Awoo.

Metroid: Other M

SuperStingray

I like Samus as a character and I like how she's sexy and feminine while still being strong and capable. She isn't some generic manly space marine; she has heart and I like it.

No yeah, that's pretty much Samus. She's a badass, but at the same time she's a woman. She's just as likely to blast the fuck out of small spiked creatures as she would croon over a newborn.

In fact, she does. A newborn Metroid. Literally the only reason she didn't kill it was the fact that she knew she was it's adoptive mother the second she watched it hatch.

Also you should at least pick up Prime Trilogy. The Prime games aren't very FPS like in the sense of "Go here, shoot this, win mission", and they feel so much like Metroid games. The levels of exploration and atmosphere, along with the best story in the whole series is just orgasmic. And then Trilogy fixes like, all the issues. All of them. And you don't need Fusion to unlock the Fusion suit, which is great.

also steel case, art booklet filled with oh my god art made of pure sexual feelings and emotions, and did I mention the steel case? It's a great case. It's steel. It's awesome.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth
  • Thumbs Up 1

Beat the main story last night (THAT LAST SCENE! WITH THE THINGS AND THE MISSILES AND THE TARGETING I DIED 5 TIMES TILL I WORKED IT OUT), and the game grew on me. I didn't particularly like it at first, there were a few dick moves the game threw at me that I didn't like (I keep sarcastically saying sometimes I need the reflexes of a ninja. Gettit? Yeah it's terrible). But as the game progressed, it grew on me, mainly because I eventually became a train and ran everywhere :B To me the story didn't bother me (Bar the infamous breakdown in fear) I liked it, even if it could've all been averted if some dudes weren't stupid :3c

I also hated the fight against the Queen Metroid, purely because of the fact that about three times I died during the Metroid spawning phase because Samus seemed to lack the ability to lock onto them when I'm trying to freeze them. But also because of the final part where you need to use a power bomb, and, there's no indication you CAN. That was the only time I actually checked a flippin FAQ about a boss. I had no idea what the hell to do. Yeah I died a few times on Ridley, but that wasn't because the game didn't tell me I could do things :V

I'm currently on the item hunt now, 100%'d Sector 2 (Man some of the items were tricksy) and going through Sector 3 now. I figured I'd work my way through the other sectors before 1 and what lies beyond :B

Edited by DarkOverord

Also you should at least pick up Prime Trilogy. The Prime games aren't very FPS like in the sense of "Go here, shoot this, win mission", and they feel so much like Metroid games. The levels of exploration and atmosphere, along with the best story in the whole series is just orgasmic. And then Trilogy fixes like, all the issues. All of them. And you don't need Fusion to unlock the Fusion suit, which is great.

I don't get on well with FPS games; it's that simple.

I tried playing Bioshock a while ago because I enjoyed watching people play through the story but I couldn't even fire the lightningbolt plasmid straight. It was the same sort of story with Prime 2; I just wasn't enjoying it due to the FPS controls just not being fun for me. That's probably why I like Other M because it's like the old platforming Metroids (which I do like) in 3D with a bit of the FPS mode; enough to let me get on with but not too much that makes the game less enjoyable for me.

also steel case, art booklet filled with oh my god art made of pure sexual feelings and emotions, and did I mention the steel case? It's a great case. It's steel. It's awesome.

Only problem with this is Nintendo stopped publishing this months ago and now it's extremely difficult to find outside of second dealers like ebay. Not even Gamestop has it anymore.

I don't get on well with FPS games; it's that simple.

I tried playing Bioshock a while ago because I enjoyed watching people play through the story but I couldn't even fire the lightningbolt plasmid straight. It was the same sort of story with Prime 2; I just wasn't enjoying it due to the FPS controls just not being fun for me. That's probably why I like Other M because it's like the old platforming Metroids (which I do like) in 3D with a bit of the FPS mode; enough to let me get on with but not too much that makes the game less enjoyable for me.

So you just have trouble with the firing? Ever play one of the Wii's FPS? It's so much fucking easier. And especially in Trilogy or Corruption, where you can just lock on and then your only issue is pointing, if you have issues with that, then you can change the lock on to fix your aim.

You have no excuse. None. Muwah. Ha ha ha.

Only problem with this is Nintendo stopped publishing this months ago and now it's extremely difficult to find outside of second dealers like ebay. Not even Gamestop has it anymore.

EBAY THE FUCKER.

I cannot stress how much every single one of you needs Trilogy. Stress how much I cannot.

Streeeelllll caaaaassseee.

I have simply never gotten on with FPS games; it's a fact. I'm not saying that they are bad, or I am bad as a player; simply that I don't enjoy playing them and find the controls awkward, even on Wii titles. In fact if I had to pick a part of Other M I disliked (as much as I like the concept), it'd be the FPS moments.

I've never seen a version of Trilogy in a metal case. The ones I normally see come in a slightly thicker packaging then a standard Wii game though.

I've never seen a version of Trilogy in a metal case. The ones I normally see come in a slightly thicker packaging then a standard Wii game though.

They ALL come in a metal case. It's just got a plastic sleeve on it.

EBAY THE FUCKER.

I cannot stress how much every single one of you needs Trilogy. Stress how much I cannot.

Streeeelllll caaaaassseee.

Personally if Nintendo would just start publishing Trilogy again with a regular case I'd buy it. I just want the game. I can't understand why Nintendo gave this game such a short print run when it's still in such high demand to this day.

Personally if Nintendo would just start publishing Trilogy again with a regular case I'd buy it. I just want the game. I can't understand why Nintendo gave this game such a short print run when it's still in such high demand to this day.

I think they're making the games separately for the New Play Control series. I dunno why it would take them so long.

Also if you get Trilogy you need that case. It's not a luxury, it's a need.

I think they're making the games separately for the New Play Control series. I dunno why it would take them so long.

They were released that way in Japan, I think, so I don't know why that would be the cause.

Agreed, though, Prime Trilogy is pretty much the greatest thing ever. I'm glad I picked it up when I did; I didn't realize until a couple of months later that it was such a limited release.

http://www.siliconer...er-m-interview/

This information comes from producer Yoshio Sakamoto, and directors Yosuke Hayashi (Team Ninja) and Ryuzi Kitaura (D-Rockets)...

- dev team consisted of over 100 people

- Chief planner Kazutaka Otsuka had this to say about Sakamoto being rather tough during development: “His axe really comes down hard!”

- Sakamoto wouldn't budge on certain gameplay elements, such as the sense move being available in first-person mode as well

- Team Ninja had trouble making this work, and Sakamoto pointed to other Nintendo games to show how these features could work

- “I was so mortified that I couldn’t even sleep that night.” - Otsuka

- Sakamoto would send directions on how cut-scenes should work, offering up frame-by-frame details via email

- “Actually, there were many times when what we made after spending considerable time was rejected and sent back to us. We’d then make it again, only for it to be rejected and sent back to us, again.” - Taiyo Kikaku’s Hidekatsu Nagasawa

- over 10,000 e-mails were exchanged between the four companies

- some face-to-face meetings went on for 7 or 8 hours

- “I’d have lunch during a meeting. I’d also have dinner. Sometimes I’d even have the next day’s breakfast!” - Nagasawa

- development reached a point where Sakamoto and the rest of the Metroid team at Nintendo moved from their headquarters in Kyoto to Tokyo

- “You were away for so long, when I met Sakamoto-san in E3, we were practically greeting each other like long lost friends!” - art director, Takeihiko Hosokawa

http://www.gonintend...y.php?id=135969

That's a lot of emails

Yeah well the actual game warrents a bigger need as I've found I'm having trouble playing the original 2 Prime games after having played Prime 3 and coverting to a 360 player with its miriad of shooter games. If Gamestop has a used copy with no box I'll gladly buy it.

And as far as I know Nintendo has no plans to publish the Wii controled Prime games in countries outside of Japan in any form. Of which I have to again ask why? Nintendo, I want to give you money. I was going to give you money once I got my hands on $50 to buy the Prime Trilogy. Why won't you let me give you money?

Edited by Yong
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah well the actual game warrents a bigger need as I've found I'm having trouble playing the original 2 Prime games after having played Prime 3 and coverting to a 360 player with its miriad of shooter games. If Gamestop has a used copy with no box I'll gladly buy it.

And as far as I know Nintendo has no plans to publish the Wii controled Prime games in countries outside of Japan in any form. Of which I have to again ask why? Nintendo, I want to give you money. I was going to give you money once I got my hands on $50 to buy the Prime Trilogy. Why won't you let me give you money?

I think it's on Ebay for $50.

It's not hard to find online, just in stores.

...Trilogy only came in a normal case here in Europe ;_;

It had a special shiny sleeve thingy and the art book and whatever other extras there may have been, but no metal case for us. Just a plain old Wii one.

Sadface.

...Trilogy only came in a normal case here in Europe ;_;

It had a special shiny sleeve thingy and the art book and whatever other extras there may have been, but no metal case for us. Just a plain old Wii one.

Sadface.

I think there was a limited number of metal cases here :V But yeah, I'm in the same boat, normal case, shiny cardboard sleeve +extras

m3.jpg

On the left is with the plastic sleeve, and right is the case.

I cannot stress how much sex it is. I can't even. It's always cold when you pick it up, like you always imagine metal to feel right? Always cold.

So fucking great.

also the game is good too but oh my god the case.

I think there was a limited number of metal cases here :V But yeah, I'm in the same boat, normal case, shiny cardboard sleeve +extras

As far as I'm aware they were all plastic cases here. Certainly in all the shops I went in, and I was in there literally the minute the doors opened on launch day.

God bless Nintendo and its eternal screwing over of Europe.

As far as I'm aware they were all plastic cases here. Certainly in all the shops I went in, and I was in there literally the minute the doors opened on launch day.

God bless Nintendo and its eternal screwing over of Europe.

I thought the metal cases were for those lucky few who preordered early enough =/

I thought the metal cases were for those lucky few who preordered early enough =/

Hmm maybe, can't say I heard anything about it though.

Still, Nintendo screwed us over. There's no denying that. Fortunately the game is awesome enough to make up for it.

I think it's on Ebay for $50.

It's not hard to find online, just in stores.

Yeah, for bids. Most buy now listings are in the $90 range. I'm holding off on the online second hand auction sites for the time being.

I got it in like, June, off of Amazon. In fact it's still there. Albeit for $78... but it's absolutely worth your money for three brilliant games and a fancy case.

*Is probably the only person in the world who doesn't care about fancy cases and just wants the games packaged in decent form*

I play the games not the cases after all.

Speaking of Metal Cases. Someone stepped on mine and wrecked it. D:

Yeah, it dents waaayy too easily. It's a little annoying having to be so careful with it.