Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Odd, I guess they consider it to be too old to list anymore. I can't really say.

So I had a random thought earlier. Assassin's hide in plain sight by blending with the crowd...so is it not possible that HE is an Assassin?

0906200977958waldo.jpeg

It makes PERFECT SENSE!

Now I legitimately want an Assassin's Creed spin-off of that. Dove si Trova Ezio, perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

Really noobish question. Did the 1st AC game have DLC? I honestly don't remember if it did or didn't.

Somewhere around Ezio's time their family was split into two half's. The reason I think this is because Clay (Subject 16), explored Ezio's memories during his overexposure to the Animus.

Really noobish question. Did the 1st AC game have DLC? I honestly don't remember if it did or didn't.

Nope, though at the very least they could have added trophy support to the PS3 version. The 400-flag sidequest was already pointless enough, but at least the 360 version gives you SOMETHING, arbitrary as it is.

Apparently, Ubisoft is contemplating adding co-op for the next game. But god dammit, it's that stupid "drop-in, drop-out" mechanic where a friend could potentially join in on the single-player campaign at any time. Personally I would much prefer a separate mode with its own set of missions built around co-op. I would also really love to be able to play it locally, and not have it be restricted to online only. I just really hate it when developers try to shoe-horn multiplayer into single-player campaigns.

Also apparently they intend to release this in 2013. You know, I love this series to death...but it could really use to rest for a couple of years. That would make it all the more special when a new game finally comes out, not to mention it ensures that legitimate time and effort was put into making the best product possible. I just don't want Assassin's Creed to suffer from over-exposure.

Though I wouldn't object to making a monthly comic or something to keep us occupied between games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just bought the AC 3 inspired novel. Has anyone else read the other books? What are your opinions? I haven't read it yet, but it explores Haythem's backstory and how he became a Templar.

Edited by Lhancat

I just bought the AC 3 inspired novel. Has anyone else read the other books? What are your opinions? I haven't read it yet, but it explores Haythem's backstory and how he became an Assassin.

I have started reading it and it's him becoming a Templar not an Assassin but whatever. I've only read a little because I haven't been feeling well so I really need to pick it back up. It's great so far though.

Sorry, just read the verb at the back and automatically assumed assassin! I'll go change it.

Have you started reading it? I'm planning on picking up the others soon as well once I've finished reading this one.

51AUwC6zc7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Edited by - Crash -

Not yet, but I plan to soon. I'll probably start on the weekend if I can. I'll definetly pick the others up if I like this one though. I read somewhere the books had a bad reputation, but not sure why though. They seem good.

Not yet, but I plan to soon. I'll probably start on the weekend if I can. I'll definetly pick the others up if I like this one though. I read somewhere the books had a bad reputation, but not sure why though. They seem good.

I read reviews for Renaissance on Amazon. Most reviews said buy it but others said it's really bad. Due to the fact that I'm such a big AC fan I'll probably like all of them.

I have started reading it and it's him becoming a Templar not an Assassin but whatever.

That really needs to go in spoiler tags, seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've read them all and thoroughly enjoyed them, especially revelations. You should give them a read.

I am playing through AC Brotherhood. I am up to the start of Sequence 8. I have got the Romulus Armour, which is not as good looking as the Altair armour in AC2, but is just as effective. I am not going to 100% the game as there is so much to do. It would take ages.

I have just finished the four war machine memories. Their okay, but the war memory where you have to use Leonardo's flying machine is a nightmare, because the controls for the flying machine are really bad. Other than that it's still a great game.

I am going to get at least 75% full synchronization, because I always love playing the five heart breaking 'Maria' memories.

Edited by NightwingFox

I am playing through AC Brotherhood. I am up to the start of Sequence 8. I have got the Romulus Armour, which is not as good looking as the Altair armour in AC2, but is just as effective. I am not going to 100% the game as there is so much to do. It would take ages.

I have just finished the four war machine memories. Their okay, but the war memory where you have to use Leonardo's flying machine is a nightmare, because the controls for the flying machine are really bad. Other than that it's still a great game.

I am going to get at least 75% full synchronization, because I always love playing the five heart breaking 'Maria' memories.

I'm doing the same thing right now. No, really, it's paused right next to me =P I'm torn on getting 100% completion, I at least want to DO every possible mission, and I've gotten most of the flags so I may as well finish that up. I don't even remember, do you get anything for getting 100%?

BTW, the Romulus Armor is actually weaker then that set you get through doing the Blacksmith shop quest. Of course, finding all the right trinkets can be a pain in the ass, and shrunken heads alone are ridiculously rare (turns out they DO have set chest locations though, if you want to look that up).

I'm doing the same thing right now. No, really, it's paused right next to me =P I'm torn on getting 100% completion, I at least want to DO every possible mission, and I've gotten most of the flags so I may as well finish that up. I don't even remember, do you get anything for getting 100%?

If my memory is correct (I have 100%d this game before), you don't get anything for getting 100% full synchronization, accept an achievement trophy.

I think the the 75% final Maria memory is the max you get. Nothing after 75%.

I never liked doing the shop quest, but I definitely recommend doing all the extra memories you get when downloading the DLC. You should definitely do the Leonardo Da Vinci DLC, as that explains how Ezio found the hidden temple, where he leaves the Piece of Eden for Desmond to find in the future.

Edited by NightwingFox

All right, it's time for a long overdue rant. This franchise has a major problem with giving these huge, long, fetch quest collectathon side missions that give arbitrary rewards at best. I finished collecting Brotherhood's flags and unlocked the Borgia Cape, which keeps my notoriety at 0%. "Oh good", I thought, "that's actually pretty useful. I'll wear it while I go around and finish renovating the city." So I do, I go around and throw my money around at run-down shops, and soon all of Rome is renovated. What do I get? The Auditore Cape, which...keeps my notoriety at 0%.

REALLY UBISOFT, REALLY!? What the hell is the point of collecting the flags when you can get the exact same thing by just doing renovations, which is far less tedious and time consuming? And it's not just this game, oh no. In AC1, you can collect 420 (!!!) flags and kill 60 Templars, and you get...an achievement, so long as you're playing on a 360 anyways. If you're playing on a PS3 or PC, then haha looooooosers! In AC2, you collect 100 feathers to once again unlock the Auditore Cape, only in there it instantly maxes out your notoriety meter. What the hell kind of reward is that? We've spent the entire game actively trying to avoid that scenario, why would we suddenly change our minds? Though at least the feathers have plot relevance, since collecting them eventually brings Maria out of her comatose state. Also, you do get a pretty good weapon after collecting the first 50, though it's not the best one in the game.

Oh hey, speaking of feathers, those return in Brotherhood, though this time there's only ten. And they unlock...zilch. I just don't understand what Ubisoft sees in these pointless collectathons.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm probably going to go and play Brotherhood now. Going to get 100% or at least try. But yes I agree with what you just said.

All right, it's time for a long overdue rant. This franchise has a major problem with giving these huge, long, fetch quest collectathon side missions that give arbitrary rewards at best. I finished collecting Brotherhood's flags and unlocked the Borgia Cape, which keeps my notoriety at 0%. "Oh good", I thought, "that's actually pretty useful. I'll wear it while I go around and finish renovating the city." So I do, I go around and throw my money around at run-down shops, and soon all of Rome is renovated. What do I get? The Auditore Cape, which...keeps my notoriety at 0%.

REALLY UBISOFT, REALLY!? What the hell is the point of collecting the flags when you can get the exact same thing by just doing renovations, which is far less tedious and time consuming? And it's not just this game, oh no. In AC1, you can collect 420 (!!!) flags and kill 60 Templars, and you get...an achievement, so long as you're playing on a 360 anyways. If you're playing on a PS3 or PC, then haha looooooosers! In AC2, you collect 100 feathers to once again unlock the Auditore Cape, only in there it instantly maxes out your notoriety meter. What the hell kind of reward is that? We've spent the entire game actively trying to avoid that scenario, why would we suddenly change our minds? Though at least the feathers have plot relevance, since collecting them eventually brings Maria out of her comatose state. Also, you do get a pretty good weapon after collecting the first 50, though it's not the best one in the game.

Oh hey, speaking of feathers, those return in Brotherhood, though this time there's only ten. And they unlock...zilch. I just don't understand what Ubisoft sees in these pointless collectathons.

Annoying, it kinda was. But I loved my Ezio cape in AC2. I'd throw it on just so I could kick more ass. And I'm pretty sure you were able to unlock the Master armor in AC2 by collecting something? Oh wait nevermind. All you had to do is complete every dungeon. Which still came in handy if you were still kinda new to the series.

I'm 98% done with Brotherhood (damn 100% sync and multiplayer crap) and well those collectibles were useless to me. Sure I can make basically be invisible with a certain cape on but it did nothing for me. Same for Revelations. Wait. What did you get for collecting every feather or whatever in that game?

I'm 98% done with Brotherhood (damn 100% sync and multiplayer crap) and well those collectibles were useless to me. Sure I can make basically be invisible with a certain cape on but it did nothing for me. Same for Revelations. Wait. What did you get for collecting every feather or whatever in that game?

I...I don't even remember what you can collect in Revelations. Gah, I know I said this is the OP, but I really remember *nothing* from that game. I just finished everything I wanted to do in Brotherhood last night, so I'm planning on starting Revelations again today when I get a chance. This is really going to be like a brand new game to me.

Oh speaking of which, apparently I never did the Templar Lairs from the Da Vinci Disappearance (I bought that like a year ago), because I was shocked to find two dungeons in Brotherhood that I had never done. A very unexpected surprise, that was.

Edited by Speederino

I...I don't even remember what you can collect in Revelations. Gah, I know I said this is the OP, but I really remember *nothing* from that game. I just finished everything I wanted to do in Brotherhood last night, so I'm planning on starting Revelations again today when I get a chance. This is really going to be like a brand new game to me.

Oh speaking of which, apparently I never did the Templar Lairs from the Da Vinci Disappearance (I bought that like a year ago), because I was shocked to find two dungeons in Brotherhood that I had never done. A very unexpected surprise, that was.

I can't remember the Assassin's Vs. Templars story in Revelations. The Altair missions were pretty memorable though.

I can't remember the Assassin's Vs. Templars story in Revelations. The Altair missions were pretty memorable though.

Altair's sections are really all I remember. That and those weird ass first person puzzle-platformer sections. Ezio's story? Uh...uh. Marco Polo's books, some sultan dude, and the women he falls in love with. Yep.

Played the multiplayer a lot, though.

Altair's sections are really all I remember. That and those weird ass first person puzzle-platformer sections. Ezio's story? Uh...uh. Marco Polo's books, some sultan dude, and the women he falls in love with. Yep.

Played the multiplayer a lot, though.

I also played the multiplayer a lot too. However, I haven't played AC3's one that much despite the fact that Wolfpack is great fun.

I have completed my playthrough of Brotherhood. I also did the Da Vinci DLC. It is never exactly explained how Ezio found the temple under the colosseum, in order to place the Apple of Eden for Desmond to find. As I said in my previous post, it's my belief that the temple that Ezio and Leonardo Da Vinci find (beneath Rome) in the Da Vinci DLC, is either the same temple or right next door to the temple where Ezio places the apple. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, now onto AC Revelations which is no where near as good as Brotherhood.

Edited by NightwingFox

I have completed my playthrough of Brotherhood. I also did the Da Vinci DLC. It is never exactly explained how Ezio found the temple under the colosseum, in order to place the Apple of Eden for Desmond to find. As I said in my previous post, it's my belief that the temple that Ezio and Leonardo Da Vinci find (beneath Rome) in the Da Vinci DLC, is either the same temple or right next door to the temple where Ezio places the apple. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, now onto AC Revelations which is no where near as good as Brotherhood.

I might buy the Da Vinci DLC soon, I don't know.

I might buy the Da Vinci DLC soon, I don't know.

It's worth buying. There is a lot of playtime. A really nice subtle reference to a forgotten character in AC2. It also contains a hint to the location of AC3.

Edited by NightwingFox