Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Sonic Advance 2, finally beat Sky Canyon Zone! Woo!

It's a free ride through the rest of the game, then. IMO that was the hardest zone to beat.

Anyway, finally playing some NSMB Wii. Fun game, almost better than Brawl. I've also been playing Pokémon; I didn't know that so many people at my school are avid Pokéfans =D

Edited by China ~

It certainly is, as are all the games in the big 4 (Resistance, Gears, Killzone and Halo).

Killzone has many things going for it. The guns feel great, especially the bolt gun. The flow is well paced and you really get immersed in the firefights. Its a great mixture of cover based and run and gun takedowns too.

One of the only drawbacks is your teamates. Dont get me wrong, I like the characters, and they are always useful to soak up some bullets that normally would be headed in your direction. But for all the times they scream at Sev to get his @$$ to cover, they manage to die right in the middle of an alleyway, or right in the line of fire of a machine gun nest.

You cant just leave them there (even if they do self revive after a while), so you gotta bite the bullet and play hero, resulting in many rescue related deaths.

The Hard mode is also devistating. You should try it. The Grunts literally eat bullets and forget that physics demand them to at least flinch a little. Great if you like a challenge, and is IMO the hardest, hard mode of the big 4.

I must also say that Sev in Uncharted 2 is Boss.

After playing it, I'd have to say that I did enjoy it more than Resistance (I haven't played Resistance 2) and Halo 3, but not as much as Halo 1 or Gears (haven't played 2). Granted, I never played the first Killzone, so maybe I missed out on something, but my main problem in the game was indeed the squad AI. Specifically, how they would spend so much time recoiling from bullet hits that they would barely even follow you. I also thought that, while the enemy AI was pretty good for the most part and the cover system was very much ingrained into you from the start, far too much of the difficulty came from how you could unload a clip of assault rifle ammo into the enemies and they would still be alive. I also wasn't a fan of how, between missions, even when it didn't make any sense, you would revert back to your standard equipment load out every time. I understand the stuff like the bolt gun and electricity gun (especially the electricity gun) were gamebreakers, but the constant switching back to the revolver over the superior Helghast automatic made the side-arms pretty much useless outside of getting that one headshot achievement.

Anyways, I've been alternating back between Disgaea (more grind!) and Super IV, with a bit of Turbo HD Remix thrown in for variety. I'm probably going to pick up Episodes from Liberty City by the end of the week, at which point I will get started on that.

It's a free ride through the rest of the game, then. IMO that was the hardest zone to beat.

The proper zones, I agree. But XX-Zone is nails! :blink:

I am currently playing a bit of Left 4 Dead 2. It is great fun, and Versus especially, but it does become really annoying and frustrating how fellow players sometimes complain on not only you, but on the rest of the team, flaming them, etc. If they cannot stand having others dragging down the team's performance, they should go somewhere else than to random accessible online servers IMO, not ruin others' fun by yelling them out and votekicking them when they are actually doing their best ...

I also play some Pokémon Heartgold before sleep time. Currently stuck on the last champion after he and the Elite Four pulled themselves together and leveled up. ;3

As of now I'm juggling between quite a few games. I'm currently playing Infamous and Record of Agarest War on my PS3, Metal Gear Portable Ops on my PSP, and I'm learning how to play Covert Action on DOSbox.

I just got to the Warren area of the city in infamous, and I'm just grinding through side quests before I do some story quests. Other than that I'm really enjoying the story as well Cole. I love the comic book cutscenes, and it has got to be my favorite Sandbox game that I've played to date.

The only thing that bites is the fact that I'm picking up 3D Dot Game Heroes next week, and that's going to add to the list of games I need to complete.

Edited by Zanzibar Land

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

Lost my first fight. Spent an hour beating up wasps. Now I'm invincible, more or less!

Enjoying it more now.

The proper zones, I agree. But XX-Zone is nails! :blink:

The Sky Canyon boss clone is hard, but the final boss was a joke. It's ridiculous how easy it is when you stand in certain positions such that you can only be hit by one of its attacks, and after disposing of that one weapon/arm cannon, you can move onto the next one. XD

Anyways, playing Iron Man (1) on the DS for the first time. Some fun stuff, and it's not sarcasm.

I've been playing TF2.. roughly two years now. Just got a silver medal for it. ^_^

Also been playing alot of a game called Urban Dead lately. It's a lot of fun once you get into it, especially if you join a group.

I downloaded (:o) a rom of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (I tried Symphony of the Night but I suck at using bios files), making this my first entry into another new series. I went for it as I like Metroid so I should like Castlevania. It seems very different so far, much less about the upgrades and more about the rpg elements and stats compared to Metroid, but I think I'm gonna like this series if I play more of this one and get more on the go.

I'm a sucker for platform/action games :x

I've got a few on the go at the minute. I decided to explore CEX for some preowned bargains and found a few that are keeping me happy. They're 'Wheelman', 'Mirrors Edge' and a 'PURE/LEGO Batman' double pack. I have Alan Wake on preorder :) really looking forward to playing that.

Currently playing BAYONETTA, SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV and SAKURA WARS: SO LONG MY LOVE. Love each of them so much that I can't decide which one I want to donate my free time to.

Also picked up the SNES cartridge LEGEND OF ZELDA : LINK TO THE PAST dirt cheap at Cash Converters. It's the only ZELDA game I've played from beginning to end, and I loved the hell out of it when I first played it.

God fuck Circle of the Moon is brutal, I thought the Metroidvanias were supposed to be fucking easy!

God fuck Circle of the Moon is brutal, I thought the Metroidvanias were supposed to be fucking easy!

The only really easy ones are Syphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. All of the GBA ones are pretty difficult.

The only really easy ones are Syphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. All of the GBA ones are pretty difficult.

Thank god for that, I thought I was a bit shit there.

I guess it meant "easier than the original ones" which seem to be brutal as well, but I'm steering well clear of those as NERDRAAAGE.

I'm save scumming like a fuck here.

Thank god for that, I thought I was a bit shit there.

I guess it meant "easier than the original ones" which seem to be brutal as well, but I'm steering well clear of those as NERDRAAAGE.

I'm save scumming like a fuck here.

While the GBA Castlevanias rely a lot on pure luck to get the best abilities without a guide Metroidvanias are still easier than the originals simply because almost any challenge can be over come with some patience and grinding. Adopting a "spare no enemy/warp rooms are for pussies" strategy will actually help by keeping you a few exp. levels above what the developers intended.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

Found a way inside Dr. Eggman's base and now he's on my team, heading to Metropolis via the Blue Ridge Zone.

Sonic Advance 2.

Finally cleared XX-Zone (by cheating and setting the difficulty to easy).

Finally picked up that throwing cross thing and got 3 levels in Circle of the Moon. With this power, I obliterated the third boss after dying several times. Without it I was fucked. It's a bit lame how that works. I also wish the wall jump used the jump button as well, I don't see why it doesn't. Oh well. Killing everything in sight is gg for grinding anyway.

I'm playing Monster Hunter Tri. GRINDAN GAEMZ.

There's no levels in monster hunter. What are you grinding? :9

I'm grinding materials. DUH. Get with the picture, man. :P

(Seriously, though. Been killing the same damn monster for the past day so I can make all its armor.)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Took a small break from SSFIV and WipEout HD to go back to LittleBigPlanet. Haven't played it for awhile, and I found a lot of cool levels. Particularly the Bunker ones from a user named "poms".

It almost makes me want to buy ModNation Racers immediately to get in on all the unique tracks that are sure to be made. But I think I'll wait for the community to expand...and the price to drop.

Final Fantasy XIII

Just got the Growth Egg (Gives you 2x the Chryst points) in Chapter 11. It took me awhile but it was worth it.

Edited by Shade737

Getting back into Call of Duty: World at War, and I've also been playing Game Room lately.

Whoo, Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, starting the third case. It's been a while since I've completed the second case; I'm trying to get back into the series.

I thought it was my favorite series, and then I forgot about it. :/ Guess it wasn't as good as I thought it was...