Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Assassin's Creed Pirates now available to download for 'High-End Smartphones and Tablets'.

Launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9BR7xb1Efg 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sigh. I was loving the hell out of this game until I reached Sequence 9 - 'Trust is Earned'. There's a bug in the PC version (although not everyone experiences it) that causes the game to freeze when approaching the coast of Principe. You're supposed to take out some enemy ships first, which I managed to do by luring them away from the problematic area. Unfortunately, this just made the situation worse as my game now tries to load closer to the island, causing it freeze before leaving the loading screen. Now I can't even enter the game without creating a new file.

I've spent so much time with it over the holiday, exploring the entire map and collecting various loot, that the thought of starting all over again is exhausting. Hopefully Ubisoft release an update that will allow me to finish the game asap, but they've yet to comment and people have been reporting this for weeks. Installing the game again and messing with various settings is not helping.

In the meantime, I've been playing Aveline's little side quest and will probably have a go at Adewale's later.

• 3 weeks later...

So I don't know if this has been discussed since this was released a few months ago.

assassins-creed-michael-fassbender-2.jpg

The movie is centered(obviously) around Desmond. I'm not sure at which point, or if this will tie into a new game though.(also little nitpick, but why is the Apple glowing blue?)

Given the title, and the chance that this will probably only really focus around the modern era, I don't know what to think about it. I mean Desmond was okay as a character in the games, but I never felt all that attached to him. And the modern science-fiction bullcrap never appealed to me, all that conspiracy stuff, so if that is a major player in the movie, my distaste for it may greaten.

At least we'll get some awesome parkour elements either way, so that's always good  to see. Overall, my thoughts on this are conflicted. Maybe when a trailer releases, I'll be able to gather a better opinion.

Edit: Just found a second pic, confirming that ancestors will play a role in this. FEW! Not sure how much though...

the_piece_of_eden_altair_by_boup0quod-d6

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhhhhh...

I'll wait till a trailer comes out. I don't like the modern setting very much and the whole science fiction apocalyptic bullshit got really bad when AC3 was released. Still, at least it will give Desmond more personality.

Official sites have been using these for some time,and it seems pretty legit and believable considering the movie releases next year. So I'm going to assume these are real.

After seeing that Altair poster, I'm pleased to see they're at least being faithful to the games. Though this could be because it's being made by Ubisoft's own film studio.

Sorry guys, looked on the UbiSoft forums, they're fake.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/790733-CONFIRMED!-May-2015-The-Piece-of-Eden-(AC-Movie)-Forums

Its edited into the first post. Though Fassbenderhas said he's attached to an Assassin's Creed film for 2015. I'm optimistic and would actually enjoy seeing Desmond's story. Though we could get a curveball and its a Live Action 'Devils of the Caribbean' from Abstergo Entertainment :-p

Huh. Well, fake or not, I'm still going to remain optimistic. Video game movies history aside, we have no real ground to assume things, and if it focuses around Desmond they are gonna have to do a lot o work to make him likeable to me. So yeah, basically where I was before. Wait till a trailer that will inevitably be released sometime this year.:P

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a bit worried about this. I'm not the biggest Assassins Creed fan aside from AC2 being one of my favorite games, but I've always been fond of the lore and really liked a lot of the characters, especially the present day cast pre-AC3. Michael Fassbender working on it is encouraging, but I really don't want him to portray Desmond, he's just too old for the character and doesn't fit him. Thing is, this a video game adaption, and we all know how most of them turn out.

If it's a straight up adaption and they're just trying to take the plot of the original AC and translate it onto film, I'll have reason to be worried. It really won't come close to topping the story of any of the games, so why bother trying to replicate it? Why not do a story about an original assassin set in the same continuity of the games, so they have more of a chance to spread their creative wings? Hell, how about a movie on Daniel Cross' backstory? Yeah, that was kind of already done in a comic book tie-in, but Cross tends to get overlooked, and adapting comics is usually easier to do. 

I'll see how it goes, but if Michael Fassbender is really playing Desmond, that'll feel like a serious miscast to me. Maybe that could be off set by casting Kristen Bell as Lucy Stillman(seriously that'll be the missed opportunity of the century, if Lucy appeared and wasn't portrayed by the same woman who voiced and shared an uncanny resemblance to her). 

After the idiotic way Ubisoft killed off Daniel, I think it would only be fair for them to expand on his story. Apparently there was something between him and Rebecca. Or heck, how about the Eve lineage? We barely know anything about that line of Assassins. How about Desmond's parents?

Perhaps they will tie this into the next big game?

The point is there is a bunch you can do to expand the lore.(preferably without shoving conspiracy theories and magical items into every scene somehow.) you don't need to just recreate the already existing lore. That's just boring, and would already create less hype.

• Thumbs Up 3

After the idiotic way Ubisoft killed off Daniel, I think it would only be fair for them to expand on his story. Apparently there was something between him and Rebecca. Or heck, how about the Eve lineage? We barely know anything about that line of Assassins. How about Desmond's parents?

Perhaps they will tie it into the next big game?

The point is there is a bunch you can do to expand the lore.(preferably without shoving conspiracy theories and magical items into every scene somehow.) you don't need to just recreate the already existing lore. That's just boring, and would already create less hype.

Exactly, there's no need to tell a story that's already been told and played out. Wouldn't it be easier to just have everything in the same continuity instead of trying to hold a candle to what the original Assassin's Creed did well? A film pertaining to the whole Eve sub plot would have been cool, since that was dropped and basically forgotten about after Brotherhood.

Exactly, there's no need to tell a story that's already been told and played out. Wouldn't it be easier to just have everything in the same continuity instead of trying to hold a candle to what the original Assassin's Creed did well? A film pertaining to the whole Eve sub plot would have been cool, since that was dropped and basically forgotten about after Brotherhood.

Well Liberation mentions it at the end. But that was more of a cocktease than anything.

Personally, I would love a Daniel movie because indirectly, that would mean a Russian assassin ancestor! (Since that's who he was relieving.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Liberation mentions it at the end. But that was more of a cocktease than anything.

Personally, I would love a Daniel movie because indirectly, that would mean a Russian assassin ancestor! (Since that's who he was relieving.)

Yeah, a movie about Nikolai Orlev would make for quite a unique film and make for a diverse movie. I always liked how Daniel Cross' connection to his ancestor felt more convenient and it actually adds to his character. Having one portion of the film about an Assassin, and the other a Templar would make for a balanced film IMO.

Sorry guys, looked on the UbiSoft forums, they're fake.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/790733-CONFIRMED!-May-2015-The-Piece-of-Eden-(AC-Movie)-Forums

Its edited into the first post. Though Fassbenderhas said he's attached to an Assassin's Creed film for 2015. I'm optimistic and would actually enjoy seeing Desmond's story. Though we could get a curveball and its a Live Action 'Devils of the Caribbean' from Abstergo Entertainment :-p

Yeah, I wondered looking at those posters if they were fan art. They don't contain all the usual gumph a genuine film poster has at the bottom... they look nice, though.

But I did some digging on the AC wiki and there was an entry for a film in 2015, so perhaps the film is a real thing, but these posters aren't?

As for a potential storyline, I hope they move away from all the sci-fiey stuff. I do love me some good sci-fi, but I feel it wasn't a good addition in the AC series. I do like the whole "revisit your ancestors' memories" stuff as that's sci-fi used sparingly, but the stuff with Those Who Came Before and shit... nah. Too much, man.

Okay, so, since AC4 Black Flag is so far the first Assains' Creed Game that I've ever gotten interested in, I must ask, what exactly is the premise of this series and how are they linked together?

Okay, so, since AC4 Black Flag is so far the first Assains' Creed Game that I've ever gotten interested in, I must ask, what exactly is the premise of this series and how are they linked together?

Assassins Creed revolves around reliving the memories of your ancestors in ancient time periods, where it turns out your ancestor played a role in a historical event and it plays out differently than you think. When the series started, you were put in the control of present day character Desmond Miles, who was kidnapped by a corrupt company called Abstergo Industries, who are making him go in a machine called the Animus to relive memories of his ancestors. You're always going to be going through the animus in every game, as that's basically the POV of the game. Eventually, as Desmond you escape, and experience memories of other ancestors to train and become a modern Assassin to save the world from catastrophe. The present day focus was downplayed a bit in AC4, but I don't want to spoil why. Still, you're basically playing the game through the Animus in every installment of the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Creative Director from Ubisoft has teased that the next AC game may set during Feudal Japan. It is one of the locations most requested by fans alike including me of course.

Would this be a day one purchase for you if this does happen though?

The Creative Director from Ubisoft has teased that the next AC game may set during Feudal Japan. It is one of the locations most requested by fans alike including me of course.

Would this be a day one purchase for you if this does happen though?

Is there any link or picture to confirm this? I mean it sounds interesting, but some evidence would be nice. If this was the case though, and it was true, consider me interested. I've always been interested in a Japan setting(although I would personally prefer a ancient Greek setting more, but I'd be fine with this as well!)

• Thumbs Up 1

"Feudal Japan remains, like numerous other time periods and locations, a possible future setting for the franchise because, thanks to the Animus, the entire human history is our playground." 

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a545666/assassins-creed-feudal-japan-a-possible-future-setting.html

Yeah, this doesn't mean that we'll be seeing it any time soon. There's a whole list of possible settings on a computer in one of AC4's modern world sequences:

Patrilineal Line:

Fifteenth Century - Italian Renaissance [Ezio]

Sixteenth Century - Ottoman Empire [Ezio]

Eighteenth Century - American Colonies/War for Independence [Connor]

Nineteenth Century - New England and American Midwest

Matrilineal Line:

Twelfth Century - Holy Land/Crusades [Altair]

Thirteenth Century - Egypt and Northern Africa

Fourteenth Century - Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan

Eighteenth Century - French Revolution

Nineteenth Century - Napoleonic wars; Taiwan

Twentieth Century - "Summer of Love" American Pacific Coast

One NPC also mentions how it would be cool to see Jack the Ripper, making Victorian London another possibility for Abstergo Entertainment.

Screenshot: http://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-5-release-date-trailer-gameplay/

The list above appears to acknowledge the most popular requests, but they'll have many many more ideas than just those. It seems more likely that the next setting will be something less predictable (ala AC4).

That might be a list of the ones they've seen the most OMG GIMMEH comments about.

I'm sure I've said before I'd love to see one in London or other major British areas set during the Victorian-Edwardian era. :3 But it might be a little too similar to the ones set in America. :s

But it might be a little to similar to the ones set in America. :s

At least Victorian era London would have a lot of good spots for freerunning unlike Colonial America. 

• Thumbs Up 5