Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm enjoying a Pokemon marathon right now, I've gotten up to Platinum so far, and I've also been playing Pokken Tournament. God damn, Pokken is addicting. 

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure (3DS). I have all 37 compatible Skylanders, but I never actually 100% completed the game... but that's all about to change. I just have a few more Radiance Crystals to collect.

Since everyone has been playing Stardew Valley, I just remembered I had a farming simulator I have yet to play more of. And that one is Story of Seasons.

I dunno I just kind of got into it despite it just sitting around. Maybe its because I'm making goals for myself in this game but its enough for me to keep chugging at it. So I managed to get the sewing studio and got sheep for wool so I accomplished that. I actually made my character into a crossdresser and its funny how other characters just like the apron dress my character wears. But hey it made the game a bit more enjoyable for me.

Anyways I'm looking to make more outfits but I need to get Alpacas apparently. And rabbits. And other animals. This is gonna be a pain isn't it?

Finished up Twilight Princess HD 100% the other day, clocked around 43 hours altogether and enjoyed it for the most part. A lot of what annoyed me about the game came back and reared it's ugly face upon this play through, as well as some glaring problems that only surfaced with the remake, namely motion controls for clawshot and bow.

With HW Legends release I've gone back to playing HW on Wii U, it's definitely a time sink but it's still satisfying as hell to lay waste to hundreds and thousands of enemies. Only just gotten Link over level 100 and still need to beat Adventure map (AND all the DLC) but I really need to upgrade the entire cast of characters before I can even bother tackling those maps...

Just waiting for Star Fox Zero now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished Binary Domain... It's gets a little bit too fast and time and two of the missions needed a bit of refinement... but holy hell, this is a amazing experience. I actually regret not buying it at full price!

Highly recommend to anyone who's cool on shooters or just wants an thrilling story.

Binary_Domain_Cover_Art.png

It's not the most impressive game graphically, but the amount of detail put into the world is fantastic. The way the levels are design to accompany the mirroring design man and machine, the way the enemies literally reduce to pieces as you shoot and react where you shoot them. The fact that you can give orders to your teammates and they can react towards you depending on your responses and actions. It's all great.

Plus the story is all fun action movie with deep motions that reflect on conspiracies, sci-fi theories, racism and etc. But it's fun and enjoyable from beginning to end. And goes places you'd never expect it to go on first glance. Plus, yeah. The characters are all fun and both well written and translated.

Again, the faults of the game are that the frame rate does chug at times to an almost crawl, and some of the missions needed a little more refinement. But the thing that hits the hardest is that it ends in a cliffhanger... And this game didn't exactly light the world on fire, so I doubt Sega will follow with the sequel it deserves. 

It also has online multi-player, but I'm not sure if anyone is even playing it online anymore or if the servers are still up. I tried finding a match on my PS3, and came back with squat.

I've been steaming away through Bravely Second, which is... a good game, it doesn't have the obvious flaws of its predecessor, but it still has a few odd decisions which I'm probably going to have to take issue with in a lengthy review once I'm done.  For instance, I feel like the CG opening and even the cover art are trying to sell us on the idea of this game as "Yew and Magnolia's cool adventure!" but the reality is mostly anime and food.  We'll see how the ending changes my impressions, since I'm in the opening stages of what I believe to be the final chapter now...

I've been playing Grand Theft Auto 4 right now and I'm having so much fun with it. I want to beat it and stories from liberty city before moving on to GTA 5 because I only started playing GTA games again in the past year. I had some problems with performance until I upgraded to Windows 10 (Which was to play Sonic 06 on Xenia, but it somehow caused my games to run much faster too) and I don't like how you're constantly losing your car when you go on missions, but otherwise the game is holding up quite well.

Here's some screenshots:

p2NA5K2.jpg

This is from pretty early on in the game but I jumped a highway in a bus without crashing. I'm playing with minimal graphics in this shot because I had those performance issues at the time.

5V0SfBB.jpg

I'm... not sure why, but there's a point on the Algonquin bridge where all the cars just pile up to the side of the road. It's really funny.

lG3iGV3.jpg

Aaand this is something I did yesterday by camping at Playboy's safehouse against the cops where they can't get me. I stole their armored truck lmao.

I've also been playing Sonic Adventure 2, which you'll know by now if you've seen the statuses I've been posting, haha.

I'm playing the WIiU indie game FreezeMe. I was excited to see a new collectathon platformer in the spirit of Mario 64 in this day and age, but man, is it ever subpar. Boring mechanic, average graphics, twitchy controls, uncooperative camera, and grating sound effects. The music's okay, I guess.  I wanna support indie games, especially made by 3D platformer fans, but this game sadly doesn't cut it.

Thankfully, Mega Man Legends 2 came out today on the Playstation Store, so...

I started playing Pokémon HeartGold since I got the Pokéwalker Edition for 30 euros, and it is in really good shape. I believe those are quite valuable these days. B) Yeah, I'm also playing the Julius Mode in Dawn Of Sorrow. It's been a while since I played that game and I just love it so much.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Bravely Second; I'll probably write one of my trademark huge reviews of it, because I think it is a good game that's worth a little analysis, even if nobody ever discusses 3DS games on this forum any more.  I also polished off Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge in short order - another good game, not as brutally hard as it wants you to think, some of the bosses needed a bit more work, if you liked the original you should totally get it - so now I'm playing Super Metroid for the first time ever, which is amazing, and continuing to crawl my way through Lufia: The Legend Returns, a game which is great when you're not in a dungeon and unbelievably boring otherwise.

I really want to read your thoughts on Bravely Second since I`m not sure if I`m going to purchase it.  I put more than 100 hours into Default and enjoyed it alot. I tried Second`s demo but wasn't that impressed after it. I`m looking forward to read your review. ?

I've been meaning to replay several Pokemon games for a while, so in preparation for Sun and Moon later this year, I'm replaying all the games from Sapphire up.

...crud, I forgot that I need to replay Star Fox 64 in preparation for Zero Friday! *runs off to play it*

Been a while since I posted in this thread, so it's time for a MASSIVE UPDATE! Here's all the games I beat in the past couple months along with some opinions on each:

Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets - REALLY funny game and basically feels like an episode of the show, but the short length, generic level design, and mediocre bosses (They're literally all the same boss with very slight variation in tactics and design.) hamper it quite a bit. It's solid from a gameplay standpoint and it's a pretty game to look at, but I'd recommend just watching a playthrough of it to see all the dialogue unless you're an avid GF fan, as that is the game's strongest element. There's just not a lot to it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze - Entertaining mix of a Metroidvania game and the first NES TMNT game that's a fun time for any fans of the show. Almost the entire voice cast is onboard (Including Corey Feldman as Slash, to my delight.) and the music is just great. Downsides are that the Turtle Rescue mechanic is tiresome and the story is just...there. (The press releases claimed that it took place between Seasons 2 and 3, but there are continuity errors galore with unmutated Karai running around free despite eyepatch Tiger Claw being here and other such weirdness.) I'd definitely suggest checking it out if you're a fan of the show or the Turtles in general, though. Especially for the price that Amazon usually has it at: $10.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies - Got REAL addicted to Rare Replay in February (Thanks to that VIP prize pack I won back in January. XD) and this was the first game I beat on it. This was actually my first time playing through this, so I didn't know what to expect except for the stuff that I had seen in old commercials for it looking like a generic kids' Halloween game. It turns out that it's actually a hidden gem! The different take on beat-em-up gameplay is interesting and addictive, the presentation is charming and 100% Rare, the characters and writing are funny, and it's just a blast to throw on and play a bit of at a time. The camera isn't great and it gets REALLY hard at points, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you have or are planning on picking up Rare Replay. This is definitely a game fit for entering the traditional Halloween game rotation alongside all those horror games and the Luigi's Mansions. Might even give it a replay next Halloween, actually.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - I can't get enough of this series. It just consistently makes me smile with every game it releases. From the hilarious and adorable character interaction to the refined RPG mechanics from the previous games to the fantastic Yoko Shimomura soundtrack, I was legit smiling and laughing the whole way through. I can't wait to see where the Bros go next.

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge - Remember that Rare kick I previously mentioned? Well, it made me order the only two Banjo games I'd never owned from Amazon. One of those got cancelled because the seller dropped off the face of the Earth, but Grunty's Revenge got here VERY quickly. I had played and completed this game on an emulator before, but it was definitely a better experience playing it legit on my Micro. If you're a fan of the original Banjo games and have never given it a glance, I'd recommend it. It's like a Lite version of an unmade traditional third Banjo game with lots of the things you'd expect (New transformations, Eggs, NPCs, mini-games, music, etc.) only shorter and more condensed because of the less-powerful system. Definitely scratches that itch for a relatively fresh Banjo platforming experience.

Pokemon Yellow - Replayed this for the 20th Anniversary! All of you already know how this is, so I'll just show off my team and be done with it, but MAN...I am NEVER taking having more than enough item storage in your bag for granted again. Also, the "Pokeballs missing the obvious giant bird" thing. I won't miss that. Ever. TEAM:

2jg165k.jpg

Hyrule Warriors - Rented this one a couple weeks back because I had been interested in it, but my casual Zelda fan-ness prevented me from blowing the $50 or $60 on it previously. Beat the Legend Mode and unlocked all of the non-DLC characters. Really fun, addictive little game. It's really fun just blowing through stuff with all of the different moves and the ever-changing mission objectives are neat. CAN get a bit frustrating, though. (Especially when it seems like you have to be EVERYWHERE taking care of EVERYTHING.) Might pick up Legends later.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - Another great installment in the series with some incredibly fun new mechanics (The Connection Orb method for recruiting new Pokemon is the BEST.) and another, well-written, touching story. Not to be missed if you're a fan of the series.

Pokemon SoulSilver - Another 20th Anniversary playthrough! Here's my final team (Including a Snorlax that I transferred over from HeartGold because to this day, he's still the only non-Gyarados shiny Pokemon I've found legit and I wanted him in on the playthrough fun. Definitely helped with Red. He's a perfect meatshield for healing. XD):

1zv72qd.jpg

Pokken Tournament - Another one I rented and the most recent one I've beaten. Incredibly fun fighting game with lots of Pokemon fanservice. Definitely looking forward to some multiplayer matches once I get it for my Birthday later this year!

As for what I'm currently playing...

Mini-Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge - Got an advanced 3DS code from a giveaway and beat the first couple worlds. It's more of the same Mario vs. DK fun, but made a lot more interesting by the new level mechanics and character skills. Favorite new mechanic so far is either the shooting eggs in Mini-Yoshi's stages or the minecarts in Mini-Diddy's stages.

Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) - As you could probably tell judging by the above, I'm on a bit of a Pokemon kick. I'd never really played much of this game back in the day, so I decided to pick it up on VC and give it a full playthrough. Already has my nostalgia meters soaring and been having a blast playing the old school version of the card game again. Already beat the first couple Club Masters.

Yoshi's Woolly World - Beat the first two worlds before I was distracted by my Pokemon kick and Paper Jam, but aching to get back to it, because it's a lot of fun. Just adorable, charming, creative, and plain old fun. That's a feeling I haven't gotten from a Yoshi game in a long while.

Super Mario Maker - Been having a lot of fun creating and fine-tuning my own levels recently, but I REALLY want to unlock the rest of those Mystery Mushroom Costumes. Expert and Super Expert scare me, though. ;_;

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Playing the Wii U VC version that I've had for a year, but only just now got around to playing. XD This is going to be my first attempt at a complete run and I've already unlocked the first Lost World stage, so let's hope that I'm just as lucky moving on.

Also planning on starting Majora's Mask 3D pretty soon, so yeah...full plate.

Sonic 4, Episode 2 

To my surprise, I'm quite enjoying it. I couldn't go back to playing the classic games anymore. I'll forever love them, but they feel confining when compared to the liberty of movement the new games provide. Plus, the design is beautiful and the gameplay is fluid. 

If Sonic went back to being mainly a 2D game - not entirely, for it could have stages that alternate to a 3D setting when Sonic has to go through certain passages that require a different camera angle -, I think it would be a good thing for the franchise. It's easier to play in 2D because the player can see where Sonic is going and plot his movements ahead.

3D is more complicated. You usually miss jumping at the right time, or ducking, or using boost to reach that sky ring, which breaks the fluidity of the game by forcing Sonic to brake several times in the middle of a super fast run so as to find out where the hell did he end up. Not to mention when you are catapulted by a sudden, unforeseen spring and can't see the ground underneath. I've lost count of how many times I ended up losing my rings because it was IMPOSSIBLE to spot the crab robot lying right where Sonic happened to land.

Such things are more difficult to miss with the perspective 2D gives in terms of scenario.

As I mentioned earlier I've been playing HeartGold on my 3DS. I've beaten SoulSilver on emulator once and I always like to speed up the game a bit. Now that I'm playing it on a console I realized why: Gen 4 games feel so damn SLOOOOOW. xD Believe me, I'm still enjoying my playthrough. It just feels weird after Gen 5 and 6. Maybe that's why I liked B/W and B2/W2 better. I'm also eager to play Day Of The Tentacle Remastered. DOTT was one of the first games I played on PC...20 years ago. :blink:

Been playing a lot of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games on 3DS ever since I got it yesterday. Completed Sonic's Story today and on Day 7 of Mario's. In between breaks of that, I've been playing Sonic Generations on 3DS and I just can't get past Emerald Coast Act 1. That damn whale and wooden bridge!

Just finished 3DS VC Super Metroid (as in, the credits are rolling right now).  It's a very good game; a real pleasure to just get lost in a vast and strange world, and to see how little overt storytelling you can feature in a game while still retaining narrative integrity and a sense of progress; there's absolutely no narrative text outside of the opening scene-setting, and yet you can't say that events do not occur (though admittedly not very many between the opening and ending).  This many years on, it is easy to say that there are a few quality-of-life improvements you could make, and definitely a few hidden items or passageways where one has to ask "how on Earth was I meant to find that?" - but overall, it mostly still holds up, and I had a blast.  And actually... it made me want to go back and play Metroid Fusion, too.  So I think I'll do that next.

Incidentally, Metroid Fusion is also a game I own only through my 3DS.  I am so mad that I missed the boat on Metroid for so many years, like I did for Castlevania, when in fact they were so much my jam that I should go and check they weren't taken straight from my fridge.

Star Fox Zero is awesome, and while I miss Krystal, at the same time, I'm not upset by the loss.

Beck, the Wii U mechanics, while a bit odd to get used to, work very well. I think the "badness" is exaggerated; if I can get used to the controls, they're not had enough.

Been getting back into CS:GO more lately. It's become a almost night thing I do with friends, where at late night we just play matches. It was fun being called hackers for playing gud B)

Anyway, since I'm done reviewing Metal Gear Rising I'm gonna focus on finishing Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition and finally get back to Hyper Light Drifter. Also need to get back into The Division so my friends don't get too ahead of me when I get back to it >_<

I'm currently replaying Metal Gear Solid, with a save that's got the Tuxedo, stealth camo and the bandanna (I beat it once, but that was on a PS3 I don't have anymore and I wanted to play it with all mod cons). Damn, I love that game, even if stealth camo makes some sections a joke.

I'm also getting my first laptop with some real power under the hood next week, so have been amassing a huge Steam backlog through bundles, sales and deal websites to prepare myself.... including...

MGS V: GZ and TPP, Metal Gear Rising, as well as emus for MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, All the Saints Rows, Oxenfree, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, Mad Max, Both Star Wars The Force Unleasheds, Both KOTORs, Stardew Valley, Grim Fandango, Freedom Planet.... as well as a shit tonne of Sonic games and Dolphin and Null DC and... and....

I'M NEVER GOING TO LEAVE THE HOUSE EVER AGAIN AND I LOVE IT.

I finished my Metroid Fusion replay.  Apparently it took me three hours longer than my original playthrough?  Huh.  Great game, though, even if it is too railroady at times, and even if Samus's sprite is ugly as sin.  I really enjoyed the creepy atmosphere.  Hard to believe that Nintendo is so determined to miss a trick by not making any more 2D Metroids; judging from the half a dozen Kickstarters for essentially the same concept, it's clear that there is a major gap in the market here.

Currently playing, Yu-gi-oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival 3DS game on my New Nintendo 3DS XL. Been playing (or should I say dueling in other words) for hours in Free Duel mode using my deck full of Mecha Phantom Beast cards. \(^o^)/