Awoo.

Disturbing things you found in Sonic?

Spin Attaxx

Come to think of it, SA2's NPCs seen in the cutscenes are borderline uncanny valley.

The thing I absolutely can't stand is the "Almost Dead" song from Shadow The Hedgehog. I mean, the whole game was about the wholesale slaughter of civilians, but the song is so evil-sounding. As a Christian, some of the lyrics make me uncomfortable (particularly the "Heaven can't save us, Hell is a joke" part). How on earth did we go from Green Hill zone to that?

But I digress. SA2 has it's hellish Dark Garden, filled with rusty, swinging cages just the size for Sonic, dead trees, creepy minor-key music, and a big POOL OF BLOOD to swim in.

garden-dark-big.jpg

That...is not sanitary.

And Sonic Riders has a hell section in Digital Dimension, where creepy moans emanate from ghostly hands that try to drag you into the pit.

Also, I agree with Dark Gaia's final transformation to be absolutely disgusting. And why do you always have to hit the creatures in the eye? Think about how gross that would be for poor Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Don't forget this:

164889-ogorki.jpg

That seriously reminds me of this, although it holds no real relevance:

tumblr_medww4VuOI1qfsokzo1_500.jpg

Pothead the Porcupine, anyone?

That seriously reminds me of this, although it holds no real relevance:

tumblr_medww4VuOI1qfsokzo1_500.jpg

Pothead the Porcupine, anyone?

And thus SIlver was born.laugh.png

For me the most disturbing thing from the Sonic series is the music to Sonic 2's Death Egg Zone.

It's so haunting, eerie, and demonic sounding I'm almost glad we only get to for only 3 second.

Out of curiosity what are these "skeleton prisoners" from SA1 Red Mountain I keep hearing about. If someone could please post a pic that would be great. My SADX disc broke so I'm unable to see them.

Wow, I completely forgot to include my most disturbing Sonic moment in that last post. Way to go, me.

Anyways, there are a lot that I would choose, many that have previously been listed. But one of many for me is Tidal Tempest Past.

(Skip to around 1:44)

Not only is the music incredibly eerie and empty feeling, but it feels so... desolate. It's almost as if theres hardly anyone/thing inhabiting the place. Kind of like those sleepy little towns you see in your average horror movie, you know? I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it really gives me the creeps.

• Thumbs Up 2

The most disturbing thing I've ever found in a Sonic game genuinely scared me the first time I saw it. I've been playing Sonic 1 since I was a toddler, I know that game inside and out and it's probably the last game I ever expected to scare me, on one of my favourite Zones no less!

66lwfa.jpg

Nothing scary about this picture right? It's just good old Labyrinth Zone, nothing to see here.

Until you look closer...

2n9xjpz.jpg

What the fuck is THAT!? I was horrified when I actually noticed it properly for the first time. The bird shaped head murals are fine because well, birds exist but just what is that thing...?

I see it as a face with big eyes and a gaping mouth in case anybody sees it differently.

I dread to think what the creature itself must've looked like :s

Dude, how often does Classic Sonic get stolen, remodelled into Nightmare Fuel and slapped on products?!

...Did Sonic defeat Tails Man in the second one?

Edited by Dr. Crusher

The most disturbing thing I've ever found in a Sonic game genuinely scared me the first time I saw it. I've been playing Sonic 1 since I was a toddler, I know that game inside and out and it's probably the last game I ever expected to scare me, on one of my favourite Zones no less!

66lwfa.jpg

Nothing scary about this picture right? It's just good old Labyrinth Zone, nothing to see here.

Until you look closer...

2n9xjpz.jpg

What the fuck is THAT!? I was horrified when I actually noticed it properly for the first time. The bird shaped head murals are fine because well, birds exist but just what is that thing...?

I see it as a face with big eyes and a gaping mouth in case anybody sees it differently.

I dread to think what the creature itself must've looked like :s

That face reminds me a little bit of the Incan god Viracocha:

220px-Viracocha.jpg

Viracocha was the main deity that basically created all life. Maybe Labyrinth Zone was meant to emulate Meso-american ruins?

• Thumbs Up 1

The underplayed fact that Eggman has zero regard for others' lives. Beneath that delightful jolly smile is a heartless killer who has thus far:

-Sent Angel Island plummeting into the ocean numerous times. Knuckles, Big, ANYONE near where it crash-landed and anyone who was in the radius of the following earthquake could've easily died.

-Decided to NUKE A FUCKING CITY, after failing to have Chaos flood and wipe out the Station Square, AN EVENT WHICH HAPPENED HOURS LATER.

-Blew the moon in half, since he was all safe in the ARK who cares about the dangerous effect this had on Earth?

-Actually tried to nuke the entire planet in SA2.

-THREATENED TO NUKE SOLEANNA (Eggman has a preference for nuking apparently tongue.png).

-DESTROYED THE FUCKING PLANET TO BUILD A THEME PARK!

-A THEME PARK WHERE THE RIDES GO NOWHERE!

-DRAIN AN ENTIRE SPECIES OF IT'S LIFEFORCE TO POWER ROBOTS!

-DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE CONCEPT OF BADNIKS.

-Left Metal Sonic, Orbot and Cubot for dead several times...

AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A GENTLEMAN. Eggman's a fucking psychopath, guys! D:

"You... are my number one... guy..."

• Thumbs Up 1

That war cartoon is nowhere near as bad as the infamous "Use ice cream for bombs and mark each kill on a tree" one.

That war cartoon is nowhere near as bad as the infamous "Use ice cream for bombs and mark each kill on a tree" one.

It's not that. It's the face Sonic is making. I just put the vid there in case anyone was curious as to where the picture came from.

...I know that. I was just saying thank fuck they didn't use that one for "re-Sonicing" instead.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

...I know that. I was just saying thank fuck they didn't use that one for "re-Sonicing" instead.

Ah, okay. Wait, re-Sonicing. Do I want to know what that is?

Don't get your hopes up, it's just a word I made at the top of my head. No secret dark and/or sexual undertone required.

^

Ah, okay. Because, you know, this being the internet and all...

"Where everything else can mean anything else."

The Mighty and Ray posters in Generations are pretty disturbing when you think about it.

Assuming our time correlates to Sonic time accurately, they've been missing in-universe for 18 years. Even the most nomadic of ramblers doesn't evade notice from people for that long, unless they're...well, dead.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because deep down, even SEGA know he's the biggest sex symbol of the series, regardless of how much chest hair they give their new hedgehogs.

• Thumbs Up 1