Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I managed to complete all the Riddler missions in both Arkham Knight and City. My brain felt like it was turning to paste, but I prevailed and now I have completed all the Batman Arkham games. Next up on my list is getting Super Sonic in Colors and Lost world. But since the latter is so darn hard to get some of those red rings, I might hold off until after colors. They are the only 2 Sonic games I have not completed all the way through, excluding the main story mode

Just started to get back into Animal Crossing New leaf just recently. I'm currently amending a path way for my citizens since its been on mind for sometime.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've just finished Gurumin (3D): A Monstrous Adventure, from the 3DS eShop.  It's a game I wasn't sure about getting, at first... but having finished it, I don't regret buying it one bit; what a cute game.  It's a low-key adventure story with oddball characters, a drill, and a lot of heart.  The gameplay, in truth, often feels a bit janky, with ridiculously obscure secrets and enemies and NPCs which appear to move at an astonishingly low framerate - and there's no way I'm replaying it even once, let alone the five or so times you have to to unlock everything.  But one playthrough is plenty of fun, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Next up, I suppose, is Pokemon Moon - oh wait, no it's not, because for some reason it comes out next week in Europe, rather than tomorrow, which is not just impolite but highly personally inconvenient for various reasons.  So...  I guess I'll be making a start on Dragon Quest VII 3D, instead; apparently it's a genuine hundred-hour RPG, so I figure I'll be interrupting my playthrough of it a few times regardless, but I'd still rather not have had to.  But I'm sure I'll enjoy it; the DS Dragon Quest IV-VI remakes were quite incredible, and since DQVII follows on from them, I expect only the best.  (...Dragon Quest IX was weak, but let's brush over that.)

• Thumbs Up 1

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Recently finished all the 3D Zeldas, so now I'm tackling the 2D ones. Already got the Master Sword and beat Agahnim so now it's time for some Dark World shenanigans I guess. 

I just replayed Layton vs. Wright. When I first played it a few years ago, I wasn't as familiar with Layton as I am now, so this felt like a slightly different experience. On the positive side, the ending/major plot revelations don't feel as out of place anymore; the story is simply borrowing more from Layton's style than Ace Attorney's. And that's fine.

Spoiler

Although the 'falling asleep at the sound of silver' thing is still really contrived and nonsensical, even by Layton standards.

But on the not-so-good side: man, these puzzles were LAME. I almost never felt any need to use a hint coin or even use the memo function. Why do I need these things when so many puzzles are either super simple or literally impossible to fail? In a regular Layton game, a puzzle worth fifty or more picarats is a good sign that you'll need to decipher some clever trick before spending ten minutes scribbling down notes in order to solve it. Here? Eh, maybe you'll need to solve a maze that will take you slightly longer than normal. Maybe. Either way, you can't fail it, so no worries.

And yet, the Ace Attorney gameplay is fine. Hell, great even. Having multiple witnesses shakes things up nicely, and a lot of the contradictions were noticeable harder to deduce than usual (sometimes they were a little too obtuse though), and I loved how hint coins and picarats were implemented. Why couldn't the Layton-side of the game get such cool twists? Why not have more puzzles that use contradictions? I get not wanting to have super-hard puzzles in a crossover game with a potentially different audience, but I feel like there could have at least been more variety to them. I mean hell, I don't think I ever once saw a sliding puzzle. Isn't a Layton game without sliding puzzles a sign of the apocalypse?

Currently playing Condemned 2: Bloodshot and might have to drop the game. It looks better than the first game but there are issues really putting me off the game... It's to do with the visuals. The motion blur is very annoying and makes it hard to see anything in the game combined that on the default setting, you can't even see the enemies since they blend in with the background. I had to turn the "brightness" up just to see the enemies better even though the game recommends not doing that. You can't turn off the motion blur either. Then there's your character. He is slow to react/move and swear that this game has a lot of input lag (this is the 360 version) making it hard to try to attack enemies or to cancel out the gadget. Makes it worse that the enemies are quick and can kill you almost instantly. It's like you're a sloth while the enemies are drugged up Bruce Lee. It's also much harder than the 1st game and I'm only on the 2nd level. There was one cheap moment in the first game where an enemy can kill you instantly after a certain save point in the apartment level but here it feels like the entire game is cheap.

Shame since last night, I finished Captain America: Super Soldier and enjoyed playing that. A few minor issues such as prompts aren't always displaying in the platforming segments but everything else was fine. Good graphics and setting, decent controls, really liked the characters and how each area feels different.

Pokemon Moon, natch.

About 2 years ago, I attempted to set up a regular daily routine. A daily routine that included such things as an hour of exercise, an hour of reading, and an hour of video games. For the most part, I've had no problem maintaining said routine.

Pokemon Moon broke it utterly. Over the past week I've clocked in over 20 hours, and over half of that was from today and yesterday. New Pokemon games have always been hard to put down for me, and I dunno why I expected this one to be any different.

Not that I have any regrets. It's SOOOOOO good, just like all the other games that came before it. ^_^ I'll get back to the ol' routine next week.

Mischief Makers. 

I've had this game sitting around for over a year due to my immense backlog and I'm just now getting around to it, I'm aiming to achieve the true ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, NanoRim said:

Mischief Makers. 

I've had this game sitting around for over a year due to my immense backlog and I'm just now getting around to it, I'm aiming to achieve the true ending.

Is this the first time you've ever played it?

Because oh man, to play Mischief Makers again for the first time...what a fantastic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. So far, I'm up to World 5. It's a pretty fun game, but it's more harder than it should be, due to the motion controls (although, they aren't too bad here, imo.). 

There's also a total of 50 minigames in the package as well! Sadly, a lot of them feel like they were rushed and don't control well, although there are still some decent one. Monkey Wars FTW!

3 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Is this the first time you've ever played it?

Because oh man, to play Mischief Makers again for the first time...what a fantastic game.

Nope, I've played it a little bit around the time I initially got it but I don't recall getting that far so it still has that new game feel. : 3 

Pokemon Moon. It's been quite awhile since I've played the last pokemon release (ORAS) and it's a real kicker to finally get back into those routes of style. I managed to reach Maumau City and I'll be doing a long marathon of it sometime tomorrow since I really wish to experience more of the game itself and to not get spoiled among the story. I've been doing the best I can to avoid spoilers of the game so far and it's really paying off.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dance Dance Revolution: SuperNova is a fun little timekiller. I admit, I'm using a controller rather than playing the game the "proper" way. Good thing, though; some of those steps are hard enough on a controller, and I can't picture my feet being anything other than shredded even attempting them on a dance pad.

Spelunky. It's extremely frustrating, and yet at the same time, so damn fun. I only managed to get as far as Ice Caves, but even then, that was only once.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get to the last area soon, as well as unlock all the hidden characters. It's multiplayer battle mode is also super fun as well. I just wish it had online multiplayer, but oh well. It's still great fun locally as well.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Started playing Rise of Lyric the other day. For all it's faults, I think it's okay so far. At worst, I'd call it mediocre.

Of Course things could change; the first boat section was terrible - I hope there's not more.

I've been playing Undertale these past few days and attempted the Genocide route. Obviously, I was stomped in the fight against Undyne until I finally beat her by sheer luck  (and a large dose of blind stubborness).

I'm happy to report that three days ago, I finally made it to Asgore's castle. I made a total of 54 attempts to beat Sans until I finally got tired of having my a** handed back to me by a sarcastic skeleton in slippers with only with 1 HP. 

Overall, it was a good fight. And I love Megalovania. Sans is a tough son of a b**ch. He's made the Genocide route worth playing to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Final Fantasy XV, but I'm taking a break from it today. 

I'm enjoying the game but there are some really annoying parts to the fights, like not seeing what the hell is going on when you're fighting a swarm of Magitech troopers, and being forced to just hold down phase lest you get thrown around like a rag doll. Then there's the trees and bushes that are guaranteed to block your entire screen if you start fighting anywhere near them. And lastly feeling too slow when fighting massive daemons that move like crackheads on steroids... among other things. 

For me personally the selling point of this game was definitely the visuals and quality of everything, and thats worth something. The narrative is hard to follow, and this is coming from the guy that usually has to explain everything to other people when it comes to movies and game narratives. I feel like it doesn't explain things well, and the important things are skimmed through really quickly. Like I dont understand why they feel sorry for Luna "taming" the six, or whatever? Or who exactly is the highest authority of Luna's home (can't remember the name right now) if its her as oracle or the old guy in the white robes... among other things again.

Eh, but I'm still enjoying it despite these things. Can't wait to beat it.

Welp, I've finally just about finished all there is to do in Pokemon Sun and Moon, so it's time for me to tackle my massive backlog, starting with the indie game Ninja Pizza Girl. It's a fairly simple platforming game, but I love the sort of cyberpunk atmosphere surrounding it.

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav. I like Deadalic's games, and I've always wanted to learn about the Dark Eye universe. So far it's a good adventure game; if a little pixel hunt-y at time. But the English voice acting is so flat and dry.

Finished Ninja Pizza Girl. Really liked it. The gameplay was fun, if not a tad basic. There were also some surprisingly intense and poignant moments. As someone who suffers from a severe inferiority complex and constant social anxiety, the main character really spoke to me.

After that, I began playing Gurumin 3D. I was really looking forward to it, but...I don't like it. Like, at all. The story and characters, despite their cute appearances, are all dull as dirt. You'd hope the platforming gameplay would make up for it, but it's not only basic, it's boring. Not only that, but the voice acting is horrendous. I've never heard such great actors as Quinton Flynn and Amber Hood give such lifeless performances. Throw in some Sonic Chronicles-esque sound glitches, and you have all the makings of a subpar game. What a shame. This goes right in the "Disappointing 2016 games" pile alongside Star Fox Zero and Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam.

Next, though...Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero! I know my girl Shantae won't let me down.

Finished Pokémon Moon today, and it really was an experience of anger, frustration and worries. I just love Sun & Moon so much for how much it has been since I actually managed to complete a Pokémon game without any event distribution mons, but only ones you caught throughout the game. Hard, but definitely was worth playing.

• 1 month later...

Pokémon Platinum. I used to own copies of both Diamond and Platinum back in the day when I still had my DS Lite. I really got attracted by Sinnoh region back then and clocked  a crazy amount of hours in both games. Unfortunately, I sold my DS and every single game years back. Now that I have had a 3DS for a few years, I wanted to visit Sinnoh once again and luckily found a barely used Platinum for really cheap. I always chose Piplup in both Diamond and Platinum, but this time wanted to try Turtwig. I have very good and lovely memories from this game, especially the music, which I find very different from other Pokémon main series games, still warms my heart. I hope we will once see Sinnoh remade.