Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Recently dusted off L4D2 for The Passing DLC (excellent stuff), and hopping on and off HeartGold every now and then.

Hmm just juggling some Devil Survivor, BlazBlue and Super Street Fighter IV at the moment. Yeah, it broke the street date ;) .

Anyway, FFXIII and Resonance of Fate are on pause now. Hopefully I'll find the time and mood to continue them in the near future.

Currently playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles on my Sonic Mega Collection. I'm ashamed to admit that before, I didn't full comprehend the sheer genius of it's game design. It's like being re-aquianted with something amazing you've forsaken before. And by "forsaken", I mean "been a long time since last played".

Completed Sonic's storyline in Sonic Rush today, got Blaze underway too... and started Sonic Advance 2, as well! :)

Monster Hunter Tri is where it's all about right now. Come Tuesday, I will be playing SSFIV

Yeah, it broke the street date

How do people keep doing this? Going to those Mom and Pop stores or whatever their called? Why can't we just wait until the game actually releases anymore

I haven't really had much time to play games for the last week or so, nor will I have much this next week, however I will be heading to the shops on Friday to pick up WarioWare DIY (as well as download its WiiWare counterpart), followed by Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies the week after.

These two games will hopefully keep me occupied until Super Mario Galaxy 2 in June. I'm fairly certain they will, as I'll have exams and revision to contend with during the next couple of months too. <_<

How do people keep doing this? Going to those Mom and Pop stores or whatever their called? Why can't we just wait until the game actually releases anymore

I asked the guy at the gamestore why they were selling it before the release date, and he simply said that they put games on sale the moment the first shipment comes in. I don't particularly mind, but I didn't know stores were allowed to sell ahead of official release dates.

Hmm just juggling some Devil Survivor, BlazBlue and Super Street Fighter IV at the moment. Yeah, it broke the street date ;) .

Anyway, FFXIII and Resonance of Fate are on pause now. Hopefully I'll find the time and mood to continue them in the near future.

Lucky bastard, hahaha! I want SSFIV so bad! but the store I used to get early games from is shut up. :| 

I asked the guy at the gamestore why they were selling it before the release date, and he simply said that they put games on sale the moment the first shipment comes in. I don't particularly mind, but I didn't know stores were allowed to sell ahead of official release dates.

They're not allowed to sell games before the street date. If anyone reported them, developers will sometimes stop shipping games to them or they will receive hefty fines. The guy at my Gamestop reported one of those Mom and pop stores to Activision for selling COD:MW2 a week ahead of time and they got a big fine.

I've gone back to playing Pokémon Platinum... it's got more replay value than HGSS, tis for sure. It's easier to EV and level up in Plat, so I've been EVing a new team.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're not allowed to sell games before the street date. If anyone reported them, developers will sometimes stop shipping games to them or they will receive hefty fines. The guy at my Gamestop reported one of those Mom and pop stores to Activision for selling COD:MW2 a week ahead of time and they got a big fine.

Depends on the game, actually.Not everything is street dated strictly. and meh from a consumer point of view early games is good. :3

Well, i got down to just 3 hunts in FFXIII before finally deciding "Fuck it!". So now, I'm moved onto Bayonetta.

Just about to start Chapter 4, and boy, do I suck hard at this game (playing on normal). Determined to stick it out though, because its just so damn over-the-top and therefore great.

Super Street Fighter 4 should arrive later this week too, so yay.

Just Cause 2: Limited Edition, on the glorious PlayStation3.

Is it me, or is this game the most fun you can have with your trousers still on?!

Don't answer that. :lol:

Okay, so I went out to buy Dragon Quest V the other day. I bought it, but I also found Dragon Ball Origins for $5.00. There's no better feeling than picking up an okay game dirt cheap.

...and yeah, it's pretty much the dictionary definition of "okay". Pretty graphics and fun cutscenes, but the stages and gameplay are fairly bland, and save points are criminally rare. If I wasn't a big fan of Dragon Ball, I'm not sure that I'd still be playing it... I kind of want to get it over with so I can get going with DQV.

Oh, and I'm playing Metroid Prime 2 as well. I've talked about that enough in the Metroid thread, though.

Edited by Octarine

Just beat Galaxy again, playing some Tatsunoko VS Capcom (My first fighter. I suck at it.) On the DS, playing Heartgold and I'm gonna make another attempt to play PSZERO.

GTAIV

Harvest Moon

Smash Bros Brawl

Dragon Age: Origins

Batman Arkham Asylum

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Thing is, I'm not really playing any of them extensively. I'm just kinda switching between them.

Trying to play some L4D2, never got around to playing it much, really.

If anyone would be kind enough to play some games with me sometime so the fucking shitty bots can GTFO then that would be great.

Still moving through Bayonetta's story mode, and getting my tailbone handed to me at every other turn. Doesn't help that I am playing it alongside GOW 3 either. Kratos has no need for defense 99% of the time. Going all out offense with Netta on the other hand is a good way to an early grave. Two different mindsets make the two very hard to play together. Still having a blast with both though.

Also greatly enjoying the newest Ratchet, and seriously regretting Super Paper Mario. Worst platformer Mario game I have ever played. It sucks.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Going all out offense with Netta on the other hand is a good way to an early grave. Two different mindsets make the two very hard to play together. Still having a blast with both though.
Aaah that's just until you learn the finer points of dodge offsetting, then it's all pain all the time for your enemies.

I always though the lack of a block makes bayo pretty offense oriented, but I see what you're getting at, GoW is just mash city

Restarted the first Phoenix Wright the other day, getting towards the end of the second arc now.

Also still playing the odd regular bits of All-Stars Racing (both Wii and DS versions) and Sonic Classic Collection.

Just got Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood in the posty-post. :)

That said, about five minutes away from completing Sonic Rush and still haven't started Sonic Rush Adventure, so will probably wait to play it! :blink:

And there's always Just Cause 2... :lol:

317086-yugi_large.jpg

Dug out my GBA games and been playing this for the past week even though I already completed it :lol:

After much searching, I finally got my hands on a japanese copy of Ace Combat 3, so now I'm playing that. Already cleared 2 paths. Also, since I fully finished Ace Combat X last weekend, now I'll finally start with Ace combat 6.

Yeah, I'm in a Ace Combat mood.

Regularly returning to BlazBlue. Its the first fighting game that I've managed to pay attention to in a while, undoubtedly my favorite fighting game. It also overshadows the fact that I used to enjoy Street Fighter 4 and could have looked forward to SSFIV.

But right now I'm mostly playing Disgaea DS which I never got to finish and thus decided to restart. Having gotten Pleinair now feels awesome, its like Im breezing through everything with ease. Im still a chapter away from the chapter where I face the Old DOE though, the battle where I was stuck for an eternity and still am to this day. Not looking forward to it.