Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Alpha Protocol, and it isn't half bad, y'know.

Okay, so the glitches are ever-present, as the reviews suggested... found somebody hovering in mid-air at one stage, so I shot him. *laughs* Otherwise, the voice acting and feeling of control truly make it a unique experience. The custom appearances, while limited, offer just enough to draw you in and make you feel responsible. I mean, you don't feel like you're in the game, but you certainly feel protective and fatherly towards your spy. Especially since I'm crafting him in my image, albeit an image shared in more serious moments by Jack Bauer. *laughs again*

Wow, a grown-up game and I'm laughing so much? Hmm... maybe it isn't so good, after all?! :blink::lol:

Probably gonna get back into Resonance of Fate this weekend, I stopped playing due to school, but now that I've graduated I have time to put into my rpgs.

Just got around to starting Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations, and finished the first case. 'Course, it was the introductory case, so it was really easy, but hey.

Playing Portal as well. GLaDOS is certainly... interesting, and the challenge level is just high enough so it's fun and not frustrating.

Finally started to play PoP: TFS. It's nice to play a PoP game with some actual challenge to it although the combat is way too simple and offensive. It's lacking the cool acrobatic, evasive and defensive move he had in previous games(There's no combo system, you can't use the environment for acrobatic attacks and there isn't even a block button). Overall it's still really fun and a hell of a lot better than the '08 game.

I quit The Last Remnant for a while, since I just got to the ever so obvious artificial game lengthening segment of the game.

You have to participate in 6 of the biggest battles in the entire game (which can well take over 30 minutes), followed directly by a boss (with 4 or so groups protecting him) for each of them. Once you finally finish all 6 of them you can finally progress through the story.

So I started replaying the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth for the 3rd time, and it's still just as awesome as I remember it. I'm also playing Record of Agarest War, which is pretty fun.

Just got Batman Arkham Asylum just started the story looks good up to now, never played a Batman game untill now so expecting awesomeness from it=D Joker's in game model looks fucking fantastic i'm never to talk about in game models but wow just really amazing though

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm playing Alpha Protocol.. Still. Completed it as a Spy, then a gung-ho Recruit, now playing through as a Veteran Spy on Hard difficulty, which isn't really that hard to be honest o_O

I finished my Disgaea Hour of Darkness, and started the second Cycle. Also got Disgaea 3 in the mail Friday so that will be getting some play this week. I never did get back to Resonance of Fate... or FFXIII... or SO4... or Demon's Souls... or Kingdom Hearts... wow, I guess I should finish those too huh?

Playing Metroid Prime again before I go away. The Hive Totem nearly killed me this time for some reason, was playing it while hungover yesterday though! The rest of the game (second play of Hard mode) is going swimmingly, I will pick off today from where I left off - just got the Boost Ball in Phendrana Drifts.

Playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii) and Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS. I think I'm addicted to Metroid now :/

That just means I'll be getting Other M when it comes out, which'll leave me with a grand total of $0.

Metroid good. Addiction bad.

Currently working on Gran Turismo for PSP and I'm trying to S rank all the courses and get as many cars as possible so that when GT5 comes out I can just transfer my collection. :lol:

I finished my Disgaea Hour of Darkness, and started the second Cycle. Also got Disgaea 3 in the mail Friday so that will be getting some play this week. I never did get back to Resonance of Fate... or FFXIII... or SO4... or Demon's Souls... or Kingdom Hearts... wow, I guess I should finish those too huh?

You'll never finish Disgaea. Ever.

True fact! Even if you beat Baal your still stuck in the game whether you like it or not. XD

Well I've been playing a lot since my computer crashed. I've finished up some crime solving game that was based about Jack the Ripper. And I've been playing Twisted Metal Black because I feel like it.

Sweet Tooth is an early gamebreaker in the right hands. :D Too bad that guy on CP can only stalk me...

As of yesterday, it's been MGS: Peace Walker (Limited Edition ftw), Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, and The House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return. Once Playstation Network is up again from maintenance, and I'll download Crazi Taxi: Fare wars. I got a full plate these days.

EDIT- Also forgot, I picked up Tron 2.0 Killer App for the GBA for less than $3, and I've been playing that too.

Edited by Mr. Blonde

Final Fantasy XII, which I'm surprised to say I'm actually enjoying, Mass Effect 2, and Rock Band are occupying my time now. Vocals are pretty hard on Rock Band but it's still fun.

Finally got around to buying Batman: Arkham Asylum. As expected, it was fantastic in nearly every category.

I loved the art style, especially when...

Poison Ivy's plants takeover the island.

Combined with the subtle tunes in the background, this is probably the most atmospheric game I've played this gen. I was playing in the middle of the day, yet it would feel like it was midnight. I would recommend anyone who plays the game to spend as little time in Detective mode as possible. While it's invaluable in terms of finding out what to do, it runs everything through a blue filter and lessens the impact of the environment.

The progression of the game reminded me very much of a certain Metroid game that put the series in it's prime. Definitely a plus, as that was one of my favorite games. In due time you'll find new gadgets to get access paths (and secrets) you couldn't before through a little back-tracking. Bosses also require you to put Batman's new toys to the test. In addition, there is map overlapping, a scanning device to discover your next move, and a lot of tight spaces to squeeze through...not via Morph Ball though. Duh. :P

Freeflow Combat made me ask myself "Why hasn't this been done before?" A very simple setup of mechanics with beautiful animations. It made me feel badass in fights, but not invincible. A ton of henchmen and maybe a couple of Titans would definitely make me vulnerable. Or better yet, just toss in some armed henchmen. I'd be a sitting duck.

But that's where stealth comes in, and it was handled brillantly too. A bit easy sometimes with all of the gargoyle statues, air vents, and floor passages everywhere, but that didn't detract from the fun of getting the drop on one of Joker's henchmen and watching the others panic. Having to find alternate paths into buildings, and tracking people with the smallest of clues made the whole "World's Greatest Detective" thing more than just talk.

I was a bit disappointed on the line-up of villains though. Don't get me wrong. I liked everyone who was present, especially...

Scarecrow. His fear gas parts were genius.

But there simply weren't enough to my liking. I remember seeing the character vignettes before the game's release, and thinking that they were only scratching the surface. But no....that was pretty much it. Sure there were Easter Eggs for nearly every villain ever, but that's hardly the same.

Oh well, guess that's what the sequel's for.

Another disappointment came from...

The Killer Croc part. I went in expecting to nearly piss myself because I'm a wimp to really suspensful moments. But it ended up being repetitive and predictable. You don't even get to fight him. Hopefully his appearance in the sequel is as big a deal as Ivy and Oracle made Croc seem.

Still, Arkham Asylum was a great game. Excellent gameplay from start to finish, wonderful asthetics, and a little childhood bliss courtesy of the voice actors and characterizations. Rocksteady struck gold.

For me it's been between more Red Dead Redemption and of course...Earthworm Jim HD! That game is so awesome, can't say much for the new levels though. sleep.gif

Still, I've only just become really excited about Galaxy 2 since it's coming out tomorrow...it'll be a long day for the ol' Wii that's for sure.

I got my order from Amazon today for Tomb Raider 2 on the PS1 in mint condition aswell and been playing that all day such a awesome game =D

Caved in and picked up Mega Man Zero Collection today, even though I'm due for an R4 in the near future (probably will be the last DS game I buy in a while, though).

Just acquired Mega Man Zero Collection for my DS and I'm enjoying it so far. All the games in one card makes me a happy clam. Still have the GBA games though as a sign of my determination to find them all.

Completed Sonic Advance 3 earlier this week... :)

In the past twenty-four hours, I've played mostly Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, and am on Chapter Ten now, and Alpha Protocol. Both good! :D

I'm still playing Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and it's still really good. I've finally got Vivian and Ms. Mowz, which is nice... it's just a pity that Ms. Mowz's attacks are incredibly annoying (and probably controller-breaking in the long-term) to perform. Vivian's great, though; s/he's probably my favourite partner both in personality and usefulness in battle. I'm eager to get Bobbery as well, though.

All of the new Black/White news has also inspired me to pick up Pokemon XD, which I'd played some of previously but never owned until now. No real verdict yet, but I enjoy it for its unique take on the Pokemon world, if nothing else. Jeez, I'd have loved to have another of these instead of Battle Revolution.

...also, Michael's mother in XD is a Pokemon scientist... named Lily. Her actual Japanese name is completely different from our new Professor's, but I still smell a conspiracy.

Dragging this back to page one...! :blink::lol:

Completed Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, finally. Also completed Alpha Protocol, at least for the first playthrough. It was my angry, Jack Bauer playthrough. Murdered everybody, didn't save any of the girls, ended up sailing off into the sunset with my insane, pyromaniac underworld contact... so will start again soon, only aiming to be as suave and sophisticated as possible. And, hopefully, as human as possible.

Also played Naruto: Ninja Council - European Version and completed it in two hours maximum. Am now playing Naruto: Ninja Destiny - European Version and predict another two hours of entertainment on my Nintendo DS. About to start Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm on PlayStation3, well... start it properly, anyway.

Games. Too many of them. Surrounded. :D

Currently still playing Galaxy 2, I have 241 stars. After burning over 20 lives (I think),...this could take a while.

On the DS, I'm playing Heartgold, though I also might replay ZX Advent or LttP on GBA.

I have been playing a lot of Silent Hill lately and I'm obviously still loving it. The originals are always the best after all.

The thing I love most is that you'll end up not using your guns much since ammo is very scarce. And your stuck a bunch of things out to get you. So :D