Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I've been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons. Changed my town ordinance from beautiful to bell boom. Thinking about changing my town flag since I've had it up there for awhile. Audie's my favorite villager in my town I have now. I've been playing other games as well like Clubhouse Games and Picross S7. 

I think I played Unreal Gold Steele Dawn. I was even try playing Jazz Jackrabbit 3D. Not so quite long time ago I played Rayman 3,Rayman Raving Rabidds. Years ago I finished playing Super Mario Odyssey. I played Fortnite Battle Royale twice and found out that this brand new game is very boring,uninspiring. I’m still waiting for Rad Rodgers World Two to come out. I remember expecting to be hired by its staff.

Edited by lucasdanielpeterrygal

• 3 weeks later...

Getting back in touch with a golden oldie: Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath.

Bought the game when it was released, but man coming back to it hits some different type of way. Especially now that fans found a way to get the online multiplayer to work again. It's tons of fun to get back into a traditional RTS game again.

Besides that it's primarily Hunt: Showdown for me and can't wait for Warhammer 40k Darktide releasing in September.

• 1 month later...

Huh. It just hit me. A good number of games I'm playing these days are old ones.

I've been jumping between Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series, Melty Blood: Type Lumina, Pac-Man World Re-Pac, Saints Row 4 and finally Portal 2 all on the Nintendo Switch. It's just a coincidence, but I thought it was interesting. I recently 100%ed Pac-Man World and are close to doing the same with Saints Row 4. I've actually been struggling in Klonoa while have been making slow progress with Portal 2 and Melty Blood.

Before I went on this trend of playing old games, I completed as much as I could be bothered to complete of two Metroidvania titles. Rabi-Ribi and Hollow Knight.

I'm in the middle of playing Little Nightmares 2.

Edited by Nazo the Hedgehog

• 4 months later...

There was a Sonic Lost World launch event when it came to Steam which the public were invited to. So I went along and we were all given codes for the Steam version!

That was many years ago but I haven't had a PC that could handle it since then. Have had to move about lots and some setbacks yadda yadda. But I recently upgraded the RAM on my new Ryzen 3 laptop, and thought I would give it one more try (hoping I hadn't run out of tries). And it is actually playable! So playing through that at the moment. There's alot of slowdown but I still love it. Always adored the 3DS version!!!

I'm playing through Sonic Frontiers very slowly (really enjoying it, but savouring it bit by bit), and as of last week I started playing The Sims 4 (because, shockingly ; that runs on my laptop also!)

Bought quite a few games lately. I play Crash 4 now and then. But the main thing I play is Two Point Campus, and it's been that way ever since it came out ❤️ (these are on Switch. Had a Switch since its launchday and it's still the main thing I use)

Was thinking about getting a Steamdeck but now I'm wondering if I should just get an external GPU for my laptop instead. I really want to play Shenmué 3 and RDR2 ^.^

Currently juggling Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn (yes, I know I'm late, but I got HFW with my PS5 and needed to play the firsts one first) and also trying to clean up my PSVR collection before the PSVR2 comes out. 

Not doing much on either Sonic or Switch right now, but I'm having a lot of fun on Steam with a city-builder called Timberborn - You're guiding a group of post-apocalyptic (larger and more intelligent) beavers in a world where Hoomins have vanished and recurrent droughts grow ever longer.  Not only must you develop your town, farms, and wood sources, but you must be sure to keep enough water around when drought hits to prevent beaver crops and trees from dying.  It's early access, but more polished than some full release games I've played, aside from the fact that they occasionally add or change things.  I haven't gotten advanced enough to play with the beaver golems yet, but the storage overhaul was a definite improvement to my mind.

• 2 months later...

I've finally gotten around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm rather enjoying it so far and the characters are cute. I played and completed the first game, so I do have some familiarity to the gameplay. The game has complex mechanics and while I see the game trying to teach them to me, most of it is going over my head.

Guess I'll just wing it.

Meanwhile, one of the games I've been meaning to try on 3DS has gotten somewhat addicting. Pocket Card Jockey. It's a cross between horse racing and solitaire. It takes some getting used to. At times, I've been at the mercy of the cards and lost a race due to a bad draw. It sucks when that happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake on my Xbox Series X. I'm just currently nearly finished my first playthrough of the game. And I must say It's just a fantastic Remake. 

• Fist Bump 1

I just finished RE4 Remake on XSX, and just now trying to actually commit to PSO2NG for a while. So far, I’ve been mostly reminiscing with people in the city about the Dreamcast/GameCube era in chat.

2 hours ago, STEP_ON_BEAT said:

I just finished RE4 Remake on XSX, and just now trying to actually commit to PSO2NG for a while. So far, I’ve been mostly reminiscing with people in the city about the Dreamcast/GameCube era in chat.

What do you think of the Resident Evil 4 Remake after finishing the game? I might do another playthrough on the harder difficulty. The mercenaries In RE4 Remake Is just fun to play.

3 hours ago, sonicclaasic said:

What do you think of the Resident Evil 4 Remake after finishing the game? I might do another playthrough on the harder difficulty. The mercenaries In RE4 Remake Is just fun to play.

I enjoyed it quite a lot. It felt really weird to play pre-patch, but the update seemed to fix that. Mercenaries mode is a lot of fun, I’m hoping they add more characters to that mode via update. Story was fun, I went into NG1 on Hardcore, but the Handcannon from Mercenaries Mode took away a lot of the edge.

• Nice Smile 1

8 hours ago, STEP_ON_BEAT said:

I enjoyed it quite a lot. It felt really weird to play pre-patch, but the update seemed to fix that. Mercenaries mode is a lot of fun, I’m hoping they add more characters to that mode via update. Story was fun, I went into NG1 on Hardcore, but the Handcannon from Mercenaries Mode took away a lot of the edge.

That's awesome I got the Handcannon from the Mercenaries mode as well and It does really help liked you mentioned. Ada Separate Ways DLC suppose to be coming out soon. And I heard Ada & Wesker could be playable characters In Mercenaries mode. 

Just finished my first playthrough of Resident Evil 4 Remake and really enjoyed It. Planning doing future playthroughs my next game Is Final Fantasy 9 I've never got around to playing It and looking forward to It.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a lot of Sonic Riders recently, I've genuinely considered it one of my favorite Sonic games, because of the unique almost ground-breaking gameplay of trying to manage your air (think of it as a limited amount of gas) while racing others on extreme gear. It fits Sonic perfectly and was definitely the most successful racing spinoff SEGA has done in my opinion. 

Another thing I love is the art direction for the opening, it just looks so awesome! It captures the "cool and slick" essence of Sonic a lot. I'll leave a piece of the artwork in the post. There's also a fan project/mod called "Sonic Riders: Tournament Edition" that fixes some problems the original game had and adds a lot of other things, like rebalancing the meta for characters and extreme gear, to create a more competitive environment. The only problem I had with the game is that it has no tutorial, and a VERY steep learning curve. I had to search up a YT Video online just to learn how to play it, and the story is nothing special.

But overall, I absolutely love Sonic Riders due to its engaging gameplay, amazing art direction, and uniqueness among the racing spinoff games. I'd consider it my favorite racing game of all time, even surpassing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Sonic_Riders.jpg

I've nearly finished Final Fantasy 9 now which Is amazing game the story telling Is great the characters details and the animation are wonderful. And the soundtrack Is brilliant when It comes to boss battles etc.

• 2 months later...

I've been sporadically playing Metroid Dread. I knew I'd find it difficult, not the game difficulty, but the dread in the name. It's difficult because I'm already in a constant state of anxiety, so I only play in small bursts.

It's why I don't play horror games. Side note, I hate jump scares. They are so annoying and lazy.

I've also been playing Azur Lane: Crosswaves. It's such a cute game and I'm naturally drawn to cute things. Shimakaze has an innocence that is almost comparable to Kirby. ^-^

Lots of Chess on Chess.com. 

For some reason, got the chess bug again (after not seriously playing since sixth grade) and now it occupies my mind quite a bit.  

I recently got back to playing okami and minecraft! had to take a break from games to focus on art production, feels good to unwind again :)

i (completely legally) downloaded an iso for unleashed wii a few days ago, currently on chun-nan

Currently gaming on a budget since my move and job transfer has left me with a light wallet, and my next review game is still some days away. 

Right now I'm replaying Zelda: Oracle of Ages since it finally released alongside Oracle of Seasons on NSO the other day. I hold both games in very high regard, but Ages in particular is in healthy running for being the best overall 2D Zelda. It's not my favorite (that would be Minish Cap), but the puzzle design and map design is like Link's Awakening on cocaine. The dungeons are seriously so good, and it doesn't take long at all for them to get as tricky as the lategame stuff from Link's Awakening. I'd say starting with Moonlit Grotto, you get dungeons that are at least as tough as Eagle Tower. They do an amazing job testing things like spatial awareness and item application. The use of time travel is also my favorite in the series, more so than Ocarina or Majora's. It's been a really fun replay so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Different format, but I wanted to give a rundown/summary of stuff I've played the past few months since I wrote out a list of them in my phone a while back. I don't play tons of games at a time, so whatever I stick with and at least complete the mainline aspects of it. Tagged mostly for length but may include some light spoilers, but this is more or less general feeling stuff.

1) Persona 5 Royal (NG+ run):

Spoiler

So I picked up P5R on Switch last November, not 100% sure what to expect. It was a game I was always interested in, but lacked the means to play it for a very long time, most of what little I knew going in was Etika's old streams of the first chapter. Anyway, long story short, I came out of that run a month later over 150 hours in, played through to the end and honestly loved it. I wasn't planning on going back into it right away but... well stuff happens and I wasn't in a particularly good place at the time, so to take my mind off of things I went right into an encore run and just got sucked in again.

I spent more time trying to fill out the compendium, got more into fusions and completed more challenges. The NG+ bosses are genuinely awesome but require a decent amount of prep to take on effectively, and one of them I cheesed with Izanagi no Ookami but that didn't mean it was an easy win. Think the most impressive thing in my second run that I really started to understand was how skills and traits influence things more and just how broken certain demons can be (especially support types).

Also, Takemi best girl.

2) Kirby and the Forgotten Land:

Spoiler

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this; I like Kirby games but I don't know if I'm a Kirby fan, per se? Not because there's anything to dislike about Kirby, but I haven't played that many, mostly some of the SNES titles and 64, I've had awareness of the series, but never really played many of them to, or close to completion (Superstar probably being the biggest exception before now). I dunno! I love the art, the characters, the creative use of the abilities, everything just kinda hits and is always pleasant but it's also just not something I rally around too hard.  That said, I was still interested in Forgotten Land and what little I saw pre-release, and from streams, looked really fun. I popped this into my Switch after Christmas and while I wasn't wowed by the first world (maybe because I played the major parts of that in the demo), I got hooked in immediately in the second. I played through to the end and when the postgame opened up, I wasn't sure I was going to actually go to the trouble of that... but I did. I basically did everything except finish the figure collecting (I don't remember exactly but my completion was sitting in the 90s) and some stray Waddle Dees.

There's so much attention to detail in every aspect of this game, and I love the naturalistic, ruined environments that still manage to have an identifiable feeling that comes from Kirby. I loved the abilities and upgrading and all the fun possibilities they allowed. More than anything, I just appreciated what a pleasant feeling the game gave me every time I booted it up. Joey from Trash Taste is right, you can't feel bad playing these games.

3) NieR Automata:

Spoiler

Another one of 2017's heavy hitters I would not have expected to see on Switch. Automata getting a native port is especially hilarious when just months prior Square just shoved the Kingdom Hearts series onto Switch via cloud, but I was still happy to see it (I know he would have been). It's been months, but I still find myself turning over aspects of this game in my head and talking through with a friend about it from time to time. I don't have any background with Yoko Taro games, whether it's the Drakengard titles that NieR spun off from, or the previous game. So needless to say, I wasn't ready for the ways this game would hurt me the further into the story I got.

Route A is mostly fine, but I actually found it to weirdly be the hardest part of my playthrough. I wasn't sure what to make of Route B at the start (though I joked it was like Sonic Adventure... which was a weirdly apt comparison for the structure and the eventual lead in to the final route) but the additional lore and context the game throws at you through its variety of sidequests just intrigued me. There was a moment I was playing in that route where I found myself just stunned silent and mindlessly running around in a haze after it was over because I just had to sit and think about what I saw but couldn't turn the game off. Route C just felt like it kicked things into overdrive and I just HAD to see how it ended. It's definitely a downer, but I was glad I played it, and weirdly felt some perspective as a result. I also went and hunted all endings (even if 21 of them are jokes, and the DLC one is random ass music video), even eventually completed the infamous E ending after being warned it would delete my data (in fact, the game gives you an option).

One of these days, I hope I get to play Replicant, because I really liked the legacy characters despite their short appearances and want to know more about them, and obviously the YoRHa crew are awesome. Game kinda hurt my hands a bit though...

4) Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed (light, but vague spoilers):

Spoiler

So, April was fun. A bit after as I was getting close to the end of my run on Automata, I caught COVID, which put me out of commission for a week or so. Honestly couldn't focus or do anything when I was sick, but as soon as I got better, started drawing again, I decided I was going to prep for the Xenoblade 3 DLC. We didn't know when it was going to be out; I estimated June so my plan was to at least run through 1 and 2 back to back so I started a NG+ run on the first game not knowing what I wanted to do. I'll get more into this later, but a couple days after I start this run... Nintendo shadowdrops the trailer for the DLC, and announces it was out the following week. This was a huge "well, shit" moment, but I managed to play through halfway and reach a reasonable stopping point to pick up from; I've played XC1 multiple times in the past, so it's not like taking a break would be an issue.

I was not prepared for Future Redeemed. It felt like it was addressing some issues I had with the base game's pacing almost immediately, it instantly created a more interesting looking world, Matthew and A were an awesome introduction, and the focus was on something I was instantly more interested in. This isn't to say I disliked base 3 (my playtime can attest I enjoyed it), but it was always feeling like it was missing something due to its self-imposed restraint while also trying to have it both ways thanks to that final chapter being the lore dump/connection I wanted to be there from the beginning. Future Redeemed was that missing piece. Shulk and Rex get plenty of air time to be awesome but weirdly do not steal the show at all from Matthew, as they seem firmly planted as guiding hands for Matthew as well as their own children, Nikol and Glimmer.

After playing through FR, it simply couldn't work any other way I feel without just changing the focus altogether. Base 3 works in its own way because the legacy aspects do not upstage the more introspective narrative that culminates the themes of the previous two games and gives the Ouroboros party room to grow without the direct influence of anyone prior. FR gave me the lore I was hungry for, and served it up as a massive meal, taking some surprising turns in the end, making connections NO ONE could have seen coming, and being a perfect sendoff to the trilogy. The Ouroboros motif 3 uses took on a new meaning with that ending. If you know anything about the history of this series, you'll get it.

Honestly, if I have any complaints about FR, without spoiling, I really loved all the fanservice and callbacks the DLC had, but I was slightly bothered by the constant refusal to name two very important, very popular characters because it just felt like unnecessary restraint when they're still brought up and shown in montages, and this occasionally extends to offhand mentions of other legacy characters not featured despite, say, seeing their children. Something about it feels slightly weird to me in the big fanservice DLC that nonchalantly namedrops a character no one expected from beyond the Blade series but it's ultimately not THAT big of a deal though I'm sad to think we may never see them again. I'm also not big on the expansion kits for characters' skill trees, arts palette, and accessories, it slowed things down a bit too much but still, I liked how rewarding and meaningful exploring felt here. Filling out all the Affinity Goals was incredibly fun, and the superbosses are kind of insane because they use uncommon gimmicks.

This is ironically the shortest game of the ones I've played so far this year but it's the most I have something to say on. Go figure.

5) Xenoblade 1/Definitive Edition (NG+):

Spoiler

This started as what felt like an obligatory, get it over with replay. To be honest, when DE came out, I just quickly lost my enthusiasm for the original game and I trudged through it for half a year. The saving grace for keeping me engaged with the game was I had a project related to it at the time, so using it for research material was important. But I was just burned out on it and the fandom then was super annoying constantly dogging on XC2 while elevating this one. I even started this as NG+ because I wanted to mitigate any annoyances and just play the story. I lowered everyone's levels via Expert Mode, but kept all the high level gems and Machina equipment to avoid relying too much on Shulk's Monado. I started this utterly convinced I wasn't going to care and was going to just run through to see if I can get some bread crumbs to tie into 3 again. You want to know what happened? I fell in love with this game all over again. The second I heard Shimomura's opening tracks in Colony 9, I suddenly wanted to just soak in every detail, play every quest, clear the achievement list, complete the affinity chart. I just wanted to do it all. Again.

I found myself way more appreciative and interested in the game and its world, thought some of the imagery of the two titans to be really striking and cool. It's a huge strength to the game. 2's titans are amazing as well, further building on the types of areas seen in 1, but the lack of a direct connection between them is noticeable and influences how they work differently in the narrative. Not a bad thing, but a different thing. Bionis and Mechonis form an interesting duality and perspective shift as the game goes on and it was a cool feeling noticing that again. Every quest built the world and characters around me, and I think as an aside, doing these quests actually paid off because some of them are directly referenced in Future Redeemed. Further more, several points in the story I could instantly recognize where future games would call back, even X. It was crazy and just felt more excited experiencing the game again. I still don't think 1 is my favorite game in the series, but it's still awesome, and I'm just glad I still feel that way. Especially after shutting out the noise.

6) Xenoblade Future Connected:

Spoiler

This I was hoping I'd like more this go around because of how good I felt replaying through 1, as well as knowing about Future Redeemed. Uh... it's just okay. Everything about FC just makes me miss the base game even more. There's some good stuff in here, but honestly, it's the weakest part of the Blade series, and it's kind of unsatisfactory as an epilogue to the base game. Biggest miss by far is how overly simplified and truncated the game's systems are compared to the main game. No skill trees, gems are lower quality so there's little to really break, very little customization, Ponspectors add too much RNG compared to Chain Attacks. Taking away Visions was at least sort of interesting because it forces you to pay more attention due to lacking a safety net. I enjoyed doing the quests and all, but everything just feels lesser.

I know this is an in-box inclusion and not paid DLC like Torna or FR, but it's disappointing it sets itself apart from the base game by taking away more things rather than adding anything compelling, because the novelty of the Shoulder wears out fast for me (though I spotted an area that I realized is probably the forest from XC3's opening). Still glad I replayed it, and got a bit more out of it, but it's held back by how little it really offers, and it looks worse next to the other games' expansions as a result.

Also Gael'gar is genuinely awful top to bottom and makes me like Z from 3 even though he's not a terribly compelling villain either.

7) Astral Chain:

Spoiler

I bought this one on a whim when it had a big of a discount on the eShop. I was interested in it when it was first announced, but kind of just kept skipping out on it. I had a couple friends who spoke highly of it, so I always kept it on my radar though. Game is probably one of the coolest games I've played in a while. Love the style and atmosphere, and the combat was simple enough to not be overwhelming or cramp up my hands but had enough interesting depth due to solutions you get from weapon upgrades and using your Legions. Soundtrack is also banger after banger. Just listen to some of these tracks: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

The story itself isn't particularly outstanding, but the characters are fun and I really enjoyed the sidequests. I think what really helped keep me motivated through the game was that it had a Casual mode as well. It wasn't TOO easy, at least for me, but it was forgiving enough that I could get through it and I didn't have to worry about performance being graded since I could see myself getting hung up trying to improve scores and eventually getting demotivated enough to not bother with the ending, because that's happened with me before. But after finishing and going into the postgame, where difficulty doesn't seem to matter and you are graded on completion of each challenge mission, I found myself occasionally going back and trying out older missions for ranks and finding new paths I couldn't access before because I didn't have all the Legions. Kinda wish I didn't sleep on this back in 2019, but better late than never.

Now I'm currently stuck in Tears of the Kingdom and occasionally picking at Pokémon Colosseum since I never played it before and was really interested in it.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Diablo 4 - Handling I just started playing Diablo 4 and the recently released game already has a level 60 character. I love this game and I really like the vibe of this map. I play mage mainly ice + electricity. I don't seem to have any issues. :youdidit: