Awoo.

Do you think there will ever be another Sonic T.V show?

Generations

Exactly as the title says. I hope SEGA eventually approves for another Sonic show, it would be great because now there are many new characters and stories that can be used in the show. Here are some of my ideas.

Setting: Sonic and friends need to be in their own world this time around. No humans except for Dr. Eggman. Think of Green Hill Zone, except much larger with the characters actually living there, and it could be connected to lots of other different zones.

Characters: Lets face it, we do NOT need any more characters at this point. I'd rather SEGA just use the already existing, in-game universe characters. List below.

Normal/Regular/Main Characters

• Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
  • Knuckles The Echidna
  • Amy Rose
  • Cream The Rabbit
  • Cheese The Chao

Recurring/Occasional Characters

• Shadow The Hedgehog
    • Rouge The Bat
    • Vector The Crocodile
    • Espio The Chameleon
    • Charmy Bee
    • Vanilla The Rabbit
    • Silver The Hedgehog
    • Blaze The Cat

Voice Actors: We do not need another big argument about the voices. I'd want SEGA to use the current voices, but if that isn't possible, I GUESS they could get new voices, just as long as they are not utterly terrible.

Other: Some other ideas. I think the show should NOT be an anime, and I honestly think a CGI show would be pretty cool too. I really don't know what channel it could be on, but I'd say either Cartoon Network or The Hub.

So what do you guys think? Should there be another Sonic show? Do you agree or disagree with any of my ideas? Post away!

I think there is a very good chance that the series will never again have the respect and popularity necessary to justify a show.

• Cream The Rabbit
  • Cheese The Chao

why
  • Thumbs Up 2

As long as it good writers and good animation and either follows the game franchise canon or does it's own thing in a well-executed fashion, I'm pretty much OK with this.

EDIT: I'd also perfer to go against the norm of being a CGI animated series, but also not be too generic as well. Like maybe have the cel-shaded (?) anime look that the Sonic Riders opening had.

Edited by Gabby
  • Thumbs Up 8

There is a possibility if Sonic ever gets mega popular again. If a new Sonic show does happen, it should be close to the games but have its own story. It should expand on the Universe and have interesting plots.

Also it should have a flowing story instead of the stuff like what happens in shows like Spongebob and Adventure Time...theres a word for it...

• Thumbs Up 6

Is the show being Anime a bad thing?

No, not at all. It's just that Sonic X was anime, so I figured they could change it up a little.

I think there is a very good chance that the series will never again have the respect and popularity necessary to justify a show.

why

What's wrong with Cream and Cheese? I know they're annoying, but they could actually play off of that (think of Spongebob and Squidward). I think that could be a really funny aspect of the show.

Also it should have a flowing story instead of the stuff like what happens in shows like Spongebob and Adventure Time...theres a word for it...

Episodic.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they went with the whole 'episodic but with an overarching plot' like Adventure Time likes to do.

Considering the way the rest of Sonic TV shows have gone (save the OVA and, to an extent, AOSTH), I really would have my doubts about how it would turn out. I like your idea's though...save for the CGI. It might have worked for Code Lyoko, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it would work for a light-hearted show about cartoon animals with unusual abilities. If you ask me, something like the OVA would be very welcome in my eyes, plot and animation wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's wrong with Cream and Cheese? I know they're annoying
Question answered.

And no, they can't play off of it, because Cream isn't supposed to be annoying. She's supposed to be cute. But she's annoying.

Why would you want a character that is annoying.

Cream isn't supposed to be annoying.

Exactly. Cream ISN'T supposed to be annoying, but she is. Just imagine, that could be really funny in a show. Like, say Sonic and friends are just about to leave to like, stop Eggman or something, and they see Cream and Cheese running towards them screaming "WAIT FOR US!!!!" and then Sonic's like (to Tails) "Start the tornado...START THE TORNADO!" XD

They could just write her to be not annoying, y'know.

They've yet to succeed at that, so I don't have much faith in them doing so.

Exactly. Cream ISN'T supposed to be annoying, but she is. Just imagine, that could be really funny in a show. Like, say Sonic and friends are just about to leave to like, stop Eggman or something, and they see Cream and Cheese running towards them screaming "WAIT FOR US!!!!" and then Sonic's like (to Tails) "Start the tornado...START THE TORNADO!" XD

No, see, we get annoyed, but the characters think she's cute. Edited by hella jeff

They've yet to succeed at that, so I don't have much faith in them doing so.

It's not like the writers of the GAMES are going to be on this.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's probably thanks to Sonic X that kids these days recognize Sonic, I hear comments from kids about a Sonic shirt I'm wearing whether it's at the movie theater or toy store..

With that being said, if SEGA want Sonic to maintain his popularity within the next 10 years for the next generation, they'll find some way to advertise him .. and maybe that means another tv show

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd want a modern day AoSTH with Orbot and Cubot replacing Scratch and Grounder and Sega Sonic character appearances replacing the random character appearances from the original.

Have it animated by someone like Rough Draft Studios (Spongebob, PPG, Gravity Falls, ect.) Or a good Japanese animation studio. (Toei, Studio Perriot, Bones, Madhouse, etc.) I'd personally give TMS a second chance, but only if they prove that they're capable of a full show this time around. I mean, they made this so I know they have untapped potential:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJU1IPHgLO4

How this didn't carry over into Sonic X, I'll never know.

• Thumbs Up 5

Based on Cream's character I think that would be very cruel.

I'm probably in a very small minority on this, but as some of you may know I joined the Sonic fan base through AoStH. And as Jix said, a lot of kids these days know Sonic because of Sonic X. Another TV show might happen, to increase the popularity of the franchise. But it certainly will not happen in the near future, not with the way SEGA is right now, financially speaking.

It's probably thanks to Sonic X that kids these days recognize Sonic, I hear comments from kids about a Sonic shirt I'm wearing whether it's at the movie theater or toy store..

With that being said, if SEGA want Sonic to maintain his popularity within the next 10 years for the next generation, they'll find some way to advertise him .. and maybe that means another tv show

Ugh...I HATE when kids do that. They're all like,"Hey that's that guy from that show!" and i'm just like sonic_facepalm_icon_by_superkingjingaling-d59m8s2.pngLOL. I think it's kind of sad that most kids know of Sonic through Sonic X, because that's not the best way to be introduced to Sonic XD

Ugh...I HATE when kids do that. They're all like,"Hey that's that guy from that show!" and i'm just like sonic_facepalm_icon_by_superkingjingaling-d59m8s2.pngLOL. I think it's kind of sad that most kids know of Sonic through Sonic X, because that's not the best way to be introduced to Sonic XD

Neither is AoStH but hey, it worked for me :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Based on Cream's character I think that would be very cruel.

I guess...let me add to that scene.

Sonic and friends riding in the tornado.

Knuckles: Good thing we got rid of that annoying rabbit girl

Amy: Come on guys, she isn't THAT bad.

Tails looks in the mirror to see Cream and Cheese hurdling towards them (flying). Cream and Cheese land on the roof, and Amy lets them in.

Amy: Oh, uh...hey Cream!

Cream: Hello Miss Amy! Mr. Sonic, Mr. Tails, Mr. Knuckles!

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles have annoyed expressions on their faces.

Cream: That was a funny joke you pulled back there!

Cheese: Chao Chao? (to Cream, understanding that they were not wanted there)

I really think that could be hilarious, especially if Cheese knows about the other characters annoyance of Cream, but not being able to tell Cream about it because he can only talk in chao language.

Don't ANY of you guys think that's funny?

Edited by Generations

uh... we kind of have Amy for that...

I mean, she IS suposed to be anoying, especially for the characters, a combo of anoying Amy + anoying Cream would be deadly anoying.

we don't need that do we?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think its just a matter of time before another Sonic show and it will happen because--not in spite of--the series' waning popularity. I imagine SEGA might use a new show to revitalize interest in the franchise among younger people to fuel demand for the games rather than the other way around. If the show is done right, it can build its own audience.

Agree with Mulder (as crazy as Mulder's theories on aliens are), I think it's only a matter of time before we see another show. If Sonic continues to be an active franchise and SEGA continue's to market him, something will happen. Think of this, in the 20 years of Sonic, we've had three Western cartoon series, an anime movie, an anime series, a cg short film and a number of other little animated bits (like Man of the Year). It'll happen.

Personally, I'd love more cg shorts. Perhaps even a cg series? Another anime, done WELL this time would be sweet. Have the animators strictly follow the Uekawa character designs.

Exactly as the title says. I hope SEGA eventually approves for another Sonic show, it would be great because now there are many new characters and stories that can be used in the show. Here are some of my ideas.

Setting: Sonic and friends need to be in their own world this time around. No humans except for Dr. Eggman. Think of Green Hill Zone, except much larger with the characters actually living there, and it could be connected to lots of other different zones.

Characters: Lets face it, we do NOT need any more characters at this point. I'd rather SEGA just use the already existing, in-game universe characters. List below.

• Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
  • Knuckles The Echidna
  • Amy Rose
  • Cream The Rabbit
  • Cheese The Chao

Recurring/Occasional Characters

• Shadow The Hedgehog
    • Rouge The Bat
    • Vector The Crocodile
    • Espio The Chameleon
    • Charmy Bee
    • Vanilla The Rabbit
    • Silver The Hedgehog
    • Blaze The Cat

Voice Actors: We do not need another big argument about the voices. I'd want SEGA to use the current voices, but if that isn't possible, I GUESS they could get new voices, just as long as they are not utterly terrible.

Other: Some other ideas. I think the show should NOT be an anime, and I honestly think a CGI show would be pretty cool too. I really don't know what channel it could be on, but I'd say either Cartoon Network or The Hub.

So what do you guys think? Should there be another Sonic show? Do you agree or disagree with any of my ideas? Post away!

Arc-Specific Characters

E-123 Omega

Jet the Hawk

Big the Cat

Professor Pickle

Marine the Raccoon

Shade the Echidna

Eggman Nega