Awoo.

Team Sonic Achievement Thread

tenchibr

As you know, Team Sonic is really tough to get, because not only do you need to have 4 controllers, you have to play a 10 player race and have each car be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

So in times like these, people do what's called "boosting": basically we help each other out if you are interested. Each player wins and we alternate.

Obviously this is only relevant to those that own the PS3 and 360 versions AND you have 4 controllers. If you have a combination of controllers + peripherals like Rock Band instruments, theoretically it should work as well (I can do it on the 360).

So, we need at least 3 people with a combination of 4 controllers/peripherals and we take turns to get the achievement. I thought it was worth opening a thread dedicated to it so everyone can see who needs it still. When you get your achievement, edit your post to say you got it so others can pair up accordingly.

If you are interested, post your info here and we can arrange it.

360 - tenchibr

Edit: A couple of notes...

- Samba Studios seems to be a good track to do this, because there's little to no change to the track, especially in the beginning;

- If using Rock Band instruments, their racers cannot accelerate, so some help will be needed by pushing them forward a little and moving everyone else behind them;

- You only need 1 person to win, then the 30 second countdown begins and sorts the racers out based on distance (will need to verify, there might have to be a need to make every racer go through at least 1 lap - which might cause problems for people like me with Rock Band instruments).

Edit 2:

I got the achievement, so this thread already paid off for me! That said, if I am free, I can always help in the future.

Edited by Phantom R / Tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 3

This topic will come in handy in the future. Alas I don't really have ASRT 360 yet, sadly.

I have no idea what SUMO was thinking when they did that achievement.

I don't have the game either, but I'd be willing to help anyone when I do get it. Probably will go hunting around this week. I only have 3 controllers though, so I can only be at most just filler. :n

I only have 3 controllers too :/ this achievement is confusing as shit *sigh*

I would appreciate any help, but if you don't have 4 controllers, and you cannot borrow from someone else, you cannot get it. Period.

It's not confusing, Soniko. It's pathetic however.

Soniko, if you can find anyone with another controller or if you have a Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitar/drum/whatever, that counts if it helps.

I really don't care about the achievement either way. Don't have any Rock Band equipment or whatnot and I don't feel any need to buy another controller just to get it. I'll just be there if anyone needs 3 extra slots to fill. GT's in the sig.

Great idea! Andrew and I have 4 or 5 Xbox pads somewhere, will need to dig them out though. Will be happy to get this and assist when we find them though! biggrin.png

Me - Heybunny (Xbox)

Andrew - Andytails

I don't need it but I'll help you out.

PS3 version. Just send me a PM when you've found a second guy to fill out the numbers with.

Oh and, on the PS3 version, if you have a blu-ray remote control, that will work. Some blu-ray devices that are compatible with the PS3 can be used.

Wait this is seriously an achievement? What the fuck?

I only have 2 controllers. I'm not going to spend $80 on 2 more for a fucking trophy.

Is there a trophy for winning a race with 2% battery life left too?

I have the xbox 360 game and have 4 controllers, I would love to help out and get that Achievement happy.png My xbox gamer tag is "CallieMacN"

Edited by CallieMacN
  • Thumbs Up 1

Between me and CallieMacN, that's 8/10 needed. Another person with 4 so we can unlock 3 achievements in a set would be ideal, but if there's anyone here with 2 that just wants to help out for the sake of helping out (even though you cannot get the achievement yourself), let us know. happy.png

Edit: Just saw Coral is up for it, will send an invite. Until she gets the game though, if there's anyone else, I would deeply love you forever.

This trick works! Tenchibr and I got the achievement using this method. If anyone hasXbox 360 game and needs someone with four controllers to fill up slots, just send me a friend request with a message attached and if I'm available I'll help out ^_^ My Xbox gamertag is CallieMacN

• Thumbs Up 1

This trick works! Tenchibr and I got the achievement using this method. If anyone hasXbox 360 game and needs someone with four controllers to fill up slots, just send me a friend request with a message attached and if I'm available I'll help out happy.png My Xbox gamertag is CallieMacN

Be aware though; she will kick your ass in-game. >.>

I getting close to getting all trophies and I need to get team sonic. i have a ps3 and 3 controllers i can probably borrow from someone, and so i need 6 people to help me out, to loose on purpose of course so my four players can race with no competion tongue.png, and to make it quick, shortest place to do it is ocean view, I think its the smallest.

so when I find 6 people who is willing to help, hopefully before this weekend start, I'll do the best I can to return the favor.

let me know if you want to help

quick question: there is an achievement where you have to come first in every grand prix on expert mode, and one of the GP i never came first but i'm not sure which one, how do I tell which one i have not come first in?

Edited by jordine

I getting close to getting all trophies and I need to get team sonic. i have a ps3 and 3 controllers i can probably borrow from someone, and so i need 6 people to help me out, to loose on purpose of course so my four players can race with no competion tongue.png, and to make it quick, shortest place to do it is ocean view, I think its the smallest.

so when I find 6 people who is willing to help, hopefully before this weekend start, I'll do the best I can to return the favor.

let me know if you want to help

All you need is 2 people, each totaling 6 "people" (either 2 + 4 or 3 + 3). Not 3, 4, 5, or 6. But of course, if those people don't even have multiple controllers, then yes, you will need more people; but they won't be able to get achievements otherwise.

quick question: there is an achievement where you have to come first in every grand prix on expert mode, and one of the GP i never came first but i'm not sure which one, how do I tell which one i have not come first in?

I haven't done GP yet so I cannot answer that question.

All you need is 2 people, each totaling 6 "people" (either 2 + 4 or 3 + 3). Not 3, 4, 5, or 6. But of course, if those people don't even have multiple controllers, then yes, you will need more people; but they won't be able to get achievements otherwise.

I haven't done GP yet so I cannot answer that question.

yea I noticed that too after i posted, so if any one on PS3 who has 4 controllers, please let me know and need 1 volunteer to fill in the last two slots,

please and thank you.

and i have found the GP i lost in and i got my trophy, so no more grand prix for me, unless i feel like it.

I'd like to help!

FaseehRules is the PSN ID but do tell me who you are before adding me!

That would be be great if you can. Have no idea, how I was going to get this otherwise. My PSN is ShadowYakuza99,

All right, so I tried to unlock this trophy on my PS3, twice.

Did it work? No. I played with 4 controllers with my relatives, and we managed to come 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th in both Single race and the Grand prix. But I didn't get the trophy, but I got the ''House party of the dead''...

Am I missing something? This is very confusing. Any help is appreciated. (I know I can get it by playing online, but asking for help from the method I tried to use would be the best)

Edited by Equinox

Are you doing it in single race, not custom race? And are you definately doing it in a 10 player race?

Otherwise I don't know why it shouldn't unlock.

Yes, in single race. I heard that you should avoid custom race because it wouldn't unlock there, and yes, it was a 10 player race.

It's really strange...