Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

On 5/9/2019 at 10:34 AM, Tiptup Jr. said:

Plus I like to follow the robot Sonic continuity from the most primitive one to the most advanced. Silver Sonic from Sonic 2 Game Gear, Robo Sonic from Sonic 2 Genesis, Mecha Sonic, and finally Metal Sonic (this is why I put CD after Death Egg.)

I wouldn't necessarily place game order on Sonic-robot advancement.

1) Technology doesn't always go straight forward. Maybe Metal Sonic is like a flip phone... temporarily phased out, but clearly superior to later styles.

2) Or, you might be underestimating Mecha Sonic. That machine could pilot eggmobiles, and it had a super form. Metal Sonic in Sonic CD was designed to beat Sonic in a race - we never even saw if it could spinattack until later games.

3) All of those robot Sonics might be the same A.I. transferred to new bodies. I like to think this. It gives Metal Sonic more of a classic era resume.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was Silver originally intended to be Shadow & Rouge's future child in 06? Or Sonic & Amy's?

I don't think Sonic Team considers him the future child of either character nowadays given all the changes in the series since then, (and how he seems pretty chummy with Sonic now) but I think the original intention of his character when he debuted in 06 was to hint at him possibly being Sonic or Shadow's future son, but they wanted to leave it ambigous, without blatantly telling the player. 

Or maybe I'm just crazy and looking way too deep into things.

Something I wonder is if when Sonic Team redesigned classic era characters (Eggman, Amy, Chaotix), were there concept sketches with alternate design before settling with the final ones used for the modern era?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Was Silver originally intended to be Shadow & Rouge's future child in 06? Or Sonic & Amy's?

I don't think Sonic Team considers him the future child of either character nowadays given all the changes in the series since then, (and how he seems pretty chummy with Sonic now) but I think the original intention of his character when he debuted in 06 was to hint at him possibly being Sonic or Shadow's future son, but they wanted to leave it ambigous, without blatantly telling the player. 

Or maybe I'm just crazy and looking way too deep into things.

Silver's time is like 200 years ahead of Sonic's so if he's anyone's descendant he's further removed than parent and child. But I don't think there's been any evidence that he's related to anyone important anyway.

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Silver's time is like 200 years ahead of Sonic's so if he's anyone's descendant he's further removed than parent and child. But I don't think there's been any evidence that he's related to anyone important anyway.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought Silver's timeline was somewhere 20-30 years in the future.

37 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Welll, there's Shadow's immortality.

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Welll, there's Shadow's immortality.

Eh, fair. But he's supposed to be crucified in cyberjail in '06's future so I'm gonna say he never had the time to do the nasty.

10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Eh, fair. But he's supposed to be crucified in cyberjail in '06's future so I'm gonna say he never had the time to do the nasty.

Yeah, that nails a coffin in that theory if he was locked up shortly after Iblis was released.

Okay,  so I was doing some research into Sonic Team's production of the games before Forces and discovered something: Lost World, which was said to be written by Ken Pontac and Warren Graff, also lists a Harumasa Nakajima for the story on the wiki. Who is he and what would he have done for the story? 

This applies to Colors as well, which cites Yasushi Otake. 

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Okay,  so I was doing some research into Sonic Team's production of the games before Forces and discovered something: Lost World, which was said to be written by Ken Pontac and Warren Graff, also lists a Harumasa Nakajima for the story on the wiki. Who is he and what would he have done for the story? 

This applies to Colors as well, which cites Yasushi Otake. 

The Japanese versions.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Razule said:

The Japanese versions.

Hm...I suppose that makes sense. 

Unfortunately, I also looked into Generations afterwards and discovered that they apparently did the whole kit and kaboodle there. 

So...what the fuck? 

What do people think of Void? With a lot of opinions being tossed around regarding different characters, stories, and styles, he's one of the few things that tends to be omitted.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, DabigRG said:

Was Tails familiar with Professor Pickle before Unleashed or did he just recently meet him?

This isn't really unanswered. It's all but out-right started that Tails and Pickle are friends or acquaintances in Unleashed. Tails specifically has the line "it's good to see you haven't changed", and Pickle obviously recognises Tails when he goes on a rant about cucumber sandwiches. This is all in Pickle's first scene. The two know each other, and as a result Tails is right in thinking that he'll be very well-informed about the state of affairs.

Is something that I really appreciated in the game actually. Pickle could easily have been an unknown character to Tails that they just happened to rescue on their search for Eggman and answers. But that teeny tiny bit of world building makes so much sense and feels natural. Of course Tails is going to know who Professor Pickle is; and I how that he gets another appearance or Kenyon in the future. He was a fun character and felt like he served a purpose.

With Team Sonic Racing's setup, I just thought of something: Do you think they intended to have Vector be playable in Rivals 2 at one point?

• Thumbs Up 1

How exactly did Zavok survive his lava bath? Even if he didn’t melt, there’s still convection and poisonous smoke to worry about. 

13 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

How exactly did Zavok survive his lava bath? Even if he didn’t melt, there’s still convection and poisonous smoke to worry about. 

He's a fire-spitting demon.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Considering Eggman built the base there in the first place....

He probably shrank midfall and avoided sinking in, though.

Based on some clips I saw in reviews by NIcktendo and/or Robobuddies, is it weird to get the vibe that Chris may have had some form of depression?

Don't think that's a weird read at all. I get the feeling that's what they were going for, but that doesn't change the fact they didn't handle it very well. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I think it is a valid read of it. Personally, I think they should of just had one of the parents be dead and the other one absent, and have Chris still reeling off losing one parent. It just felt a bit silly having Chris being sad when he was in a mega rich family and both his parents being absent half the time but still both clearly loving him.

Not to say depression isn't possible under those circumstances, but you need very good writing to pull of that kind of subtlety, and I don't think the Sonic X writers had that. (Although mind you, if they did kill a parent off, good chance 4Kids would of censored that, with them either on a permanent vacaction, divorced, or currently exiled in the Shadow Realm.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

archie2.png?w=402&h=259

Who is that supposed to be near the bottom left?

It's Dimitri, in his machine body.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

It's Dimitri, in his machine body.

Okay, now the one near the bottom left.