Awoo.

Do you think there will ever be another Sonic T.V show?

Generations

Sega don't like shifting towards one demographic, otherwise characters like Tails and Blaze wouldn't exist for the obscure female population

The female population isn't that obscure. And both of those have appeal to boys as well. Amy and Cream are better examples.

Sega don't like shifting towards one demographic, otherwise characters like Tails and Blaze wouldn't exist for the obscure female population as we shuffle around demanding something new all the time. That's the problem Sega seem to have as they try to cater towards one sort but then forget about the other and hastily shove them in to try and make it better.

They already tried to go in the direction of Pokemon with Sonic X, so wouldn't mind it if they kept away from that.

You forgot that they'd shove Eggman in for comic relief instead of a serious bad guy.

But those characters are never the focus of the series. It's usually on the boy centered characters, who dwarf the females in presence and plot significance. The target demographic for Sonic is young boys.

And what direction was pokemon? And how does that relate to what I was talking about?

Eggman is both, or else they would have dropped that stupid name a long time ago.

But those characters are never the focus of the series. It's usually on the boy centered characters, who dwarf the females and more comedic males in presence and plot significance. The target demographic for Sonic is young boys.

And what direction was pokemon? And how does that relate to what I was talking about?

Eggman is both, or else they would have dropped that stupid name a long time ago.

I would imagine they would have Shadow in funky suits of armor.

But those characters are never the focus of the series. It's usually on the boy centered characters, who dwarf the females in presence and plot significance. The target demographic for Sonic is young boys.

I'm pretty sure characters like Shadow & Silver bring in enough female fans.

I'm pretty sure characters like Shadow & Silver bring in enough female fans.

Sasuke brings in the females, but Naruto is still a Shonen.

The target demographic SEGA aims for is young boys.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Sasuke brings in the females, but Naruto is still a Shonen.

The target demographic SEGA aims for is young boys.

Yeah, and FiM is aimed at little girls, yet most of it's fanbase are Young adult males.

What's your point?

Yeah, and FiM is aimed at little girls, yet most of it's fanbase are Young adult males.

What's your point?

That's it's aimed at young boys, and thus wouldn't go down MLP's route, no matter how many women come on board the fanbase.

(Ok, that was rude. But is my point really that hard to grasp? I explained myself posts before.)

Edited by VisionaryBlur

What is your point, it's like you're trying to say that Sonic can't appeal to other demographics or what?/

My point is that SEGA and the HUB would not turn Sonic in the direction of MLP because Sonic caters to a specific demographic of young boys. For gods sake man, what's so hard to understand? Yes, he appeals to other demographics, but his cartoons and games are not tailored for them. It is made with one demographic in mind.

He was not made with female viewers in mind, he was made with males in mind. He does not try to actively appeal to those outside the shonen category, but from time to time, there are people who find appeal in that. He is still not actively trying to appeal to them.

The HUB is a network that relies on marketing products to fit the demographic in demand. In the case of Sonic, that's young boys.

I wrote that down in clear english. What is hard to understand?

Edited by VisionaryBlur

You're sayin

My point is that SEGA and the HUB would not turn Sonic in the direction of MLP because Sonic caters to a specific demographic of young boys. For gods sake man, what's so hard to understand? Yes, he appeals to other demographics, but his cartoons and games are not tailored for them. It is made with one demographic in mind.

He was not made with female viewers in mind, he was made with males in mind. He does not try to actively appeal to those outside the shonen category, but from time to time, there are people who find appeal in that. He is still not actively trying to appeal to them.

Ok, so why are you acting like MLP isn't the same way? It's aimed primarily towards little girls, it just so happened that people outside the demographic liked it, so why are you acting like Sonic is somehow different because he aims for little boys? They're both franchises that have built a repuation for their fans outside their target demographics, so how would Sonic be treated any differently?

You're sayin

Ok, so why are you acting like MLP isn't the same way? It's aimed primarily towards little girls, it just so happened that people outside the demographic liked it, so why are you acting like Sonic is somehow different because he aims for little boys? They're both franchises that have built a repuation for their fans outside their target demographics, so how would Sonic be treated any differently?

I'm saying that Sonic will never attempt the MLP shkit because that is not how he does things. That's never how he does things. SEGA aimed for everything about Sonic to be fast speed boys action. MLP is a sitcom at best, based around cute humor and learning lessons for girls, which found appeal in an audience that it didn't want to actively target until its second season. And hell, it still isn't targeting them, just giving bronies nods here and there and not treating little girl viewers as if they were brain dead.

Sonic would be an adventure/action/comedy at best. It would revolve around getting kids pumped to watch Sonic beat up robots every day. That's the difference.

Setting: Sonic and friends need to be in their own world this time around. No humans except for Dr. Eggman. Think of Green Hill Zone, except much larger with the characters actually living there, and it could be connected to lots of other different zones.

Humans can fit in perfectly when done correctly. Take a look at Sonic Unleashed. They made the humans very cartoony and goofy, blending in perfectly.

Characters: Lets face it, we do NOT need any more characters at this point. I'd rather SEGA just use the already existing, in-game universe characters. List below.

Normal/Regular/Main Characters

• Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
  • Knuckles The Echidna
  • Amy Rose
  • Shadow The Hedgehog
  • Rouge The Bat

Recurring/Occasional Characters

• Cream The Rabbit
    • Cheese The Chao
    • Vector The Crocodile
    • Espio The Chameleon
    • Charmy Bee
    • Vanilla The Rabbit
    • Silver The Hedgehog
    • Blaze The Cat

So what do you guys think? Should there be another Sonic show? Do you agree or disagree with any of my ideas? Post away!

fix'd

I don't believe Cream and Cheese should be main characters. They are incredibly annoying and hold very little possible character development and are just plain dull. Out of the characters you listed, Shadow the Hedgehog would be a better main character. Possibly along with Rouge the Bat as his sidekick.

Overall: I would love to see a new Sonic cartoon, but the series just isn't popular enough to get one yet.

You're sayin

'Just jumping in to say Sonic is not aimed at little boys. The series has always been aimed at kids and teenagers, while attempting at appealing to adults at times.

For example: A majority of the games from 2000-2010 had an age rating of 12+ directly on the front of the box. Sonic 4 was also SEGA's attempt at appealing to adults.

It certainly isn't like My Little Pony.

I'm saying that Sonic will never attempt the MLP shkit because that is not how he does things. That's never how he does things. SEGA aimed for everything about Sonic to be fast speed boys action. MLP is a sitcom at best, based around cute humor and learning lessons for girls, which found appeal in an audience that it didn't want to actively target until its second season. And hell, it still isn't targeting them, just giving bronies nods here and there and not treating little girl viewers as if they were brain dead.

The "MLP Schit" is merely an example dude, never did anyone say that Sonic should be like MLP in terms of plot and characters, and I dunno how airing on the HUB will change that, especially since the HUB airs Transformers Prime, arguably the most violent show on that network.

I don't believe Cream and Cheese should be main characters. They are incredibly annoying and hold very little possible character development and are just plain dull. Out of the characters you listed, Shadow the Hedgehog would be a better main character. Possibly along with Rouge the Bat as his sidekick.

Ok, I'm not going to argue Cream and Cheese are decent characters, but why does it matter so much if they're main characters? If they're so annoying, wouldn't being main characters be a chance to ya know, fix that?

Just jumping in to say Sonic is not aimed at little boys. The series has always been aimed at kids and teenagers, while attempting at appealing to adults at times.

For example: A majority of the games from 2000-2010 had an age rating of 12+ directly on the front of the box. Sonic 4 was also SEGA's attempt at appealing to adults.

It certainly isn't like My Little Pony.

The series` primary plot is about a blue hedgehog with attitude beating down robots against a mad scientist....in what way does that appeal to everyone?

I don't feel like Sonic really needs any more shows. He's already had four of the goddamned things, plus an OVA. Most video games give it one go before giving up to the inevitable mediocrity that is gaming-to-television, but it seems that Sonic just won't.

Also, the lack of Metal Sonic want disgusts me. The guy hasn't appeared in any of the shows besides the OVA, he deserves to be in this shit if Charmy the fucking Bee does. But I digress. I don't want another show. I barely watch TV as it is (besides my infinite stockpile of [as] DVDs) and, honestly, I don't want another thing for people to bitch about.

The "MLP Schit" is merely an example dude, never did anyone say that Sonic should be like MLP in terms of plot and characters, and I dunno how airing on the HUB will change that, especially since the HUB airs Transformers Prime, arguably the most violent show on that network.

Anyway. while I'm not objected to a style similar to MLP (ugh), I don't see it working too well for Sonic. It'd play too much like a child's show, just like MLP is already.

That sounds like someone thinking a HUB Sonic would adopt MLP's "style"

That sounds like someone thinking a HUB Sonic would adopt MLP's "style"

Well for all intents and purpose, Sonic IS a kids series, just a kids series aimed at boys.

Ok, I'm not going to argue Cream and Cheese are decent characters, but why does it matter so much if they're main characters? If they're so annoying, wouldn't being main characters be a chance to ya know, fix that?

I listed two other issues with them other than just being "annoying". There's really not much possible character development with them, and they are incredibly bland in general. There are much better choices for main characters.

The series` primary plot is about a blue hedgehog with attitude beating down robots against a mad scientist

inFamous is about a guy who gets electricity powers who defeats random creatures. You know there's much more to it than that. I don't know what you're trying to prove.

....in what way does that appeal to everyone?

That isn't what I said. I said the series target demographic is kids and teenagers, but at times attempt at appealing to adults, which is true.

Sonic is not aimed at little boys. The series has always been aimed at kids and teenagers, while attempting at appealing to adults at times.

Well for all intents and purpose, Sonic IS a kids series, just a kids series aimed at boys.

But... but.

Can I ask what are you proving to me? I've been saying that same damn thing for the last majority of this pointless argument!

Why isn't Jet on this show? He's Sonic's main secondary antagonist.

2607706.png?261etxfa1.jpg

Shadow and Metal Who?

Edited by The Merry Joker
  • Thumbs Up 4

Maybe Cream could develop more if, say, Eggman kidnaps the main characters and plans to turn them into robots, Cream wants to stop Eggman but he insults her saying that she is a good two shoes Mary Sue who is worthless and annoyance to her friends. Cream could realize her friends were annoyed by her and leave, thinking she really couldn't help them, but she later decides that she is their only hope, and she's goes back to save them, learning that she can't always be nice and polite. She saves them, and her friends respect her and are no longer annoyed by her. She could also develop an attitude and grow up a little more as the series goes on

Main Secondary Antagonist? Are you kidding me? Ever heard of Shadow?? Jet has only appeared in non canon games anyway.

While I have no problems with Jet being part of a Sonic show, I'm pretty sure he isn't a main antagonist, secondary or otherwise. At best he's just that jackass rival who everyone loves to hate, or that chaotic neutral guy who couldn't give a shit about anything that doesn't apply to his own personal wants.

Oh wait...that kinda sounds like Shadow.

Edited by Malpercio