Awoo.

Disturbing things you found in Sonic?

Spin Attaxx

Hmm..I found Tikal and the Chao getting trampled on in Sonic Adventure to be pretty morbid. I especially felt sorry for the poor chao..

And speaking of chao, you can beat them up in both Adventure games and the Shadow the Hedgehog game. Also, if you abuse a chao long enough, when they die they will not reincarnate.

Then there are some of Eggman's character designs..such as his western design in the classic games:

Spinball_eggman.png

His eyes are usually covered by glasses. And he is usually more wacky or silly looking than this. SATAM Robotnik had cliche red eyes, but here he has no eyes what so ever.

Edited by colorfulzones104

Hmm..I found Tikal and the Chao getting trampled on in Sonic Adventure to be pretty morbid. I especially felt sorry for the poor chao..

I would've found that disturbing to if it weren't for the horrible animation and me just being oblivious enough to not show any kind of sympathy for Tikal or the chao in that scene.

Ehh..I'll admit the animation in that game was subpar. I still felt some sympathy, though.

Now we've done the games, let's go into the Archie Comics:

Photo.png

In an alternate universe, Sonic wasn't able to stop Knuckles from becaming Enerjak, an evil godlike being and he pretty much threw the world into chaos.

Everyone you see on the wall has had their "Core" (that shiny orb in his hand), which is basically their soul, extracted from their bodies. Enerjak can turn the cores into "Prelates", which are machine-like entities that look like whoever their core was stolen from, has the owner's abilities, and can shoot lasers.

Prelates.jpg

When the Prelate are defeated, the cores come out but they return to Enerjak and he can just reuse them again.

Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 5

Now we've done the games, let's go into the Archie Comics:

Photo.png

In an alternate universe, Sonic wasn't able to stop Knuckles from becaming Enerjak, an evil godlike being and he pretty much threw the world into chaos.

Everyone you see on the wall has had their "Core", which is basically their soul, extracted from their bodies. Enerjak can turn the cores into "Prelates", which are machine-like entities that look like whoever their core was stolen from, has the owner's abilities, and can shoot lasers.

When the Prelate are defeated, the cores come out but they return to Enerjak and he can just reuse them again.

Yes, that is disturbing..

If we're talking about the comics, what about roboticization?

Yes, that is disturbing..

If we're talking about the comics, what about the unwilling roboticization from the earlier comics? Or from SATAM?

In the comics, everyone that was roboticized was restored to normal.

Of course now they have to worry about being "legionized", where people are forcibly turned into cyborgs through surgery. Some enjoyed the "upgrade", others not so much...

It seems Sega likes being overly detailed with certain things...not just with Rouge, but with Tails too! In Sonic Advance 3's opening movie, they went as far to draw Tails' butt hole.

HoRsw.png

So yeah...very disturbing. D:

It seems Sega likes being overly detailed with certain things...not just with Rouge, but with Tails too! In Sonic Advance 3's opening movie, they went as far to draw Tails' butt hole.

HoRsw.png

So yeah...very disturbing. D:

Um... Wow. Why would they do that? It's just... No.

Um... Wow. Why would they do that? It's just... No.

In a nutshell, it was a failed attempted at shading.

Btw I'm more than sure that we already have a "disturbing" Sonic topic, though I think it and this topic should merge instead of locking this one.

Edit :

And here it is.

Edited by Jetronic

In a nutshell, it was a failed attempted at shading.

Btw I'm more than sure that we already have a "disturbing" Sonic topic, though I think it and this topic should merge instead of locking this one.

Edit :

And here it is.

I don't think disturbing and strange count as the same thing.

Strange just means it just confuses you to some degree and makes you want to think about why they did it.

Disturbing may creep you out to a certain extent and you just don't even want to think about why they did it, that or it may scar you or ruin childhoods.

Damn, I go to sleep, wake up and find this has 4 pages?!

Photo.png

Jeez, they actually put that in the comics?!

BLAZE, KILL THE NOT-EGGMAN WITH EXTREME FIERY PREJUDICE!!!

When you look at some of the buildings and wreckage in Crisis City closely, moreso noticeable in the 06 version, it seems very... 9/11 ish. Especially tall skyscrapers smouldering in the blistering heat with narrow windows. It's kind of unsettling, actually.

Edited by Semi-colon e

When you look at some of the buildings and wreckage in Crisis City closely, moreso noticeable in the 06 version, it seems very... 9/11 ish. Especially tall skyscrapers smouldering in the blistering heat with narrow windows. It's kind of unsettling, actually.

I think what's more unsettling is the fact that there's cars everywhere and they don't look that old. Were all the citizens killed recently or something, leading to Silver wanting to take a stand at that moment in time specifically and not later? Maybe he witnessed their deaths and that's what turned him to thinking 'there must be another way'.

I think humans died out long before Silver's story began. He might even be asking ash-preserved corpses about the destruction of his world.

Which leads to a disturbing thought about 06 I brought up once: Silver is the last thing alive and he's in self denial about it, leading to his mind imagining "Blaze" in a desparate bid to prevent going insane.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

Then just imagine that scenario, but why are the cars so new looking? They should had been burnt and rotted to a crisp 200 years before. Then again, how was Silver (and Blaze, but not so much her since they deny her story existed in 06) even born during that time? Just how many of these animal people are there running around trying to dodge fire torrents and tornadoes carrying cars?

• Thumbs Up 1

The cars were in some secret underground bunker that took 200 years to break through?

Also, Silver might be the offspring of the last two hedgehogs alive, who promptly died afterwards. Silver may have had to resort to cannibalism to survive.

• Thumbs Up 1