Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

After my immense surprise of finding it FINALLY on Virtual Console very very early this morning, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I totally wasn't expecting it! And so downloaded it with my leftover 1000 points.

I'm loving it so far but no game i've ever played before has ever induced such paranoia. That timer is a constant threat! And it is pretty complex compared to Ocarina of Time.

Other than that, i've been playing Sonic Unleashed as per usual on 360. Can't get enough of that game XD.

After my immense surprise of finding it FINALLY on Virtual Console very very early this morning, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I totally wasn't expecting it! And so downloaded it with my leftover 1000 points.

I'm loving it so far but no game i've ever played before has ever induced such paranoia. That timer is a constant threat! And it is pretty complex compared to Ocarina of Time.

It's my favorite Zelda game!

The game doesn't tell you about a few useful songs: The inverted Song of Time is your friend: Down A right, down A right. Makes time go at half speed. The Song of double time is useful once in a while, for skipping time (right right A A down down)

I finished "Eat Lead", and then the Spagonia Adventure pack, so now I'm going to tray again at finishing Ninja Gaiden 2.

Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game also. It's so insanely dark and sinister, even compared with Twilight Princess, it's just really filled with that "creepy" feeling that doesn't necessarily need blood and realism to come out right. Also, it has a godly amount of excellent sidequests, even individual NPC has a story and schedule. Man it's hard to believe that game came out on N64 when in many aspects it's more advanced than Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Something about the tension and worry has never been matched since.

Oh by the way, the very helpful Scarecrow teaches you about the variations of the Song of Time, as well as taking you forward half a day if you wish.

Taking that back...

I'm going to play The Simpsons Game - just rented it.

The Simpsons Game is great, I have ti for Wii and I finished it. It has a lot of great humor, and nice stages :). Enjoy!

The Simpsons Game is great, I have ti for Wii and I finished it. It has a lot of great humor, and nice stages :). Enjoy!

The Simpsons Game is probably the best game out there based on a movie/tv show. Which really isn't saying much, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless. Keep on the lookout for a Sonic cameo! ;)

Edited by SuperStingray

The Simpsons Game is probably the best game out there based on a movie/tv show. Which really isn't saying much, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless. Keep on the lookout for a Sonic cameo! ;)

Haha, yeah as also for Street Fighter, Mario and others :).

Motherfucking Ape Escape. Greatest beauty ever crafted.

Aye, that it be. I <3 Spectre :3

And yes, I like Raiden in case anyone is wondering, he's one of my favorite MGS characters.

Me too. Poor Raiden, he gets so much guff from the fans.

Edited by CreamyBagel

Fellow Majora's Mask lover down here too. My fave Zelda for sure. Plan to give it a replay soon myself, though not on Wii... have it on GCN, and N64 for that matter.

Anyway, recently been playing more Sonic Unleashed... I'm now a proud 100%er... every collectable, medal, achievement and S rank... until the next DLC comes out anyway, lol.

EarthWorm Jim. Got it on VC last monday, and it's my first time playing it.

I wish that pink dog would just wither up and die.

Fellow Majora's Mask lover down here too. My fave Zelda for sure. Plan to give it a replay soon myself, though not on Wii... have it on GCN, and N64 for that matter.

Anyway, recently been playing more Sonic Unleashed... I'm now a proud 100%er... every collectable, medal, achievement and S rank... until the next DLC comes out anyway, lol.

I love Majora's Mask, I never beat it, and I think I accidently sold it (don't ask...) it was the collectors cartridge and everything! I'm going down to a used games store tomorrow to find a copy, hopefully it'll be mines lol. I just refuse to finish beating this game on an emulator.

But as for what I'm playing now... a bunch of random bullshit.

Diddy Kong Racing lol

Donkey Kong Country 2 again lol

Call of Duty 4

Star Ocean The Last Hope

I find myself playing Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary on DS a lot. Game will never get old.

But my copies of Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009 arrived recently so they may get most of my time.

I kinda regret getting the former one since I'm not that good with Kanji. At least it has audio in some parts. ^^;

Anyway, there are too many games I have to finish but I keep getting them when they come up. If only I had time for gaming. ^^; The only device that I play lately is my Nintendo DS since I usually get to play during the ride to uni. I still have Blazer Drive, Pokemon Diamond, Sonic Chronicles, Final Fantasy IV and Ryuusei no Rockman 3 to finish now that I think about it.

Edited by FlameStream

I also have it on GC and N64, but my particular GC version crashes all the time, so it's very hard to get anything done. Especially with Majora's Mask's save system, crashes are really a pain in the arse. There were also music and sound glitches. I'd play it on N64 but the controller hurts my thumb xD And I love the GC pad.

Star Ocean The Last Hope

God dammit, that game, like Tales of Vesperia, is another one us Brits have to wait ages for. :(

Oh god where to begin.

I got Pokémon Colosseum a while ago, I'm somewhere in the latter half and whilst I greatly enjoyed my time at first the gimmick of snagging pokémon in battle has started to become slightly annoying now that everything's much stronger. Still a swell game and stuff, but...

I've also got Killzone 2 to play that my boyfriend bought earlier this week. I'm actually in the final battle so I guess I should finish it quickly at some point but...

I've also got Sonic Unleashed for the PS3, just got it yesterday. Really enjoying it, the Werehog bits are swell changes of pace from the hyperspeed Sonic ones. I really feel like playing it but...

I got Tomb Raider Anniversary from this weekend's Steam sale. I absolutely loved TR1 back in the day so I've wanted Anniversary for a long time. Well, now I've got it and it's brilliant outside certain control-mapping fuckaboots but I'm starting to get over that. Still has that lovely vibe and it's pretty funky to see familiar places in better graphics. Really feel like playing that all the time as well but...

Then I've also got my faithful old World of Warcraft that I got some playing time recently for the early May festivities. For the past few weeks I've been grinding and powerquesting and so forth in order to get my tauren shaman out of the terrible 45-58 slump (which wouldn't be so bad otherwise if all the high end Azeroth zones wouldn't be so depressingly empty). And I did, a few days ago in fact. He's now in the Burning Crusade zones, a moment I've been waiting for quite a while to play, but now I've got countless other games to compete from my attention.

I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO PLAY.

Edited by Flint

I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO PLAY.

I love that feeling. As soon as I went multiconsole I was overwhelmed with the amount of games I had to play, so I'm never bored ^^

Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game also. It's so insanely dark and sinister, even compared with Twilight Princess, it's just really filled with that "creepy" feeling that doesn't necessarily need blood and realism to come out right. Also, it has a godly amount of excellent sidequests, even individual NPC has a story and schedule. Man it's hard to believe that game came out on N64 when in many aspects it's more advanced than Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Something about the tension and worry has never been matched since.

Oh by the way, the very helpful Scarecrow teaches you about the variations of the Song of Time, as well as taking you forward half a day if you wish.

Majora's Mask has surprised me with how.....complex it is. The people in Clock Town and elsewhere really have their own lives, their own rituals. Like Anju walking off to her kitchen to make lunch. Or Kafei exiting the curiosity shop at dawn.

What is realistic though nevertheless irritating is how your items and some aspects of progress other than masks and such get taken and erased when you time travel. I'm still trying to traverse the Deku Palace in less than 3 days XD. But that just cements the reality in what little time you have left and that there is no ultimatum.

The game also seems to employ psychological techniques to instill fear into the gamer. I was like "WTF?!" when the screen started getting smaller just before the 2nd day started. And i'm so paranoid at

that reaching start of the 3rd day makes me very uneasy and I use the Song of Time regardless. This game does live up to the plaudits placed upon it for it's sheer scariness and creepiness.

I'm such a scaredy cat XD

Nevertheless, Majora is a pretty terrifying villain in it's desire to mass murder and the psychopathic problems it causes to victims of it's dark magic. And yet it's an inanimate object 0_o

Edited by Verte

Yep, just proves that a game doesn't need to be violent or horror to be scary in a completely different way. The way Majora's Mask makes you think is fantastic, I don't believe any game has affected me the same way since.

Except perhaps games like Ace Attorney, Portal and Braid, but even so, not quite the same.

Yep, just proves that a game doesn't need to be violent or horror to be scary in a completely different way. The way Majora's Mask makes you think is fantastic, I don't believe any game has affected me the same way since.

SO agreed.

What partly terrifies me about the 3rd day is how close the Moon is to Termina. It's always overhead. I think it could be considered just as sad as it is creepy. I mean;

- What about that little tree with the sad eyes near the entrance to Termina from the lost woods? Is that the Deku Butler's son? Did Majora/Skull Kid steal his soul, transformed him into a tree and used his soul to possess Link? I mean, from what i've read about this game before getting it, the deceased Mikau and Darmani were made into masks through the song of healing (Stunningly beautiful song BTW) and Link was cured of being a Deku through that song, so does the Deku mask contain the soul of the Deku Butler's son?

- The Gibdo Man and his curing. 'Nuff said.

- Reuniting Kafei and Anju.

- DANCING REDEADS IN IKANA! When you wear the Captain's Hat that is.

- Romani looking like she's been lobotomized when you fail/don't complete the "Them" mission.

I doubt many other games could get close to the sense of impending horror or the hopelessness that MM portrays. Or the involvement you get with the people of Termina. It's such an intricately made game.

Been blasting through Half Life 2 again this past week. Just got the uber gravity gun during "Our Benefactors".

Right now i am playing Disgaea Hour of Darkness. I just beat the second Midboss fight (no really the guys name is Mid boss). I was way under leveled for that fight, but a few bits of extra gain here and little grinding there and massive amounts of Dark Cannon ammo helped me finally get past that area.

Edited by Twilight Spines

Catching up on my Mario Kart Wii where I left off: the dreaded 150cc /Mirror races.

And cussing endlessly at the screen because of the rubberbanding and the last moment onslaught of blue shells and other objects before you cross the finish line at first place. Also I have yet to unlock Dry Bowser.

I suspect in the future there will be a group composed of aging gamers called "Veterans of Mario Kart" and we would be sitting around in a circle yelling and composing about our racing stories and how "we can still hear the blue shell creeping up on us in the middle of the night." I predict there will be lots of flashbacks in the produce isle next to the banana display.

I still have to finish Mario Strikers: Charged with Waluigi going for the fire cup. Ohhhh, how I neglected you my hooligan baby.