Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

They might have just designed her outfits with her standing up so it would be easier for other artists to see the whole thing + it's what they're used to

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Just delete everything starting with /revision/

Sonic_X_Concept_Art_03.jpg

So either she would have walked in a scrapped flashback or maybe she was going gain the ability to walk again?...somehow?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I do know that she was seen planting a garden with her parents during the Eggmoon Incident and one flashback in the Metarex Saga has her driving around with Chris. So she has some capability.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

They might have just designed her outfits with her standing up so it would be easier for other artists to see the whole thing + it's what they're used to

True.

Though that still doesn't account for why they didn't just use a render of her in the wheelchair for the eyecatch.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Though that still doesn't account for why they didn't just use a render of her in the wheelchair for the eyecatch.

This show was pretty hastily put together on the whole so that was probably just negligence. 

I could believe there was a point she was meant to walk at first but  I'm pretty glad they didn't go with that. As a disabled person myself Helen's episode left a pretty positive impression on me as a kid.

1 minute ago, MainJP said:

Is that Eggman? I can't tell since the image is so tiny.

I just realized what you were trying to say earlier.

SonicXConcept63.jpg

14 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This show was pretty hastily put together on the whole so that was probably just negligence. 

Yeah, probably.

14 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I could believe there was a point she was meant to walk at first but  I'm pretty glad they didn't go with that. As a disabled person myself Helen's episode left a pretty positive impression on me as a kid.

Oh? Well that's nice to know. 

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I just realized what you were trying to say earlier.

SonicXConcept63.jpg

I need to re-watch Sonic X one of these days because he looks familiar.

I was replaying Sonic Adventure and I guess these are 2 questions many already have asked themselves:

1st: Is that Tiny Angel Island (Which just have a minor ruin) the same one where all the actions from S3&K supposed happened?

2nd: How exactly the Chaos 4 battle happened? Did the lake really grow up 3 times it originally was? Also, does the character really walks on the water on that battle, or there's an invisible bottom? Also, aren't that water too much dense?

Maybe (Specially the first) are answered in the game, but after replaying it (This is my 3rd run), it didn't get clear for me (Maybe I forgot some details).

21 minutes ago, Solister said:

I was replaying Sonic Adventure and I guess these are 2 questions many already have asked themselves:

1st: Is that Tiny Angel Island (Which just have a minor ruin) the same one where all the actions from S3&K supposed happened?

What do you mean by that? You mean the area where the shrine is located? Everything after the wind tunnel in the Mystic Ruin is Angel Island. Ice Cap and Red Mountain are all on Angel Island. The island is just as large as it is in the CG cutscenes and Sonic 3&K.

2nd: How exactly the Chaos 4 battle happened? Did the lake really grow up 3 times it originally was? Also, does the character really walks on the water on that battle, or there's an invisible bottom? Also, aren't that water too much dense?

Either that's how the area is supposed to look and they couldn't have a huge kill area in the HUB world or it's just weird gameplay shenanigans. Probably just the latter.

Or they went to a completely different area to fight. 🤷‍♂️

The walking on water thing is just gameplay. You're overthinking that one.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, MainJP said:

What do you mean by that? You mean the area where the shrine is located? Everything after the wind tunnel in the Mystic Ruin is Angel Island. Ice Cap and Red Mountain are all on Angel Island. The island is just as large as it is in the CG cutscenes and Sonic 3&K.

Either that's how the area is supposed to look and they couldn't have a huge kill area in the HUB world or it's just weird gameplay shenanigans. Probably just the latter.

Or they went to a completely different area to fight. 🤷‍♂️

The walking on water thing is just gameplay. You're overthinking that one.

But what exactly is the logic that just by a tunnel you get in Angel Island? (To be fair, even knowing Ice Cap was a level on Sonic 3 (And playing it a lot of times) I never connected it was the same place (Angel Island) in both games). Because I was just thinking: Angel Island falls, a rock breaks in Mystic Ruins and reveals a tunnel. You walk in and then is took over by the wind (Which apparently still was inside the cave). Is here when you goes to Angel Island? The game never let this too clear for me, as I said, for 5 years I always wondered Angel Island was only that tiny shrine. (Wouldn't be that surprised assuming the "inconsistency" of the second point), which is ok from your reply, nothing to add.

6 minutes ago, Solister said:

But what exactly is the logic that just by a tunnel you get in Angel Island?

The wall the tunnel is in, is the side of Angel Island.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Solister said:

But what exactly is the logic that just by a tunnel you get in Angel Island? 

Because the area behind the wall is where Angel Island broke off when it ascended. It was a part of Mystic Ruin before then. 

11 minutes ago, Solister said:

(To be fair, even knowing Ice Cap was a level on Sonic 3 (And playing it a lot of times) I never connected it was the same place (Angel Island) in both games). Because I was just thinking: Angel Island falls, a rock breaks in Mystic Ruins and reveals a tunnel. You walk in and then is took over by the wind (Which apparently still was inside the cave). Is here when you goes to Angel Island? The game never let this too clear for me, as I said, for 5 years I always wondered Angel Island was only that tiny shrine. (Wouldn't be that surprised assuming the "inconsistency" of the second one), which is ok from your reply, nothing to add.

The Sonic Adventure website shows you which area is Angel Island.

http://sonic-adventure.com/map_mr_main.html

REkqV3K.png

Area B is all apart of Angel Island. It includes the Ice Cap and Red Mountain entrance as well as the tunnel leading out of Mystic Ruin.

latest?cb=20160720141711

• Thumbs Up 1

The NPC standing outside the tunnel to Angel Island straight up says "This mountain appeared out of nowhere.  Did it fall from the sky?"

18 minutes ago, Ivo-goji said:

The NPC standing outside the tunnel to Angel Island straight up says "This mountain appeared out of nowhere.  Did it fall from the sky?"

It fell through dimensions.

11 minutes ago, Razule said:

It fell through dimensions.

...Actually.

That's... a good question.

If there are "two worlds" as Sonic Team recently said - a human world and an animal world - how on earth did Angel Island land in the human-populated world it did? Did it fall off the animal planet, hurtle through space, and land in the human world?

Just now, Dr. Mechano said:

...Actually.

If there are "two worlds" as Sonic Team recently said - a human world and an animal world - how on earth did Angel Island land in the human-populated world it did? Did it fall off the animal planet, hurtle through space, and land in the human world?

The split didn't exist is the real answer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Mechano said:

...Actually.

It is a good question. There's just no good answer. Maybe there was an interdimensional portal (since those are apparently so common) that was right beneath it at the time.

Just now, Razule said:

It is a good question. There's just no good answer. Maybe there was an interdimensional portal (since those are apparently so common) that was right beneath it at the time.

Doesn't at all explain why it perfectly connects to Mystic Ruin or why the Knuckles clan lived in the Human world.

3 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Doesn't at all explain why it perfectly connects to Mystic Ruin or why the Knuckles clan lived in the Human world.

Well, we only saw them on Angel Island in the flashbacks to be fair.

What's more concerning is that people in Station Square actually reference the classic games. An NPC actually brings up the Little Planet incident, which means A.) The classic games still happened, and B.) They happened in such a way that humans saw and know about it - i.e. not far off in space and not in another dimension.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Well, we only saw them on Angel Island in the flashbacks to be fair.

What's more concerning is that people in Station Square actually reference the classic games. An NPC actually brings up the Little Planet incident, which means A.) The classic games still happened, and B.) They happened in such a way that humans saw and know about it.

The classic games happened in the modern dimension in some form. I don't even know know how someone in the animal world would know about it, only like 3 people were involved.

12 minutes ago, MainJP said:

It split from the human world's main land because of an interdimensional portal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Razule said:

The classic games happened in the modern dimension in some form. I don't know know how someone in the animal world would know about it, only like 3 people were involved.

Well, I think a literal planet swinging by might get some global attention to be fair, even if nobody else went up there to check out what was going on.

• Thumbs Up 1