Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Been addicted to Ratchet & Clank (2016). It's a great game, and I agree that it's superior to the film (though I'd argue that if you're a fan of the franchise, you should see the film at least once).

If you're to start the series, here's my suggestion; start with this game, to to the PS2 sequels, and work out the continuity differences in your head.

I've been playing a lot of Eternal Darkness today. Needless to say because I forgot what to do lead me into interesting scenarios.

When I got the Paul Luther's chapter I totality forgot to explore every nook and cranny and somehow I managed to forget to grab the mace so I ended up punching zombies before I managed to get the two handed sword. And gosh darn Roberto's chapter is a pain in the butt for forcing you to servery the area before you can beat the level which lead to me doing a lot of backtracking for a long time. It doesn't help that Roberto is pretty slow like Paul with the only good thing is that he has more health than the latter.

Game is still pretty fun as I remembered.

Still sinking some time into Project CARS for the racing genre with Assetto Corsa right behind due to the combined Nurburgring layout on both games. Really enjoying Ori and the Blind Forest as well. I also still need to beat MGS V Phantom Pain though.

Thanks to the Humble Bundle I got two weeks ago, I'm starting to play Shantae And The Pirate's Curse.

Pretty fun so far.

Been playing The Bourne Consipiracy since yesterday and it's been decent, enjoying the game so far.

It seems to follow The Bourne Identity movie fairly well to the point where I wonder why they called it Consipiracy instead of Identity. Until I got up to the Zurich mission and can't remember that in the film at all. To get this out of the way, Jason Bourne does not look like Matt Damon or indeed the other interpertation of him (the 1988 TV movie) and looks like more like Ethan Hunt from the Mission Impossible games. I know why the developers have done it (Matt Damon didn't want anything to do with this game, he would have prefered an adventure game rather than a cover shooter/brawler) but it is a bit jarring at first, have got used to it though.

Graphics looks decent to good for an early pre-trophy PS3 game and ran fine mostly. A few cutscenes were poorly encoded though with black issues affecting the characters. Did encounter a crash on a loading screen and a 5GB installation seems to be a lot. I'm guessing the entire game has to be installed onto the hard drive, it seems right judging by some 360 games that I've installed that can get to 8GB (more if it is a multi disc game). Very little problems with the controls apart from that it takes a bit to put your weapon away.

I've been finding doing the takedowns fun even though it is just pressing O since it does vary with the environment and some are great to look at. One thing that I would have liked would have been the ability to attack another enemy from behind that isn't a QTE. One issue that I noticed is that it is hard to do a stealth takedown since the enemy can seem to sense you but it just means that the AI is actually fairly good in this game and this is on the easiest difficulty setting. Missions have been great and varied, all enjoyed the settings so far.

This is perhaps the only Bourne game around (unless there is an obscure PC game relating to the book somewhere).

Currently playing My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's my first Picross game and at first was hard to do but now I'm getting the hang of it. So satisfying to complete a puzzle. Music is pretty nice to listen to while working on them.

• 2 weeks later...

More than a year after buying it, I finally found the time to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.  I'm in the jungle area, the exact spelling of the name of which I forget; a few thoughts so far:

• You sure do kill a lot of animals in this game.
  • These huge sprawling locations, while impressive, are perhaps a bit too sprawling for the movement speed; likewise, while you don't have to do all the many many quests, I always feel like I should, so the result is that I'm getting kind of bogged down in the minutiae here.
  • Hearing a very obviously British cast doing the voice acting is surprisingly refreshing.
  • Boy, the minimap sure is useless, except for the few times when it's useful, at which point it's merely not useful enough.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been playing a lot of Fallout New Vegas recently. Gameplay is fun. I've been killing a lot of radioactive effect creatures (A few particular enemies are really annoying, especially if they gang up on you)  and Raiders, Taking what stuff they've got and trading them in for Caps. I've met a few factions like the NCR, the great Khans, powder gangers and Caesar's Legion but haven't met Caesar himself yet.

I'm currently playing (and streaming) Primal, originally a PS2 game which is now playable on PS4.

QocECWy.jpg

It's an action adventure game, mixture of puzzle solving and combat. You play as Jen a badass girl who goes around kicking some demon ass. You also play as Scree who is a gargoyle... :) 

For a PS2 game the graphics look nice, has an engaging story, pretty good voicing acting too. I still love the atmosphere and beautiful locations. Looks decent on PS4.

It been a few years since I last played it, but I still remember where all the collectables are. The combat feels dated and whilst it does look nice on PS4 some or the glitches (mainly sound) remain. Far from being annoying I find them endearing, haha. Not bad for £6.

Primal was never made available on PS3 via the UK PS store (only in NA), so I'm glad they finally brought it to PS4 in the UK. Especially as it's my favourite PS2 game!

A few days ago I stumbled across a free and surprisingly fun little platformer called Khimera: Destroy all Monster Girls. It plays a bit like a less-polished Shovel Knight, in that it's got a kinda "Megaman but a melee character" setup. Platforming's pretty solid, combat's a little rough but not unplayably so, and there's a good amount of collectables, secrets, and rankings to give some meat to an otherwise kinda short game. The main problem is getting used to your surprisingly short-ranged attack; it can be a bit tricky to get close enough to hit guys without putting yourself inside of them, and the fact that your attacks have knockback complicates things further. Once you start to get a feel for it (and pick up the charge shot) things start to fall into place and it ends up being pretty enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just played an hour and a half of Marlow Briggs & The Mask Of Death and I'm convinced it's a work of genius. Seriously check it out if you like explosions. 

That said, I'm also playing MGS V at last, and it's the best looking videogame I've ever seen. If only I didn't suck at it, but it also plays like a dream so I feel like sooner or later I will be The Greatest Soldier Ever. I'm still in the early game, but I threw a smoke grenade at five dudes, CQC'd them all, extracted a prisoner then legged it out of a base dodging enemy fire, threw my prisoner at a guard to stop him shooting at me, then jumped on my horse and fled to my helicopter, which was playing Born To Run as it landed. 

I also love figuring out its systems, and how to exploit them. I'm still getting used to these open ended puzzles of bases and guard posts, but they're amazing in how open and responsive to improvisation they are. And when you get it right, it feels so good. 

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan is actually pretty fun. While I can see why some might be saddened by the lack of offline co-op, it never bothered me considering getting to play multiplayer of any sort is a rarity.

But do not go in expecting a masterpiece, or else you will be disappointed.

Currently playing Far Cry 2 and well it is a bit mixed.

Africa isn't really a nice place to look at (at least the generic Africa setting in the game, actual Africa is more varied) where it is a lot of brown and grey in various tones throughout the game. Weirdly it sort of making it the black sheep of the mainline series (Blood Dragon and Primal are spinoffs) when 3 and 4 are more inspired by the first mixed with typical Ubisoft RPG elements. Honestly, they look more brighter and have more colour. Technically it seems solid so far and from what I've read seems to be better than Far Cry 3 and 4 on the console and much better than crash prone Far Cry Classic.

The mechanics while being a bit more unique seem to affect the game (malaria, jamming guns), it is no good when they trigger when the enemy seems to be laser pointing towards you and fighting them off with rubbish guns that take a fair few bullets to get down. Oh and didn't I tell you that they respawn too? It is annoying when they get into your jeep, shoot you, shoot them back but causes it to slow down and be smoky thanks to shooting it, repairs it and another enemy triggers along the way. This is also on the easiest difficulty, I imagine that the hard difficulties will be extremely tiresome to play. I think even the designer of the game admitted this. I did like the ability of holding your map as a map, even in a vehicle as well as the ability to repair your vehicle yourself though.

I do like the map in the game and that there is a buddy system to make it slightly easier (only slightly as in that they give you back to life once!), missions seem okay, story is a bit eh but understandable considering that many countries in Africa do this in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Portal. I thought I'd have to face GlaDOS. I was shivering as I went inside the final chamber.

Now I'm moving to Portal 2.

LOL! GlaDOS is a lot worse to me in the sequel. She's spewing so much nasty shit at me, chamber after chamber. 

And here I thought I'd seen the worst of her in Portal 1...

I'm on a quest playing LeafGreen. One of my favorite Pokemon games and I love the GBA era. My current party is: 

Venusaur, Vaporeon, Primeape, Pidgeotto and Pikachu (evolving soon into Raichu).

I should finish Majora's Mask 3D some day. Somehow I just haven't been into it in a while.

Well, just bought the HD remake of Twilight Princess on the eShop the other day so I'll be playing that when I get the time.

By the way, the eShop version is $49.99, doesn't that make it $10 cheaper than the version in stores?

I've been playing different games recently.

I restarted my Pokemon Colosseum file again because I felt so ill-prepared for the final boss, cause I wanted Medicham to deal with a certain Slaking but I didn't felt like grinding up to that point so back into it again! I also did notice the similarities to Wes and Shun Kurosaki so there's his name. I can't decide on a Water type either. I want to use Mantine or Octillery but Quasire is makes the game easier. So I don't know yet.

And I just bought Resident Evil 4 again cause it was on sale on the PSN store. Either its harder than I remember or that I'm not used to the controls but it has been kicking my ass. I used to be able to beat this game on hard mode, with just the knife too so maybe its the latter plus a lot of rust. But its been pretty enjoyable regardless.

Currenting mixing with Call of Juarez and Condemned, both on the 360.

Condemned seems to be okay. It's a first person weapon/melee game with some investigating set in dark and dismal places, looks fine, plays fine and performs well. I am enjoying the game but could have enjoyed it more. Temporary leaving it as the disc had to be cleaned even though I got half way through the game but will be shortly back. Didn't find it scary though...

As for Call of Juarez, I've already played the other two games (Gunslinger which was pretty good and Bound in Blood that was good but suffered from hard duels and that cannon mission) but it seems the first game has some differences. It has some physic moving segments where it looks a bit silly but works well. It has stealth sections that I don't think work very well and plenty of times I got shot that I couldn't see (a common thing for FPS however in this case, some of the enemies blend in with the background such as caves). Also on one mission, it was going fine and then it suffered from really bad performance. Not slowdown but stuttering every 5 seconds trying to move and shoot until it loaded the cutscene with the saloon. Then again it was Techland's first console game and having a Polish made game in 2006 on the 360 was pretty unusual at the time (unlike later on when CD Projekt Red, People Can Fly and City Interactive all joined in), I put it down as inexperience. Even with that blip, it controlled fine and looked quite good actually. I've liked the characters in the game, it also helps that I've played Bound in Blood first so storywise it made more sense.

• 1 month later...

Tonight I finished Dementium Remastered, having picked it up a couple of days ago after neglecting it for a while due to getting stuck on the wheelchair boss - my failing being, judging by my eventual victory, that I had yet to "get good."  It has atmosphere in buckets, but the game is actually deeply repetitive, alas, and the hospital loses all sense of place amid one's endless wanderings.  I don't regret playing it, though, but it certainly pushed me out of my comfort zone; rarely do I play a shooter.

That leaves me with a backlog of... well, I never get the Monster Hunter games but I always get the demos and try to master all the weapons, for some reason.  Then there's Lufia: The Legend Returns, which I started, let me see, getting on for a year ago now... oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, which I think I'm perhaps halfway through.  What's that, you say?  Not one but two Dragon Quest games are coming out for the 3DS this year?  I think I need to stop liking RPGs...

Since the Red Pack has been released for the PC version of Assetto Corsa I've been putting some more time into that racing game. MGS V's story mode still needs to be beaten on my end on the PC. I got the "bad" ending of Inside after my first playthrough and that was a dark game. Between my current job, job interviews, and real life in general I was lucky to have ticked off one of my games in my Steam library.

well I was just playing Zelda 2 on my new NES toaster model (ordered via GameStop), and I got really lucky in this single attempt:

• Got the decanter in Death Mountain
  • Levelled up my stats to Attack 7, MP 8, HP 8 (twice from killing Volvagia)
  • Got the final decanter in Kasuto from the Village Elder
  • Got the Spell magic
  • Got the Magic Key
  • Killed Carock and the Giant
  • Got through Three-Eye Rock in the first go (lost three lives but I got a spare in the Temple itself)
  • Got the Cross (Wait, Link's Catholic in the NES games?!)
  • Killed Volvagia and leveled up twice for slaying him (How many times has this dragon died?  I mean he was dead before Ganondorf revived him in OoT, then Link killed him in the Fire Temple, but now he's back?)
  • Got the Thunder magic in Old Kasuto
  • Saved & Quit game

So now I'm on the road to the Great Temple, fighting Bolba and Dark Link, and waking Zelda "I"

since she's not Ithe first Zelda in the timeline

I've been playing HeartGold lately but it has been more of a struggle than ever. I didn't remember how painful and slow it is to level up your party in these. After Y and AlphaSapphire the previous gens just haven't felt very enjoyable to me, I still love B/W and B2/W2. Oh well, just beat the last gym yesterday. I hope I can beat this thing once more. I used to love Gen2/4. 

My answer to the question can be summarized in one word: Overwatch.

I have been playing this game since mid June and I haven't stopped playing it ever since. Currently going through Competitive Play, sitting at Level 56 in CP and Level 50 in general. I could go on about how much I am enjoying this game but I think I'll leave all of that to be posted in its official topic. Hopefully there should be some members around here to play the game with. =)

Worth mentioning two recent game completions: Kirby Planet Robobot and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. The former game, all I can say is that it has been a mind-blowing experience as a fan of the series and definitely a game to recommend to anyone interested in the franchise (prior playthrough with Triple Deluxe recommended). As for Majora's Mask I have had this one pending for quite some time and I managed to finish it very recently; quite an interesting, intriguing and dark take in the series, yet I still liked the game even with all the pros and cons seen in the N64 Zelda games.