Awoo.

Do you think there will ever be another Sonic T.V show?

Generations

No, and probably never will be, especially since there's already a comic running.

Archie has never prevented any of the Sonic cartoons from existing.

No, and probably never will be, especially since there's already a comic running.

Ragna, you can't be serious.

Comics are only one end of the niche when it comes to grabbing viewers attentions. There are plenty of kids who haven't even touched comics, but probably spend hours watching television. They are two different niches with different audiences. If SEGA wanted to really reach out and grab a new audience, they would make a television show.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say another 10 or however-long-it-takes-Sonic-to-regain-status-as-video-game-platinum years before we get one.

Also, it better be good.

I'd say another 10 or however-long-it-takes-Sonic-to-regain-status-as-video-game-platinum years before we get one.

Also, it better be good.

Regain status? Sonic was barely a platinum when Heroes came out. He had two commercially lauded games in the Adventure series, but those two were part of a failing console. Hell, the only reason the time Heroes came out was so big was because SEGA was pushing the market on just about everything Sonic related.

Adventures and SatAM say hi. They were aired around the time Sonic CD was released. Sonic was HUGE back then from what I gather.

Sonic X and Underground say hi back. Underground was released just before Adventure, when the series was barely a blip. And I already explained Sonic X.

Ragna, you can't be serious.

Comics are only one end of the niche when it comes to grabbing viewers attentions. There are plenty of kids who haven't even touched comics, but probably spend hours watching television. They are two different niches with different audiences. If SEGA wanted to really reach out and grab a new audience, they would make a television show.

Except I'm pretty sure they don't have the resources to make such a show; SATAM and Underground were hardly based on the source material, AOSTH had really wonky animation at times, and like SATAM created when Sonic didn't really have an established story. Sonic X...is not very good. To make a quality show, as in something actually good, Sega need money, which I'm pretty sure they do not have considering their recent jump to digital products. The comics are a different niche yes, but considering it's not as cost effective as an entirely new show, I'm pretty sure Sega would just rather stick with that.

Except I'm pretty sure they don't have the resources to make such a show; SATAM and Underground were hardly based on the source material, AOSTH had really wonky animation at times, and like SATAM created when Sonic didn't really have an established story. Sonic X...is not very good. To make a quality show, as in something actually good, Sega need money, which I'm pretty sure they do not have considering their recent jump to digital products. The comics are a different niche yes, but considering it's not as cost effective as an entirely new show, I'm pretty sure Sega would just rather stick with that.

Aosth had wonky animation for multiple reasons. 1) It was on purpose 2) It was made for syndication, which lowers the budget for any show drastically. 3) It was made by DIC.

Satam had decent animation for what it's worth, and the action was done in such a way to compliment it. It's ok for a DIC show actually.

Underground was made at a time when DIC was becoming less prevelant in society, and when Sonic was generally forgotten.

Sonic X was done in Japan, where Sonic is not popular and did not merit a big budget. And the studio that made the show wasn't a low class one either.

So just because there's a comic in the US running, that should stop a Sonic TV show from airing again?

OHHH SO THE REST OF THE WORLD DOESN'T MATTER THEN.

Incase you didn't realise, Archie isn't sold everywhere, especially here in the UK.

My question is, if Hub picks up Sonic, will we see a Brony-esque phenomenon?

If nothing else that would prove quite humorous. Let's give it to them to do it.

Sonic fans will themselves as bronics.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

If nothing else that would prove quite humorous. Let's give it to them to do it.

We already have a fanbase full of weirdass man children.

(That's a joke, son).

Mogtaki.

I'm not one of those guys who assume everyone's a man on the Internet.

You also have the ability to read the information under the avatar. Even I don't know what they mean.

Anyway. while I'm not objected to a style similar to MLP (ugh), I don't see it working too well for Sonic. It'd play too much like a child's show, just like MLP is already.

Anything but Sonic X style, that's for sure.

You also have the ability to read the information under the avatar. Even I don't know what they mean.

Anyway. while I'm not objected to a style similar to MLP (ugh), I don't see it working too well for Sonic. It'd play too much like a child's show, just like MLP is already.

Anything but Sonic X style, that's for sure.

I checked it, but, for some reason, people claim that women on this board are men.

What do you mean by style? Art style, storytelling. You're going to have to be more specific.

I checked it, but, for some reason, people claim that women on this board are men.

The remnants of TANGOTI*-itus are to blame.

*There Are No Girls On The Internet

What do you mean by style? Art style, storytelling. You're going to have to be more specific.

Well I'm female, so you can be positive I'm definitely not a male.

Everything about it. The style and storytelling. I'm not sure about others, but I'd rather not watch them discover the meaning of friendship and why it's good to make cakes for your neighbour, Gummi Bears style.

Oh hey, you pretty much summed up the Pokémon animé.

Whaa? What would even make you think it would go in that direction on the HUB?

The HUB is a network that relies on marketing products to fit the demographic in demand. In the case of Sonic, that's young boys.

If anything, they'd probably make Sonic characters dress up in unecessary armor to please the marketing department. And have Eggman bring several different Badniks an episode.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Sega don't like shifting towards one demographic, otherwise characters like Tails and Blaze wouldn't exist for the obscure female population as we shuffle around demanding something new all the time. That's the problem Sega seem to have as they try to cater towards one sort but then forget about the other and hastily shove them in to try and make it better.

They already tried to go in the direction of Pokemon with Sonic X, so wouldn't mind it if they kept away from that.

You forgot that they'd shove Eggman in for comic relief instead of a serious bad guy.