Awoo.

Spin Attaxx's Art Thread of a Magic Girlie and stuff

Spin Attaxx

tumblr_olp0qoRnpF1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_olp0qoRnpF1ttdj8lo2_1280.jpg

Just some sketches I did in college when bored. I might remake the Jessica one as a full-on digital piece.

• Thumbs Up 5

Did someone want sketches? Cos boy, do I have sketches. Small ones too, cause SSMB shat itself and now apparantly I have to past images via their URL and not just pasting them directly like I was able to before, lest I just create a page of nonexistent images.

tumblr_olqks6YYVE1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

I gave Cassidy gloves in this one, but the lack of colour makes it less obvious.

tumblr_olqks6YYVE1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

Sometimes it's hard being an alien dictatorship's head of military and second only to the big boss himself.

tumblr_olqks6YYVE1ttdj8lo3_500.jpg

A Jessica sketch. Not much to say here, though I did try and give her boots a more defined heel like I used to.

tumblr_olqks6YYVE1ttdj8lo4_500.jpg

Not much to say here either.

tumblr_olqks6YYVE1ttdj8lo5_500.jpg

I hardly draw Jessica comically, so here she is in a state of panic.

tumblr_olw7n9Hga21ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

I hardly ever draw Jules, and I think part of that is his design. I've made him more elaborate, and he's not just a worm made of crystal balls anymore.

tumblr_olw7n9Hga21ttdj8lo2_1280.jpg

Like Jules, Walter's always felt a little too simple to me. I've given him a sea captain's hat and a set of goggles to make him more of the nomad I imagine he is, but I'm not sure how much better it is.

tumblr_olw7n9Hga21ttdj8lo3_500.jpg

Not changing Mr. Gravity Elemental here design wise, but I still can't think of a good name for him. Right now, the only one springing to mind is, "Professor Graviton", but surely I can do better than that?

tumblr_olw7n9Hga21ttdj8lo4_500.jpg

Wukong with a vest, amulet and scars to make him more distinct and not just a gorilla with a tail.Not sure if the vest will stick or not.

tumblr_olw7n9Hga21ttdj8lo5_500.jpg

I've changed Tesla's eyes and hair slightly, and she's disgusted with me and everyone else here :U

• Thumbs Up 4

Have some casual Lumina sketches.

tumblr_om3xc024PD1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

I imagine Lumina habitually makes a glowing aura around herself when she wakes up.

tumblr_om3xc024PD1ttdj8lo2_1280.jpg

Lumina isn't too fond of having quiffs that match her brother's horns, but she can't get rid of them.

tumblr_om3xc024PD1ttdj8lo3_500.jpg

One of the perks of being an Elemental's size is that a small tub of chocolate mousse becomes a big bucket.

• Thumbs Up 4

tumblr_omenxaEAH51ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

“Something you wanted to say about me?”

sAOBK7e.png?1&key=d37acef56ef6610fab4b29

With this, I tried to create glowing spheres that looked somewhat glassy with a thing inside it. "Tried" being the operative word.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Ai-yai-yai, has it been this long since I updated? Welp, time to catch up a bit:

tumblr_ontcweSHvf1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Look at these dorks what I drew; featuring Lily Redesign #564.

tumblr_oom85jAxU21ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Shade acting all menacing.

tumblr_oom85jAxU21ttdj8lo2_1280.jpg

Shade after acting all menacing in front of someone he can't push around. Bless his bug-eyes.

tumblr_oom85jAxU21ttdj8lo3_1280.jpg

A sketch of Shade's transformation from Elemental  form to Sorceror/Humanoid form.

And now, some Jessica sketches:

tumblr_oom89a19vC1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

Normal cutie Jess.

tumblr_oom89a19vC1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

"Hi there. I have cuter boots than you."

tumblr_ooppvmDxUX1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

"Sigh... god dammit, Shade."

tumblr_ooppvmDxUX1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

"OH JESUS CHRIST IS THAT A BEE HELP ME"

tumblr_ooppvmDxUX1ttdj8lo3_500.jpg

"Spinny just bollocked up the proportions of the next pic... I look like a bloody bobble head in it ='("

tumblr_ooppvmDxUX1ttdj8lo4_500.jpg

"Oh, ICK, what is that?!"

tumblr_opfjo1HVa11ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

Jessica Powell; she can blow up alien robots wiithout a care, but is terrified of interacting with other humans.

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_opibdoDxpB1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

After quite a whiile (IMO), Jessica's got herself a new digital piece and a ball of dangerous literal nothing in her hands.

tumblr_opp5x47bvd1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

Drew Tesla and Amber for the first time in forever. I think about their dynamic in my head (Tesla's a rigid, stick in the mud, bitter fallen aristocrat, Amber's a lazy, but gentle, kind, and easily adaptable fire kitty), and it makes them one of the more interesting Elementals in my mind.

tumblr_opp62hEBvK1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

Strange how little I draw Robinson, seeing how she’s Jessica’s pet, companion and de-facto best friend before meeting the Elementals.

tumblr_opt1v73pov1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

So today is a friend’s birthday, namely @Failinhearts! He manages a roleplay topic over here, and I’ve taken a liking to it. As such, I had Lumina jamming with one of his favourite characters, Kaede Akamatsu (from New Danganronpa V3).

Too bad a couple of hecklers had to show up, huh?

• Thumbs Up 8

Thank you so much, Spin! Kaede looks adorable! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_oq5kv3OAHB1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Two cutie besties hanging out. I should probably draw them together more often...

tumblr_oq5l1luE6l1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

This one's pretty eh. That left boot bothers me.

tumblr_oq5l1luE6l1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

Just another casual Jess.

tumblr_oq5l1luE6l1ttdj8lo3_500.jpg

As Jessica walked along, she looked up and wondered just what she was looking at in that last pic.

tumblr_oqgg3eQCZU1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

As much as I and Jessica are loathe to admit, it's getting warmer and warmer, so here she is with her hoodie unzipped.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Welp, I forgot to update this.

tumblr_oqod7bjmZp1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oqod7bjmZp1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

Sketches of Jessica and the gang. I think this is like one of the few times I've made it clear just how small the Elementals are.

tumblr_oqug5zX6bw1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

A cutie in the void.

Actually tried to create a fancy background effect in SAI itself for this one, without needing to export to GIMP and adding in a quick gradient effect that SAI for some reason seemingly lacks.

tumblr_oriet6feVp1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

I suppose an “eye see you” comment is too overdone?

tumblr_orpilz67nm1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Doodle I did during a week where the UK was quite literally melting and evaporating.

tumblr_orsvy64A5C1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

As much as Jessica loves the rain, she loves getting out of it and slipping off her boots and hoodie to relax even more.

tumblr_oryu6f1aN21ttdj8lo1_1280.png

“And here we see the wild Ivorn in his natural habitat.”

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Whoops, forgot to update this with some stuff from months ago.

HERE COME THE SKETCH DUMPS

tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

Jessica from the back. A rare thing for me to draw, really.

tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

Another Mystic Armour piece.

tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo3_1280.jpg   tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo4_1280.jpg  

tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo5_1280.jpg

Some Scouter Mystiscope concepts. Never sure if I want to go mono-eyed or dual-eyed. You guys have any thoughts?

tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo6_1280.jpg

Flying saucer sketch.

tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo7_500.jpg   tumblr_oseyj9RoQf1ttdj8lo8_500.jpg

Jessica and her loyal birb together.

tumblr_osouk1lg971ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Two cute girls coming at you live from Enchantus! I actually bothered to use GIMP for a gaussian blur to make my backgrounds look somewhat nicer. I think this looks pretty good... but as you can see, I completely screwed up the shading and shadows. Whoops.

tumblr_ot9t2mO9qP1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Beta and Cassidy just did a naughty thing. At least they let me do the blurred background and shading based on environment thing a little better.

And now, some sketches I did three weeks ago on a ferry to Ireland, now posted here a few days before I go back:

tumblr_otq2weUo0U1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

On long voyages like these, listening to music on my 3DS is a lifesaver. Jessica seems to agree.

tumblr_otq2weUo0U1ttdj8lo2_500.jpg

Oh dear, who gave Lumina a smartphone? Oh well, at least she's having fun with it... if only I had it so this pic could've been taken in a much better quality.

tumblr_otq2weUo0U1ttdj8lo3_500.jpg

Two girls walk on the beach, and they act there in very different ways, as you can see.

Also, I slightly increased Lumina's height (and I suppose that of most of the other Elementals) to "below/slightly above human waist level" because it's getting annoying for me to draw a group shot where Jess is small and the Elementals are so small the detail looks bad. Might stick with this, might not. Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Time for another art dump:

NvJU5UD.png?1

Just a small colour test for Amber. Not sure if I'll change it or not.

tumblr_ov4cpfNbom1ttdj8lo1_500.png

I felt like drawing this cutie patooie again. Drew it for SSMB Heroes, and I'm pretty amazed at how things turned out for her over there! Speaking of SSMB Heroes, though, here's a couple of things I've done for it:

Spoiler

FapJ1Cv.png

For the finale of Worlds Collide, the Skylanders took on super forms of their own, and here's Jessica and company's own! Ivorn has elbows and hands now! Good for him! Also, the first time I've drawn Shade with his Necrozma corpse crown.

3o5C7nK.png

A partially unfinished poster I did for the TSOTS story I recently helmed, where the Skylanders have to stop two meddling time travellers from screwing with the past!

(And yes, I basically took Voidica from this and made her a separate picture :U)

wOxZqtv.png

For the final battle, one of the time travellers battled in a giant mech shaped like Monokuma, recurring foe of the Skylanders and the basis for their troublemaking army. Who was it, though? Why not check it out for yourself and find out?

tumblr_ov9g5wGSZ91ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Cassidy: Red, purple, green, and mean.

tumblr_ovii803HtB1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Finally did a digital Tesla piece for the first time in like four years.

tumblr_ovtv1eKHW11ttdj8lo1_1280.png

A few outfits I doodled for Lumina. She's more open to wearing something different than Jessica.

tumblr_owhwonvuye1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Jessica by a mountain, soaking up the Enchantean moonlight... and hopefully not the eyesight.

tumblr_owhwonvuye1ttdj8lo2_1280.png

Plain old Charn sketch. Yep :U

• Thumbs Up 6

• 5 months later...

Wow, I let this place gather dust. May as well post my newest sketches to revive it.

tumblr_p50ou86eo31ttdj8lo1_540.png      tumblr_p50ou86eo31ttdj8lo2_500.png

tumblr_p50ou86eo31ttdj8lo3_400.png      tumblr_p50ou86eo31ttdj8lo4_540.png

Just a lot of Jessica; standing, sitting, crouching, and blasting Beta in the face.

tumblr_p50oy3mGe71ttdj8lo1_540.png

Beta by himself. I realised too late I drew him rather slanted.

tumblr_p50oy3mGe71ttdj8lo2_540.png      tumblr_p50oy3mGe71ttdj8lo3_500.png

I wondered what Cassidy would look like if she wore a cape. I think she might keep it lol.

tumblr_p50p27hjUa1ttdj8lo1_540.png

tumblr_p50p27hjUa1ttdj8lo2_540.png

tumblr_p50p27hjUa1ttdj8lo3_540.png

tumblr_p50p27hjUa1ttdj8lo4_540.png

Meet the Alphadroids: Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, and Zeta, in their pre- and post-Jessica selves.

You have to hand it to Cassidy; the first upgrade they get in millions of years, and she turns them into war machines capable of ripping Jessica to shreds.

• Thumbs Up 4