magnets" to the Chaos Emeralds, and whenever South Island passes by, the Emeralds are drawn there. This can explain why the Emeralds show up randomly on Cocoa Island, Mt. Mobius, West Side, etc. And then when someone reunites them and uses their power, they return to South Island. It's kind of problematic though because in Sonic Chaos, South Island begins to sink into the ocean when the Chaos Emeralds disappear, so why wouldn't it do that every time? Well, we're told that Robotnik has his hands on the red Emerald, causing the others to go out of balance. Perhaps when this happens, it can wreak havoc on the location where the Emeralds are, but when they travel peacefully as a group, they do not disturb the terrain like this.

Also, I prefer to place a long gap between Sonic meeting Tails and the events of Sonic 2. There are just way too many games that have Sonic and Tails together but don't reference the Death Egg saga or Knuckles at all and have very primitive plots compared to a floating battle station in space. Plus I like to follow the robot Sonic continuity from the most primitive one to the most advanced. Silver Sonic from Sonic 2 Game Gear, Robo Sonic from Sonic 2 Genesis, Mecha Sonic, and finally Metal Sonic (this is why I put CD after Death Egg.)

3 hours ago, Tiptup Jr. said:

Re: The Sonic 3 discussion a few pages back, the way I rationalize it is this: The scene from the Japanese manual where the Emeralds disappear from the altar takes place prior to Sonic 2. They had transferred from South Island/somewhere else back to Angel Island, but then disappeared to West Side for some reason unbeknownst to Knuckles, who was unconscious for the duration of that game. Then when Eggman arrives on the Death Egg he tells Knuckles about Sonic and Tails, Knuckles steals the Emeralds from Sonic who still had them from 2, Knuckles hides them in the special stages, etc. Since Angel Island and West Side's backstory are identical, I think Angel Island was originally a part of West Side before the gods separated it and sent it into the sky.

But yeah, I've been delving into the early Sonic lore and one of the things I immediately wondered was whether or not there are multiple sets of Emeralds. It would be nice if there could be a set local to South Island and then a separate Angel/West Side set, but maybe it's cleaner if there's just one. I think they should have stuck with Sega America's original backstory of Robotnik having six Emeralds in his machine to defeat evil and trying to find a seventh gray Emerald. Sonic 1 should have had all colored Emeralds instead of the white/gray one and then the gray one should have debuted in Sonic 2. Also, I've read that Princess Elise had a Chaos Emerald when she was a child? Possible she lost it while vacationing on West Side and that's what drew the other six Emeralds there?

Since South Island supposedly floats along the ocean and distorts its location, my theory is that some locations on Mobius act as "magnets" to the Chaos Emeralds, and whenever South Island passes by, the Emeralds are drawn there. This can explain why the Emeralds show up randomly on Cocoa Island, Mt. Mobius, West Side, etc. And then when someone reunites them and uses their power, they return to South Island. It's kind of problematic though because in Sonic Chaos, South Island begins to sink into the ocean when the Chaos Emeralds disappear, so why wouldn't it do that every time? Well, we're told that Robotnik has his hands on the red Emerald, causing the others to go out of balance. Perhaps when this happens, it can wreak havoc on the location where the Emeralds are, but when they travel peacefully as a group, they do not disturb the terrain like this.

Also, I prefer to place a long gap between Sonic meeting Tails and the events of Sonic 2. There are just way too many games that have Sonic and Tails together but don't reference the Death Egg saga or Knuckles at all and have very primitive plots compared to a floating battle station in space. Plus I like to follow the robot Sonic continuity from the most primitive one to the most advanced. Silver Sonic from Sonic 2 Game Gear, Robo Sonic from Sonic 2 Genesis, Mecha Sonic, and finally Metal Sonic (this is why I put CD after Death Egg.)

Ya know, in Sonic Chronicles, Mystic Ruins seems to be part of Westside Island, too.