Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

The World Ends With You -Solo Mix-

It's pretty cool so far, it's kinda lacking in directioning but I'll survive.

I replayed Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Both still very entertaining games with endless gameplay. Can't wait for Fallout 4!

Today I purchased: Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris (PS4). Got the Gold Edition. 

An art book, map and a little Lara figure. Not bad for £19.99!

SmUZXXm.png

QLFTucL.png

• Thumbs Up 1

been grinding and powerleveling some of my characters to 255 on Hyrule Warrior. it sure kill the time well too.

I just picked up Game Dev Tycoon today and I already have 8 hours in it. I don't know if it'll be like Sleeping Dogs, where I play for a long ass time one day and never pick it up again, or if it'll be like Dragon Age: Origins, where I play for a long ass time every day for about a month.

It's certainly a fun little game, though. I wish I understood how it assesses the quality of a game a bit better, because there were times when I put forth an absurd amount of effort adjusting the time I spent in each section of the game's development only for it to get a 4/10, and then there were times I made an RPG that had the same sliders as an action game and it got rave reviews. That feels a bit too random for me, honestly.

It'll probably be something like Sleeping Dogs. It's fairly easy to finish, so unless you stick around for a second playthrough you'll probably put it down for a long time.

I love it though, got it on the first day it came out on the creator's storefront.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll probably be something like Sleeping Dogs. It's fairly easy to finish, so unless you stick around for a second playthrough you'll probably put it down for a long time.

I love it though, got it on the first day it came out on the creator's storefront.

I'd just like to take the time to point out that this ended up being the case. It's a fun game, but I tried picking back up on it yesterday and got bored pretty quickly, then the thought of playing it didn't even creep into my mind today. Still a really fun game, though, and it was more than worth the price tag, in my opinion.

Crusader Kings II is one of my favorite games in my library at the moment, and I just picked up the Charlemagne DLC a couple of days ago. Today, I started as a small count in 769, owning a county in what would be modern day Norway. In spite of the many setbacks Norsemen and followers of the Germanic religions have in this benchmark, I managed to start off as a viking without a single ship to his name and worked my way up to forming the kingdom of Norge. This screenshot was while I was still building up the gold reserves to create the title, but the area glowing yellow is where I started, and all of the areas that have the same shade of blue as the highlighted area is what I ended up conquering. That's pretty good, considering I had little to no money flow at the start (Vikings get most of their money through raids, which requires ships, which I didn't have at the time) and only about 400 soldiers.

tdAlFWp.jpg

Sweden is right on my tail in terms of power on the continent of Scandinavia, however, so I'll need to pretty much watch them like a hawk until I'm either ready to declare war on them. If they tried to invade me from where I left off at earlier, I'm pretty screwed. Need to build my base of power back up.

So after what must be two years of putting it off, I decided to finally dive into The Last Story. I'm so far about 10 and a half hours in, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. I was actually a little worried about the controls being a little too complicated, but they're surprisingly easy to grasp after a brief amount of playtime, and the game's regular stream of tutorials for Zael's abilities make it a lot easier to adjust. I'm actually quite enjoying the combat style of the game, and I think it's actually much more merciful and forgiving than most RPGs I've played, giving the characters several lives and chances to be revived, and it's rare that I'll even lose anyone for the duration of a fight. Battles also seem to blow by pretty quickly, not being ridiculously difficult or require much/any grinding (the game is very generous with giving out experience, actually), so while a bit reptitive, it's not tedious.

The story's also quite good; I think I've seen most reviews comment on the story not being anything special in itself, so I'm probably not going to be expecting too many shades of gray in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles, but that it'll be entertaining enough (and so far, it is, and several points in the writing genuinely make me laugh). I quite like the characters actually,  particularly Zael and Calista's interactions, but I'm also quite fond of Mirania and Syrenne as well (two of the main sources of humor, but they can still be taken seriously).

One of my favorite features has actually been being able to color and customize my characters' armor/equipment and I was surprised at the options I have with regards to color palette and even what's visible, such as jackets, without actually changing the effectiveness of the armor. It's nice when several characters will likely end up wearing the same outfit, but you can adjust them just a bit so can be more individualized. I just have a thing for customizing character outfits, I suppose, since this is similarly something I enjoyed in Pokémon Y, and wouldn't mind seeing it expanded upon in other games.

Overall, I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad to finally get around to knocking this out of my backlog and checking all three Operation: Rainfall titles off my list. One thing I will say is that it isn't the prettiest looking game; in fact for a fantasy adventure on the Wii, it's all rather gray and dull looking, and some of the textures are flat and difficult to read in places. It still looks good, mind, and I think the game has some of the best looking character models, just not the greatest looking environments (there are some nice areas though, such as the forest island that shows up around chapter 13 or the Stargazer's Tower from early on).. Consequence of the hardware, I suppose? I dunno, Xenoblade had gorgeous scenery and environments, even if its character models weren't quite as detailed, so I think I just don't find the ones in the Last Story as interesting. I'm sure this game would look quite nice, if it were remade and upscaled for the Wii-U, though.

I picked Don't Starve back up and played it for about 30 minutes, and I gotta admit that the only reason I'm not in-game at the moment is because I'm sleepy. That game really sucks me in.

• Thumbs Up 1

I picked Don't Starve back up and played it for about 30 minutes, and I gotta admit that the only reason I'm not in-game at the moment is because I'm sleepy. That game really sucks me in.

I've been playing it off and on. Love it, and the multiplayer expansion is shaping up well. Game's not for everyone but I find it incredibly charming. 

I've been playing Don't Starve, Majora's Mask and a few other things at the moment. Backlog is slowly being cleared.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been playing it off and on. Love it, and the multiplayer expansion is shaping up well. Game's not for everyone but I find it incredibly charming. 

I have the multiplayer expansion and I played that with my best friend a while back. Gotta say, it seemed to run pretty swimmingly for an early access title. 

I also really adore the art style the game has. It's really unique and does an excellent job of setting the tone the game is trying to achieve. I'm probably going to splurge like crazy on the game this weekend, honestly.

I went back to FF XIV: A Realm Reborn. The Heavensward expansion is coming in 2 months time so I want to at least max out my main before then.

I'm probably not going to buy the expansion on day 1 since its release date clashes with Arkham Knight though.

I recently bought Battlefield 4 and Sonic Heroes.

I have heard that PS2 version of Sonic Heroes (I have it on PS3) is the worst version of the game dueto some graphical issues. But I don't myself see any problems (well, I am not expert with graphics)

Been playing Obsidian's new RPG Pillars of Eternity. I freakin' adore it so far. It's been forever since I played a Pausible Real-Time RPG that wasn't Dragon Age: Origins, which quite honestly was ass, but Pillars is actually really fun.

Currently playing Jak 2 for the first time. It's different from the original but I'm quite intrigued in what I'm seeing so far. I notice the difficulty has also spiked up a bit. It took me a few tries to get to the racing garage within the time limit.

I feel like going back to playing Tales of Xilla again since the last time I beat it three months ago. After that I'll be playing Final Fantasy VII in May and Final Fantasy IX in June.

Been playing Shovel Knight since two days ago on Wii U. I wasn't sure at first because of the whole NES aesthetic, but holy shite did I change my mind quickly once I reached Spectre Knight's stage! This game is amazing, what more could be said? It plays brilliantly, the level design is fun and the music is kickass. My favourite tune is probably Plague Knight's stage, song has been stuck in my head for days. XD

Playing the Nintendo DS version of Puyo Puyo Fever 2.

I was gonna wait until Puyo Puyo Tetris came in the mail before ordering anything else, but I ran out of patience, especially considering I should have gotten it like a month ago. They shipped the right game out...I hope.

So I ordered Puyo Puyo Fever 2. Can barely navigate the menus. Can barely understand anything the characters are saying...

...Yet I love it so very much. The visuals are appealing, and they do enough to show that the characters are quirky as ever, which is a plus in my book.

I also refuse to skip the cutscenes. It's all in Japanese, but I'm very glad I didn't skip them anyways.

Begun playing through my 3ds games last September. Now I'm done with stories of Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire and Mario 3D Land. Currently playing Bravely Default and I'm in Chapter 8. I'll be getting Majora's Mask next.

My friend gave me Freedom Planet a couple of days ago, and I just now got around to playing it this morning. 

I really like what I'm seeing so far, honestly. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing, for starters, and it's on par with a couple of my all time favorites in Chrono Trigger and Cave Story. The gameplay reminds me of classic Sonic, albeit a bit less fast paced - not to say it isn't fast paced, of course, because it is - but it does take itself a bit slower. Still manages to be really addicting, though. The level design is also very reminiscent of classic Sonic, but the levels are much larger, bit more difficult to navigate, and take longer to complete.

I can't emphasize the greatness of the soundtrack enough. It's really, really top notch. When I put that into consideration with the rest of what I've seen so far, I really think I'm going to like this game.

Bought Tomb Raider definitive edition for Xbox One and Deus Ex Human Revolution DC for wii u in light of the sequels announced, really fancied playing through them again!

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't try Deus Ex DC version yet. but i hear the Wii-U version is good. i will probably try on PS3 and Wii-U after all.

Been playing Ocarina of Time on my Wii-U, it sure did aged this game.

I beat Shovel Knight! I got a tad frustrated near the end, especially cos I died during the boss rush and had a huff, but my boyfriend urged me to play on and with about 95 deaths under my belt, I finally did.

And booooy do I regret saying things like "Goddamn this game" and "POS game" because it's FAR from a piece of shit. It's absolutely bloody BRILLIANT. I actually cried at the end, not only because of the amazing ending, but because I felt so awful for swearing and raging at a game that really wasn't unfair; it was just me being impatient and dying so often because of silly maneuvers. The gameplay is near perfect, the graphics are a brilliant throwback to NES days (with superior animations =P), the music is super squeaky but also super catchy and glorious. I. Love. Everything. About this game!!

The only downside, a minor nitpick, is that some of the achievements are ridiculous and I don't think I'll ever attempt any of them. O_o Besides that though this deserves a 9.5/10. Bravo!

• Thumbs Up 2

Got DKC:R a while back and I'm playing it now. Having played quite a bit of the first beforehand, I'm really liking what I'm playing. Barrels of fun, actually, and considering how half of Neogaf has praised Tropical Freeze as an amazing 2D platforming goodness (while the other half is "Retro working fucking Donkey Kong uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhh") I can't wait to try out the sequel sometime soon.

Specifically I recently played the Beach level that has the tidal wave constantly coming in and oh man I really love the overall visual atmosphere that level had. Great music too, and I really like overall that you have to avoid the tide coming in throughout the level, it's a really neat gimmick-specific level.

Man I really do wish Retro Studios got a chance to make a 2D Genesis Sonic sequel, I'd bet they'd be able to make something incredible out of it. Indeed, when I'm using the DK's rolling move in DKC:R I kinda feel traces of a Genesis-styled Sonic game in there and that makes me get all sad. :(

Been playing both Mario Kart 8 and Super Metroid. Mario Kart 8 to finish off some of the Cups in Mirror Mode and getting three stars on each one (which is easier said than done!) and Super Metroid because I wanted another game for my 52 Game Challenge. A game which I haven't beaten ever because it's too confusing for me.. 8(

I'm almost there now though, at Lower Norfair!