Awoo.

Has ASRT made you want to try out other Sega games?

Badnik Mechanic

ASR made me want to play fantasy zone and alex kidd games and this game slightly makes me want to play skies of arcadia and burning rangers I just wish burning rangers had an easy to get system.

It made me want to try skies of arcadia.

I now have a near mint copy of it for dreamcast in the mail for Xmas.

As BD Joe says 'we gun have some fun'

I can honestly see SEGA Porting SoA and Burning Rangers in the future, especially with we got Virtual On and Fighting Vipers already.

• Thumbs Up 1

They better use the Gamecube version as a base, lots of extras and a lower encounter rate.

They're going to use the GameCube, because it's called Dreamcast Collection smile.png With all seriousness, does any SEGA game re-release is from the original source console? XD

Edited by Jingle

Jet Set Radio did, but it was ported by a much better team than most of the other Dreamcast ports, as seen here.

Skies of Arcadia should be the GameCube version, but with the Dreamcast's audio.

They better use the Gamecube version as a base, lots of extras and a lower encounter rate.

I second this, they better use the Gamecube version

I hope for a Burning Rangers and Billy Hatcher re-release too, and possibly one day in the future, Alex Kidd get's it's games revived. Burning Rangers was the biggest surprise representation in ASRT, being a game that not so many people heard of.

Shoot, their are a ton of Sega franchises that can have potential, one of these days.....

• Thumbs Up 1

...Erm, no.

Looking at the tracks and stuff in action, no it doesn't make me want to check out other IPs. I already checked out Super Monkey Ball and Chu Chu Rocket on my own volition, the rest just don't engage my attention, whether it be here, in the prequel, in the Riders series or even in the Sonic Adventure games.

I guess I'm just kind of resistant against cross-advertising.

I think I've played all the games represented in ASRT

I own Burning Rangers and the original Skies of Arcadia (both fantastic games), I have the Dreamcast Jet Set (didn't hold my interest for very long), I own NiGHTS & XMas NiGHTS, I've played the Golden Axe & Shinobi games many many times over the past 20 years and Crazy Taxi only works for me if it has the OffSpring/Bad Religion soundtrack

The only 2 games I really couldn't get into were Super Monkey Ball and Ristar

Edited by JiXmas Hedgehog

Going the opposite direction of this topic: I think I've yet to play as B.D.Joe OR Amy in playing ASRT... and I have about 15 hours logged. I really should play as them at some point.

I wanted to play Burning Rangers before ASRT, because I fookin' love the Saturn, but alas, it's amongst the rarest Saturn games in the UK.

I wanted to play Burning Rangers before ASRT, because I fookin' love the Saturn, but alas, it's amongst the rarest Saturn games in the UK.

You could always get an action replay to bypass the region lock and grab yourself an american copy.

Catch being - despite being waaay more US copies out there than UK, they'll still cost you an arm and a leg.

Unfortunately, it looks like the only ones I'm interested in but haven't already played are difficult-to-impossible to get reasonably (especially given that I'd need a new, used console as well as the game in one case).  On the other hand, they keep alleging that the Wii U shop is supposed to be getting GC games on the VC, so maybe some of the missing will come out there.

What is Burning Rangers about anyway?  I have a hard time with that track because I keep looking around and trying to figure it out, so I'm not paying attention to the race.

What is Burning Rangers about anyway?  I have a hard time with that track because I keep looking around and trying to figure it out, so I'm not paying attention to the race.

It's basically futuristic Fire Fighters with Jet Packs lol, they save people from natural disasters like floods, fires, earthquakes etc. It's just over-hyped Japanese fire fighters with blatant Virtual-On influence.

We may get it on XBLA/PSN but i just remembered Burning Rangers was a Saturn title, and SEGA told us the coding they used for those games are ridiculous as fuck to work with complexity wise, this is how we only recently got Guardian Heroes, so it might take some time to port, however Sumo has at least opened the window for SEGA to take advantage of shoving hidden gems in our faces if they bother to look past Sonic Adventure 2 and Fighters, it'd also be cool if they bothered to port Skies of Arcadia, but Burning Rangers is an experience that has to be well... Experienced to end up Appreciating it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Talking about Burning Rangers, I wonder how was Sumo's negotiations with the IP owners, because it's a franchise by Sonic Team when Yuji Naka was in charge. NiGHTS too.

Fire-fighters with jet packs, of course.  Silly me, not recognizing such a classic theme! laugh.png   Thanks for the clarification.  Actually it sounds pretty interesting, and I'd pick up a version I could play if I saw one - but sans Saturn, there apparently aren't any.

Finally picked up NiGHTS into Dreams on PSN.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been as active as I have wanted to be since christmas. I got a lot of Sega games before and after. Since I usually post on the Sega forums, I have been there for a while but I've taken a break from my games to come back to this thread. I've been kinda glancing over this forum every day but not posting. Anyway, here's what this game and the sega/sonic stadium forum has made me try out:

-Bayonetta (I love this game, now I understand why people want her in the game. I loved this game so much, I pre-ordered Anarchy reigns. If I like that game, I'll set my sights on saving the money for mad world)

-Jet Set Radio (I got the HD version, love it, some missions were kinda hard which made it challenging [A good challenging], I plan to collect a cheap dreamcast version for the shelves and JSRF)

-Phantasy Star Universe (I want to try out the original fantasy star, but I couldn't get it unfortunately. I'll be trying that on another time. This game is fun, but gets boring at some points for me at least, but I finished chapter 1 when the next game arrived at my door)

-Skies of Arcadia (SO MUCH FUN!!!! I played it all day today, then was told to stop because of the excessive time I have spent. I plan to play it more tomorrow, I switched over to the next game.)

-Fighter's Megamix (Unlocked all characters, my favorite is Rent-a-hero, maybe I'll check out his game. It's fun, but since I don't have another controller for my saturn, I can't play versus. It seems like 2 player is more fun)

-Shenmue (I ordered it, but the first disc came scratched and unplayable. I sent it back and ordered another one. It should come any day now)

-Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of time (Haven't played it yet. It's not high on my priorities....I asked for the first game but received this one instead. I've heard talk around the forums that it's a bad game....)

-EMULATOR (I have a couple games for a genesis emulator that I have played a bit but will only fully play once I have them on my genesis. Those are:

-Ristar

-Vectorman

-Golden Axe

-Shinobi

-Outrun

-Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

-Afterburner

-Fantasy Zone

As you see I have become quite the sega fan!

-I believe I have mentioned this before, but I already tried NiGHTS because of this series. I have NiGHTS into dreams..., Christmas NiGHTS, and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. Great franchise.

-I believe I have played every Sonic game possible except for some Japan exclusives..... (I have played SegaSonic the Hedgehog).

-I plan to try samba de amigo and billy hatcher

-I have super monkey ball 1 for the gamecube, never beat the story, I used to play that quite a bit when I was younger, I plan to go back and beat the story

-I have played Crazy taxi in the arcades many times, but I plan to get a home edition (Is that possible? That's one thing I haven't researched yet)

Edited by SilverTH

Don't have the game yet, but it did influence my decision to get Jet Set Radio during the Steam holiday sale. Best $5 I've ever spent. In return I'm feeling a lot more positive about Gum being playable in ASRT, I like her more than Beat now. She could even become one of my mains. Already played Billy Hatcher and Vectorman, glad they both got a bit of representation in ASRT even if it's not much.

I've wanted to play NiGHTS Into Dreams for a long time but haven't gotten around to it, may get the Steam version sometime. If After Burner becomes available on a platform I own then I may give that series a shot too. Seeing Sanctuary Falls and hearing the amazing Sky Sanctuary/Back In Time music almost makes me want to play Sonic R again...almost. 

I absolutely loathed the Burning Rangers track.

But I still want to try it out..

Shenmue will not run on my dreamcast.....any ideas on how to play it?

Burning Rangers is a bloody legendary game, and I would love it if SEGA could somehow get it released onto XBLA/PSN. Had it on the Saturn and it was by far one of my favourite games for that system.

I'm probably one of the few people who's actually played at least one game from every franchise featured in ASRT up to this point in time, unless you want to be pedantic and include Ralph & Danica in there, as I've never played a NASCAR game nor have I played either of the Wreck-It-Ralph tie-ins :P

An update to what I said before:

-Still playing Skies and loving it. I've almost beaten it. I play to get Legends and get 100% on everything.

-I bought a whole new dreamcast to play Shenmue on. It arrived with Jet Grind Radio, Crazy Taxi, and a couple other dreamcast games. I played a bit today, I plan to finish Skies then play Shenmue (In anticipation for Ryo's announcement as DLC). 

- Ordered Shinobi 3DS and plan to get into Shinobi more

Played NiGHTS HD some time ago. It's got charm, and whimsy and it's a neat little game, but I kinda don't get what all the fuss is about. I'm sure it was amazing for its time but it's aged poorly with regards to gameplay.

I've also been replaying Skies of Arcadia. I beat the game before but this time I'm trying to become Vyse the Legend. To help, I've been using a player's guide for all the treasure and discoveries, and I'm just gonna say that finding some of these under really vague instructions can be a huge pain in the ass. Otherwise, it's a great game and I still love it.