Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Super Mario World. Earlier this week I had no computer for 3 days, so I spent the whole time playing retro games, and this was the one I was most addicted to since my old saved data was lost, so I've played through the whole game again. Today I've gone back to try and complete the final boss.

Super Mario World. Earlier this week I had no computer for 3 days, so I spent the whole time playing retro games, and this was the one I was most addicted to since my old saved data was lost, so I've played through the whole game again. Today I've gone back to try and complete the final boss.

Super Mario World is a classic. SNES forever! Screw the Wii!

Super Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game ever, but the classics are still quite good.

I really want to play a Star Ocean game, which one is your favorite and which one should I start off with? I'm planning on getting the SO1 remake for PSP, but do I need to play them in a certain order or can I play them in any order?

And with the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata, I heard it's not too different from the 360 version, the only things I heard were PS3-exclusive were an extra dungeon and a few exclusive characters.

I've never played any other Star Ocean game, but 4 is like a prequel so you really don't need to know any background story to play it.

Super Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game ever, but the classics are still quite good.

I still think "quite good" is an understatement. But then again that's coming from someone who actually enjoyed Sunshine and Mario 64 DS. What's wrong with them anyway? :(

I am currently playing mega man 1-6. Yeah thats right I am playing those 6 right now. Obviously not at once but I go back and forth with each of them.

I fixed my Pokemon Silver cart, so I'm replaying that.

Fark yeah my Jigglypuff kicks Poke-ass.

Critics say that the Sonic games get worse with time, while the Mario games get better.

For me, it's the opposite. Sonic games get better with time, and Mario games get worse.

I'm playing the original Super Mario Bros., and it's way better than Galaxy, IMO.

I find the original SMB mostly unplayable now. Same with the grand majority of NES games, save a couple like SMB3 and Kirby's Adventure.

Hmm... the odd thing is, I'm older than you... so I can't blame nostalgia or I'd feel the same way...

*cannot comprehend* >.<

SMB is so boring nowadays. SMB3 is far more playable! And Galaxy? Pfff, incredible. INCREDIBLE I SAY.

Anyway, I finished playing Sonic Rush, which didn't take me too long. Hmm, now I'm still thinking what I'll play next.

*automatically switches back to CoD obsession mode* So...addicting...

I still think "quite good" is an understatement. But then again that's coming from someone who actually enjoyed Sunshine and Mario 64 DS. What's wrong with them anyway? :(

People never gave Sunshine a fair shake. It’s really a great game and really fun. 64 DS is also a fun little romp. On the opposite end of the spectrum is Galaxy which disgusts me in its overrated existence. It is nowhere near a bad game, but every time someone chalked up a 9.8 for it I died a little inside.

It is an 8.5 tops for me *sniped*

May not be a 9.5 for me but it's definitely above a 9. Best game of the generation =3.

It is an 8.5 tops for me *sniped*

Yeah, Galaxy didn't do as much for me as everyone says it does, =/. I completely agree that it is an awesome game and such, it's just not 9.8 in my opinion. I don't really know why it is that way for me either, XD. Bah, maybe I should beat it again sometime.

Anyways, I've been playing a lot of Star Fox lately. I've always wanted to try to get into the series ever since Star Fox 64 released, but I've never really had the chance to get it or I'd always forget to go pick it up, X_x. Either way, I bought it on the Virtual Console the other day and I'm having a blast, ^_^. Still trying to get more over to that left side of the story, but I keep screwing up or losing, XP. Still a lot of fun though.

And at the same time, I'm also playing Star Fox Adventures too, since it was only 5 bucks at Gamestop. The presentation is a little weird with the whole Dinosaur thing, but it's still a lot of fun. If I can find it anywhere, I'd really like to pick up Assault and Command too. Lastly on Star Fox, I'd wish Nintendo would put the original Star Fox on Virtual Console already, it's starting to piss me off, >=/.

Once I'm done with all this Star Fox stuff though, I really want to beat Okami again, since I haven't played it since last summer. It might honestly be my favorite game of all time, =o.

-Blur

I was playing Punch out on my Wii VC...

But for some reason my Wii mote randomly powers down while I am playing... that's no good for a game like Punch out. I don't have this problem with any other games except Warioware Smooth Moves, but it doesn't happen as often as it does with Punch out. Also I played through classic mode with the wii mote on it's side in Brawl and it didn't power down except once in the second to last fight.... I don't get it. I got a wii remote charger...

And at the same time, I'm also playing Star Fox Adventures too, since it was only 5 bucks at Gamestop. The presentation is a little weird with the whole Dinosaur thing, but it's still a lot of fun.

-Blur

Another vastly underrated title. By no means does it have much to do with the core StarFox formula, but that doesn’t stop this game from being an absolute gem to me. 5 dollars is a steal for the entertainment you’ll get out of it. People just like to hate it cause its different.

I’m back to playing Unleashed and Brawl. I am taking my time mastering some stages in the former, and working to expand my already needlessly large main cast in the latter.

Good times.

I've already beaten Brawl and unlocked all the characters and such, and I've played with all of them (not just in Adventure Mode), but I'm taking time to get better with the characters I don't normally use, such as Mario or Wario.

When I first got Brawl I mained Random for about 2 months until I had played as every character at least 5 times before decided who to use primarily.

In the end I chose Sonic because even though he sucks he's my favourite game character. Funny how things work that way.

but I'm taking time to get better with the characters I don't normally use, such as Mario or Wario.

Yeah, thats what I'm doing now. I felt like going back to learn the new styles of characters I main'ed back in Melee like Capt Falcon and Fox (whom I replaced in brawl with Sonic and Wolf).

My brother is working on expanding his roster to include a few more characters, so I am trying to keep up.

In the end I chose Sonic because even though he sucks he's my favourite game character. Funny how things work that way.

lol, my friends see me use Sonic in Brawl, and then they say Sonic is a cheap character because he's so good (whenever I use Sonic, I pretty much always win). And then one of them tries to use Sonic and complain how he sucks.

That's what happens most of the time.

Yeah, thats what I'm doing now. I felt like going back to learn the new styles of characters I main'ed back in Melee like Capt Falcon and Fox (whom I replaced in brawl with Sonic and Wolf).

I never played Melee much; I never owned the game and only played it at friends' houses. In Melee, since I didn't really know how to play at the time, I just stood at the side as Mewtwo and kept spamming Shadow Balls.

When I found he wasn't playable in Brawl, I started using random, and then decided that my favorite characters were Pit, Meta Knight, and Fox. After that, I tried others, and that's when I found that they weren't the only good characters. (*Gasp!*)

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are awesome because of their Falcon or Warlock punches.

I got really good at Melee. No one on campus could touch me when I threw down with Fox. (although the fact that he was grossly overpowered helped). I even beasted with Kirby because no one knew what to expect.

When brawl came around and I found out Fox was tamed, I decided to take an approach to a wider array of characters. Sonic (cause he’s fast and SmashBall of the gods) Wolf (good reach and heavy) Pk Trainer (Ivysaur + Charizard = Win) Lucario (good counter, Aura Sphere) and Bowser (he’s pretty good 1 on 1) all made the cut. I also dabble in Kirby and Meta Knight.

While its not as tactical as Melee was, Brawl allows you to be a bit more creative in your combos which I like for leisurely competitive fights.