Awoo.

Online, is Metal Sonic just a little bit broken?

Badnik Mechanic

Oh dear it's one of these threads.

Yes we said the same about Knuckles in the last game... then we discovered how stupidly over-powered bikes are.

However... Metal Sonic... Every single online race I've played, whoever is Metal Sonic, wins... or at least comes in the top 3.

It doesn't matter the course, doesn't matter what position he is on the start line, every single time I've raced against a player who picks him, it's either a win, or a top 3 spot. Now at one point I picked Metal Sonic and won every race as him. Didn't matter the track, just won every race. Now I'd like to think I'm not too bad at this game. But I shouldn't be dominating as him this much! I went stright online and was playing against people who had B and even Star Class licenses, and I was destroying them. It wasn't like it was a close victory, one race I was half a lap ahead.

Has anyone else noticed this?

From what I've seen online usually the people that pick Metal Sonic usually end up in last place so I wouldn't say his broken.

Maybe you're just going up against people that play the game good.

I hope he's not since I was wanting to main him (or at least as one of my top picks). I'd hate to be "that guy" that picks Metal and everyone groans about it XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol good luck with that, if someone picks a character, it's very rare that they'll switch.

He is beatable, in fact I just destroyed a play as him playing as Sonic on Death Egg Hanger. But it's just that in every online race I've been in, whoever picks him seems to either win the race or come top 3 every time.

What are his stats? More importantly, what are his stats in comparison to everyone else? I don't have the game yet so I can't see myself.

Is this another example of Sonic in the first game where he has the same base stats as AiAi but just better in a single aspect, thus making him the best character in the game?

I don't know. I'd be more inclined to believe you if I had more information.

Metals stats are as follows.

Speed = 4

Accel = 2

Handling = 3

Boost = 3

All star = 2

There is only one thing I can see that sets him apart from the others. He has all his stats/mods unlocked from the word go, No need to level him up. He does however have a 'console mod' which gives him max speed and max boost, but reduced acceleration and handling to 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that doesn't really seem bad at all. I don't know.

The only thing I can immediately think of that would make any difference is that his vehicle appears to be a lot smaller than others'.

lol good luck with that, if someone picks a character, it's very rare that they'll switch.

He is beatable, in fact I just destroyed a play as him playing as Sonic on Death Egg Hanger. But it's just that in every online race I've been in, whoever picks him seems to either win the race or come top 3 every time.

This sounds very coincidental since I lost against Sonic and Tails as Metal in Death Egg Hanger while on a win streak. King_Ubu by any chance?

The mod I use for Metal is just handling mod.

Edited by Zone Seeker

I've had a few games with him and against him online (PS3) and he's done nothing of the sort. If I do happen to be the guy who wins because of Metal's glitch, I probably wont be playing as him much online after that.

not really, i just slaughtered him on Expert in both GP and Users online, he's just all around good, and a popular character to main.

I have to yet test online. but while everytime he appeared during WT I didn't feel he was broken. Neither when I was playing as him.