Awoo.

Disturbing things you found in Sonic?

Spin Attaxx

True, but Omega did manage to last 200 years in Standby Mode, no worse for wear.

Let's not forget that this was in the middle of a burning city floating on top of lava no less. 

It's even more disturbing when you consider that after all of it is said and done, Shadow will be the only one left alive, his immortality prevents him from aging or dying by natural causes, so unless something kills him, he's doomed to watch his closest die around him......damn no wonder he's such a grumpy ass.

Shadow the Hedgehog 2 will take place then.

Shadow is going to be like Casshern then ohmy.png

Shadow Sins confirmed for 20*shot by fans*

Shadow the Hedgehog 2 will take place then.

Mother of god...IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering Madonna was meant to be kidnap bait, I think many would accuse it of being a Mario clone.

Worst scenario, we'd not have gotten Sonic 2.

Thank God that SEGA didn't go that route...wow SEGA, what were you thinking back then?!

I can think of some disturbing things:

Eggman shocking knuckles so hard in Sonic 3 & Knux that you could basically see his skeleton. Had knuckles held on to the M.E. any longer it's possible that he could've died.

Also there was that cutscene before the egg walker boss. Just the tone of Eggmans voice when he threatened to kill Tails just let's you know that he's really not screwing around this time and that he truly wants one of the heroes out his way no matter what the cost.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman shocking knuckles so hard in Sonic 3 & Knux that you could basically see his skeleton. Had knuckles held on to the M.E. any longer it's possible that he could've died.

What's even worse is he electrocuted him...in his brain. Attached those things right onto his skull and shocked him so dang hard like that.

Also there was that cutscene before the egg walker boss. Just the tone of Eggmans voice when he threatened to kill Tails just let's you know that he's really not screwing around this time and that he truly wants one of the heroes out his way no matter what the cost.

The whole situation was pretty intense and disturbing. "Sonic thwarted Plan A, time to nuke the city!"

Some of the old Sonic books feature some... interesting artwork.

SonicGamebook_TheZoneZapper.jpg

I think they took the name 'Eggman' a bit too literally in this image...

Sonic_and_the_silicon_warriors.jpgThis has got to be the worst offender though, WHY CAN'T SONIC EVER HAVE NORMAL EYES???

• Thumbs Up 4

I always thought the whole pervert scene with Metal Sonic/Sonic was a bit weird.

Same with Tails grabbing that one girl's breasts. o.o

Edited by Autosaver

Isnt It obivious? Maria is an alien. Lets be honest, In SA2 she looked really weird. I prefer the anime-esqe design. She looke good in the CG cutsences...what the hell happend with her in game model though.....?

Also what the hell were sonic team thinking making shadow part alien, how could they think pulling a Star wars was a good idea?

Isnt It obivious? Maria is an alien. Lets be honest, In SA2 she looked really weird. I prefer the anime-esqe design. She looke good in the CG cutsences...what the hell happend with her in game model though.....?

Also what the hell were sonic team thinking making shadow part alien, how could they think pulling a Star wars was a good idea?

Because Japan. That's why.

Did anyone got a bit disturbed by the biolizard?

Well it really freaked me out as a kid.

It is a giant lizard with no eyes on live support.

and his reveal was always a jump scare for me

Edited by Animatedmusic

The biolizard never really disturbed me, just confused me. I mean where the hell that that thing come from? A prototype of the ulitmate life form yes, but why is it a huge effing lizard? It was foreshadowed  in the dark story but that was a blink and you'll miss it moment and even then wasnt really explained.

The most disturbing thing with the biolizard for me was the giant tumors sonic and shadow hit with their face.

A fan theory is that it was based of the mural of Perfect Chaos.

I guess that's why he went from lizard to hedgehog.

It also explains the giant slides in Cannon's Core.

The biolizard never really disturbed me, just confused me. I mean where the hell that that thing come from? A prototype of the ulitmate life form yes, but why is it a huge effing lizard? It was foreshadowed  in the dark story but that was a blink and you'll miss it moment and even then wasnt really explained.

The most disturbing thing with the biolizard for me was the giant tumors sonic and shadow hit with their face.

Because lizards can regenerate and procreate without needing another lizard.

There's entire colonies of female only lizards who procreate through cloning, they're incredibly successful.

Everything the Metarex do in Sonic X is disturbing.

Firstly, their origins. Male equivalent of a species that is fully willing to induce forced evolution to get an edge over an enemy regardless of the fatal consequences of unnaturally fast imperfect evolution. So obsessed with going toe-to-toe with their enemies, they use the very life essence of their home planet in order to stabilize their metamorphosis, leaving the planet unable to thrive and sustain life.

Then when the females of the species object to the males actions, they leave the planet and attempt to destroy the males via nuclear bombardment. Presumably in order to survive, the males take to enhancing themselves with cybernetics and become obsessed with bringing peace and tranquility to the universe by eradicating all life that isn't plant life. So they go around the universe stealing other planet's sources of life in order to fulfill one requirement of the plan without regard to the inhabitants, plunging entire planets into death and effectively murdering their populaces.

The entire organization has absolutely no regard for sentient life, even going so far as eradicating their own troops if it means accomplishing something in their favor. See episode 60 in which the Hobidon (One of which was that Lion guy who looks suspiciously similar to Kimba) were wiped out and episode 64 in which Red Pine's fleet fires on the Metarex station despite it being full of personnel. They even stalked down the females of their species and had them slaughtered, effectively plunging their own species into extinction.

Probably the most sick things they did was murdering the last of Cascade's resistance fighters by having them consumed alive by trees in episode 72. That is probably the most disturbing things in the entire franchise next to the Egg Grapes in Archie. Period. It is so amazingly dark and horrible. Pale Bay Leaf annihilates Molly and her ship with no remorse whatsoever.

Then there's what they did to Cosmo, violating her brain with technology that transmits information about Sonic and co completely without poor Cosmo's knowledge. It's even revealed that the implants that transmit info were tied to Cosmo's sight and hearing, making any attempts to remove them highly likely to result in sacrificing her sight and hearing.

Not to forget how they carry out the final phase of their plan to rid the universe of animal life by making vegetation grow out of control on various planets. Only Cosmo's, Super Sonic's and Super Shadow's actions prevented them from being successful and it resulted in the former's demise.

Yep. The Metarex are probably the most disturbing villains in the franchise. As I said, they have no regard for sentient life and they're entirely self-serving.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really don't like how EVERY continuity that isn't the games, even the ones heavily based on the games like Sonic X, just don't quite 'get' Sonic. It's like the creators have no previous knowledge of the franchise when conceiving the show/comic/other and thus we end up with things totally un-Sonic like such as the Meterex and Egg Grapes ect...

It's really irritating -_-

• Thumbs Up 3

I really don't like how EVERY continuity that isn't the games, even the ones heavily based on the games like Sonic X, just don't quite 'get' Sonic.

You can make a fair argument that the games don't "get" Sonic either, which kind of explains a lot of that.

• Thumbs Up 4

You can make a fair argument that the games don't "get" Sonic either, which kind of explains a lot of that.

Maybe not the gameplay, but I feel that they've started to get the hang of the character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe not the gameplay, but I feel that they've started to get the hang of the character.

I think one could fairly argue otherwise, but aside from that there's still large chunks of time where they didn't, which explains why no one else could either.

Well every writer has it's own take on Sonic, and this is true for every other derivative series in existence.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think one could fairly argue otherwise, but aside from that there's still large chunks of time where they didn't, which explains why no one else could either.
Right ok, I'll give you that one :P

But even back in the Classic days where the hell did SatAM and Underground get their ideas from? Sonic in a post-apocalypse dystopia? The games didn't even remotely depict the franchise like that and it's not like they were getting their ideas from a NES game, everything was easily identifiable in all it's 16 bit glory!

• Thumbs Up 2

Right ok, I'll give you that one tongue.png

But even back in the Classic days where the hell did SatAM and Underground get their ideas from? Sonic in a post-apocalypse dystopia? The games didn't even remotely depict the franchise like that and it's not like they were getting their ideas from a NES game, everything was easily identifiable in all it's 16 bit glory!

These are the same people who looked at Metroid, Mega Man, Kid Icarus, the Legend of Zelda and Castlevania and ended up with Captain N. I don't think it's possible to track their logic. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Y'know, I forgot Robotnik's nose-for-a-head look that they seemed to think kids would actually think looked like Robotnik in the game was from the same company who saw Cut Man as a purple-faced Jack Nicholson in a green and orange suit with gold kitchen scissors on his head.

Makes sense now.