Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Sorry for the double post, but Mega64 has uploaded a pretty funny mock trailer for Assassins Creed 5...and 6...and 7

New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4TZdt5DuuI&feature=player_embedded

The latest trailer shows off some of the technological advancements made in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Black Flag, including an impressive sea engine, a fully dynamic weather engine, global illumination lighting technology, the dynamic boarding navmesh and dynamic 3D foliage.

And..................yet another trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RchRaAipGeE&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Oh for the love of.....................seriously another fucking game, this time called Pirates. I smell a watered down version of AC4 for iOS and/or Android.

You are half right as the platforms are Smartphones and Tablets but it is a stand-alone game.

Assassins Creed Pirates - Announcement Trailer [uS]  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqDeRM3t88

Facebook - http://ubi.li/EpKjk

Twitter - http://ubi.li/ZDb6C

In this stand-alone game for smartphones and tablets,further explore the Caribbean during the Golden Age of piracy as Alonzo Batilla, a young and ambitious captain.

Manage your crew, upgrade your ship and engage in huge naval battles to become the most

feared pirate of your time and claim La Buse's legendary treasure.

Hey guys, would like to pay $40 for an Assassin's Creed 4 PS3 controller?

360eb36770879c978575321e850bc1ff.jpg?ito

045af49582e0ee5e0cf159947e80df7b.jpg?ito

6c389d52482e6a8b138d45d83e25cc2f.jpg?ito

Several images and details have been revealed in regards to a Playstation 3 controller based on the upcoming multiplatform video game, AC4, according to a listing update from Amazon France on Sept. 16, the new accessory will be released by Two Dots later this year in Europe at around the same time as the launch of the software.

The controller features a metallic blue-green color. It has various logos from “Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag” while the standard Circle, Cross, Square and Triangle symbols of the controllers have been replaced by other signs. 

The “Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag” Playstation 3 controller from Two Dots will be released in Oct. 31. The product has a price tag of 30.00 EUR, which converts to approximately $40.00 in U.S. dollars. A North American release date has not yet been announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZYSetCHyCo&feature=youtu.be

The Vita exclusive is now coming to the PS3, 360 and PC.

Sorry, late to the party but yes yesss YES!

This game looks badass; not to mention playing as a woman! Yeeeah! (Playing as Zio in a loading screen of AC III doesn't count!) I'm more interested in this than Pirates of the Assasibbean.

Ubisoft has released a multiplayer trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyr9Y0MP3Hs&feature=player_embedded

AC4 will be released on November 1 in Europe and on October 29 in North America for Xbox 360, PC, Wii U and PS3. 

It will also launch alongside Xbox One on November 22, and PS4 on November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.

Edited by -Bender-

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the Wii-U version has been delayed in the UK to the 22nd of November (before it was due to launch alongside the 360/PS3 versions on November 1st.) The PS4 version on the other hand seems to be coming out a week before the actual console!

Note the Wii-U version is not delayed in America.

Source - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431496/assassins-creed-4-receives-firm-ps4-pc-xbox-one-release-dates/

• 3 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed 4 (UK) release date brought forward

The UK release date for AC4 has been brought forward to 29th October. This means that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will now be released on the same day as in North America (29th).

The PC, Wii U, Xbone One and PS4 versions will be released on 22nd November.

Edited by -Bender-

AC4 Launch Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8IWwjdPJpiU

The following paragraph from an 'incgamers.com' article perfectly sums up my thoughts on the ridiculous number of trailers we've had leading up to AC4's release:

"It’s a day ending in the letter “y”, so obviously there’s another Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag trailer out. The game’s due out on console next week, though, so this one’s the launch trailer! Which means we might not have any more! Oh, who am I kidding? There’ll be another six for the PC version before that comes out at the end of November."

Reviews of AC4 are starting to come in:

IGN

8.5/10

Videogamer

7/10

Joystiq

4/5

Gamespot

9/10

Polygon

7.5/10

OPM

8/10

DigitalSpy

4/5

CVG

9/10

The metacritic score is currently 89 for PS3, 81 for PS4 and 86 for Xbox360.

Overall AC4 seems to be getting a much better reception than AC3 did.

EDIT: You can find more reviews here

Edited by -Bender-

Dangits, I really want this game, but I don't wanna own it on anything but PS4, and I'm not getting one of those until its price drops. DANGITS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to see that Ubisoft can still bring some life to this franchise. Can't wait to play it on the PS4 next month!

So I'm watching a playthrough of the game and while the story for the past section is great, the modern sections just keep Making me go ugh.

I mean really? Trying to break the fourth wall/meld the game with ou world? Not only is it stupid that they are deciding to make Abstergo a video game company, but to try and be cute, Ubisoft themselves are brining themselves into the world of AC. How? They partnered up with Abstergo to release Liberation. I mean really? I mean there was so much more you could have made Abstergo...a game company? I guess I could have let this slide had it not been for the Ubisoft partnership thing...

Oh and curious how they are gonna keep making games? I think I can guess already. Abstergo apparently have Desmond's DNA and can keep using that to go through his memories.:/ Now I could be wrong, there is still the whole Those Before or decendent of Eve thing.

Ubisoft drops online pass programme

"Ubisoft has announced plans to drop its Uplay Passport program from all future releases, meaning players will not be required to enter a single-use code to access single-player and multiplayer content locked behind the pass.

In addition, the publisher will be removing the cost of the Uplay Passport for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, making all content locked behind the program – including the single-player 'Edward’s Fleet' content - accessible to all players at no additional charge.

In a statement provided to Kotaku this evening, Ubisoft said:

"In Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, 'Edward's Fleet' is an innovative online single player feature that allows players to interact with multiple players on consoles or via the game's companion app. Every new copy of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag includes the Uplay Passport code needed to unlock this online feature.

"However, we listen to our community and understand that there are concerns over some players' ability to access this feature, so we have decided to eliminate the cost of the Uplay Passport for Black Flag. This ensures that everyone will be able to use the companion app, Edward's Fleet, online multiplayer and available bonus content at no additional cost.

"Also, we will be eliminating the Uplay Passport program from all future Ubisoft games moving forward."

Ubisoft's decision to drop its online pass program follows similar decisions from rival publishers EA, SCE and Codemasters. Earlier this year, all three publishers confirmed that they would be terminating their online pass programs and opening multiplayer features to all users."

Seems like a good move by Ubisoft.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm currently struggling with desperately wanting this game on PS4 whenever that system comes down in price, just to avoid loading screens and get the best graphical fidelity, and wanting it on Wii U so I can bypass the pause screen map shit that has always irritated me about games like this, but I don't know if not having the next gen visuals will bother me all through the game (it probably will, if I'm honest). I can't decide which feature means more to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm currently downloading it on my PS3 now. It was that or GTA V but my sister is giving my GTA V when she beats it. So AC4 it is. Hope it's good. D: 

I'm currently struggling with desperately wanting this game on PS4 whenever that system comes down in price, just to avoid loading screens and get the best graphical fidelity, and wanting it on Wii U so I can bypass the pause screen map shit that has always irritated me about games like this, but I don't know if not having the next gen visuals will bother me all through the game (it probably will, if I'm honest). I can't decide which feature means more to me.

Do you care about actually getting DLC?

Do you care about actually getting DLC?

DLC doesn't usually figure into my calculations these days, but if it's there and it's substantial, chances are I'll want it, especially with a game so well received as this.

PS4 bundle announced

Sony and Ubisoft have teamed up to release a PS4 bundle with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. The Sony platform versions of Assassin's Creed 4 contain an additional hour of exclusive gameplay.

138367207137.png

Edited by -Bender-

• 4 weeks later...

So I've had some time to think and here are my thoughts on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

I actually enjoyed a lot more than III and I found less frustrating than the previous titles. Those annoying optional objectives are still there but not in your face like in the previous games where they felt forced and you literately in your face all the time. Of course if you really want 100% Sync you need to do them all. I didn't do it because I honestly find it far too tedious and not worth the aggravation.

Things I liked:

Naval battles are really fun and every time I set off to sea this was in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

So the game is really immersive in that respect.

I thought the underwater parts were pretty cool reminded of the early Tomb Raider games.

I thought Edward Kenway's character was really good. I liked that you play as a rogue that does his own thing not bowing to Assassins or Templars but gets morally conflicted as the game progresses. He can be a nob at times but you do root and sympathize for him though.

There are few other things that I liked but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Things I didn't like:

Same repetitive parts that I didn't like in the previous Assassin's Creed are still here. 

Way too many collectibles. Jesus Christ Ubisoft it takes you long enough to get all the chests didn't you think you went a little way too overboard (yar, har) with all the others as well? 

I found the islands and some locations way too similar apart from the big hubs like Nassau, Kingston and Havana when you have seen one island you have pretty much seen them all really.

Stealth is back which you would think isn't a bad thing but isn't varied or dynamic as it could be. My problem with it is a lot of stealth is a lot more repetitive than it should be and not very memorable at times. Quite a few levels still have you tailing people down the street its not very exciting or rewarding apart maybe the Bayou level were it is a bit different it could of had more tail missions like this where it was more dynamic.

So yes I would probably like more variation next time, especially in the campaign.

The modern setting felt kinda empty and pointless at times apart from the puzzles they could done this part of a an interactive cut scene. Was nice to see Shaun and Rebecca again which does give you some familiarity but I don't know. I felt a lot more left in the dark more than previous modern parts of the series as direction and story goes you were basically just a pawn.

So yes despite this I did enjoy this game a lot than the previous two main titles but it did leave me feeling a bit fatigued after doing pretty much everything bar a few optional objectives.

Also:

I am only one who could see through Mary's James Kidd disguise? I wasn't honestly surprised it was a female all along the voice was a bit too much of a give away.

Also:

I am only one who could see through Mary's James Kidd disguise? I wasn't honestly surprised it was a female all along the voice was a bit too much of a give away.

I wasn't fooled for a second because I already knew who James Kidd was. That said...yeah, even if I didn't know of her previously I don't think I'd have believed her disguise. I'd at least have thought it strange that he looked so feminine :P

Makes you wonder how she got away with it so long in real life.

So yeah, I've been playing this on and off for a week. Between work and making youtube videos this month I've not had much time to get down to it properly.

So far, while I' enjoying it, I'm not liking it half as much as ACIII. The naval combat (something I actually enjoyed in AC3) is just too prominent. After being forced to do it for four or five missions in a row I got sick of it pretty quick. There's too much boat stuff in general. The mission where you need to use it to sneak into a bayou and the fact that you have to use it to get between locations is just too much.

Travel is really really slow because of the ship and you don't really have the liberty of wandering off to do side quests along the way. Unless you want to keep jumping off to explore the little scraps of land that contain one chest or a single animus fragment...

I'm enjoying the story and I like edward but yeah....too much boat...

I played through the game when it was released and it was alright, much better than III, but after the main story (which drags on a little bit in my opinion), I couldn't really be bothered with it. I mean, I got the Templar Armour and its okay I guess, but none of the rewards for completing optional things are really worth it unlike the previous titles. I do think that Edward is probably my favourite character of the series but even then, his story was a little too weak. I guess its difficult to make a subject like pirates seem serious what with all the jokes revolving around them now.