Awoo.

Do you think there will ever be another Sonic T.V show?

Generations

I choose to make things people might actually care about.

You've yet to prove how my idea would make people not care. All you've proven is that there would be a wider gap between Classic and Modern Sonic fans (which I still highly doubt). People would still tune in for my idea, because it's Sonic. And the name is enough to garner interest at first. Though, it's the quality which will keep them.

\People would still tune in for my idea, because it's Sonic. And the name is enough to garner interest at first. Though, it's the quality which will keep them.

I think you just killed your own argument there.

I think you just killed your own argument there.

Nope. Dio's idea still won't have the classics. It won't start from the beginning, because that's unrealistic. Sure, it may have quality, but it won't cover the stuff people may hope was being covered.

It can't cover Adventures 1, 2. It can't cover Heroes, Unleashed, though maybe Colors. And Generations would become nothing but a massive exposition dump.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Where else can you start, but from the beginning?

Garbage like Sonic X didn't start from then, and it was still made that way because it was for marketing purposes.

Sonic X had toylines released, and I believe some shirts. They also acted as a way to promote the Adventure remakes, Sonic battle, and Sonic heroes.

AoSth was made to sell Sonic 2 and had some Mcdonalds toys based on them.

Satam was meant to promote Sonic 2 and the comic.

What about Sonic Underground?

What about Sonic Underground?

Oh yeah, easy to forget that.

It was meant to promote Adventure.

Well I don't particularly want to create garbage, so perhaps I should not imitate garbage.

You would be forced to.

Dio, I'm not against your idea, but that's how it works. Damn it all I would prefer if your idea was how it worked.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

It was meant to promote Adventure.

what

You would be forced to.

Dio, I'm not against your idea, but that's how it works. Damn it all I would prefer if your idea was how it worked.

Try fighting for it. Edited by hella jeff
  • Thumbs Up 2

How did Sonic Underground promote adventure? It has nothing to do with the games unless I'm missing something.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Uphex

Dio, I would fight for it. But when it comes to video game franchises, you have to answer to two sets of executives breathing down your neck, keeping everything in check, and insisting you're grabbing as much attention as you can with the new product.

How did Sonic Underground promote adventure? It has nothing to do with the games unless I'm missing something.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by VisionaryBlur

If Underground can promote Adventure despite having fuck all to do with anything even resembling the games, I don't see how my idea couldn't be at least as viable.

Dio, I would fight for it. But when it comes to video game franchises, you have to answer to two sets of executives breathing down your neck, keeping everything in check, and insisting you're grabbing as much attention as you can with the new product.

Yes, those are the guys you fight. Get to it. Edited by hella jeff
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Underground can promote Adventure despite having fuck all to do with anything even resembling the games, I don't see how my idea couldn't be at least as viable.

SEGA of America wanted to promote it by showing that Sonic existed, when he was barely a blip on the radar. The show barely lasted as a result of the poor misinformation the same could befall yours.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

And all it would prove to executive minds is that Sonic does not have the ability to last if he is not current, probably killing Classic Sonic even more.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Aren't they already going to assume that? Can't change their minds if you don't try.

They apparently don't (fully) considering the staying power and celebration of Generations.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

So there's an opening. A chance to do something worth doing. Are you not going to take it just because it might fail?

• Thumbs Up 2

So there's an opening. A chance to do something worth doing. Are you not going to take it just because it might fail?

I'm taking a different chance that involves less risk and more returns. I'm trying to incorporate a beginning while still remaining current. It's my chance at trying to please both worlds and get as real a solution as I can.

It's not a real solution, it's a clusterfuck of trying to please everyone. What does it give anyone that they didn't already think they wanted?

Having two seasonal television shows of the same property being produced at the same time, whether anime or westernized, is a bad idea due to prohibitive costs (an anime is the result if several middle management companies all vying for input and financial compensation which can sink a show easily, and domestic televised animation is so damn expensive that we outsource it all to Asia anyway) as well as direct competition from each show cutting into ratings and reception of each other. Since us armchair analysts are talking, clearly there has to be a reason why there's no notable example of this ever happening and the shows being raging successes. I guess the closest you'd get is Hanna-Barbara's 60s and 70s schlock- as in, it just wouldn't surprise me if they were producing ten Scooby shows simultaneously- but the quality of their output was already beginning to suffer immensely, and we now want to try this today when animation is even more expensive to produce?

Plus, why are we continually perpetuating this Classic and Modern madness anyway when I don't think there's been strong support of such a distinction. Just make one show and be done with it. Sonic sells regardless.

• Thumbs Up 8

Having two seasonal television shows of the same property being produced at the same time, whether anime or westernized, is a bad idea due to prohibitive costs (an anime is the result if several middle management companies all vying for input and financial compensation which can sink a show easily, and domestic televised animation is so damn expensive that we outsource it all to Asia anyway) as well as direct competition from each show cutting into ratings and reception of each other. Since us armchair analysts are talking, clearly there has to be a reason why there's no notable example of this ever happening and the shows being raging successes. I guess the closest you'd get is Hanna-Barbara's 60s and 70s schlock- as in, it just wouldn't surprise me if they were producing ten Scooby shows simultaneously- but the quality of their output was already beginning to suffer immensely, and we now want to try this today when animation is even more expensive to produce?

Plus, why are we continually perpetuating this Classic and Modern madness anyway when I don't think there's been strong support of such a distinction. Just make one show and be done with it. Sonic sells regardless.

You've proved a better point with that. Yes, my shows do give direct competition to one another, and there's no getting around that. It would mostly depend on the quality of either show to see how much they would interfere with one another, but I guess it's safe to say the idea would be too risky.

But my point still stands. A Sonic show can't be done from the beginning. It's simple as that.