Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

On 10/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, DabigRG said:

Except those were on the Lost Hex.

What humans?

Oh doggonit, I forgot about that thing!

Although Frog Forest is probably on Sonic's World anyway, so nevermind.

They were presumably the animals who bullied Tails and watched him invent the SpinDash.

1. Yeah, and they had stuck out because the other animals were REALLY weird, so these slightly off sheep in hindsight only enhance the craziness. 

2. Does Lucas ring a bell? Or Miss Saccharine?  But they were there.

5. There’s also a lot of official art of them acting civilized. Plus a Flicky was nearly a racer in Drift 1. 

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

1. Yeah, and th eh stuck out because the other animals were REALLY weird, so these slightly off sheep in hindsight only enhance the craziness. 

5. There’s also a lot of official art of them acting civilized. Plus a Flicky was nearly a racer in Drift 1. 

Mm...in hindsight, I suppose you have a point. Though those sheep noticeably rushed Sonic like pissed off rams half the time.

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

...Who? On the Lost Hex?

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Probably as a shoutout to the game Flicky.

45 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

They were presumably the animals who bullied Tails and watched him invent the SpinDash.

He didn't invent the Spin Dash. That's just more Western exclusive stuff that doesn't apply to the original Japanese canon.

10 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

What do you mean by "nearly a racer"?

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Mm...in hindsight, I suppose you have a point. Though those sheep noticeably rushed Sonic like pissed off rams half the time.

...Who? On the Lost Hex?

Actually, those humans were in AOSTH. 

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...Who? On the Lost Hex?

19 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Oh, so the guy Robotnik's crush married?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, so the guy Robotnik's crush married?

The humans in AoStH other than Robotnik are quite numerous actually:

First, we have Robotnik's extended family, obviously: Mama Robotnik, his cousin Warpnik, and his ancestors Robotnikus and Robotnikotep.

But then there were other humans outside of the Robotnik family: Professor von Schlemmer appeared to be a green-skinned human scientist and appeared in numerous episodes. There were also Lucinda and Lucas from "Best Hedgehog," and Katella the intergalactic huntress from "Zoobotnik," and a human wise old hermit from the same episode. Don't forget the notorious pirate Blackbeard himself in "Blackbot the Pirate." There was also Dr. Quark, but he seemed to be half-duck.

There were some other minor humans too, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Really, it's weird; All supplementary Sonic media at the time had humans other than Robotnik. SatAM had Snively and Lazaar the wizard, Archie had a whole bunch of humans/"overlanders", Fleetway had the Super Marxio Bros., etc. Even the early games had Witchcart and there's a humanoid angel statue in Sonic CD.

Really, I'm not sure where the "Sonic used to not have humans" idea came from, considering they appeared in both the games and all spinoff media in the early days.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

The humans in AoStH other than Robotnik are quite numerous actually:

First, we have Robotnik's extended family, obviously: Mama Robotnik, his cousin Warpnik, and his ancestors Robotnikus and Robotnikotep.

But then there were other humans outside of the Robotnik family: Professor von Schlemmer appeared to be a green-skinned human scientist and appeared in numerous episodes. There were also Lucinda and Lucas from "Best Hedgehog," and Katella the intergalactic huntress from "Zoobotnik," and a human wise old hermit from the same episode. Don't forget the notorious pirate Blackbeard himself in "Blackbot the Pirate." There was also Dr. Quark, but he seemed to be half-duck.

There were some other minor humans too, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Really, it's weird; All supplementary Sonic media at the time had humans other than Robotnik. SatAM had Snively and Lazaar the wizard, Archie had a whole bunch of humans/"overlanders", Fleetway had the Super Marxio Bros., etc. Even the early games had Witchcart and there's a humanoid angel statue in Sonic CD.

Really, I'm not sure where the "Sonic used to not have humans" idea came from, considering they appeared in both the games and all spinoff media in the early days.

Eh, I'm not sure I'd count Warpnik, Katella, Lazaar, or Witchcart, but I see what's goin on.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Eh, I'm not sure I'd count Warpnik, Katella, Lazaar, or Witchcart,

Your reason being?

4 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Your reason being?

I mean, Warpnik was Robotnik's cousin before being thrown into Fishy World or whatever, so I guess he technically counts.

However, the others are either magical beings of different origins or an alien.

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Eh, I'm not sure I'd count Warpnik, Katella, Lazaar, or Witchcart, but I see what's goin on.

I mean, Warpnik is Robotnik's cousin and should therefore be human just like Robotnik is.

I guess you could make an argument that the other three - being wizards and an alien - might not count as human, but I'm not sure I'd agree. Humans wielding magic is pretty common in media. Princess Elise has a seemingly-magical ability, in that she has an energy shield that prevents Sonic from sinking in quicksand, for whatever that's worth.

Either way, they all have human designs at least.

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

However, the others are either magical beings of different origins or an alien.

Still human in appearance. Witches are basically humans with magic.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I guess you could make an argument that the other three - being wizards and an alien - might not count as human, but I'm not sure I'd agree. Humans wielding magic is pretty common in media. Princess Elise has a seemingly-magical ability, in that she has an energy shield that prevents Sonic from sinking in quicksand, for whatever that's worth.

I mean, she has a clear background established regarding that.

Either way, they all have human designs at least.

Uh....

image.jpeg.f56491faee3e4961f9a8795e35daf712.jpegimage.jpeg.deb75c537e81239bee2cf2b0fcd62933.jpeg

image.jpeg.6fd55267e195c2dfab7b18a5b336380f.jpegimage.jpeg.1ea9bb67f622c92a1bd02ffb04f7fc7b.jpeg

Sure...?

(No, but for real tho, it's funny that the most straightforwardly human of those four is the one from outer space)

image.jpeg

Just now, DabigRG said:

I mean, she has a clear background established regarding that.

Uh....

image.jpeg.f56491faee3e4961f9a8795e35daf712.jpegimage.jpeg.deb75c537e81239bee2cf2b0fcd62933.jpeg

image.jpeg.6fd55267e195c2dfab7b18a5b336380f.jpegimage.jpeg.1ea9bb67f622c92a1bd02ffb04f7fc7b.jpeg

That last one's Wendy Naugus, Archie's version of Witchcart. Wendy Naugus was a troll and officially not human.

Tails Sky Patrol's Witchcart, meanwhile, looked more like this:

Witchcart-Tails-Skypatrol.png

And her in-game sprite:

WitchcartDarkcastle.png

I'd say she has more of a human appearance to me.

Lazaar just has a big pointy nose. I think he's recognizably human? Warpnik, admittedly, looks pretty weird - but he's related to Robotnik, so I guess he has to be human, right?

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

At least use Witchcarts SEGA design.

6GrbItQ.pnglatest?cb=20191002072336

I keep getting ninja'd.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Warpnik, admittedly, looks pretty weird - but he's related to Robotnik, so I guess he has to be human, right?

It helps that Robotnik himself looks odd for a human what with his bulbous red nose, cone shaped head and black sclera.

Edited by MainJP

6 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

That last one's Wendy Naugus, Archie's version of Witchcart. Wendy Naugus was a troll and officially not human.

Tails Sky Patrol's Witchcart, meanwhile, looked more like this:

Witchcart-Tails-Skypatrol.png

And her in-game sprite:

WitchcartDarkcastle.png

I'd say she has more of a human appearance to me.

Lazaar just has a big pointy nose. I think he's recognizably human? Warpnik, admittedly, looks pretty weird - but he's related to Robotnik, so I guess he has to be human, right?

6 minutes ago, MainJP said:

At least use Witchcarts SEGA design.

6GrbItQ.pnglatest?cb=20191002072336

I keep getting ninja'd.

I could've sworn Lazaar had pointy ears, to say nothing of him presumably being of Sally's World rather than Robotnik's apparently.

As for Wendy, there was never much of her physical design in the games, so I used the Archie version since it's less halloween costume-ish.

Also, not Grimhelde transformed apparently.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

I could've sworn Lazaar had pointy ears, to say nothing of him presumably being of Sally's World rather than Robotnik's apparently.

I may be a little rusty on my SatAM lore, but wasn't Mobius just Earth in the distant future according to Ben Hurst's plans for season 3?

Lazaar could just be a mondo old human owing to his magical abilities.

Though fine, I'll grant that SatAM is premised on the idea that humans are an aberration from the norm if nothing else. Non-Robotnik humans still showed up with some frequency throughout early Sonic media and even to some extent in the early games, is my main point; So the idea of them "not belonging" in the series always kinda seemed odd to me.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Lazaar could just be a mondo old human owing to his magical abilities.

Yeah, I suppose you're right--with a random magical computer crystal and an ominous robo-guardian.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I may be a little rusty on my SatAM lore, but wasn't Mobius just Earth in the distant future according to Ben Hurst's plans for season 3?

Though fine, I'll grant that SatAM is premised on the idea that humans are an aberration from the norm if nothing else.

That's what I heard--I don't know where that came from, but I guess it'd explain Robotnik and Snively a little more.

1 minute ago, MainJP said:

gtVcGZs.png

9yojckR.png

Does this confirm that Rouge has killed people before?

Or robots, anyway.

Now Flying Dog on the otherhand...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Does this confirm that Rouge has killed people before?

Rouge was an accomplice in the destruction of Prison Island, which resulted in at least one person dying.

As a government agent, she could've warned the people there to evacuate, but she just didn't. Even if we take a super optimistic estimate and assume the island was mostly automated or manned by robots, she totally left Flying Dog's human pilot for dead after their fight.

I'd say my unanswered Sonic question is why she didn't get in any trouble with her superiors for that, but considering how historically corrupt GUN is, I feel like her letting the island get destroyed "for the good of the mission" and it being swept under the rug isn't actually that surprising.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Or robots, anyway.

Yeeaaaah, but...it's more fun to think that she might've split some dude in half over some jewelry at some point in her life.

Would the robots even count as "opponents"? They're more like mooks.

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Now Flying Dog on the otherhand...

Yeah...

1 minute ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Rouge was an accomplice in the destruction of Prison Island, which resulted in at least one person dying.

As a government agent, she could've warned the people there to evacuate, but she just didn't. Even if we take a super optimistic estimate and assume the island was mostly automated or manned by robots, she totally left Flying Dog's human pilot for dead after their fight.

I'd say my unanswered Sonic question is why she didn't get in any trouble with her superiors for that, but considering how historically corrupt GUN is, I feel like her involvement "for the good of the mission" being swept under the rug isn't actually that surprising.

Good point, but I was talking about Silent Size specifically. I was wondering if the description alluded to the possibility that she's kicked some guy in half before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Rouge, prior to 06 anyway was it ever explicitly stated she worked for GUN? From the beginning we know she’s a government agent and GUN is all we see so it’s what is assumed, but considering her lack of communication with any of GUN’s known members (unless she spoke to the president or something and I’m forgetting) and her blatant destruction of GUN robots and even Flying Dog without a care in the world, it has me wonder. 

Why is she a government agent anyway? She strikes me as more of a free spirit like Wario or the Babylon Rogues who would be better off just exploring and stealing treasure rather than tie herself down with a totally legal government job (especially considering her shadiness and thievery). Who knows maybe it’s the thrill of it that she likes.