Jump to content
Person

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Recommended Posts

Back when Sonic Colors was being teased with tidbits, wasn't there supposed to be a plot point about Tails' speed?

2 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Rework Sticks the Badger into a guardian.

While Knuckles is gullible, Sticks is crazy-paranoid. I can see Robotnik fooling her in an S3 type scenario, fueling a conspiracy theory that Amy is after the Emeralds/Time Stones/Whatever.

Uh, not quite what I was getting at, but sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

'06 is enough of a mess as it is, I can't imagine bringing Nega into it would do any good.

It'd basically help further tie Blaze and Silver in, as well as make Eggman's plan feel a little more appropriate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about Charmy.

So the red (classic) and black (modern) spheres at the end of his arms...is that his shoulder?

gcxmjoz.pngfIPqNub.png

The reason I ask is that at least as far as the Classic series goes he's side by side with other characters with bizarre shoulder designs.

Espio with those doughnut shoulders and Vector with that huge socket.

ElSzuHC.jpg

 

So I look back at Classic Charmy and go "hm...so he's got, like, balls for shoulders I guess".

Modern Charmy has that orange jacket but he still has those spheres which could be sleeves...but look at Modern Vector:

latest?cb=20180821152934

He's not even wearing a shirt or anything. His weird shoulder design changed into another weird shoulder design but now it's the same as Charmy, which makes me think it's not apart of Charmy's jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

If Nega hates Eggman so much, why does he dress like Eggman, call himself Eggman Nega and act like Eggman on crack?

I always just figured that Nega simply envisioned himself as a "better" Eggman (even though he's not) hence why he still acts like Eggman, for the most part.

...Well, that and he's just insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

If Nega hates Eggman so much, why does he dress like Eggman, call himself Eggman Nega and act like Eggman on crack?

Because his first name is Eggman and his surname is Nega, his fashion choice is pure coincidence, and that's just his personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Sonic Lost World have a manual, possibly with bios? 

7 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

If Nega hates Eggman so much, why does he dress like Eggman, call himself Eggman Nega

That's just how he is/will be. 

7 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

act like Eggman on crack?

:lol: wut

3 hours ago, Razule said:

Because his first name is Eggman and his surname is Nega, his fashion choice is pure coincidence, and that's just his personality.

Pretty much. His introduction even has him sardonically point that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When/where was Vanilla's name established/confirmed?

.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:57 PM, Your Vest Friend said:

Again, loops around into a discussion that's not for this topic considering the difference between how fanworks tend to portray her and how she's presented in the games.

 

This is probably a big dig, but for the sake of curiousity, what are/were some of the differences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Eggman Nega, I know Eggman's real full name is "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" and Eggman is his nickname/codename. 

So... does that mean Eggman Nega is Eggman Nega's codename? Does he have an inverted family name?

Is he the non-comic version of Dr. Ovi Kintobor? 

What even IS he really? He's probably been lying about who he is this whole time. He might not be from another dimension or proof that Eggman will one day rock the boat with a lady friend. He might just be a space magician who saw a photo of Eggman and tried to disguise himself like him but his disguises invert his coloring because he sucks at magic.

Or maybe he's Eggman's superform, given life and a personality. Sonic's coloring inverted is yellow right? So Eggman inverted is Eggman Nega!

Or maybe he's just an asshole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So  here's something I just thought about: How exactly was Eggman's Mind Control Laser supposed to work?

On 6/26/2019 at 8:29 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Speaking of Eggman Nega, I know Eggman's real full name is "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" and Eggman is his nickname/codename. 

So... does that mean Eggman Nega is Eggman Nega's codename? Does he have an inverted family name?

Is he the non-comic version of Dr. Ovi Kintobor? 

What even IS he really? He's probably been lying about who he is this whole time. He might not be from another dimension or proof that Eggman will one day rock the boat with a lady friend. He might just be a space magician who saw a photo of Eggman and tried to disguise himself like him but his disguises invert his coloring because he sucks at magic.

Or maybe he's Eggman's superform, given life and a personality. Sonic's coloring inverted is yellow right? So Eggman inverted is Eggman Nega!

Or maybe he's just an asshole.

He made it sound like it's his real name, or title as he put it. 

It's possible the family name simply changed and/or diverged over the next few millennia/centuries and he was legit named Eggman after the Destroyer himself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 12:54 AM, DabigRG said:

What became of Is and the Nocturnis? 

Because of the Twilight Cage's time dilation, they're still not much further on from where the end of the game left them; if their war with the other Twilight Cage denizens takes longer than a week of their time, they won't be seen for decades or even centuries in the real universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nestor said:

Because of the Twilight Cage's time dilation, they're still not much further on from where the end of the game left them; if their war with the other Twilight Cage denizens takes longer than a week of their time, they won't be seen for decades or even centuries in the real universe.

So they we're still alive and operating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So they we're still alive and operating?

The Nocturnus are alive, but they're currently locked in a war with the other Twilight Cage denizens, as per the last things we see of them in the game - until they resolve that conflict, they are unlikely to be able to turn their attention to more warp-belt incursions back into the real universe, and the longer the conflict takes, the less likely they are to return in any appreciable time frame due to the Twilight Cage's time dilation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GXEchidna on The Spindash podcast mentions that there were book adaptations of Sonic X's third season. Is this true?

20 hours ago, Nestor said:

The Nocturnus are alive, but they're currently locked in a war with the other Twilight Cage denizens, as per the last things we see of them in the game - until they resolve that conflict, they are unlikely to be able to turn their attention to more warp-belt incursions back into the real universe, and the longer the conflict takes, the less likely they are to return in any appreciable time frame due to the Twilight Cage's time dilation.

Okay, interesting.

I obviously never played it and didn't get far in the playthrough I started to watch years ago, so I was curious. Especially with SEGA's supposed attitude towards that stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Dr Starline's first name? I mean, I know by Sonic naming standards, most characters tend to just get one name, usually a first name, sometimes a last name, but I feel like a character like Starline needs a first name. Something smooth and fancy, like, I dunno, "Emmelio" or "Mercury" or "Lysander".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.