Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

3 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

What is Dr Starline's first name? I mean, I know by Sonic naming standards, most characters tend to just get one name, usually a first name, sometimes a last name, but I feel like a character like Starline needs a first name. Something smooth and fancy, like, I dunno, "Emmelio" or "Mercury" or "Lysander".

Lysandre Mercury Starline sounds okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

What characters would you describe as optimistic, cynical, realistic, something else entirely, or any combination/mediation there of?

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

What characters would you describe as optimistic, cynical, realistic, something else entirely, or any combination/mediation there of?

I'd say Sonic was optimistic, if purely of how self assured he is of himself and his friends. Sonic strikes me as the kindof guy who thinks that everything will eventually work out in the end.

Tails I would say is an optimist too, maybe not a huge one though. He still has some childish innocence in him, and has faith in Sonic to fix every problem.

Shadow is the obvious cynic considering his backstory.

Rouge is realistic I think, considering her amoral nature.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there a story to be told behind why Knuckles’ tribe has the Chaos Emeralds in their possession? Think about what Sonic or Eggman have to do to get the Emeralds. Is there a great hero of the Echidnas that gathered them together? At some point they were used in ages long ago to restore the earth from Dark Gaia. Those temples are scattered across the world!

Maybe the Emeralds are accessible through special stages. I want to know how the Knuckles clan got to be the guardians of the Emeralds. Is the hero Pachacamac? I think it could go deeper if you wanted it to.

I mean, Pachacamac explicitly did not have possession of them. That's what the flashbacks were all about, Pachy wanting to take them and use their power to expand their tribe's control and rallying his warriors to take the shrine by force. The echidnas might've had some closer connection to them before his time considering that incantation or whatever that Tikal learned from her grandma, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're responsible for the emeralds being there.

To be honest, it’s been a long time since I watched those cutscenes. Still, how did they arrive to some Mayan/Incan lands, when they were once scattered across the world? Unleashed expanded the history of the Chaos Emeralds with the Gaia Temples. We assumed they just started in the Mystic Ruins, but now it’s unanswered as to how they ever came to be there.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, Silvereyes said:

I'd say Sonic was optimistic, if purely of how self assured he is of himself and his friends. Sonic strikes me as the kindof guy who thinks that everything will eventually work out in the end.

Tails I would say is an optimist too, maybe not a huge one though. He still has some childish innocence in him, and has faith in Sonic to fix every problem.

Shadow is the obvious cynic considering his backstory.

Rouge is realistic I think, considering her amoral nature.

Hm, pretty good.

Shadow was definitely a cynic initially, though I'd argue he'd took on a less obvious optimistic approach after his game according to 06.

As for Rouge, while she can definitely see things as they are, you could also say she normally hovers around being apathetic.

54 minutes ago, Badnik Zero said:

Is there a story to be told behind why Knuckles’ tribe has the Chaos Emeralds in their possession? Think about what Sonic or Eggman have to do to get the Emeralds. Is there a great hero of the Echidnas that gathered them together? At some point they were used in ages long ago to restore the earth from Dark Gaia. Those temples are scattered across the world!

Maybe the Emeralds are accessible through special stages. I want to know how the Knuckles clan got to be the guardians of the Emeralds. Is the hero Pachacamac? I think it could go deeper if you wanted it to.

That is a good question.

I can only assume the Emeralds were always there in that particular area--Master Emerald Shrine included--when they originally took it over and then it became their's. Which could actually go along well with that and the idea that Chaos was mutated from exposure to the Emeralds.

Was Carnival Night Zone already on Angel Island before 3? There's no way Eggman built all that crap so fast. That's a whole city pretty much.

e25177b6a29fc9f7e83fb9b8040efa25334a9dd4

Also, do the 2-player stages also take place on Angel Island?

If so then that means there are like two different amusement parks on the island...or Balloon Park is a different section of Carnival Night.

FB1YYsv.jpg

• Fist Bump 1

18 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Was Carnival Night Zone already on Angel Island before 3? There's no way Eggman built all that crap so fast. That's a whole city pretty much.

If so then that means there are like two different amusement parks on the island...or Baloon Park is a different section of Carnival Night.

FB1YYsv.jpg

That's something I've wondered about myself.

Launch Base Zone and Red Mountain I can sorta understand, but Carnival Night is super egregious.

48 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That's something I've wondered about myself.

Launch Base Zone and Red Mountain I can sorta understand, but Carnival Night is super egregious.

Why Red Mountain?

I always thought that Eggman was just that good at building things. I could be wrong about that and I am no architect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, MainJP said:

There's no way Eggman built all that crap so fast. That's a whole city pretty much.

Eggman does seem to have a ludicrously fast construction capability; from multiple space stations, to the Egg Fleet, to Eggman Land, or his Interstellar Amusement Park (which involved terraforming multiple planetoids), Eggman has always seemed to churn out factories, bases and machines at an unfeasibly high rate.

One does wonder though why he would waste so many resources on an Amusement Park on an island no-one even knows exist - perhaps Eggman intended it to be Eggman Land once the Death Egg conquered the world?

20 hours ago, MainJP said:

If so then that means there are like two different amusement parks on the island...or Balloon Park is a different section of Carnival Night.

FB1YYsv.jpg

I think Carnival Night was one of the last things the civilization made before it vanished.

The echidnas went extinct because they were too busy building carnivals instead of farms.

• Chuckle 3

2 minutes ago, thumbs13 said:

Taylor Swift and Kanye at the VMAs. Not sure if theres a reason the characters were chosen or not, though.

Oh. Okay, I was wondering about that for years! 

On 7/28/2019 at 4:30 PM, Guergy said:

I always thought that Eggman was just that good at building things. I could be wrong about that and I am no architect. 

He might have. No source states it was Eggman's doing so I kinda wondered:

mjm85UO.png

"Carnival·Night"

"A zone like a park area that shines in the night sky."

kXDN7XM.png

You'd think that if it were an Eggman attraction that they'd mention it. As an example here's what the Japanese manual for 2 says about Chemical Plant for instance:

E1DZaRd.png

"Dr. Eggman's Chemical Factory. Run around the endlessly packed pavilion and run around in the various types." / the rest--

States right from the get go that it's Eggman's architecture.

The manuals do also state that Launch Base Zone is an Eggman construction site.

I just don't know if it's Eggman for sure because another thing to mention is that the Sonic 3 Japanese profile for Knuckles states that he has friends and that he's shy towards women...suggesting there are other people on the island besides Knuckles.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, Nestor said:

Eggman does seem to have a ludicrously fast construction capability; from multiple space stations, to the Egg Fleet, to Eggman Land, or his Interstellar Amusement Park (which involved terraforming multiple planetoids), Eggman has always seemed to churn out factories, bases and machines at an unfeasibly high rate.

One does wonder though why he would waste so many resources on an Amusement Park on an island no-one even knows exist - perhaps Eggman intended it to be Eggman Land once the Death Egg conquered the world?

If it IS his then that's definitely Ludicrous Speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

The participants in Ice Cap's balloon festival (Sonic Adventure) are probably the same as those who partake in Carnival Night (Sonic 3). I bet they're animal friends and flickies.

My headcanon is that Carnival Night inspired Eggman to have an amusement park obsession. We never saw a hint of Eggmanland before this.

2 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

The participants in Ice Cap's balloon festival (Sonic Adventure) are probably the same as those who partake in Carnival Night (Sonic 3). I bet they're animal friends and flickies.

My headcanon is that Carnival Night inspired Eggman to have an amusement park obsession. We never saw a hint of Eggmanland before this.

The balloon festival in Ice Cap is another good point. There are definitely other people on the Angel Island. I would lean more towards them being Sonic-type anthros rather than animal friends, with the way they're portrayed they don't strike me as being able to build large cities or towns.

2 hours ago, MainJP said:

The balloon festival in Ice Cap is another good point. There are definitely other people on the Angel Island. I would lean more towards them being Sonic-type anthros rather than animal friends, with the way they're portrayed they don't strike me as being able to build large cities or towns.

In early games and media, the two types were more or less inferred to be one and the same, with Sonic and company being larger for gameplay purposes and due to importance. This was de-emphasized over time, with Sonic Adventure sealing the deal by making the Sonic-types bigger and more anthro and the small animals less so.

2 hours ago, MainJP said:

Weren't the Mobini of Runners said to be living in some sort of village? 

5 hours ago, MainJP said:

Then riddle me this. Is it possible that any of the Knuckles Chaotix lived on Angel Island?

In Sonic the Fighters, Espio's stage was Mushroom Hill.

16 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

Then riddle me this. Is it possible that any of the Knuckles Chaotix lived on Angel Island?

In Sonic the Fighters, Espio's stage was Mushroom Hill.

Yeah, I couldn't help but wonder that for him as well.

It also helps that he was apparently conceived as an alternate protagonist for the game before they gave Knuckles top billing.