Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed: official Fang petition added

Mando-Whirl-Wind

OK, so some interesting news, I dont want to get flack for posting this, however this is the best and quickest way to get out the news:

TB has posted an official Fang the Sniper petition for the DLC competition. This is a great chance to get him in a game once more, and perhaps bring him back in general(and maybe mighty too, nobody knows).

here is the link

http://www.change.or...ing-transformed

Not sure why he waited till now(despite some theories), however its there and official, so lets vote, also the overall sega thread is here, in case you want to look at other characters for those of you who havent voted already

http://forums.sega.c...d=1#post7684138

now, go ahead and vote, for him and whoever else you want to vote for

Knack_3.png

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Do you really think they're going to add an incredibly irrelevant Sonic character as DLC over relevant popular Sonic/SEGA characters?

well, of the characters up for petition, about 75% are old 'irrelevant' characters, like sketch turner, and Vectorman, and even ecco the dolphin, the only really 'new' character with a petition is miku who may get disqualified. also Fang is the only sonic character that has been made offical option for this competition.

You guys we have 6 days left, we need to work together, if you would like Bowl of L I can post the current official list

here is the list according to TB

Also, daily update of the progress thus far.

November 24th, 17:35pm, East Coast Time.

-Segata Sanshiro: 2344

-Ryo Hazuki: 2262

-Hatsune Miku: 2149

-Vectorman: 1027

-Bayonetta: 990

-Ristar: 900

-ToeJam & Earl: 721

-Billy Hatcher: 554

-Axel Stone: 479

-Blaze Fielding: 454

-Phantom R: 391

-Selvaria Bles: 374

-Alis Landale: 356

-Welkin Gunther: 308

-Sakura Shinguuji: 302

-Ash: 282

-Opa-Opa: 278

-Arle Nadja: 272

-Kazuma Kiryu: 242

-Sketch Turner: 234

-The Chu Chus: 220

-Space Harrier: 208

-Bonanza Bros: 191

-Amitie: 143

-Rag Rappy: 119

-Jacky Bryant: 92

-Spiral Knight: 45And now, for something completely different.

That's my thought also. But since Ecco is such a hot topic, I might as well do that. I guess it's only fair, we'll see what comes out of it.

as of now

I think of this list, Fang has a good chance, and deserves a chance, go ahead and vote you guys

also, feel free to help viralize this amoung the sonic fan sites, the more people we get voting and interested the better!

well, of the characters up for petition, about 75% are old 'irrelevant' characters, like sketch turner, and Vectorman, and even ecco the dolphin, the only really 'new' character with a petition is miku who may get disqualified. also Fang is the only sonic character that has been made offical option for this competition.

You are missing the point. Why would they pick an irrelevant Sonic character that would sell less over a relevant more popular Sonic character that would sell more?

You are missing the point. Why would they pick an irrelevant Sonic character that would sell less over a relevant more popular Sonic character that would sell more?

Because a while back ago there was a poll about which character do characters feel should be included in ASRT and Fang won the poll?

No, I don't even like Fang I'd much prefer Bayonetta or Vectorman, and definitely Miku until further notice of her position in this thing, I'm not saying anything till Sumo steps in or SEGA officially de-confirms her.

Fang....he's a good character, but there are plenty of other characters I'd like to see added into the game, Like Sketch Turner, Bayonetta, and Flo. Until then, Sketch is the one getting my vote.

well, I was about to link you to the poll as well, Fang beat all the other sonic characters, also, not saying he should win, I think he should be given a chance, and as much as I would love to see Sketch Turner, I sadly doubt we could motivate the sonic fanbase to vote for him like we could get it to vote for fang, personally I think its a great oppurtunity and we should work together on this you guys

Fang/Nack deserves a return but it would be better done in an actual Sonic game with a storyline, not here.

why that is true this would be a great stepping stone as well, as its a chance to show that the combined effort in the interest around fang, and this is our chance to do it, and we need to act, we only have 6 days to do what the other characters have had 2 weeks to do

also, JezMM, if we wanted too, we can always use this as a springboard for an actual bring back Fang petition, if we get all the interest created through this, as an immediate goal, we can use this to create an even bigger petition for his overall return, just a thought

Fang gets a fantastic disadvantage coming in so late and after big news sites have already shared this news and anybody who would have glanced at the article would have already. Hogfather put it best. It's not that it's Fang specifically getting the shaft that bothers me, it could be any character.

• Thumbs Up 1

well, they did just throw on Ecco as well, maybe we should just ask TB to stem the list just there

However, since we have been given this oppurtunity, why shouldnt we take it, between the sonic fanbase in genral and the fan sites we have got a decent chance at this if we can spread the word

why that is true this would be a great stepping stone as well, as its a chance to show that the combined effort in the interest around fang, and this is our chance to do it, and we need to act, we only have 6 days to do what the other characters have had 2 weeks to do

also, JezMM, if we wanted too, we can always use this as a springboard for an actual bring back Fang petition, if we get all the interest created through this, as an immediate goal, we can use this to create an even bigger petition for his overall return, just a thought

The problem is though, Fang fans seem to forget he appeared in three games.

One obscure Game Gear platformer a lot of people haven't played.

One even more obscure Game Gear racer that even less people have played.

One obscure arcade fighter that is only now getting a rerelease.

And he has a minimal role in all three. If he returns they NEED to reinvent the guy, reintroduce him, kinda like they did with Team Chaotix. He appears here, no-one will care other than the comparitively tiny pocket of Nack fans.

If anything, him appearing here would only hurt the chances of his return as SEGA witness firsthand a very lukewarm (if any) reception to him.

• Thumbs Up 3

well, once more like I said, no harm in trying (also all 3 of the games he was in were in sonic gems collection, thats where I know him from), and again, we can always use this to springboard a bigger petition, you never know

we can always use this to springboard a bigger petition, you never know

People are not seriously expecting anything to come from this are they?

The problem is though, Fang fans seem to forget he appeared in three games.

One obscure Game Gear platformer a lot of people haven't played.

One even more obscure Game Gear racer that even less people have played.

One obscure arcade fighter that is only now getting a rerelease.

And he has a minimal role in all three. If he returns they NEED to reinvent the guy, reintroduce him, kinda like they did with Team Chaotix. He appears here, no-one will care other than the comparitively tiny pocket of Nack fans.

If anything, him appearing here would only hurt the chances of his return as SEGA witness firsthand a very lukewarm (if any) reception to him.

Shut up haters.

This is one poll I can get behind. Forget obscure SEGA characters, NACK ALL THE WAY!!!!

both of you have a point, however I think we should consider a way to try and get both, if you guys want to try and throw together a petition for his overall return I'm all for it, however we do have this chance now, and we shouldn't waste it, JezMM if you want to start up a thread on the disscusion board, for a movement to start a petition for the return of fang in general, then I will put together the petition myself, however I would like some consent before I start throwing together random petition, as we will need a lot of signatures.

also yes hogfather I do expect something to come from this, if not DLC, then perhaps some future game content choices by sega, however we do need to show the interest

Shut up haters.

This is one poll I can get behind. Forget obscure SEGA characters, NACK ALL THE WAY!!!!

Nack isn't exactly a popular character either, you know...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing there is a reason he became "forgotten" in the first place, since it's a touchy subject around SEGA...

you, I have always been curious about that myself, however who knows if we will get the answer behind it, but who knows he might return now. Well I am calling it a night, and it will be interesting to see what else you guys in up bringing up

Nack isn't exactly a popular character either, you know...

When did I say he was popular? Also what's the "either" there for? That refers to nothing I said in my post.

Staff Edit: No need to make rude comments. Let me remove that one for you.

Edited by Diz

God stop mocking people over a fictional character! This is really fucking childish you know? I honestly feel these petitions bring out the worst in people, and not a platonic group of people looking towards filling out this petition.

• Thumbs Up 7

Honestly I am pretty game to attempt to get some more characters considered as DLC and if it has a chance of working then it doesn't take me too much effort to rally a li'l support.

But there's been so much arguing and people hating/insulting each other because they don't agree about [insert character] being cool.

It makes me wanna nap.

• Thumbs Up 2