Awoo.

Has ASRT made you want to try out other Sega games?

Badnik Mechanic

If you have a 360, SC5-Part 2 (the best of the two) is on sale for Black Friday, for 400 MSP.

Awesome I have PS3 and 360 and I think it's on both.

I'll be sure to get it. :)

If you have a 360, SC5-Part 2 (the best of the two) is on sale for Black Friday, for 400 MSP.

Aaaand now I've got one more on the back log. Not sure whether to thank you or not, haha. :P

Anybody who wants to check out an After Burner game, I def recommend After Burner Climax. It's on XBLA and PSN. The speeds are insane, the power ups are awesome and did I mention the speeds? Awesome game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will highly recommend the Panzer Dragoon Saga If you're into an on-rails shooter with dragons, what makes it different from normal on rails shooters is you have a 360 camera rotation and attack radius, so you can attack enemies from the front, left/right and back, this changes up strategy and gameplay when in the heat of battle. The music is amazing all the way through, the cutscenes are intense, especially for a Saturn game and the story is engaging and very good, the first game is brilliant, but Zwei and Orta are even better.

Also, can I tell people who haven't played OutRun yet to go play OutRun? I've only played the original and OutRun 2 but man do I love those games. Seriously, go track down OutRun 2 if you've never played one of them, and if you pick it up for the XBOX, try to play it on that system because it runs much better than it would on the 360. It was made by Sumo, includes the original arcade game as an unlockable (there are codes for everything if you just want to jump into the action), the environments still look great to this day, it handles very well, and is one of the best sequels to an arcade classic I've witnessed.

The mission modes are also rather similar to what you get in Transformed, it's like a neat bonus reference every time I get to a drifting mission in this game, haha.

Edited by Mykonos

Also, can I tell people who haven't played OutRun yet to go play OutRun? I've only played the original and OutRun 2 but man do I love those games. Seriously, go track down OutRun 2 if you've never played one of them, and if you pick it up for the XBOX, try to play it on that system because it runs much better than it would on the 360. It was made by Sumo, includes the original arcade game as an unlockable (there are codes for everything if you just want to jump into the action), the environments still look great to this day, it handles very well, and is one of the best sequels to an arcade classic I've witnessed.

The mission modes are also rather similar to what you get in Transformed, it's like a neat bonus reference every time I get to a drifting mission in this game, haha.

OutRun is also on XBLA...Well OutRun 2 is, but it supports Online and it's damn good, i'ts only 800 Microsoft Points!

I'd suggest Panzer Dragoon Saga if it wasn't so f***ing expensive. Also, if I suggest it, then people will buy it and in turn drive the price and rarity up so I'll never be able to own it. :P

But I do suggest Orta for sure, it's BC on the 360 and includes the original game as an unlockable. From there, pick up Zwei (the second title) on the Saturn if you enjoy the series. Oh! And Crimson Dragon, not a SEGA title but pretty much the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon, is coming soonish to XBLA Kinect.

I'd suggest Panzer Dragoon Saga if it wasn't so f***ing expensive. Also, if I suggest it, then people will buy it and in turn drive the price and rarity up so I'll never be able to own it. tongue.png

But I do suggest Orta for sure, it's BC on the 360 and includes the original game as an unlockable. From there, pick up Zwei (the second title) on the Saturn if you enjoy the series. Oh! And Crimson Dragon, not a SEGA title but pretty much the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon, is coming soonish to XBLA Kinect.

Orta is backwards compatible, but crashes after the 2nd mission, so it isn't really BC because it's bugged to freeze on a 360, to play it you need an Xbox.

Seeing all this Vyse and Skies of Arcadia love makes me happy. Seriously, get the game. It may or may not be coming to XBLA/PSN (IIRC it was on a list with other games, right?) but I definitely hope to see it on a downloadable platform soon.

I have yet to play NiGHTS, but I'm definitely getting on that once I clear out my embarassing backlog.

Edited by Solly

Orta is backwards compatible, but crashes after the 2nd mission, so it isn't really BC because it's bugged to freeze on a 360, to play it you need an Xbox.

I thought that was PAL only, I've been able to play the US version fine.

Might just be PAL then? so Europe can't play it on a 360 xD

Looked into it, and YUP! It's just the PAL version. There is a way around it, but it'll take time:

The only way I see to skip this part of the game that crashes, is to unlock everything in the Pandora's Box without having to complete the game. How? play for a total of 20 hours in the first three stages again and again and again (try to end game without crashing, to save the time)... when you reach 20 total hours you will unlock everything in the Pandora's Box, stage selection included an other option is to buy an xbox.

Doh, i've forgoten one... so has everybody else.

Mainly because the one in ASRT is actually based off the 3DS version, though I do very much recommend the Mega CD version. Mainly because the Mega CD version has an amazing soundtrack to go along with the game, especially the boss fights. Also with the mega CD version, you get to fight Spiderman and Batman who were both used without permission from Marvel or DC!

What game is that? The Rvenge of Shinobi! Headphone users be very afraid, turn your speakers down!

In case you're wondering, no, Batman and Spiderman were not used with permission from Marvel/DC. Hey S0L can we illegally add Batman and Spiderman to ASRT? I'm sure they won't mind.

Of course thats quite silly.... But at least you're not a ninja who ends up in a scenario where he fights a terminator/incredable hulk clone who just

AH WWHOOOOAAA!!! (skip to 2:30)

Oh yeah, ASRT lead to me buying Shinobi 3DS before ASRT released. I've near completed it and it's a great game! Not as good as some of the originals, but still a lot of fun.

Skies of Arcadia is the only one I never got around to. Final Fantasy had me satisfied on the RPG front back then.

Burning Rangers, I'm actually lacking the disc for. It's one of those Saturn games that still commands full retail or higher and I always forget about tracking it down.

OutRun is also on XBLA...Well OutRun 2 is, but it supports Online and it's damn good, i'ts only 800 Microsoft Points!

It was actually delisted due to the Ferrari license expiring so you can't get it anymore...I still regret not getting it when I had the chance. :(

Really? i still have it, like my old xbox broke, so i got a new one a few years later, and re-downloaded the game since i've already paid for it and it was still there :/ that sucks though.

I will highly recommend the Panzer Dragoon Saga If you're into an on-rails shooter with dragons, what makes it different from normal on rails shooters is you have a 360 camera rotation and attack radius, so you can attack enemies from the front, left/right and back, this changes up strategy and gameplay when in the heat of battle. The music is amazing all the way through, the cutscenes are intense, especially for a Saturn game and the story is engaging and very good, the first game is brilliant, but Zwei and Orta are even better.

I'll check it out. :D

After palying Transformed and looking at all these characters from other SEGA games I feel like I've missed out on alot of SEGA's games.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

Outrun 2 XBLA is based on Outrun 2 SP though, so It doesnt have the tracks of Outrun 2, only Outrun 2 SP.

The best deal is Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast, that includes both versions. I think is retrocompatible on 360.

Aaaand now I've got one more on the back log. Not sure whether to thank you or not, haha

Well, I hope you end up thanking me (so that means you enjoyed the game :))

• Thumbs Up 2

It's reminded me that I really need to pick up Burning Rangers. I collect Saturn games but have never got around to this one, maybe due to the price of the English version though i might settle for the Japanese version as it's cheaper and comes with a bonus music CD. :)

Also those who don't get what's so special about the car mode of AGES needs to go download Daytona USA off PSN or XBLA.

Well, I hope you end up thanking me (so that means you enjoyed the game smile.png)

I played through the first Report and had a good time. I'm not very good at music games but I'm really digging the game's style. I'll have to give it a better go once I'm home from work. So thank you! Haha.

I played through the first Report and had a good time. I'm not very good at music games but I'm really digging the game's style. I'll have to give it a better go once I'm home from work. So thank you! Haha.

Thats cool :)

I have a somewhat middle-to-good ear and still had some problems at the begining.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep! ASRT got me to try out the Golden Axe and Shinobi games; ASR got me to try out Bonanza Brothers and Fantasy Zone.

Burning Rangers is the only represented game that I didn't get to try at any point in my life. I hope it gets released digitally at some point because, it's not exactly running cheap for Saturn (not to mention my Saturn broke).

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome