Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Half of me misses competetive Melee. Half of me says good riddence. Some of the community can be so arrogant about their advanced techs and their "everyone sucks at Melee if they don't wavedash" etc.

lol, my friends see me use Sonic in Brawl, and then they say Sonic is a cheap character because he's so good (whenever I use Sonic, I pretty much always win). And then one of them tries to use Sonic and complain how he sucks.

Nope, Sonic sucks, just sounds to me like you're a much better player than your friends! :lol:

And Sonic is not cheap. Sonic's just FAST.

Kirby and Pit are great for annoying enemies. Pit can fly really high, reflect projectiles, and he's got the Angel Ring move which can keep going. Also, his smash attacks move really quickly. Kirby's hammer is like another smash attack, the rock move is a great way to send enemies flying as well as to avoid harsh attacks.

Bowser's another one. If you're doing a stock match, and you've killed the other person once, you can go kamikaze and use Bowser's side special where he grabs an opponent and jumps off the stage. Match'll be over pretty quickly.

I love the Pokemon Trainer, because it's like having three different characters in one, and switching Pokemon is another great move for dodging harsh attacks, such as final smashes.

(@Sega DogTagz - When you said "Pk Trainer", I immediately thought of "Pk Fire", and I wondered if "Pk Trainer" was another move I hadn't heard of. And then I realized it was Pokemon Trainer, lol. XD)

Nope, Sonic sucks, just sounds to me like you're a much better player than your friends! :lol:

And Sonic is not cheap. Sonic's just FAST.

I don’t think Sonic sucks, he just requires a different play style. He doesn’t have the move set to go toe-to-toe with the better characters but he can push the pace and force others into making mistakes. His side smash is pretty good when you take advantage of Sonic’s speed and put him in position to get kills.

But Sonic is defiantly cheap with his SmashBall and freakish speed. :lol:

(@Sega DogTagz - When you said "Pk Trainer", I immediately thought of "Pk Fire", and I wondered if "Pk Trainer" was another move I hadn't heard of. And then I realized it was Pokemon Trainer, lol. XD)

I did too, and I wrote the thing.

On a completely unrelated note, I despise both Ness and Lucas.

Sonic's very hard to use, but even then he's still low tier; and there's no denying the existence of tiers, even if you ignore them.

Sonic's not necessarily low-tier, it's just that you need a lot more experience to handle someone like him.

On a completely unrelated note, Ness and Lucas are awesome, even though their recovery moves are crud.

No, Sonic is definitely low tier. As in on the tier list, he's near the bottom. Needing more experience enters the equation too.

Personally, I've always just used Fox.

Anyways, I'm fast approaching the 60 hour mark on Disgaea, despite only being halfway through Chapter 11. Damn transmigration.

Also, King of Fighters '98 has (once again) taken over my life.

Edited by Tornado

I'd play Galaxy over any of those anyday. ;)

That's right, Wii FTW. =D

I don't like the Wii as much as the other Nintendo consoles, but I will admit there are some fun games on it, and my favorite Mario game of all time is a tie between Super Mario World and Super Mario Galaxy. I just don't understand why Galaxy gets so much hate though.

Galaxy is hated? All in all, it's still a pretty good game. While I thought the game wasn't as good as the classics, the critics obviously thought differently. Other people here either like it, but not as much as other games, or love it.

I've never heard anyone say that they dislike Galaxy.

Neither have I. O.o Except maybe...2 people.

Anyway, I'm now playing Nintendogs, if that counts as a game. ^ ^; I just had to check up on Lickie (short for Lickety-Split) the Dalmatian and Geisha and Ninja the Shiba Inu's after so many months!

I found it very tiresome and repetitive. Still haven't completed it to this day.

At the moment i'm playing Team Fortress 2, Professor Layton and the Curious Village and Defense Grid: The Awakening, which is an awesome little tower defense game I picked up on Steam for £3.50. Bargain.

I found it very tiresome and repetitive. Still haven't completed it to this day.

First time I've heard something like that.

Either way, E.E., Galaxy isn't getting that much hate.

On-topic now: I'm playing my friend's Spider-Man 3 game. It's better than the critics say, just like most modern Sonic games. XD

Galaxy is by no means a bad game. It's a great one, but I think people are idealizing it to much.

Yeah, I hope people didn't interpret that I hate Galaxy or anything, O_o. It's still a great game to play, but it's just not as great as everyone cracks it up to be in my opinion. It's just my tastes. Just like how I actually really enjoy some Sonic games when it's a known fact that there are more than a few gamers out there that despise Sonic games, XP.

I really want to beat Starfox Adventures and stuff soon though so I can finally get back to my beloved Okami. Haven't played my favorite video game in over a year now, and I'm really missing it, ;_;. I just don't want to start it while I have other games to play because I want my full attention on Okami first of all, and I don't want the other games I'm playing to slowly get left behind in the dust, XD.

And actually, I've been wanting to pick up the Bolt video game actually, =o. I know that movie games suck like 95% of the time, but being a big fan, that hardly matters to me. I'm a Sonic fan and still find enjoyment out of the shit games don't I, 8D?

-Blur

Punch-out Wii. Hell to the yes.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Damn, ProStreet crashes on me when I beat Ryo, and I can't win a single race in Undercover, so for now I'm doing arcade mode runs in Rumble Fish and Spectral vs. Generation.

Star Fox: Assault. I got it yesterday and I'm on the last level.

I'm going through No More Heroes right now, and in about a month I will probably have Bionic Commando.

Either way, E.E., Galaxy isn't getting that much hate.

But on the old SSMB, some people (like Sarge) were saying Galaxy was a disappointment, and on the PS forums, there were a LOT of people on there who were Nintendo fans as well as Sony fans, saying they hated Galaxy. And yes, they liked Nintendo and Sony.

I reckon they were trollin' you. Probably pretending to have a Wii to put other people off from getting them.

"Wii's best game sucks" seems like a good repellant tactic. I've seen plenty of people say LBP/MGS4 sucks in a fanboyish attempt to make themselves feel better for not owning a PS3.

And if they actually did have those games then I pity them.

Edited by SuperLink

My friend who hates Galaxy owns a Wii but absolutely hates Nintendo now. Personally, I think his dislike for the game is driven towards is "EVERYTHING NINTENDO MAKE NOW IS SHIT" bias he has.

A lot of people are like that with Nintendo now (CASUAAAAAAAAAAALSS!!!!). I don't like Wii Fit and all these non-games, but if it's gonna keep Nintendo in the gaming business for the next millennia it's a good thing anyway, right?

Nintendo still make fantastic games. People forgot that.

They also forgot about the DS (the best console ever made).

I'm currently playing Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II for GameCube. I used to play Blue Burst and wanted to play it again without having to pay for a subscription, so picked up the GCN version second hand. Does mean I can't play online and don't have episode IV, but still fun, even on one-player, and very nostalgic.

Wish I had got the Plus version though. Has some extra quests. This one has no quests at all for ep II which is a bit boring. =(

Beaten eps I and II on normal single player, and working on the quests for ep I normal now. After that I shall move up to Hard.

Edited by JezMM