Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Speaking of AC3, did anyone else think it was funny how big 5-year-old Connor was? I was really confused, I thought he could now way in hell be only 5 then.

As for new places for the next AC, maybe China or Japan, I guess. I don't know enough history to think of a time and place that could be really interesting, but I think Asia is a fairly large departure in design than before, so it would be interesting.

And now this is slightly off-topic, but am the only one who love a Star Wars AC-type game? Jedi's Creed or whatever xP. I came to the idea while watching Cone Wars Onderon arc a while back and thought it would be really cool to play as a jedi, climbing building on different planets etc.

Speaking of AC3, did anyone else think it was funny how big 5-year-old Connor was? I was really confused, I thought he could now way in hell be only 5 then.

Well, it was five years later, he was a small child. That was fine, to me at least. What wasn't fine, what was quite jarring, was that in 1773 he was both his teen and adult self. There's a big difference between the two. It felt to me like the developers couldn't be bothered to sort out making teen Connor in '73 look more like his adult self, nor could they be bothered to put Connor's body and face and all that into the Assassin robes, so they decided just to use his full adult model. A bad decision, and a very disappointing one at that.

As for new places for the next AC, maybe China or Japan, I guess. I don't know enough history to think of a time and place that could be really interesting, but I think Asia is a fairly large departure in design than before, so it would be interesting.

Seems like everyone wants an East Asian setting, while I find myself bored out of my skull just contemplating it. I pine for Civil War England (mid-17th century, FYI), revolutionary Paris and London of late 18th century (Edinburgh as a secondary location?), ancient Rome, Greece or Babylonia/Assyria, maybe 1900s New York or something set in the 1950s. WW1 and WW2 could be interesting possible settings too, but would be hard to pull off without an Ezio-like arc taking us from being a young Assassin in traveling through war torn imperial Europe, to being a middle-aged Assassin reaching the height of his powers during the inter-war period, maybe hitting up the Weimar Republic, revolutionary Russia, even China under the Japanese boot of oppression, before, as a Master Assassin, he leads an enclave of Assassins through WW2 and beyond.

Another setting I feel could be done justice (and like the others, have probably already elucidated upon here): The story of Robin Hood! Make him an Assassin, recruited from among the Christian armies during the Crusades (taught by one of Altair's 'friends'?). Have him don non-traditional woodland-green robes, and travel to Nottingham, which at this time would make an ideal location for an AC game, and the gameplay mechanics from AC3 would make Sherwood and its surrounding countryside a dream to traverse. The Templar Sheriff of Nottingham's patrols and convoys getting robbed, our hero recruiting Assassins from all about to forge his merry band, Templar conspiracies to steal the throne of England, sneaking into castles to disrupt the Sheriff's dastardly schemes... Frankly, it's the ideal setting.

And now this is slightly off-topic, but am the only one who love a Star Wars AC-type game? Jedi's Creed or whatever xP. I came to the idea while watching Cone Wars Onderon arc a while back and thought it would be really cool to play as a jedi, climbing building on different planets etc.

I've been thinking the very same thing. It couldn't be an AC game, but utilizing the same gameplay mechanics and a modified AC3 graphics engine, heck, it'd be better than either of the Force Unleashed games, and might actually be pretty reminiscent of the Jedi Knight era of games.

Yesterday I finished the folding chair Homestead mission! It's a chair, Connor! And it folds! biggrin.png

Love the flying machine reference... come to think of it, the AC2 era references are the bits I have enjoyed the most! XD From Achilles namedropping Ezio to the Sofia Sartor theme being used for the wedding... agh I should just quit AC3 and start AC2 again!

biggrin.png

I also got a very annoying glitch; I'm riding a horse to take out some messengers. I kill the last one, but in the next scene the game insists the guy had made it to the destination and it desynchs me. The next wave of guys had even spawned! What the hell, game? sad.png

Edited by MamboCat

This is definitely the glitchiest game so far. I hope that it isn't a harbinger of things to come, because thus far the games have been mercifully low on the glitch score, and to see that good track record sullied in future games would be disappointing to say the least.

This is definitely the glitchiest game so far. I hope that it isn't a harbinger of things to come, because thus far the games have been mercifully low on the glitch score, and to see that good track record sullied in future games would be disappointing to say the least.

I honestly only had one glitch and that was Connor getting stuck in a tree. It's easy to fix and it's not game-breaking.

You should have seen the game right after launch, when most of the problems hadn't been patched. It was like Bethesda developed the game.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

That kinda makes me glad to have waited as long as I did.

My favorite glitch from the past few games is the one where, following enemy death animations, the ragdoll physics take control and contort the corpses into all manner of hilarious positions, sometimes throwing them a good few feet away from where they died, even over cliff edges and off rooftops. I've not seen it much in evidence in AC3 (it isn't entirely absent, mind), but it was a definite highlight of the series' previous three outings.

That kinda makes me glad to have waited as long as I did.

My favorite glitch from the past few games is the one where, following enemy death animations, the ragdoll physics take control and contort the corpses into all manner of hilarious positions, sometimes throwing them a good few feet away from where they died, even over cliff edges and off rooftops. I've not seen it much in evidence in AC3 (it isn't entirely absent, mind), but it was a definite highlight of the series' previous three outings.

I actually just saw that in AC3 a day or two ago. I've seen it most frequently in the PC version of AC1, and honestly, I thought that might have had something to with my video card since it didn't quite meet the minimum requirements. I'm actually glad to hear that I'm not the only one whose seen that.

And speaking of funny glitches:

http://youtu.be/nL18INzP2ps

• Thumbs Up 2

I had the enemy death mangle with almost every enemy death in Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations, however I've only seen it once in AC3. Kinda spoiled the immersion, but it was funny nonetheless, and useful when trying to tell whether a poisoned enemy lying on the ground was dead and could be looted or not. You always knew they werre finally gone when the limbs suddenly flew up, or the body mysteriously momentarily arose as if pushed up from beneath...

• Thumbs Up 2

Sooo the Washington DLC is out now. Has anyone had a chance to play it?

No because I'm going to buy all three when they are all out, that way I won't have to wait for each one and be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whenever I buy it, it's not going to be until I finish my current playthrough...which is kind of on hiatus. I'm also tempted to just wait until after all of them are released.

...Then again I was tempted to wait a month or two longer for AC3, and I ended up getting it on launch day. Either way, don't expect impressions from me for a while.

I don't know if this bothers anyone, but does the voice recasting in this series irritate you? It pissed me off that Ubisoft never rehired Altair's original voice actor, who managed to fit the mysterious and threatening appearance of the character perfectly. The new actor wasn't bad, but he sounded nothing like the original voice. I don't see why Ubisoft couldn't of simply made Altair's old voice put on an accent.

People in the Middle Ages Middle East didn't have American accents, which kinda spoiled the immersion, and IIRC, didn't they bring back the original voice actor anyway, and just have him put on a Mid Eastern accent for his DS game and Revelations stuff?

What bothers me more is Desmond's change in appearance between Brotherhood and Revelations. It's like looking at two different people.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if this bothers anyone, but does the voice recasting in this series irritate you? It pissed me off that Ubisoft never rehired Altair's original voice actor, who managed to fit the mysterious and threatening appearance of the character perfectly. The new actor wasn't bad, but he sounded nothing like the original voice. I don't see why Ubisoft couldn't of simply made Altair's old voice put on an accent.

Because this is a completely new character altogether? And just re-using a already existing voice would seem kinda lazy and unbelievable.(at least to me it would) New voice actors bring in new life to characters and the player feels introduced to them.

@Patt Yeah I never understood Desmonds constant Change. I liked his AC2 look.

Edited by Aqua

Because this is a completely new character altogether? And just re-using a already existing voice would seem kinda lazy and unbelievable.(at least to me it would) New voice actors bring in new life to characters and the player feels introduced to them.

@Patt Yeah I never understood Desmonds constant Change. I liked his AC2 look.

Neither did I. Desmond changed at least 3 times in the past 4 years. Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3.

As for the Altair question. I do remember reading somewhere that they did bring the original actor back and told him to add an accent. Sadly it still did not sound like 07 Altair. Then again. People's voices change over the years. Look at Aang's voice from The Avatar: The Last Airbender. From 04/05 too early 08 his voice made a very noticeable change. Which didn't make sense since the series only lasted about 8 months in the avatar world. (how do I keep using this cartoon as a reference for everything?)

Oh please please please let this rumor be true.

A reputable source close to Blistered Thumbs has revealed that the next entry in the long-running Assassin’s Creed series will take place in the Caribbean Islands. The title will allegedly take a heavy focus on naval battles and allow for more exploration across the various islands. For now, this is all we know, but the game’s reveal is apparently right around the corner. Basically, this is going to be the Pirates of the Caribbean game we never got.

There have been so many rumors about AC 4 lately. I'm not believing a thing until Ubisoft themselves say something about it.

I understand what you mean.

I just want to see how it will look on the next gen systems. Minus the wii-u. If they can make Killzone look better thant he ps3 version then I have faith. And if the nextbox can go one step further than ALL of the gears of war games (visually) then my body will be ready. 

I just want to see how it will look on the next gen systems. Minus the wii-u. If they can make Killzone look better thant he ps3 version then I have faith. And if the nextbox can go one step further than ALL of the gears of war games (visually) then my body will be ready. 

MY BODY IS READY!

The naval battles in AC3 were tons of fun and were a great add on to an otherwise lacklustre Assassins Creed game.

Yup, I finally beat the game yesterday and boy was I disappointed. Not only was the story all over the place, confusing and raised even MORE questions, but Connor was just not a charismatic or interesting character like Ezio and even Altair. In fact I thought he was way too stubborn and naive!

The gameplay (apart from naval battles) was samey and not stealthy enough for the most part and I hated the crafting and trading, such a waste of time.

Then there's THE ENDING. Omg the ending made me lose all hope in this franchise AND Ubisoft! The graphics and the naval battles are the only amazing things in AC3. I'm definitely not buying AC4 day one unless I hear great things about it.

I have a new rumor for you guys.

AC3 DLC COMING SOON. 

Take this rumor very lightly. I don't know if I should believe anything right now. Mainly because I thought Ubi said after the Washington DLC, AC3 and the original saga was over. And if the next AC game does come out later this year, I would expect it to be on the next systems. Something to give gamers a reason to buy the next system. Even though Ubi won me with Watch Dogs.

YEEEEEEEESSSS!!! The rumor appears to be real, folks! (The pirate one, I mean)

We know directly from Ubisoft that a new Assassin's Creed is planned for the company's fiscal year 2014, which starts on April 1, 2013. And now, thanks to some marketing materials shared with Kotaku, we seemingly have confirmation of the rumored pirate setting.

Additionally, Examiner has what it claims to be the first screenshot from the game, as well as details regarding the setting and characters. Reportedly, Black Flag takes place in the Caribbean, stars the father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed III, and will be released on this generation's consoles as well as the upcoming ones.

Haytham's father, huh? That's unexpected.

Edited by Speederino