Awoo.

Do you think there will ever be another Sonic T.V show?

Generations

Well, if this topic is going to be about personal choices for a show, then I might as well add something.

Personally, i would make two shows. One that focuses on the adventures of classic Sonic, and one that would focus on modern Sonic. Both are split by a situation similar to the first episode of Sonic X. Sonic is just battling Eggman like normal when all of the sudden, Eggman's machine breaks and causes the cast to be flung into the future.

Classic would focus more on stopping Eggman's conquest of the world while Eggman stands in a seat of power similar to his Satam counterpart (only he would be more interesting and comical.)

Sonic would probably be very immature as this story begins and develop over time as a stronger character determined to stop Eggman at all costs. His team of friends would be different for this set of adventures.

The main cast would be, Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles as they attempt to stop the mad doctor's schemes. Along the way, they'd run into characters like Mighty, Ray, Bean, and Fang.

Fang would serve as Knuckles main rival in this series, constantly trying to steal the Master Emerald in comical ways that involves more slapstick than Rouge. He would also act as a hitman on the side and act as a sort of minion to Robotnik from time to time.

Sonic would have metal as his main rival in this series, and he would probably be a combination of the OVA and Heroes metal. He believes himself to be the real Sonic, and contains various aspects of Sonic's personality, including his competitive nature.

Eggman would be like Proffessor Ratigan in this series. He's prances, sings, giggles, and just loves to be an asshole to people. He can however be scary when he wants to, and will often get violent toward those closest to him. His reign of destruction is mostly based on ignorance and failing to understand the consequences of his actions on the environment.

One such quote I made in my head fits this version to a tee:

"Stupid hedgehog, I have the power!" - Eggman

"But you don't know how to use it!" - Sonic

Alongside Eggman, I'd pair him up with Scratch and Grounder as his go to minions. They are the closest things to friends he has, but he will be very abusive to them both as the series progress. They would serve as mostly comic relief, but would probably be more competent than their AoStH counterparts.

I'd probably also do a lot to add certain elements from other universes, but I know most people will hate that, so I won't mention it.

----

Modern Series:

Crap, have I gone on this long?

Well the Modern series would basically follow the plots of the games (yes, even 06 which I would change heavily) they're based on, but unlike Sonic X, these plots would try to be different from the plots of the games.

Since most of these changes are about fixing plot holes and adding new elements, I won't really go into detail for most of them. Let's just say, there wouldn't be any mistaking Shadow with Sonic.

This series would star most of the modern cast of Sonic, though I'd do my best to give them reasons for being in certain situations, and if they add nothing I'd just exclude them from stories. For starters, I'd remove Team Rose from any Sonic Heroes storyline.

I'd also have more anthro characters appear on screen, in the world, instead of it being a human fest. It'd be a mix of the two, and they would get along a-ok unless the FCC forced me to write an educational episode about racism.

Eggman would pretty much be Captain Hook in this series. He's a more desperate character, trying his best to outwit Sonic now that he's fallen from power. He would still be a jerk, but because he's so powerless, he's mellowed out and is more like Sonic's rival. His plots will be sillier, and oftentimes he'll just want to show up Sonic in any way possible. Whether it's trying to be the FUNKIEST CAT IN TOWN,

016eggman.jpg

or just plain... taking over the world.

Scratch and Grounder, would have their bodies changed for this series, in which they are given the bodies of Orbot and Cubot. In this series, though they would serve the same purpose.

So basically, just the modern direction of the series, with a few changes here and there.

---

I went on too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's how I would structure the show.

Season 1(Zone 1): Sonic and Tails exploring Mobious while fighting off Eggman. During their travels, they encounter Amy and Fang the Sniper. The season ends with Sonic and Metal Sonic(Who's appearance has been hinted at for the whole season.) Facing off.

Season 2(Zone 2): Would focus on Sonic, Tails, and Amy trying to stop the formation of the death egg, In the end, a three parter involving Knuckles, the Master Emerald, and Angel Island takes place.

Not sure where to go after that.

I made a post similar a few months back, but I'm too lazy to find sooooo:

The series would be 26 episode series animated by MADHOUSE, with the writing staff be collaborated with the Warren, Ken, and the writers who did the storybook games.

The first season would primarily focus on the exploits of Sonic & Tails after their latest defeat of Eggman, who has seemingly disappeared. With Eggman gone, new sub antagonists would fill the spot and oppose Sonic & friends. Other characters in the first season would include Amy, Knuckles, Cream, and the Chaotix. It'd mostly be a lighthearted action-comedy at first, a bit tense here and there, but nothing major. HOWEVER, Eggman comes back in the season finale with an entirely new plan, and has been using his absence as prep time; the first season ends with Eggman beating Sonic, and furthering his plans towards global domination.

Second season is when shit hits the ceiling, the entire season is basically one large arc about taking down Eggman with the entire world in the balance. Team Dark also make their presence known by also trying to take down Eggman, and competing with Sonic's crew to do so, cultivating in the final battle with Eggman. It'd be a slightly darker season what with more character development, higher stakes, and new antagonists, but it'd still have the lighthearted feel to not make it "stupid dark".

The first season would primarily focus on the exploits of Sonic & Tails after their latest defeat of Eggman, who has seemingly disappeared.

HOWEVER, Eggman comes back in the season finale with an entirely new plan

No deal, I'm not waiting an entire season to see Eggman. Dude should be there from episode 1.

No deal, I'm not waiting an entire season to see Eggman. Dude should be there from episode 1.

Tough, I did that so: A. Other antagonists can have their time in the spotlight. B. To subtlety build up Eggman's arc for Season 2.

I actually like mixing things up once in a while.

So, how could this show adapt Sonic Adventure 1 accurately?

Me, Joker, and endy came up with this idea that involves Sonic and friends showing up at Eggman's trial. They are called to the witness stand to explain to the jury exactly what happened during the entire chaos ordeal.

Hilarity ensues.

Sonic's story pretty much tells it like it is for the most part, except that Knuckles is made out to be a complete gullible dumbass who can barely fight. He will also emphasis that he TOTALLY won that fight with knuckles and if he says otherwise, he's lying.

Tails explains that HE really did all the work and unintentionally makes out sonic to be this useless cheerleader.

Knuckles makes himself out as an extremely strong, charismatic, and intelligent individual, and makes sonic out to be some sort of overconfident dumbass who can't focus for 10 seconds. He makes Tails into a spineless wimp. He also ends up fighting with Sonic over who won.

Amy makes Sonic out to be this hunky, edward cullen ripoff who is totally in love with her. She also makes tails out to be a spineless wimp.

And Big just spouts some shit about froggy.

In the end absolutely nothing gets done, Metal Sonic blows up the courtroom and leaves with eggman, and life goes on as usual.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, if this topic is going to be about personal choices for a show, then I might as well add something.

Personally, i would make two shows. One that focuses on the adventures of classic Sonic, and one that would focus on modern Sonic. Both are split by a situation similar to the first episode of Sonic X. Sonic is just battling Eggman like normal when all of the sudden, Eggman's machine breaks and causes the cast to be flung into the future.

I don't think that further officially separating "classic" and "modern" Sonic is a good idea. The whole class/modern thing is already really divisive among the fanbase and I don't think it's a good idea to contribute to it.

So, how could this show adapt Sonic Adventure 1 accurately?

Me, Joker, and endy came up with this idea that involves Sonic and friends showing up at Eggman's trial. They are called to the witness stand to explain to the jury exactly what happened during the entire chaos ordeal.

Hilarity ensues.

Sonic's story pretty much tells it like it is for the most part, except that Knuckles is made out to be a complete gullible dumbass who can barely fight. He will also emphasis that he TOTALLY won that fight with knuckles and if he says otherwise, he's lying.

Tails explains that HE really did all the work and unintentionally makes out sonic to be this useless cheerleader.

Knuckles makes himself out as an extremely strong, charismatic, and intelligent individual, and makes sonic out to be some sort of overconfident dumbass who can't focus for 10 seconds. He makes Tails into a spineless wimp. He also ends up fighting with Sonic over who won.

Amy makes Sonic out to be this hunky, edward cullen ripoff who is totally in love with her. She also makes tails out to be a spineless wimp.

And Big just spouts some shit about froggy.

In the end absolutely nothing gets done, Metal Sonic blows up the courtroom and leaves with eggman, and life goes on as usual.

Meh, I don't know about that. The main characters on the "good" side/alignment berating each other in a courtroom? They don't hate each other, jeez :P

Edited by Frogging101

Meh, I don't know about that. The main characters on the "good" side/alignment berating each other in a courtroom? They don't hate each other, jeez tongue.png

If there's one thing I can attest to, it's that the closest of friends insult the fuck out of eachother.

Who cares? It's fractured already, and will probably continue to be fractured, as it has been still in light of good Sonic games. Might as well make the best of it and take the opportunity to expand on a universe.

Plus, it's a good way to address both eras of games. You can have a plot that's caught up to the modern timeline while having a plot that occurs in the classic timeline and leads up to the eventual change.

Meh, I don't know about that. The main characters on the "good" side/alignment berating each other in a courtroom? They don't hate each other, jeez tongue.png

It's not so much that they hate each other so much as they all want to be the main hero of the story, and love to make themselves out to be the best out of the group involved. It's called the Rashoman effect, named after the movie Rashoman. The effect is that there are multiple people who have different interpretations of the same event, and generally try to portray themselves as the best and the one to be sympathized with the most.

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who cares? It's fractured already, and will probably continue to be fractured, as it has been still in light of good Sonic games. Might as well make the best of it and take the opportunity to expand on a universe.

So you're saying "it's broken already, let's break it more"?

So you're saying "it's broken already, let's break it more"?

It can't break anymore than this. And it's better than starting an entire show from the beginning and not being able to address current games. It's also better than Sonic X, where we start off by ignoring the majority of past events.

Tough, I did that so: A. Other antagonists can have their time in the spotlight. B. To subtlety build up Eggman's arc for Season 2.

I actually like mixing things up once in a while.

You wanna mix shit up, you gave yourself two whole seasons to do it in. There's no reason to go a whole season without the guy.

Driving the wedge deeper isn't going to help.

It can't break anymore than this.
Maybe we should try to let the wound heal instead of forcing it to stay open.

And it's better than starting an entire show from the beginning and not being able to address current games.
Why?

---

Okay, so I'm going to ramble a bit and see what comes out.

I think the best situation would be for the show to be its own thing, inspired by the game series but not beholden to it. Unlike the old cartoons, there's enough established in the games for the show to be recognizable in spite of its differences, but it should still rethink these things from square one rather than simply parroting them.

Sonic: The protagonist, the hero, and a loner to a fault. He lives a free and unrestrained life, travelling the world and seeing the sights. Although he doesn't dislike people, he doesn't usually make friends, since he's always travelling and he doesn't want anything weighing him down or holding him back. He's already made a bit of a name for himself, saving people in trouble and vanishing soon after.

Eggman: The antagonist, the villain, the egotistical manchild mad scientist. Brilliant but warped, he's a man that desires both control and adoration--and he's more than willing to get them by force. His robot army is powerful, but thus far ineffective; he's begun seeking the legendary Chaos Emeralds to bolster his army's strength.

Tails: Sidekick, mechanic, mutant. A lonely kid often teased for his strange appearance, and has thus thrown himself into his hobby.

Amy: Clingy girlfriend wannabe. A spirited girl with a crush on the mysterious blue hero Sonic and a passing interest in the supernatural, especially relating to fate and prophecy.

These make up the main cast, at least early on. Perhaps give Eggman a subordinate, maybe Orbot, so he has someone to talk to when he's not dealing with the heroes, and create background characters as needed.

The first few episodes establish these characters, their relationships, and their goals. Sonic and Eggman end up on South Island, the latter seeking the emeralds, the former by coincidence. Sonic and Tails meet early on; Tails latches on to the cool dude with the cool plane, Sonic's not so keen on it but he humors the kid for a bit. Sonic fights Eggman, Sonic beats Eggman, Sonic has a reason to stick around for a while (maybe just the continuing threat of Eggman, maybe the Tornado gets damaged/destroyed and Tails promises to fix it). Have an episode or two about Tails learning to use his tails and Sonic warming up to him a bit. Introduce Amy, have her start out clingy, have Sonic tell her to fuck off, have her learn to be a little less clingy and a little more useful and Sonic start to tolerate her. Build up to the Death Egg, Sonic 2 style, and maybe collect an emerald or two along the way.

Then you can do a S3&K arc, introducing Knuckles and Metal Sonic. S3&K's plot can pretty much be used as is, just trim some zones, create some dialogue, and flesh it out a bit. Stick Metal kidnapping Amy and a Stardust Speedway race look-alike in there somewhere. Collect the rest of the emeralds and finish it off with Super Sonic and Doomsday.

If the show's still going, then they could take some bits from the Adventures or work on original arcs.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dio, you need to think about this from a marketing standpoint. To the executive mind, it simply doesn't make sense to start from the absolute beginning of the series in that regards. Your show won't benefit from any marketing push brought on by the latest game, and won't benefit the game in any way. Thus, the show acts as dead weight, only garnering average ratings.

And that's the thing to think of with a Sonic show, marketing and toys. It's one of the main reasons many action shows have gotten canned in the past. *coughSymbionictitan* Ratings just aren't enough. The show must act as both a good source of entertainment, while fulfilling its purpose as a 30 minute commercial for the latest toys, games, or game related merchandise.

Dio, you need to think about this from a marketing standpoint.
ew

To the executive mind, it simply doesn't make sense to start from the absolute beginning of the series in that regards. Your show won't benefit from any marketing push brought on by the latest game, and won't benefit the game in any way. Thus, the show acts as dead weight, only garnering average ratings.

And that's the thing to think of with a Sonic show, marketing and toys. It's one of the main reasons many action shows have gotten canned in the past. *coughSymbionictitan* Ratings just aren't enough. The show must act as both a good source of entertainment, while fulfilling its purpose as a 30 minute commercial for the latest toys, games, or game related merchandise.

Fuck that I'm not compromising quality just to hawk some shitty merch.
  • Thumbs Up 1

ew

Fuck that I'm not compromising quality just to hawk some shitty merch.

Tell that to the suits you have to speak against. You'd be against the powers of your Network, your studio, and SEGA.

This is the one argument I wish you could win, but facts and experience triumph even you.

Tell that to the suits you have to speak against. You'd be against the powers of your Network, your studio, and SEGA.

This is the one argument I wish you could win, but facts and experience triumph even you.

/confused

SatAM, AoStH, and Sonic X had merchandise?

/confused

SatAM, AoStH, and Sonic X had merchandise?

Sonic X had toylines released, and I believe some shirts. They also acted as a way to promote the Adventure remakes, Sonic battle, and Sonic heroes.

AoSth was made to sell Sonic 2 and had some Mcdonalds toys based on them.

Satam was meant to promote Sonic 2 and the comic.

Live doing the right thing, or die doing the right thing.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I prefer to live doing the smart compromise.

It ain't smart.

Also I don't see how expecting to convince them to make two shows for what is still, technically, one fanbase is going to be very successful.

• Thumbs Up 1

It ain't smart.

Also I don't see how expecting to convince them to make two shows for what is still, technically, one fanbase is going to be very successful.

It is.

There are ways. For starters, because of the vast differences in characterizations between the Classic and Modern timelines, that allows for a vast variety of merchandise that can be exploited. You have different styled machines, different styled characters, different locations, etc. Plus, the shows could easily branch out to attract casuals out in many different ways. The classic series could be used as a sort of attraction for the older Sonic crowd, while also acting as a good introduction to the classic style for younger kids.

The Modern storyline, could be for the more, "hip" kids who are more into what the modern series has to offer and who will appreciate the modern characters differently.

It's simple executive logic, and a good enough way to compromise with the lot. If not, then you'd be forced to start the series from the closest modern game, and continue onwards from there. Only mentioning the old games in flashbacks or altered events.