Awoo.

Violins

KHCast

Violins. There a masterpiece of god. That's what I think anyway. Whenever I hear them I seriously only hear beauty. I first fell in love with these instruments when I was like 7. There to me, can never be to much violin.:P What hasn't been touched by the Violin? Movies, Musicals, Orchestra's,Video Games,etc. I love that there is a lot that people have used the violin in to make it feel so different. I probably like the way Violins have been used in Video games the most. There able to create a amazing atmosphere for your environment. You want dramatic fast paced? Look at crisis city Modern. You want Sad or deep? Or serious and engaging? Look at the entire Kingdom hearts series!

My point is the Violin is a intriguing and amazing instrument that is always being used to create new pieces that always astonish. What do you think of the Violin? What pieces that rely on the use of Violin really got you lovin it?

• Thumbs Up 7

I honestly think it's one of the instruments with the most touching timbre. Pieces with violin almost always get a huge boost in feeling and flow and... it's just beautiful.

Since we're in a Sonic forum, I might as well post a Sonic tune that uses violins masterfully.

• Thumbs Up 1

Violins are strange because they can get you in the best mood and the saddest mood, they're extremely powerful. Lots of movies where people ball their eyes out abuse the hell out of them haha.

Beautiful instrument. It can really add to the emotion of a piece of music. But not just in sadness. I think it is a very versatile instrument, more than people give it credit for, and it can be used to enhance lots of different styles. Here's one song that comes to mind.

Though if we're talking about downright sad and depressing music, I think the piano can do a better job at tearjerking. Still, violin is lovely, and VERY classy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a bit obsessed with violins at one point and got one for my birthday a few years back. I'll tell you right now that they're the most unforgiving instrument to learn, D:. Expect to sound like dying cats when you first start haha.

I'm more of a cello guy, but same family. I like the deeper sound, but not as deep as a double bass of course.

• Thumbs Up 3

I am now going to explain to you the most epic use of the Violin in Sonic histroy.

Just LISTEN TO THIS.They somehow managed to get the snowy, slightly mournful Violin blends with the fast paced techno beat PERFECTLY. it's pure eargasm.

I am now going to explain to you the most epic use of the Violin in Sonic histroy.

Just LISTEN TO THIS.They somehow managed to get the snowy, slightly mournful Violin blends with the fast paced techno beat PERFECTLY. it's pure eargasm.

This is somehow related to the concept and also really beautiful:

I can't name the songs but I know Assassins Creed 3 took advantage of Violins in much of it's soundtrack.(also surprised no ones mention Final Fantasy yet.tongue.png)

Movies wise, Disney products really did appeal to me the most with scores from Pirates,Brave and Ratatouille.

Edited by Riku

Fuck yo violins.

Cello is a greater instrument. Its a man's instrument! It plays dirges of the soul.

Now give us lower strings credit for being the backbone of the orchestra! D: <

• Violin
  • Piano
  • Guitar

My three favorite instruments; all three are awesome on account of being very versatile and capable of amazing stuff, with the first two being more classy and the latter just being cool.

I love the violin. I'm unfortunately not able to play it, but it's definitely something I enjoy listening to. Just listen

to this stuff.

<3