Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Having just got a PS3 after just owning a Wii for this whole generation, I'm in a bit of a gaming overload right now, due to missing five years worth of stuff. Currently mostly focusing on Uncharted and Sonic Unleashed. And I hate to say it, but Uncharted's kinda shit. Not really shit, just kinda shit. I mean, it's fun, but it almost feels like Naughty Dog went out of their way to make this game as repetitive as possible. Shoot, jump and climb, shoot, jump and climb, rinse and repeat. The platforming is too basic to be at all noteworthy, and the gun fights are good, but there's just so many of them, and there's really nothing to make any of them stand out from each other. It's not bad, and I'll probably give the sequel a shot since I've heard it's a massive improvement, but I expected a lot better from the company who brought me the fantastic Crash Bandicoot series.

Sonic Unleashed, I have nothing to say about that we all haven't heard a million times. Good in the day, less good in the night, and medal collecting is annoying.

Finished Sonic Unleashed for the Xbox 360 for the first time! Still can't believe it took me 42 minutes to run through Eggmanland. Maybe I just suck. Anyways, the way I see it, I think the levels for the Xbox 360 version had better day time ones and the Wii had better Night time ones. Though, that honestly doesn't mean the night time stages were necessarily good, in my opinion. Anyways, that was fun and I liked it.

Now I've moved on to Borderlands. So far, I like it. It might be a bit slow and it might end up being a pain to run around in the long run, but overall it seems like a good game so far. I picked the Soldier which has a turret that has actually proven helpful in dire situations.

Playin' Resident Evil 4 Wii.

Darn Dusk. He made me like horror games :U

GOT SUMTHIN' THAT MIGHT INTEREST YA' STRANGAH

Alice Madness Returns, unfortunately I didn't buy it on Steam but to hell with it (will probably repurchase it on steam later, though that is very stupid but I don't care). So far, I am enjoying this game, the visuals are simply awesome to me, I think I took a snapshot of everything I came across while playing it. The combat system, works, and that's all I have to say about that. The camera is a bit dodgy and aiming with the pepper gun is rather stiff with a controller, I haven't played it on mouse and keyboard so I can't tell you how it works with that. Finally, it's a platformer, my God, it's not a shooter.

I got Republic Commando off Steam today. I haven't played it in years, and it's just as awesome as I remember it being.

Current games I am playing now, depending on platform;

PC:

Sims 3 Generations (all expos up to)

Starcraft II (EU servers, soon to be US too)

World of Warcraft (US servers)

Age of Empires 3 - Asian Dynasties

PS3:

Valkyria Chronicles

Sonic Adventure DX

Wii:

Metroid: Other M

This list changes occasionally, depending on my mood, but generally just once a week.

Recently 100%ed Naruto Shippuden 3D: The New Era, now I'm ploughing on with OoT3D: Master Quest. Just got to the bottom of the well.

Also, Solatorobo arrived this morning, about two hours or so into that. Seems good fun so far, but oh my god is it the most hilariously furry game ever. :lol:

Playing Portal 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, Overlord, F.E.A.R. 2, Steam just reawakened the gamer in me all of a sudden lol.

Currently playing Team Fortress 2... not used to these kinds of games so I am sucking, but I think at some point I will get the hang of it.

I am seriously considering playing Magicka or buying the Valve Complete Pack (I just started Steam... what a n00b I am.)... curse you Steam summer sale for tempting me to burn a hole in my wallet. XD

For various reasons, while I've been playing a lot of La Pucelle on the PS2 lately, I have to look for a good RPG on the DS instead. I'm looking into my options, since I'd love to get into one that a. doesn't have an idiotic anime-style plot and boring character archetypes, and b. isn't predominantly of a medieval fantasy setting, although I can take it if the general attitude is tongue-in-cheek.

I already own Chrono Trigger, I've beaten the Mario RPGs, and Disgaea DS sucks. I'm bored of Pokémon for the next three years again, and I didn't like what I played of The World Ends With You - that game's frantic nature just isn't for me. Other suggestions would be welcome.

Currently playing Team Fortress 2... not used to these kinds of games so I am sucking, but I think at some point I will get the hang of it.

I am seriously considering playing Magicka or buying the Valve Complete Pack (I just started Steam... what a n00b I am.)... curse you Steam summer sale for tempting me to burn a hole in my wallet. XD

Recently got Comic Jumper, taking advantage of the deal of the week on Xbox Live, and 100% it in a day :D It is the singlemost charming game I have played in this era.

Now gone back onto Bulletstorm, playing through the campaign on Very Hard mode, also going through Echo's mode trying to get 3 stars on each level and trying to get as much time into the Anarchy mode before the online dies....

I'm currently on a Tomb Raider kick, been playing Chronicles for the past day or 2 as i knew the stories but never actually played/finished it myself. Am doing the same with The Last Revelation with a best friend but yeah, Currently stuck jumping over moving lasers which you can see in the image :P

img20110703124809.jpg

But yeah, apart from Tomb Raider, i have Yakuza 4, Deadly Premonition and Parasite Eve 2 on the go too, slowly though :D

• Thumbs Up 2

I am currently just playing Rock Band like I normally do. I haven't gotten any new games in awhile. Actually, I have purchased a cool XBLA game called Trouble Witches. It's a side scrolling shoot em' up. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of those type of games.

Recently picked up Radiant Historia. Really liking the grid battle system, gives every encounter a sense of strategy, and the time travel aspect is really interesting.

Playing Sonic Heroes. I've only just discovered how to cut time off in Team Chaotix's Power Plant mission.

Republic Commando got me in a bit of a Star Wars mood, and never being one to pass on a ridiculously good Steam sale I bought the Jedi Knight collection and am now playing Dark Forces. I *was* going to playthrough Republic Commando again on a harder difficulty, but the difficulty curve got freakin' insane after Geonosis.

I've been alternating between Metroid Prime and Mega Man X Command Mission since yesterday. I can't say I'm really enjoying either that much right now though, mainly because I've reached the point in Metroid where I have no idea where to go next and I'm seriously getting sick of dashing through nearly identical hallways and fighting recolors of previous enemies in Megaman X command Mission.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is just as much boring shit as the first game was.

Final Fantasy III has enemies that are far too strong in the beginning of the fucking game, but I might keep playing this a little while longer.

Back to DS RPG hunting.

You, sir, have excellent taste in videogames! :)

Yesterday I recompleted Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, on my now-not-so-new PlayStation3, but going straight into the sequel would be overkill, methinks. Time to register on the PlayStation Network, grab the patch and restart Sonic Unleashed, then!

Thank's mate! :)

I finished 'Syphon Filter 1' on Hard-Mode.

Now I try 'Syphon Filter 2' on Hard-Mode. ^^

Edited by montrey
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles' Chaotix on co-op mode with an initially reluctant friend - who eventually learned to love the game for the same reasons that I do; those physics... My gawd...

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a hold of Hyperdimension Neptunia roughly a week ago, and for all the flack this game received I'm surprised some elements of it hasn't been compared favorably to games like Final Fantasy XIII. Sure, the latter clearly has some massive production values to make it look pretty and complex and all that shit, strip that down and you get the most streamlined game imaginable with a generic battle system and shitty plot with unlikable characters. At least this game has a unique and fun battle system that's able to be customized right to the last inch of a combo, and while the Item System is extremely unorthdox, it adds some layer of depth when it's able to be customized mid fight as well.

I also bought Metroid Prime Trilogy and No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise. I've been meaning to get into the former soon enough since I fucking love the Metroid Prime series even though I've only played halfway through the first one, finished the third one and never played the second one, but I'm waiting for a PS Move to play No More Heroes since there is no way in hell I'm going to play that without motion controllers. Playing No More Heroes without motion control is like playing Jet Set Radio without the graffiti.

So who here actually knew that Henry Hatsworth had a follow-up? It's called Monster Tale, and I'm playing that right now (as well as finishing secret levels and obtaining extra gentlemen pieces in Henry Hatsworth, which I should have done a long time ago). ...It's not a sequel, but like its predecessor, it combines two styles of gameplay, with the puzzle half being replaced with some kind of monster raising gimmick that you use to aid yourself in battle.

Still, it's for all intents and purposes a spiritual successor, as it's designed by Peter Ong and the platforming segments, although taking after Metroidvania-style levels rather than Henry Hatsworth's linear ones, play exactly the same. Ellie has all the same abilities and then some. Some of the enemies are even just re-skins of those from the first game. It really doesn't compete with the first game (no gratuitous Britishness or Tea Time, or any general hilarity), but in terms of gameplay it's a nice addition.

For various reasons, while I've been playing a lot of La Pucelle on the PS2 lately, I have to look for a good RPG on the DS instead. I'm looking into my options, since I'd love to get into one that a. doesn't have an idiotic anime-style plot and boring character archetypes, and b. isn't predominantly of a medieval fantasy setting, although I can take it if the general attitude is tongue-in-cheek.

I already own Chrono Trigger, I've beaten the Mario RPGs, and Disgaea DS sucks. I'm bored of Pokémon for the next three years again, and I didn't like what I played of The World Ends With You - that game's frantic nature just isn't for me. Other suggestions would be welcome.

Do you like action RPGs? If so, I recommend Lunar Knights. Very good and underrated game.

Anyway, right now I'm playing Rayman 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D. (I love my 3DS) I also got 3D Dot Game Heroes for the PS3 recently. I haven't played that much of it, but I like what I've played of it so far.