Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

I have finished playing Assassin's Creed Revelations again.

I love the Altair missions and cutscenes. Playing as Altair throughout different points of his life was rather cool. It is strangley fun playing as a 92 year old assassin who cannot walk fast, but is able to wield the Apple of Eden to destroy enemies, like Ezio did in Brotherhood. I like the ending cutscene where Ezio finds Altairs body and the other Apple of Eden. I shed a tear the first time I saw that scene.  

The design of Maysaf, especially at the start and end of the game looks really good. The winter conditions makes it a sight to behold. I enjoyed the story ark between Abbas and Altair. Not everyone will remember that Abbas and Altair met very occasionally and exchanged brief words in the original Assassin's Creed. Even then it was obvious that Abbas loathed Altair, and I felt that those sequences were really well written.

I loved the E3 Trailer where they showed the opening cutscene and the really cool music. It's a shame that music wasn't used when the cutscene is played at the start of the game.

Anyway, I am now going to play Assassin's Creed 3 again. Might go for a 100% playthrough this time.

Edited by Silent Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

I loved the E3 Trailer where they showed the opening cutscene and the really cool music. It's a shame that music wasn't used when the cutscene is played at the start of the game.

Anyway, I am now going to play Assassin's Creed 3 again. Might go for a 100% playthrough this time.

Did you not like the music in the game? I think the Revelations theme was one of the best bits of Assassin's Creed music. I mean, it was even reused in Assassin's Creed 3 if you listen carefully.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you not like the music in the game? I think the Revelations theme was one of the best bits of Assassin's Creed music. I mean, it was even reused in Assassin's Creed 3 if you listen carefully.

I like Revelations theme song, especially the bits that they use in Altair's cutscenes.

Edited by Silent Nightwing

Oh, why the hell didn't I mention the music in my little Revelations synopsis?  The entire Ezio trilogy has great music, Revelations is the icing on the cake.

My personal favorite:

Maybe it's just me, but there's just something so somber, yet nostalgic, about this song. Like it's a fitting theme for an old-age Ezio.

Does anybody understand the Pivots in AC3? I don't.

Don't feel bad. I don't understand the purpose of them. Except they give access to knew cheats.

Don't feel bad. I don't understand the purpose of them. Except they give access to knew cheats.

How do you activate the cheats?

Pivots are definitely something very odd that they tossed in out of nowhere right at the end of the game. Desmond gives a very brief explanation of them, but it still doesn't tell you very much about them. As said though, I've come across them here and there and they give you access to certain cheats like changing the weather at will and such.

Did anyone else here collect those trinkets and finally uncover Peg Leg's treasure? I thought the missions to recovers the pieces of the map were actually very well done and fun to play through. Despite the fact that they were just puzzle/platforming segments, they were just very impressive in my opinion and the treasure you get at the end is very interesting as well.

Also, am I the only one who sees Revelations as their favorite Assassin's Creed game so far? This is a question that has come up between myself and some friends and I always seem to be on the side of the argument by myself, so I'm curious to see what you guys have to say. Don't get me wrong, the story is AC2 was amazing, as well as the gameplay mechanics in AC3 and all that, but I feel like the moving events and actions in Revelations were just so well put together, the game was just dripping with so much emotion, even more so with you playing as both Altair and Ezio.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone else here collect those trinkets and finally uncover Peg Leg's treasure? I thought the missions to recovers the pieces of the map were actually very well done and fun to play through. Despite the fact that they were just puzzle/platforming segments, they were just very impressive in my opinion and the treasure you get at the end is very interesting as well.

Also, am I the only one who sees Revelations as their favorite Assassin's Creed game so far? This is a question that has come up between myself and some friends and I always seem to be on the side of the argument by myself, so I'm curious to see what you guys have to say. Don't get me wrong, the story is AC2 was amazing, as well as the gameplay mechanics in AC3 and all that, but I feel like the moving events and actions in Revelations were just so well put together, the game was just dripping with so much emotion, even more so with you playing as both Altair and Ezio.

I started collecting the trinkets but damn they put them in some really good spots. I swear I only like 6 left and I know the general locations of them. Yet I can't reach them. Like there is this one in the Frontier deep in a canyon. How the fuck am I suppose to get that? I can't drop down and pick it up, I can use a rope dart, and I've search the entire area looking for a cave. Nothing. 

And you are def in the minority. ACR is good, but not my favorite. Now it's #3 for me. AC2 being #1 and AC3 being #2.

• Thumbs Up 1

I started collecting the trinkets but damn they put them in some really good spots. I swear I only like 6 left and I know the general locations of them. Yet I can't reach them. Like there is this one in the Frontier deep in a canyon. How the fuck am I suppose to get that? I can't drop down and pick it up, I can use a rope dart, and I've search the entire area looking for a cave. Nothing. 

And you are def in the minority. ACR is good, but not my favorite. Now it's #3 for me. AC2 being #1 and AC3 being #2.

I liked, but also didn't like the fact that they all appear on your map. It's good because, obviously, you know where to look and all, but they straight out tell you where to find them. It doesn't make it a challenge, just like a list of things to get and where to get them. Ah well, but yeah, there were a few that were a bit odd, mostly because they're in those underground caves where it's difficult to find the entrance too. I also remember one being deep down on a ledge at the bottom of a random crevice near some water, that one was really odd and nearly gets you killed when you try to get it.

As for Revelations, I know I'm in a minority, like, a really small minority, but I stand by my opinion, I just thought the story was so well done and I appreciate the closure to their stories.

I'm with you Stitch, Revelations is my fave too. 2 comes close, but I felt it was a bit long since I got the version with the Dlc added in. Brotherhood bored me, no idea why. 3 was very close too, but Conner's single minded crusade irritated me. Revelations though, excited me with it's story, music and overall feel. A fitting end to two mentors.

Did anyone else notice in AC3 they didn't say the creed once?

ACR had a great ending for ezio and altair. I cried a little because of how well done ubi did it.

Brotherhood is my least favorite of the series, to be honest. Really, I can't say I remember all that much from it while I remember plenty from every other game. I just know that I didn't really get into it as I was playing, yet everyone always has that one near the top of their lists. Maybe I should just go back and play through it again or something.

As for the Creed in AC3, do you mean "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" or the three tenets?

I'm with you Stitch, Revelations is my fave too. 2 comes close, but I felt it was a bit long since I got the version with the Dlc added in. Brotherhood bored me, no idea why. 3 was very close too, but Conner's single minded crusade irritated me. Revelations though, excited me with it's story, music and overall feel. A fitting end to two mentors.

Did anyone else notice in AC3 they didn't say the creed once?

Achilles did mention something about the creed. But it didn't last for very long.

Brotherhood is my least favorite of the series, to be honest. Really, I can't say I remember all that much from it while I remember plenty from every other game. I just know that I didn't really get into it as I was playing, yet everyone always has that one near the top of their lists. Maybe I should just go back and play through it again or something.

As for the Creed in AC3, do you mean "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" or the three tenets?

And yeah, nothing of the sort was mentioned.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

Yeah, Achilles mentioned a few things, but didn't say "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted." No one did. It's strange, because every game said it till that one. Though Achilles did say he wasn't a man for tradition. 

I think it must have been forgotten along the way because it was a big jump between Constantinople and Revolution America.

The gap between Renaissance Italy and Revolutionary America is really no larger than that separating the Crusade-era Middle East from Renaissance Italy.

Besides, I don't think something as crucially important as the Assassin's Creed is something that they would just casually let slip by through time.

They also still have it in the modern day, so I think it's safe to assume the Creed wasn't dead during Connor's life. More likely Ubisoft just thought they had hammered it into us enough already.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

That, and maybe that one guy really wasn't a man for tradition. Some people really are like that. But just because he wasn't, that doesn't mean the order as a whole wasn't.

If anyone wants to know more about the pivots......IGN has an article/wiki page about it.

Pivot Points are special Collectibles that unlock once you successfully beat the Main Story, and are connected to the Internet. Pivot points unlock "cheats" in the Animus. The locations for pivot points are chosen randomly, selecting spots where another player has placed a point. That means that where you place the pivots will affect the location of them in someone else's game. Every person's locations will be different, but you can use the points that you have collected to help narrow your search further. New pivots spawn every 15 minutes.

Once pivots have been collected, they open up Animus Hacks, which can be found in the Options menu of the paused game. Help your fellow players out and make them easy to find as you place them when looking for more. You certainly would want the same!

Only with Sigma, Eta and Tau can progress be saved, with all other hacks game saves will not be active.

Pivot- Animus Hack
Rho- (Helps one find other Pivot Points)
Zeta- (Helps one find other Pivot Points)
Iota Made of Steel- (Unlimited health)
Eta Sun and Moon- (Ability to set day/night)
Theta Killing Spree- (Possible to assassinate enemies during open combat)
Upsilon Thunder Kill- (Lightning strikes every time you make a kill)
Sigma Weather Man- (Ability to set the weather)
Omicron Recruit- (Infinite Recruit Tokens)
Epsilon- (Infinite Ammo)
Lambda Ninja- (Guard detection and investigation is turned off)
Kappa Semi Automatic- (No reload times)
Tau Season Changer- (Ability to switch between summer and winter)