Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Last evening, I completed 'Syphon Filter 2' on Hard-Mode.

Now I play 'Syphon Filter 3' on Hard-Mode. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box a few days ago. This is my first time playing a Professor Layton game, and I must say, it's damn good. Right now I'm at the part where you have to look for the missing child on the train. Most of the puzzles in the game are quite hard, and some are quite easy but take lots and lots of thinking. (the plate one and the shoe one stumped me for a long time, LOL)

EDIT: 800th post!

Edited by Crystal

Currently, I'm working on MGS2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 (the latter of which I'm borrowing from a friend, along with the first game, since those are the only ones I haven't really played yet). Sons of Liberty is really good, and so is KH2. Combat system is better to me, but it needs to focus more on the Disney aspect. Just having Disney characters in a location isn't the same as focusing on it, like KH1 did. I'm enjoying it, but the story needs work.

Also playing Doom. Good stuff.

My friends are forcing me to play the first two Metal Gear solids for them so they can finally get the full story, since they only played 4, and peace walker... I just want to play MGS3... But one of my friends say they want to play it instead of watching me. ;_;

The funny thing is they are paying more attention to their laptops than the real game.

I'm currently replaying Singularity on Hard. It says enough about a shooter when you're up for a second playthrough immediatelly after completing the first. It's like Bioshock meets Timeshift, and damn good fun to play.

I just finished Ocarina of Time 3D for the third time yesterday (if you include my Master Quest playthrough, second playthrough of the main game), yet I'm almost toying with starting it again.

I think the fact I never really played the original much makes me feel like I've genuinely rediscovered the game, and it's much more awesome than I remembered it being. Makes me feel like I have twelve years' worth of not playing it to catch up on, but maybe I shouldn't overdo it.

I've also been playing Solatorobo a bit more recently, what with the first DLC mission out a couple of days ago. Kinda tempted to restart that soon, too.

Also, OoT3D has put me in a general Zelda mood, and I also feel like replaying Link's Awakening DX, Link to the Past and maybe Wind Waker and Twilight Princess too. D:

A whole myriad of things right now:

- The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

- Picross 3D

- Sonic Rush

- Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars

- Sonic Chronicles

Currently, I'm working on MGS2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 (the latter of which I'm borrowing from a friend, along with the first game, since those are the only ones I haven't really played yet). Sons of Liberty is really good, and so is KH2. Combat system is better to me, but it needs to focus more on the Disney aspect. Just having Disney characters in a location isn't the same as focusing on it, like KH1 did. I'm enjoying it, but the story needs work.

I love MGS2. One of my favorites in the MGS series. I still remember when I kept having pictures of Raiden as my avatar on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Completed straight away on Hard Mode (not messing about for the extra trophy later) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, on PlayStation3, earlier this morning. Haven't had much chance to play much else, but snuck in ten minutes of Vanquish, because 'tis awesome!

MS. 'SPLOSION MAN.

I cannot get past the first room in World 3.

I feel really stupid because of it, because I've been breezing through most of the previous levels. l:[

Playing Retro Game Challenge for the DS right now. Really good game. I'm at Guadia Quest right now.

(ka-thump ka-thump ka-thump)

I'm about halfway through Radiant Historia right now. It's... interesting. It has some issues, but overall I'm enjoying it. The gameplay is definitely solid: I definitely like the choose-your-own-adventure style of time travel, adding some dimension to sidequests beyond going and fetching things and allowing you to revisit practically any point in the story for an immediate refresher. The grid-based battle system is pretty good too, making the characters feel totally unique in a way that's not just "this character uses this element" or "this character heals" and ensuring that random battles don't just turn into attack spamfests. The overworld abilities and puzzles are a bit limited, but they don't get in the way of anything. Overall, it's solid.

My real problems with the game are its story, which isn't bad but is seriously taking a long time to get going, and its characters. The beauty of a game like this is that it should really allow for detailed exploration of its main cast, showing how different circumstances could shape them and how they would react to a wide variety of situations. Instead... well, we do get a little of that, but it's hampered by the cast being a pretty bland bunch. Raynie and Aht are a little better than the rest, and nobody's outright unlikeable, but they're just awfully flat. Especially Stocke; it hurts the drama a lot when our viewpoint character is basically a plank of wood. I guess it's because everything's so grim that there's not much room for wacky JRPG comedy antics, but it's still kind of a problem.

It's also kind of bizarre that Stocke almost never mentions or thinks about the White Chronicle outside of Historia or decision nodes. I mean, I know that he's keeping it a secret and that Lippti and Teo told him to try and live out his life normally, but surely being in possession of an item that lets you redo practically anything would alter the way you perceive the world a little. It'd be nice to see Stocke get a bit arrogant or stop taking things seriously because of his power, only for it to come back to bite him later.

Finishing Pac-Man World 2 after all these years.

I had forgotten how smexy the soundtrack was:

Oh man, I loved Pac-Man World 2! It's one of my favorite platformers on the Gamecube, and the soundtrack was great (during the third grade, I would find myself humming the main theme every now and then), but I never did finish the game, unfortunately. I remember getting stuck at this one boss and not knowing how to defeat it (I don't remember the boss too well, it's been years since I last played it). But anyway, I love that game, and I'm going to play it again soon and finally finish it.

I think the first Pac-Man World was better though.

EDIT: Listening to the main theme on YouTube right now. My third grade year is flashing before my eyes! And that's a good thing.

Edited by Crystal

My mum wanted me to set up the PS3 for her to play Harry Potter 7 part 1. So, after fumbling around with trying to find a working AV lead, raiding dad's diary for WEP codes, having to reconfigure the accounts for the hacking aftermath and finding out that she'd gotten frustrated with the game because she can't get past the second level, I finally got to play that copy of LittleBig Planet 2 that I'd bought months ago. And it transferred over my Sackgnorc from LBP1, yay!

Finishing Pac-Man World 2 after all these years.

I had forgotten how smexy the soundtrack was:

I'm so glad I kept I kept this game. Even after my PS2 supposedly broke and I gave all my games to charity, this was one of the few I kept, mostly for sentimental reasons, but still a fun game. Except the volcano boss, who I hate with a passion. And yes, the soundtrack is very underrated and I recommend giving at least some of the songs a listen.

But on topic, TF2, Minecraft, Portal 2 co-op, All 3 Paper Mario games, and a practice Wind Waker playthrough.

Edited by Phantomime

Fff...I was playing Sonic Heroes before LBP2, but seeing your status just makes me want to speedrun Boiler Room Doom...yet again. :<

Still playing Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I also started playing through Pac-Man World 2 again last night, I'm determined to beat it this time. Thank you, SockDrawer, for reminding me of that game!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmm......Lots really. World Of Warcraft :), Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3d :), Twilight Princess :), and Mario Kart.

search%3Fq%3Dworld%2Bof%2Bwarcraft%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_enUS408US408%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D503%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&page=1&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=82&ty=41

• Thumbs Up 1

So, the game I bought yesterday was...Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing! :D

...In my opinion, it's kinda average. :/

Attempting to 100% Tales of Vesperia(1000G). 955/1000, nearly finished, this is one of those games that I wish would never stop. After that then AC: Brotherhood. And sometimes I just play a bit of Sonic Unleashed. If I really feel lazy or tired, and not doing much, then just goofing around in Black Ops.

Edited by CobaltBlue

I went back to beat Vanquish on Hard mode (I actually had far more deaths in the normal mode... which is a testament to how much better I've gotten).

I am also still slowly trudging along with Pokemon Black's post-game. still got a ways to go on that.

• Thumbs Up 1