Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'll try to finish Need for Speed Underground 2 for the second time from the last 8 months. In fact I really need new games to play, but I can't find something that really interest me.

However, Sonic Mania (And Forces, I hope) will enter in this list soon.

Played and finished Spec Ops: The Line. The game was polished that really surprised me, only really problems were the cover system not really responsive enough and the enemy placement. It looked fine even though I could detect some Bulletstorm/Gears of War 3 influence to them (e.g. the font, the brightness since it is that version of the Unreal Engine 3) and a couple of points the textures were slow to load but nothing to complain about.

Spoiler

The major issue for me was the story and indeed the entire point of the game. I can see how they wanted to show that war is a bad thing, the issues that soldiers face and the consequences of your actions but it conflicted that the developers made a standard 3rd person shooter yet the writers wanted to make you feel bad by playing the game (and don't mix that great either). By having Captain Walker alone, all the blame is refering to him and if they wanted the guilt trip, then he shouldn't be there and despite Nolan North's performance I just felt better if he wasn't there. If they wanted you to feel bad then why can't it be in 1st person to at least have that perception that you are murdering people. The loading screens are suppose to be satire but really it is just sarcastic jabs at you. Yet if it is your fault, really? All you are doing is pressing buttons and moving analog sticks, the actions are displayed by Walker. It is also ironic considering that Take Two publish games that glorify violence and other misdeeds so they are also to blame. So the message I even find out out that I was "playing the bad guy" very early on so even the smoke scene half way through the game didn't impact me (and besides during that scene you don't see that they were refugees anyway and only "popped up" after that task) and shooting other Americans could be interpretated as shooting a gang or mercanaries like many games. If there were more violent scenes and actually showing more in detail of the deaths especially what happens to Lugo, then yeah the message would have worked out better.

In all I just found the story silly and couldn't take it seriously like they wanted. Dubai having nearly everyone killed? No other teams or countries investigating what is a big place (might have worked better if it was a jungle or a small island but Dubai)? I even felt like laughing when it got near the end when they were swearing over the top and the endings too. It felt more like a parody than satire at some points.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few weeks of slow and methodical play, I've now wrapped up Shovel Knight for a third time, and not even the last.  Specter Of Torment is done, and what a game it was - enough of a game for me to go well out of my way to try out new challenges like the Checkpointless Feat (largely if with some exceptions trivialised by the Risk Raiment, which scored me a flawless victory against Mole Knight in seconds without planning it and without even moving or jumping) and New Game+ (which has a unique wrinkle for Specter Knight which really keeps you moving).  Yacht Club Games have knocked it out of the park again with another fantastic expansion, one that's also completely different to the previous expansion.

What gameplay!  At first, I felt so bad at playing Specter Knight as his moveset was just so different, but after mastering it over the course of the game, I've improved immeasurably and am amazed at the sheer amount of control this character has in relation to Shovel Knight and Plague Knight.  The game asks you to pull some stunts which would have been unthinkable in the previous campaigns, but Specter Knight is so versatile and possesses so much control that by the time you're at the hardest challenges it's all realistic.  Although the non-existent level curve for the Order of No Quarter definitely tempted me to play well outside the indicated order; I think I did the Lich Yard and Clockwork Tower first, some of the hardest levels, so little wonder if I stumbled a lot in the early days.

There are some drawbacks.  I am a big fan of world maps and miss not having one, there are undeniably fewer levels available to Specter Knight than to the other characters, and I simply don't understand why music sheets are no longer collectibles when all Specter Knight's music has been remixed - but I accept that that was the trade-off for how new everything else was.  Graphical overhauls and new elements for all levels, level design that echoes rather than parallels the original, revamped boss fights...  After the comparatively similar (by design) Plague Of Shadows, seeing how they'd done a Sonic Mania (or better!) on the levels was a surprise and a real breath of fresh air.  As for the story - well, I actually backed Shovel Knight on Kickstarter and put my votes in for playable boss knights; I think my top picks were the Enchantress, Specter Knight, and Plague Knight, and what drew me to the middle one was that option for a moody and tragic prequel, and within the sphere of Shovel Knight I got that.  It was clever and surprising even for such a relatively short story, with one character in particular more prominent than I ever imagined - but I suppose Kickstarter is the reason we have this game, after all.

King Knight, the final expansion, is expected later this year, and I look forward to see how they'll handle that.  Will it be, as some imagine, a pre-prequel?  Or perhaps it will complete the set of prequel and paraquel by being written as a sequel?  Who knows, but it has my trust and anticipation.

At the moment taking a small break but have been playing Iron Man and Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal.

With the first game I did have some enjoyment early on and was having fun. Then it towards nearly half way through the game that it started being unfair; the health bar is shorter than you think, getting killed by missiles that I can't see that was way too common, had problems flying and even with the B button QTE part due to its timing. The camera could be better, the map could be a lot more helpful especially regarding enemies. I'm currently stuck on Mission 7 after being stuck on Mission 6 for a while (it was the flight having problems and shooting one part of the ship was hard to see and took multiple playthroughs to find the things to shoot) even though I know what to do. I was close nearly every time with Titanium Man but that missile problem costed me lives so I'm normally down to my last life when I reach him. You only get 4 on Normal then when you lose, it's all the way back to the beginning of the level. Yes, I have upgraded my parts too.

The sequel changed to more of a linear experience and did like it a bit but I wonder if someone takes the concept of the first game and does a better job. It really needs a bit more polish and a bit of tweaking because when it works, you do feel like Iron Man. When I did get the fly to work, it was lovely to see.

I got so frustrated with Iron Man that I went to play Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal that for a 360 is one of the more higher priced and harder to find games (but didn't pay too much for it and can get my money back from what I paid for it). Even though I am a big fan of Bugs Bunny, I didn't really enjoy the game very much and really a missed opportunity (it was like one of the last Looney Tunes games before the Vita game that was better despite being a mobile styled sports game). As soon as I saw the Gamebyro logo came up, I thought oh no...

The tutorial was fine but when it got to the game itself, I haven't played a game this buggy or glitchy in a long time (it's not the disc as it was installed via the 360 Hard Drive and it's only 2GB). The collision detection is off both in combat and in jumps so to make a jump you're literally past the edge (in other games you would have fallen) to jump just towards the other side. There were times when I died and then the level didn't load or I died then died again seconds later being in mind you get two characters so its like two lives before a checkpoint. The camera was bad making hard to see where you are going, worse when you move your character and the axes change. Reminded me why I didn't enjoy the Futurama game since it had the exact same awful camera and controls except that was more bland than glitchy. I'll see how far that I'll go...

I am worried about playing Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim [its an updated version just like the later Call of Duty games have an updated Quake 2/3 engine], Bully, Splatterhouse (2010) and Divinity II now since they all ran on the same engine and hope the games aren't as glitchy as this or have control/camera problems like this and Futurama. I know the first three are but how bad they can get?

Currently playing Ratchet and Clank (2016) on challenge mode.

I've been going through my backlog of PS4 games before the N-Sane Trilogy comes out, and have ordered all four of them in terms of liked to least liked. 

-Skylanders Imaginators is my fave of this bunch. It's a different direction for the narrative, it's got the usual enjoyable Skylanders gameplay and the Imaginators are handled well. However, I have pretty much wrung out its content until I can get the Lost Imaginite Mines. 

-Ratchet and Clank (2016) is a lot clearer in direction than its 2002 counterpart, and the weapon is actually rather intuitive and quick to use. It feels a smaller experience than the original, but maybe that's because I know what I'm doing now.

-Lego Dimensions is mediocre. Before Hire-a-Hero it would have been bad, but now it's more monotonous than anything (and also glitchy). It's a shame because I do enjoy Lego Licence games usually. The pay walls really don't help. 

-I can't even play Overwatch. 

Currently I've been playing Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Finished it the first time around so I'm playing it a second time.  I want to try collecting all the rings and eggs from each level this time. Overall I've been enjoying the game. 

Been replaying Super Mario RPG over the past few weeks. The original and still the best Mario RPG. I'm glad it's taken me so much longer to rebeat it than I anticipated.

I've been replaying a lot of old games the first half of the year. Next month begins the steady stream of new games to buy. I'm ready for some new stuff.

Trying to finish LEGO City Undercover. This game is pretty good! Sometimes the game became boring, but it really have good moments. Well I can't say much thing, I certainly don't finished 10% of the game yet.

Still currently playing Star Wars: Battlefront (2015).

I've Platinum'd it, which was no small task let me tell you - the Battle and Survival singleplayer missions both required some help from guides to familiarize me with the best strategies. Some of the multiplayer trophies were hard as nails to get, too. All that's really left to do is unlock the last costume (Imperial Officer) and complete the diorama - oddly, its completion is not rewarded with a trophy. Weird.

Anyway, to do that, I need to win 8 more games of Hero Hunt and make 40 more starfighter kills in the U-Wing.

The latter is a very slow process, as you can never tell if you'll be selected to fly a U-Wing when playing the Rebels in Infiltration. To make matters worse, Infiltration only cycles around the Scarif map pack periodically, and you won't know what side you've been allotted until you get there.

The former is the real nightmare, though - almost every match of Hero Hunt has at least one super-awesome player, who just dominates everyone. They don't leave after one or two wins, either - more of the time, they just keep playing, even after others have left. Lobby hopping is now a thing for me as I struggle to find games with people around my skill level.

I need some wins, but every time I get close, someone kills me and proceeds to beat my score. I managed to rack up 37 kills as Bossk in the Sulfer Fields level this morning before work, until somebody killed me (EE-4, point blank range). Two heroes later they earned the coveted hero spot, chose Bossk, and wiped the floor with everyone. Agh!! My heart breaks when this shit happens. X(

I am currently playing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and it's pretty damn amazing. I've only tamed Ruta and Rudania after 120+ hours of play, but I'm taking my time enjoying the overworld and getting deeply involved in the combat system which is pretty damn amazing in spite of the game's limited enemy variety. I'm looking forward to playing it until the end and then trying out the DLC. Actually, I'm likely going to get it once I obtain the Master Sword just for the Trial of Swords.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/30/2017 at 0:46 PM, Patticus said:

Still currently playing Star Wars: Battlefront (2015).

I've Platinum'd it, which was no small task let me tell you - the Battle and Survival singleplayer missions both required some help from guides to familiarize me with the best strategies. Some of the multiplayer trophies were hard as nails to get, too. All that's really left to do is unlock the last costume (Imperial Officer) and complete the diorama - oddly, its completion is not rewarded with a trophy. Weird.

Anyway, to do that, I need to win 8 more games of Hero Hunt and make 40 more starfighter kills in the U-Wing.

The latter is a very slow process, as you can never tell if you'll be selected to fly a U-Wing when playing the Rebels in Infiltration. To make matters worse, Infiltration only cycles around the Scarif map pack periodically, and you won't know what side you've been allotted until you get there.

The former is the real nightmare, though - almost every match of Hero Hunt has at least one super-awesome player, who just dominates everyone. They don't leave after one or two wins, either - more of the time, they just keep playing, even after others have left. Lobby hopping is now a thing for me as I struggle to find games with people around my skill level.

I need some wins, but every time I get close, someone kills me and proceeds to beat my score. I managed to rack up 37 kills as Bossk in the Sulfer Fields level this morning before work, until somebody killed me (EE-4, point blank range). Two heroes later they earned the coveted hero spot, chose Bossk, and wiped the floor with everyone. Agh!! My heart breaks when this shit happens. X(

Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit.

I was playing HH again today, and after god only knows how many matches spent chasing after any kind of hope of victory, not to mention lobby hopping some, I managed to find my way into playing with a really good group. That is, a bunch of people worse than me! I assume newbies. Anyway, I swung a nice victory as Boba Fett at the Endor Crash Site, had a near-tie in the Hoth Rebel Base (I just got enough kills at the end to bring it home), and dominated as Bossk on both Sullust maps and Jakku. Hell, I even got a win playing as Luke Skywalker (the hero I do worst with) at Tatooine's Dune Sea Exchange, a map I hate because I always lose there.

Naturally, after I got that diorama entry I promptly left. Gotta make sure the other people can get the wins in before some real talented players come online.

Stunned that I managed this today. Desperately hoping Battlefront II won't put me through that wringer again.

40 kills as a U-Wing... not sure TBH, but maybe I'll get there. Won't be working at it like I have Hero Hunt though, probably.

• 2 weeks later...

I was away recently, and played through a couple of smaller games on my 3DS which I found very satisfying:

First up, Blaster Master Zero, which I gather is a kind of reimagined remake of a NES game I'd never heard of.  My understanding is that the original had wildly different stories between the Japanese original and the American localisation, but as far as I can tell the new storyline is a kind of fusion of the two of them, taking its cues superficially from the American version while rethinking it to be less absurd and more in the spirit of the sci-fi Japanese version, which appears to be canon to the new game.  I think that's both an elegant and respectful approach, and I like it.  Certainly the story itself wasn't really anything special, but I think it hit all the right beats and I had a good time.  As for the gameplay itself, the nature of a remake is such that I can't be certain what is a true developer choice and what's simply a legacy design from the original, so it's hard to praise or blame.  I felt that the dichotomy of tank and human was fun, but frequently too unnecessary in the early worlds, to the extent that I missed a couple of dungeons on my first run through the early worlds as I forgot I could dismount to reach dungeons and not just to play them.  Midgame dungeons are trivialised the moment you acquire the Wave gun, but the designers found ways of making later dungeons and bosses threatening regardless.  In general, the game gets better as it goes on, although I'm not fond of the extra, final world, which I think is the wrong kind of chaotic and still has areas I don't understand...  But overall, I really enjoyed this game.  The DLC characters look surprisingly versatile and well-thought-out, too; I just wish they had their own goofy story (however minimalist) for it to feel worth playing as them.

Which brings me to the second game I played in the same period by exactly the same developer: Mighty Gunvolt Burst.  I played the original Mighty Gunvolt, and it was a silly, throwaway minigame with an outright joke plot which was given (correctly) an outright joke localisation.  Mighty Gunvolt Burst, on the other hand, is really much more a real game; still quite a retro game in terms of graphics, but one with a surprisingly legit (even canon?) plot and gameplay that forms a pretty respectable Mega Man throwback.  I'm sure the graphics didn't break the bank, but they're colourful and distinct and get better and more sophisticated as the game goes on.  The plot was a bigger deal than I initially gave it credit for, and while the scrapped masked Gunvolt design planned for Gunvolt 2 remained just a neat little cameo, there was a genuine twist and a final boss I really appreciated; as a corollary, the game had more stages than I initially expected, too.  As for the gameplay itself, it's pretty fun and challenging, with much of the latter challenge coming from risking getting ever closer to enemies to continue that Burst combo, which turns out to be a good response to how very overpowered your character is by the end of the game.  And yet your available CP never quite keeps up with your newly-available customisations, leaving you always wanting more.  Yes, the custom bullet system is ludicrously deep; perhaps even too deep, though with so much flexibility it would always have made sense to throw in everything but the kitchen sink.  I don't know if it's a wonderful idea for Beck's many bullet types to have nothing to do with elements, and it's a bit unfair that GV only gets the one bullet type to Beck's ten, but I suppose that's the point in having multiple playable characters.  Additionally, while I never felt the emphasis on score quite fitted in Azure Striker Gunvolt, it's right at home in this game, even if you're not the type to push for S-ranks - and I gave the Challenges an honest try, too, and they're decent.  A surprisingly good game.

I also chipped away a little more at Dragon Quest VIII 3D.  After the tavern brawl in Simpleton, the game's style is starting to click with me - but I am really not enjoying the proto-open-world approach where reaching every new area becomes a matter of forcing yourself to unnecessarily explore yet another vast, complex, and utterly empty continent.  Maybe it'll pay off later, but right now I feel the game would have been better served by being more old-school rather than less.

Pulled out my OG Xbox to play a few games. The one I'm playing now? Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

I bought the OG Xbox version because it was all that store had. Looking up some version differences, however, I may have gotten lucky, since apparently, the PS2 version had one bonus stage, and the Gamecube version was given another. The OG Xbox version simply got both.

But right, on to the game itself. What are my thoughts? The graphics wouldn't be hardware pushing on the PS2, though they're decent for their time. The voice acting can be a bit obnoxious! The level design is fairly easy. And the camera isn't so good.

And yet I'm having a good time. I'm just having fun wandering the levels and collecting items, even if it is easy. I actually wandered around an area for a while; a sign that I'm enjoying my time with a game.

And the characters are charming, either despite the obnoxious voice acting...or maybe even because of it.

I could totally see myself getting the sequels somewhere down the line. It's a fun one. Though I'm debating whether to get the trilogy all on one console (the OG Xbox in this case, since I already have the first one on it), or being weird and collecting 2 on the Gamecube and 3 on the PS2. Time will tell, I suppose.

Polished off Battlefront about a week, a week and a half back, averaging 2-3 kills as a U-Wing most times I flew - though even 1 kill was plenty acceptable, since even those rounds got me 1% nearer to achieving my final goal. Some rounds went better than others, of course, and it was a frustrating slog to finish that last diorama piece. But I did it, and I'm proud of myself for achieving what I believed so recently to be un-achievable - the complete mastery of Star Wars: Battlefront.

I dived back into Darksiders II soon afterwards, and am now pretty well immersed in its beautifully crafted world again. I'll soon be fighting the Arena Champion in the Dead Lands - a hard fight. Hope I'm up to the task!

Currently I've been playing Portal and Portal 2. It feels great to complete a puzzle in a level. Didn't complete the games yet so yeah I'm working on it.

I think I'll finish up donkey Kong country returns 3D this week. I'll probably go back and 100% later on though.

For my Switch...

Got Splatoon2 today and its pretty fun so far. Also still been playing MarioKart8 & Breath of The Wild from time to time.

on My 3DS...

Finally bought a copy of the new Mario Sports Superstars or whatever its called, pretty fun little collection of different sports/activities, though kind of bugs me how none of the Horse Riding amiibo cards seem to work, oh well everything else works fine so whatever.

And of course still play ACNL & Smash from time to time as well.

Picked up Gravity Rush 2 again after letting it sit on my PS4 dashboard for two months. Good game despite its flaws, better than the first one. I wanna beat it before I pick up Splatoon 2 next week. Also been messing with Guilty Gear Xrd past couple of nights. Pretty fun even if I suck at it.

Currently playing Mighty Gunvolt Burst. I initially wasn't going to get it since the original Mighty Gunvolt was basically a little bite-sized adventure without much depth to it, but oh, how regretful that would have been.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a full-fledged Mega Man game in all but name. It's what Mighty Number 9 should have been. Basically, if you're a fan of the classic Mega Man games, get this game now. It's that good.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, currently Banjo Tooie on the original N64.

Man, this game is a backtracking mess constantly going back and forth learning moves to get through pathways so I can see why some didn't like it. 

Aside, from the pain in the ass backtracking, it's definitely a step up from Kazooie.

I've made it all the Cloud Cuckooland, (heh, my older brother never progressed there on his childhood playthrough.) which is a fun yet pretty confusing level so I left and currently focusing on Grunty Industries, which is also a mess...

I have no damn clue how to get to that Jamjars solo on the 2nd floor or where to find a another socket for the other battery near Wumba.

You know this game is hard when you consistently have to rely on YouTube walkthoughs...

I'll admit though, this game is influencing me a lot.

• 1 month later...

I had some spare time recently which I didn't fancy spending too much effort through, so I took the liberty of replaying Mighty Gunvolt Burst with the recently-released Ekoro character - not a character or franchise I care for, but it was during the free release period, so I thought I might as well give it a shot.  Story-wise, Ekoro has an opening and closing cutscene, but no others, which is a bit of a shame; it honestly doesn't seem like it would have been much more work.  But the main star is the gameplay, and Ekoro feels like a more forgiving character, with an extremely high jump and the strongest aerial action; she appears to have much less HP than Beck and Gunvolt, but the trade-off for that is her powerful Goddess's Blessing ability, which makes her invincible and gives her automatic Burst on all kills while in effect, so really, she's kind of an easy mode.  It was fun revisiting the game... but it's still kind of weird that Gunvolt and Ekoro have only one Bullet Type, while Beck has like ten.

More significantly, after some months and nearly a hundred hours, I've finally completed Dragon Quest VIII 3D, knocking the last hundred-hour RPG out of my backlog until I buy like three more this year.  (Completion, incidentally, to me was getting through enough of the postgame to unlock all the remaining story content, but not going beyond the point at which the advice for beating the next in a chain of superbosses was "grind more.")  Although it took a while to click with me, I have to say that I was mostly very impressed with this game; I suppose that's to say that I was impressed with the story and its execution, apathetic about the fairly standard RPG gameplay, and utterly exhausted by the game's interpretation of exploration.  To approach these in reverse order:

• Exploration-wise, for DQVIII they had the bright idea to realise the entire world map as dungeon-scale rather than as an abstraction.  Atmospherically, in terms of a sense of place, this works; however, the problem is that this big, beautiful world is completely empty.  Apart from the main locations, connected by roads, there is nothing substantial to be gained by exploring, nothing; nothing interesting, no reward that couldn't be easily duplicated elsewhere.  It's pointless, but just making sure takes hour after wasted hour.  So that's horrid.
  • Gameplay: Well, Dragon Quest is a very traditional JRPG series...  However, this game opts not to include a class system, thereby circumventing much of the quite extraordinary grind from the previous title, and instead allocates on level-up a certain number of skill points to be invested in one of five linear skill trees per character.  Balancing these is certainly interesting; but it's a little alarming that skill points cannot be revoked, so any errors in planning are irrevocable.  It's also a shame that four of each five skill trees are weapon-based, but weapon skills do not transfer, meaning you'll only ever be able to use one set of skills at once - which is a shame, as eventually you'll have enough skill points that there'll be nowhere else to put them other than in a weapon you won't be using.  Battles are turn-based, and enough skills are mercilessly costless that it's actually worth using moves other than Attack in random battles.  A new Tension system is introduced, allowing you to spend a turn Psyching Up in order to increase the power of your next move, to a limit or three or four stages - a device mostly used to forced you to waste turns in boss battles while the bosses dispel your accumulated Tension, whilst simultaneously having so much HP that you'd be a fool not to Psyche Up at every opportunity.
  • Story: Wonderfully unusual.  Okay, sure, it eventually resolves into a standard kill-the-demon-lord plot, but it really goes places on the way; it's unusual to have characters set out on their quest purely for revenge, or to have the subject of their curse goofing it up alongside them.  The personalities of the main characters are rich and entertaining, especially Yangus, probably one of the best Dragon Quest characters of all; the story is intricate and isn't afraid to shift gears and develop slowly, only pulling back the veil very slowly until at last the context to events occurring since the start of the game suddenly is crystal-clear.  The extended subplot involving Marcello is particularly exciting for how unexpected, how very optional it feels - and yet there it is, part of the main story.  My only real complaints are that the sudden and extremely brief orb fetch quest right before the final boss breaks the pacing a little and could easily be done without - and that, for a character treated seriously throughout the story, the final boss's two incarnations are both oddly silly-looking, with the first in particular being almost explicitly a joke.  But overall, this was a very refreshing take on the classic RPG plot, neither clichéd nor radical.  Thinking back to my first Dragon Quest game, Dragon Quest IX years ago - cripes, what a horrendous climbdown for that to have user-generated party characters with no identity nor personality!  Dragon Quest VIII really hits the spot in that regard.

Overall, a fantastic game.  Just so long as you don't actually bother exploring unless you actually see something that looks like a real place.

The most recent game I've completed is Parascientific Escape: Crossing At The Farthest Horizon, and in case that title didn't clue you in, the translation is as rough as ever; indeed, it seems particularly error-prone in this, the final title in the series.  For a finale, the plot is... irregular.  It's billed as a kind of crossover between the first and second games, which had basically completely different casts - but I think every single character from the second game returns, whereas only the protagonist of the first game appears again.  She really gets the short end of the stick, too; she doesn't even get to use her signature psychic powers in escape sections, and at one point is reduced to being a damsel in distress.  The plot resolution itself is okay, even if it has an increasingly absurd tendency towards claiming that every single character Did Nothing Wrong no matter how many people they murdered or wars they incited - but the treatment of the protagonist of the game that started the series kind of illustrates what I came to dislike about Parascientific Escape, which is that it basically became a completely different series in the second game.  The first was not unfairly called "a poor man's Zero Escape," but the thing is, that was what I liked about it, its more self-consciously fun plotting and arbitrary puzzles.  Subsequent games have attempted a broader scope and political intrigue, and frankly, I just don't care; I respect that the developers' ambition increased, but their talent did not, and they miss their own targets.  The main thing I hope for is that my purchase will encourage Circle Entertainment to "localise" (literally translate) better eShop escape games...

Trying to get back to playing Guild Wars 2 since the new expansion is due out next week which I'm super hyped of. I still love playing mostly Sonic Mania on my weekends, the game's awesome.

This weekend I went back  to Pokemon Sun to catch the Ultras. I just had to put off that since I was so exhausted with Pokemon (not Sun & Moon particularly) at the time. I also finally got to evolve my Type: Null to Silvally. I liked that I took a longer break with Pokemon, that made them feel freshier. I could stop playing Sun now and see if I get interested in the Ultra version.

The Girl and the Robot. Not bad I guess, but pretty boring. Everything feels way too samey, and I guess it's pretty short.