Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Why did Eggman ditch Orbot an Cubot in Generations?

Why didn't a stage from secret rings show up in generations despite secret rings being featured in the "through the ages" preview?

Why didn't Modern Metal Sonic show up in Generations?

Ugh, as much as I love Generations, there were just so many missed opportunities.

Why didn't a stage from secret rings show up in generations despite secret rings being featured in the "through the ages" preview?

Because the preview wasn't reflective of the content of Generations fully? The trailer was likely made by people completely unrelated to the game developers.

Does Blaze use a litter box?

Where the hell did this come from? Why would you even ask this? Why would the answer be anything other than "no"? It's kind of obvious, becuase I don't think any character in any Sonic game has ever used a toilet (or litter box or whatever).

I mean I've seen you say some silly stuff in my time here but this quite possibly takes the cake.

I've got a good question:

Was this intentional or what, Sega?:

Sonic3DBlastTitleComparison.gif

Really, did they do this as a joke? Because they did it in the Saturn prototype, too:

sonic3dsaturnlazyeyecq5.png

Edited by a person
  • Thumbs Up 4

Where the hell did this come from? Why would you even ask this? Why would the answer be anything other than "no"? It's kind of obvious, becuase I don't think any character in any Sonic game has ever used a toilet (or litter box or whatever).

I mean I've seen you say some silly stuff in my time here but this quite possibly takes the cake.

His Blaze fetish has been steadily going from mildly funny/stupid to plain bizarre and creepy; What were you expecting?

Can charmy produce honey?

Well he CAN make flowers open up just by touching them, so maybe...not an expert on bee's though.....

Charmy probably can, but he doesn't live in a bee hive and bring back what ever bees need to make honey there for a queen bee.

Why did Eggman ditch Orbot an Cubot in Generations?

Why didn't Modern Metal Sonic show up in Generations?

1. They weren't needed.

2. Because the stages were chosen by the public through a poll, a stage from that game wasn't popular enough or 'memorable'.

3. Because Modern Metal Sonic's design has barely changed at all.

Honey is bee vomit, sooooo yes? If you make him sick after he eats nectar, I guess.

His Blaze fetish has been steadily going from mildly funny/stupid to plain bizarre and creepy; What were you expecting?

Im pretty sure that at this point, miru is pretty much just rollin' an' trollin'.

Chemical_Plant.png

I've been playing Sonic 2 for a good 16 years now and only now has it come to my attention that the automatic tube transporters in Chemical Plant Zone have more than one exit that will make you end up taking completely different paths through the level. There is at least one of these in each Act but it's the one in Act2, the very first one you encounter, that I decided to investigate because one exit lead to a star post and and the special stage whereas the other did not.

Firstly, there is a light a little way beneath the entrance that changes color from red to green and purple so I jumped in when different colors were showing but the outcomes seemed fairly random, so instead I tried jumping in at certain times on the clock and I finally got the results I was looking for! It seems that in order to reach the preferred path with the extra rings and the star post I needed to break the block and enter the tube with 0:19, 0:39, 0:59, 1:19 etc showing on the time counter and even a slight deviation from this would make me just end up on the other path with no Special Stage entrance!

Anyway, this seems overly complicated and too finely detailed and I am sure there is a much simpler explanation which hopefully someone here can reveal.

Edited by neezTRANSFORMED

What happened to Fang?

He changed his name to Nack and went on the lamb with Bean and Bark after their failed attempt to gather the remaining chaos emeralds for Robotnik.

Fang is dead. He was always dead. SEGA just made a robot that looked like him, trying to keep it a secret.

Chemical_Plant.png

I've been playing Sonic 2 for a good 16 years now and only now has it come to my attention that the automatic tube transporters in Chemical Plant Zone have more than one exit that will make you end up taking completely different paths through the level. There is at least one of these in each Act but it's the one in Act2, the very first one you encounter, that I decided to investigate because one exit lead to a star post and and the special stage whereas the other did not.

Firstly, there is a light a little way beneath the entrance that changes color from red to green and purple so I jumped in when different colors were showing but the outcomes seemed fairly random, so instead I tried jumping in at certain times on the clock and I finally got the results I was looking for! It seems that in order to reach the preferred path with the extra rings and the star post I needed to break the block and enter the tube with 0:19, 0:39, 0:59, 1:19 etc showing on the time counter and even a slight deviation from this would make me just end up on the other path with no Special Stage entrance!

Anyway, this seems overly complicated and too finely detailed and I am sure there is a much simpler explanation which hopefully someone here can reveal.

I have no idea how the game decides whether you take the tube exit (in Chemical Plant Act 2) which leads to a few 10 rings boxes and a starpost, or the other tube exit which has only a few rings. It must be random.

I was looking at the Zone 0 guide of Chemical Plant. LiQuidshade's take on the tube in Act 2 is as follows:

There's a network of tubing all over the place which allows you to hop in from one spot, and come out in a whole other area of the act. These entrances usually have two different pipes going out of them, and which one you go through seems to be decided at random. That said, from what I've researched, Sonic usually goes through the same one for each occasion, and when playing Sonic 2 + Sonic & Knuckles, Knuckles invariably goes through the other, but Tails isn't quite so partial to either tube. Pretty strange. Sometimes both tubes lead to the same place, while other times they can take you to two completely alternate routes.

http://www.soniczone.../chemicalplant/

Interesting...

Perhaps you need to press up, down, left or right (on the d-pad) when Sonic is in the tubes, to get to the exit that you want.

Edited by NightwingKnux

Perhaps you need to press up, down, left or right (on the d-pad) when Sonic is in the tubes, to get to the exit that you want.

Bingo. That's how it works.

I was gonna post this as a reply to the original post, but then you brought up what I was gonna say.

So yeah, you're right. That's how it works.

His mustache is grey...

And he looks like a guy trying to prove he's still relevant by wearing the leather all the cool kids wear...