Awoo.

Disturbing things you found in Sonic?

Spin Attaxx

You know certain Badnik's that can self detonate such as Jawz in Hydrocity Zone? When you attack these Badnik's normally, an animal will pop out. But when they collide with you and are destroyed as a result, no animal will pop out. I found this to be incredibly unsettling considering the implication is that the animal died in the Badnik's explosion blink.png

Subtle horror is the best kind, my friend!

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet.

You know certain Badnik's that can self detonate such as Jawz in Hydrocity Zone? When you attack these Badnik's normally, an animal will pop out. But when they collide with you and are destroyed as a result, no animal will pop out. I found this to be incredibly unsettling considering the implication is that the animal died in the Badnik's explosion blink.png

... Oh dear. Fridge Horror ahoy?

... Oh dear. Fridge Horror ahoy?

The whole series is chock full of it.

-Logically if Badniks run off life force the "battery" eventually runs out

-Calling BS that no one died when Perfect Chaos roflstomped Station Square

-Mass murder of military personnel in SA2

-If Dark Gaia brings out your darker emotions, logically there were probably a lot of rapes and murders during Sonic Unleashed.

-Colors has the probable genocide of the Wisps had Sonic not gotten involved.

And many more! :)

Also, speaking as someone who is pretty Nyctophobic, I've always found Lost Colony in SA2 to be a very creepy stage. The whole stage is just so atmospheric in it's music and the blinking on and off of the red lines within the walls in the complete darkness. What makes it even more unsettling is the fact that the very place was the site of a mass murder ordered by a corrupt military organization and the fact that the entire ARK had been like that, plunged in darkness for 50 long years.

0.jpg

Brr...

• Thumbs Up 8

....I....I never looked at Lost Colony in that fashion.

Thank you for that mental image, Verte. =|

Sorry for creeping you out unsure.png

But yeah, I would not like to have been Eggman in that stage...

I would.

Because then I'd be able to somehow get through it by laughing at everything I destroy.

-Logically if Badniks run off life force the "battery" eventually runs out

-Calling BS that no one died when Perfect Chaos roflstomped Station Square

-Mass murder of military personnel in SA2

-If Dark Gaia brings out your darker emotions, logically there were probably a lot of rapes and murders during Sonic Unleashed.

-Colors has the probable genocide of the Wisps had Sonic not gotten involved.

I'm more worried about the animals needing to go to the bathroom when they're inside badniks.

Oh also, Dark Gaia...well, the darker emotions were more like depression, so imagine all the people who committed suicide (especially the religious nuts who saw the earth break apart and think it was the rapture or something).

As for the Wisps...yes, it was stated in the game that they had already been converted into pure energy. That was the part that confused me in Colors since I didn't think Sega would go in that direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

All the more motivation to get them yourself, then.

Except for the Asterons, that is. R.I.P. nameless critters.

I swear you can kill Asterons by jumping into them. I know I did it once.

... I could've lived out the rest of my life not knowing that ad existed... just... WTF, I take a short break from trying to ROM hack Action 52 and see THIS?!

Also, how 'bout that Pakistan Mcdonald's ad? The one with Rouge as a mouse?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

... is that the offspring of Classic Sonic, Barack Obama, a bag, Harry Potter, the number 10 and colouring errors?

Why I do believe it is.

I swear you can kill Asterons by jumping into them. I know I did it once.

You can, but their never outside of the wall to do so.

Edited by Chrononego

I find Sonic's laugh in '06 extremely disturbing. He sounds so goofy. :s

However I love Sonic and Tails' laughter in Colours. Heck I love their Colours characterisation in general...

• Thumbs Up 1

... OH FUCK.

I guess that's why you don't see Sonic on many food products nowadays...

And the

he makes... fuck, people, Spinball should have been a light game, not a nightmare fest.

I think STI and Polygames hates ears and children's sweet dreams. Game is still frickin' creepy but, that I can stand, what I can't stand is the sound. Good lord.

Gerald's entire speech in SA2's Last Story;

I always found that to be incredibly dark and definitely one of the most unsettling cutscenes in the entire game and possibly in the history of the franchise.

Here you have this formally great man who only wanted to benefit mankind through the power of science and his own intellect, reduced to a shell of his former self speaking his condemnation for humanity for the murder of his beloved innocent granddaughter. His intentions ooze with passionate hatred, his speech even containing suicide ideation.

When you compare his state in this cutscene to the pleasant old man depicted in Shadow the Hedgehog who even referred to Shadow as his son and had nothing but concern for humankind's salvation from the Black Arms, it just makes it even creepier.

• Thumbs Up 7

Marble Zone

Marble.png

The second ever stage of the series can be rather disturbing if you think about it long enough. I mean, the place is basically a bunch of abandoned ruins with a giant dungeon you traverse. And I'm willing to bet the underground volcano this place was pretty much built on top of it more or less responsible. Can you just imagine a couple hundred or so years ago lava coursing through the corridors of this place, killing all within the walls. The agonized screams they let out as their flesh melted in blistering pain? Dear god...

Gerald's entire speech in SA2's Last Story;

Assuming what happened immediately after that man said “ready,” you could say Gerald's recording is a snuff film that was broadcasted throughout the entire planet. Making this one more reason that blonde little girl npc with the braids is going to need therapy.

Edited by DuraV