Awoo.

Has ASRT made you want to try out other Sega games?

Badnik Mechanic

It made me want to try Burning Rangers :) .

Also ASRT made my 1-year-old niece like Ulala (Or Alala as she says XD)

ok, lets take a look at the represented series here, and my experience with them

Sonic: played every major game and spin-off, except for Knuckles's Chaotix and maybe some few more

Super Monkey Ball: played some arcade, the Banana Blitz and SMB 2 for iOS

NiGHTS: played both to death on Saturn, Wii and 360

Jet Set radio: the first one on 360. I want to play the Future

Space Channel 5: Only the part 2 on Dreamcast collection

Crazy Taxi: I played a lot the original on Dreamcast, and tried twice the second

Golden Axe: played the first on Genesis, played the 2nd and 3rd on emulator, and also the 360 one

Shinobi: played the "Revenge of Shinobi" to death on the Genesis, the 3rd on emulator. I want to play the 3DS one

Samba de Amigo: I played the Wii one a lot

The House of the dead: barely tried 3-4 games at arcades

Outrun: played the original, really tempted to play the 2006 one

Daytona: played a lot the saturn one

After Burner: tried on Shenmue :P

Billy Hatcher: played a bit

Shenmue: played more times than I can possibly remember, both of them, on both DC and Xbox

Fantasy Zone: tried once

Virtua Fighter: tried the second and had fun with the last one

Chu Chu Rocket: had a lot of fun on DC

... now to the series I didn't try

Panzer Dragoon: non really that tempted to

Skies of Arcadia: A LOT TEMPTED

Burning Rangers: quite tempted

• 2 weeks later...

Just beat the first Shenmue....I can't wait to order the next one. I am now a Shenmue supporter

I /OBVIOUSLY/ have played Daytona USA before this game. I have to say, AGES was REALLY a great thing with its Hornet, considering when I was 7 or around that age I would spend a thousand of coins playing in the arcades. It was... The best feeling possible. Then they closed the arcade and I was left hating everything.

Besides that, I had played After Burner and Fantasy Zone before. I had Samba de Amigo Wii before I even got the first ASR, and I have played various The House of the Dead games. Oh and I played Golden Axe and NiGHTS at least once. I believe. Oh and Jet Set Radio.

But ASRT made me try Billy Hatcher and OutRun, mostly for the songs. I mean, Chilly Castle and OutRun Bay have WONDERFUL songs. Tumbling Xylophones is a masterpiece. And OutRun Bay has the best dubstep I've ever heard. I probably have to play Shenmue too someday.

Should probably mention OutRun doesn't actually have Dubstep in it's original tracks lol :P Still brilliant music though!

I really wanna try Panzer Dragoon, Burning Rangers, and Skies of Arcadia now.

I don't normally like RPG's but Skies of Arcadia is amazing.

ASRT has actually piqued my interest for a few games. First and foremost, I think it made me interested in Skies of Arcadia, as I think Vyse is pretty cool in ASRT. I also have some interest for Jet Set Radio, as Beat is a character I like to play as every now and then. And finally, I think the Chilly Castle song just got me interested in Billy Hatcher even if Billy himself was not in the game. :P

The game, the Sonic series, and one of my best friends really made me want to try Nights! I finally played it just last week and it's got some slippery controls! Or maybe its just the port?

I actually own Billy Hatcher (which isn't that great) and I've been playing JSRF since it was released. It's one of my all time favorite games; in fact I just found it the other day and I've been replaying it for the good times. I heard Panzer Dragoon was very good, but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

The game, the Sonic series, and one of my best friends really made me want to try Nights! I finally played it just last week and it's got some slippery controls! Or maybe its just the port?

I actually own Billy Hatcher (which isn't that great) and I've been playing JSRF since it was released. It's one of my all time favorite games; in fact I just found it the other day and I've been replaying it for the good times. I heard Panzer Dragoon was very good, but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Interestingly enough (and I hope I don't get hated on because of this), I find the Jet set/grind radio series to be quite boring... But I love Billy Hatcher. I guess it could be because I played Billy when I was 5 versus JSRF when I was 17. I mean, I love JSRF's soundtrack, but I often found myself just wanting to go play something else after a few missions. 

Ironically, Bayonetta...

Through ASRT I found that Bayonetta had remixed three of the same songs and I fell in love with that styled...mesmerized by those sultry tones..

Ironically, Bayonetta...

Through ASRT I found that Bayonetta had remixed three of the same songs and I fell in love with that styled...mesmerized by those sultry tones..

Play Outrun 2 and After Burner Climax...

Altough sadly, Outrun Online Arcade has been pulled from the Marketplace.

It's kind of a bummer, that most people nowadays get introduced to the classic Space Harrier, Outrun and After Burner OST's trough Bayonetta.

It's kind of a bummer, that most people nowadays get introduced to the classic Space Harrier, Outrun and After Burner OST's trough Bayonetta.

"It's a shame that people get introduced to music from these good games through another good game."

Hell, I got introduced to some great pieces of classical music through Bugs Bunny, so I'm not seeing the problem here. 

"It's a shame that people get introduced to music from these good games through another good game."

Hell, I got introduced to some great pieces of classical music through Bugs Bunny, so I'm not seeing the problem here. 

Ditto.

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all, I'm afraid. The music's nice and catchy, but I'm just not really feeling the appeal. The characters are half the appeal of a game to me... if you don't have a lead character that attracts my interest, chances are I won't really be interested in checking it out. I checked out the Onmyou Taisenki anime simply because I liked the look of the main character's Shikigami.

I also blame that I'm a more casual gamer. I usually stick to a few franchises and don't really branch out... a contrast to many of my friends, who are "Play for the sake of playing" gamers. Needless to say I have trouble fitting in sometimes.

It was not Transformed but Sonic and SEGA Allstars racing who get me introduced to Nights, Jet Set Radio, Billy Hatcher, Samba de Amigo, Crazy Taxi, Outrun, Shenmue and Banjo Kazooie. Any chance i have to get these games either i'ts on stores or as a HD remix, i take it.

The series has gotten me to play Jet Set Radio. After seeing Beat and hearing the music from Jet Set Radio is the first All-Stars Racing, I went out and found myself a copy of Jet Set Radio Future.

I attempted to play Skies of Arcadia after seeing Vyse and the Rogue's Landing track in ASRT, but I couldn't quite get into it. Turn based RPGs' aren't my thing.

Now, one game that I am very interested in playing would be Burning Rangers. The love the track and remix in ASRT, and after searching up some footage and music from the game, I REALLY want to play it. It looks so rad.

I want to play Skies of Arcadia and the Panzer Dragoon games, but the former is difficult to find for a cheap price and the latter even more so! Not to mention I don't have a SEGA Saturn... ;-;

However, I have played JSR and it's great fun. I think the best thing about that game though, is the music. It's awesome!

It was not Transformed but Sonic and SEGA Allstars racing who get me introduced to Nights, Jet Set Radio, Billy Hatcher, Samba de Amigo, Crazy Taxi, Outrun, Shenmue and Banjo Kazooie. Any chance i have to get these games either i'ts on stores or as a HD remix, i take it.

This topic is asking you if the Sega Superstars series has gotten you interested in playing other Sega games, Banjo Kazooie was a third party console exclusive character with no relation with Sega.  

Eh, not most of them to be honest.

Even though I don't consider myself a huge RPG fan, I am interested in Skies of Arcadia.

I get the impression that the game has a fantastic soundtrack. My favorite theme in this racing game is from that particular stage.

I'm interested in the Jet Set Radio games as well. Many people tell me that the first game is better than the second, therefore I'll look into that first.

Edited by canderson

I feel zero interest in the other titles really. What sells me well usually is either a gameplay trailer or an interesting character design. I don't really find any of the character designs in the game appealing.

Only Sega titles I indulge in are Sonic and Total War, with an interest in Bayonetta. I do dig the music in Transformed though, so I can guess the awesome music of the Sonic games is also in the other SEGA titles.